Exclusive

So You Think You Can Dance: Season 11 Pairings Revealed!

So You Think You Can Dance Season 11 pairings

You’re only as strong as your weakest samba roll — or so the old saying goes (kinda sorta).

And that’s why So You Think You Can Dance fans have been eagerly awaiting news of the show’s Season 11 Top 20 pairings.

RELATED So You Think You Can Dance Top 20 Performance Recap: Feels Like I’m Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door

After last week’s “Meet the Top 20″ telecast — in which every contestant was paired up with someone from the same style, and then given a routine in their own genre — tonight’s telecast (8/7c on Fox) will push the dancers outside their comfort zones.

RELATED The View: 13 Nightmare Replacement Hosts

So without further ado, the Season 11 pairings — which, barring the elimination of a partner, will stick until the All-Star portion of the competition kicks off — are as follows:

Brooklyn Fullmer and Casey Askew
Malene Ostergaard and Stanley Glover
Jacque LeWarne and Zack Everhart
Bridget Whitman and Emilio Dosal
Jourdan Epstein and Marcquet Hill
Valerie Rockey and Ricky Ubeda
Carly Blaney and Serge Onik
Emily James and Teddy Coffey
Jessica Richens and Nick Garcia
Tanisha Belnap and Rudy Abreu

What do you think of the Season 11 SYTYCD pairings? Who got lucky? Who drew a short straw? Which couples do you think are poised to head directly to the Top 10? Sound off below!

1. Karen says:

How would you answer the questions you just asked?

2. analythinker says:

I know you must think Valerie got lucky, Michael, but I’m excited about them together. She was all smiles at her first live routine with Zack!

3. Percysowner says:

‘m actually curious if this tells us anything about eliminations tonight. Did they assign the pairs before they knew the results of the voting so that one pairing would go home instead of getting new partners next week? Or was this done blind? If I were guessing I would say that Jourdain is getting a boost being with Marquette, Nick is getting a boost being with Jessica, Jacque is getting a boost with Zack Valerie is getting a big boost with Rickey, and Marlene is getting a boost with Stanley although that’s a bit iffy since I think she may be able to do other styles well. I have no feeling about the rest of the pairings.

• GTS says:

No one is getting eliminated tonight. The point of last week’s episode was to see the dancers actually dance, not to send someone home.

• skscott says:

ya… Last year that was the case BUT they all said Two would be eliminated tonight..

• Maddy says:

Word on the street is that not only is tonight an elimination night (absolutely confirmed), it might ever be a DOUBLE elimination night (per some ambiguous tweets from Nigel).

4. Gilded Lady says:

I think Marcquet might be in trouble. The ballet dancers were underwhelming.

5. Allison says:

If they knew the voting ahead of time when they assigned the pairs, I would guess that Brooklyn and Casey are gone. They were early in the show and just not as memorable.

6. LADY_in_MD says:

Hi Micheal,

Do you know if 4 people are going home tonight or just 2? I thought last week one of the judges’ mentioned 4 people but I was not sure

I think the pairings are good but I hope Marcquet doesn’t get held back with his partner. But then again that routine with the 15 turns looked hard for both the ladies. It was my least favorite last week but I did feel for them even though it was their own genre it looked as though both lost air after those turns.

Cant wait to get home tonight and watch!! :-)

7. Karen says:

Tanisha and Valerie sure lucked out with Rudy and Ricky as partners in terms of personallity and skill. While Valerie seems really sweet, I doubt her skill-level a bit. But hey, she might surprise me. Quite like the Malene/Stanley pairing, as well as Jourdan and Marquett

8. Kim Maxwell says:

Honestly, I’m still at the stage where I can’t remember who most of them are without seeing their picture next to their name.

9. Jo says:

A slide show with pictures of the pairings, even if just their individual shots next to each other, would be killer right about now. I’d give you the clicks and everything. Too many names! Help me TVLine, you’re my only hope.

10. Lore says:

Wow, cant wait for tonight Valerie and Ricky, that is gonna be my top pair, but Malene and Stanley looks good, Marcquet not sure yet with his partner, Jessica and Nick, that is gonna be interesting, but they are some i really dont care about, like Casey, Jacque, Brooklyn, Carley, Tanisha

11. Sophie says:

Really excited about the Ricky and Valerie pairing, and I’m cautiously optimistic for some of the others.

12. Mark Twain says:

I don’t remember anyone’s names yet. LOL What happens when two people are voted off? Do the remaining two dance with the partners of the ones who were? I wonder if they paired people knowing who (and I’m sure they do) was voted off and knowing then who will end up with whom? Confused?

13. Kim Bailey says:

So you think you can dance vote does not show all of the contestants for voting.

14. Sara says:

If you saw the episide last nigh, WHERE IS VALERIE DURING THE OPINING I just cant find her.