Ratings: Rookie Blue Drops Vs. Big Brother, Last Comic Hits Low

Big Brother

ABC’s Rookie Blue took a hit this Thursday with Big Brother now in the mix, drawing 4.9 million total viewers and a 0.8 demo rating — down 18 and 27 percent from its week-ago premiere.

Opening ABC’s night, Black Box (3.9 mil/0.6) ticked down to a series low. Come 10 pm, NY Med returned to 5.5 million viewers — its largest audience ever — and a 0.9 rating, down 25 percent in the demo from its summer 2012 premiere but off just a tenth from that season’s finale.

RELATED Rookie Blue Recap: Beat Up Hearts

CBS’ aforementioned Big Brother (6.6 mil/2.3) matched its Wednesday premiere numbers and led the night in the demo. (A Big Bang rerun meanwhile drew Thursday’s largest audience, 8 mil.)

RELATED Big Brother Recap: Sweet 16

Over on NBC, this week’s Undateable double-pump averaged 2.7 mil/0.8 against BB, up in viewers but down a tenth in the demo. A fantastically unfunny episode of Last Comic Standing (3.2 mil/1.0) dropped 20 and 29 percent to series lows.

Fox’s Hell’s Kitchen (4.9 mil/1.7) ticked down a tenth while Gang Related (2.5 mil/0.8) held steady versus BB.

1. Sarah says:

Ouch RB. :( ABC really screwed up. JMO, though.

• Kim R says:

I said this last week as well but I think people are probably watching it online because we are a few episodes ahead in Canada. I don’t think about it until I see the headline of the recap on here and I think “well, I could answer that question! I saw that 2 weeks ago!” :D

• Sarah says:

Yeah, I’ve been watching it online, but I almost got a virus, twice, from a site. And now Global is blocking it, so I can’t watch it there either. :(

2. Jenny says:

Caught my first ep of black box yesterday it was last weeks and I really enjoyed it. Shame it’s not doing so well.

• Sparky says:

Really liking the chemistry between Catherine and Bickman….much better suited than Will. I think the first episodes were very cookie and it put people off but these last few episodes have been really enjoyable. Shame it won’t see a second season.

ABC really screwed up with Rookie Blue by putting it on a month after Global. Maybe they should do another couple of double episodes so that we are just a day behind Global when they move to Wed nights as opposed to 4 episodes behind and get the ratings back.

3. DavidSask says:

You are correct about last nights LCS, it was bad! Wanda never should let comedians go outside of stand-up for show even if that means shortening length of show!

4. Sarah says:

Why the switch with Rookie Blue’s time slot??? Last year it was at 10:00 EST/9:00CST, so imagine my surprise yesterday of seeing NY Med on instead!

5. Moment says:

There’s not much to worry about with Rookie Blue, it’ll get renewed in Canada, the current ratings are good enough for it.