Teen Wolf Season 4: Major Death, Hot Stalia Action and More in Full Trailer

Someone’s making a list and checking it twice on Teen Wolf in Season 4. Unfortunately, that list is a supernatural hit list — and it looks like everyone in Scott’s pack makes the cut.

RELATED | Teen Wolf Season 4: Kate’s Big Reveal and More Teases from the Premiere

Just days after teasing fans with a first look at Teen Wolf‘s new villains, MTV on Saturday rolled out the full-length trailer for Season 4, properly introducing eager fans to this season’s big bad by name: “The Benefactor.” This isn’t the first time we’ve heard that name, but it is the first time we could actually put a face to it. (Am I wrong in assuming that face belongs to Game of Thrones‘ Joseph Gatt?)

Now, for the stray observations:

* Why is Dylan Sprayberry’s Liam so mad at newbie Mason for crushing on a fellow teammate? There will be no shortage of drama on the lacrosse field this year, and no lack of fodder for fanfics.

* Get it, Malia! Seriously, is this Stiles’ first repeat hookup in Teen Wolf history? That’s reason enough to root for Beacon Hills’ new it couple. #progress

* Generally speaking, it looks like Teen Wolf is really getting back to its roots this season, both in content (lacrosse, etc.) and tone. This trailer is loaded with the same horror vibes from Seasons 1 and 2. No complaints here.

* It’s also nice to see Papa Argent taking on a fatherly role with Scott, especially with no more kids of his own to look after.

* Derek Hale, ladies and gentlemen. That is all.

What are you taking away from the full Season 4 trailer? Are you excited to see Stiles and Malia’s relationship progress? And what do you make of the new kids? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Sandra says:

i don´t ship Stalia :(

• Jess says:

Me neither. Thank god I’m not the only one.

• janean137 says:

Isn’t it the worst being a lone shipper or anti shipper? I don’t ship the me either! I hate it when you want a couple to get together for so long and then they bring in a new girl that screws it all up…”sigh” #shipperstruggles

• Anyone who cares about romances other than their own has screw loose. I anti-ship the very existance of shipping. Relationships in fiction should matter to no one. I need to find a way to literally change the neurology of the whole world to agree with me.

• janean137 says:

I think you are on your own lol ;) people just are excited about their TV! That’s all lone wolf!

• Rachel says:

Ikr me either

• LAE LOVE says:

Yes! Same. I will totally rather ship Stiles and Lydia now that no offense but now that the twin is gone he can move on in. I was really fangirling after watching the trailer it was super good and will be looking forward to a GREAT season. but really serious question IS ALLISON EVER GONNA COME BACK? TEEN WOLF IS GONNA BE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Theo says:

I’m cool and excited in regards to most things stated in the article but I am really struggling with the Stalia thing. As a character on her own Malia’s story is interesting enough, but the romance with Stiles doesn’t work for me. Can’t he just be alone or have some new girl come in?

3. Shaun says:

Kinda surprised Argent came back to town.The pack needs more members.

4. DL says:

I feel like I’m the only person in all of Teen Wolf fandom that actually likes Stalia. T_T

• Nate says:

You’re not. People just have issues. Like they’re tv characters get the hell over it

• Josh says:

How does not liking Stalia mean you have issues? I wouldn’t have minded it if they had just gone slower and given Malia so consistency instead of a bunch of personalities all in one episode but they’ve rushed this character very hard.

But I’m not losing sleep over the pairing. If they’re a couple, they’re a couple.

• ca says:

I love them, Staliaa!! =) Styles and Lydia are just friends

• Suzi Walls says:

i like stalia!!!

5. Ian says:

I suspect the whole Stalia thing is because they’ve had Lydia rolling around with plenty of other guys in prior seasons, but Im not feeling Stiles and Malia either, myself.

Love Kate being back, and I hope there’s some movement on the potential Papa Stiles and Mama McCall romance this season.

6. Mark says:

I think season 4 looks like it will be the best yet! From what I’ve heard and seen we have a ton to look forward too! SO excited about Malia! She had a ton of potential to be so much fun and a great new character in the mix! AND YES STILES! It’ll be nice to finally see him getting a little reciprocated love for once! Bring on the Stalia! I can’t wait to see their vibe as a couple! I feel like it’ll be anything but boring!

• Tiffany says:

Yes totally agree I love malia as a character ppl say it was rushed in season 3 sure it was but who cares we will learn much more about her in season 4 and I bet a lot of ppl will change there mind about her and also malia and stiles didn’t move to fast they only made out It was confirmed! Lydia first off doesn’t deserve stiles and second she has shown no interest in him what so ever so all I’m saying is Lydia and stiles r ment to be just friends! Duh malia and stiles r endgame! Love there chemistry probs to the actors for that

7. Ally Oop says:

I think Scott’s dad turns bad and that’s who his mom tells him to kill.

8. Dylan says:

I am definitely not excited for Stalia in season 4.
    I really wish there would be more Stydia because they actually have real chemistry together.

• Nora says:

What chemistry? I hear this all the time by stydia shippers. All she does is ignore him. I’m not saying because Stiles is in love with her means she have to reciprocate those feelings, but she don’t tell just tell him she uninterested either. She knows how Stiles feel for, all she has to do is tell him she doesn’t have feelings for him.

• Hhaley hills says:

But she dosent just say that. They even said that they have a connection bc she was hus anchor when they had too die.

• Tiffany says:

They have a friend connection in my opinion and nothing more and in season 4 Dylan obrien said at alphacon that he will be letting his feelings for Lydia go cuz he’s maturing

9. aniya says:

so excited!!!oh i cant wait!!!i want season 4 right now!!!! guys!!isnt that derek and braeden????

10. Josh says:

I really, REALLY hope Peter dies this season. I’m sorry, I just don’t like the character or the character type(they get old very quickly). I also hope Lydia is the one who kills him :)

• Enrique the Intelligent says:

Peter is one of those characters that is best when seen sporadically. It gives his character more weight and adds to the mystery of his motives. I think, for the most part, the character is a “bad guy” and always will be, but those characters can have moments of redemption that add a lot of important layers.

My wish is for Peter to fail at whatever plan he has cooked up and leave town with his tail between his legs. Then he can return here and there but not be lurking in the background all the time.

11. Grant says:

Kate is in the pack it seems like she wants 2 kill the benefactor

• Enrique the Intelligent says:

I’m thinking she will never be allowed in the pack after what she did to Derek and his family. She may become a temporary ally if it helps her survive (remember that earlier spoiler about how she still acts like an Argent with the family mission in mind?) another day, but she is always going to be an arms length away so she can’t stab them in the back.

I would be curious about a Kate/Peter hookup but imagine they would both have to have an agenda to put their animosity aside to let that go down (no pun intended).

• Shaun says:

she’s not a Werewolf,can’t be in the pack unless you broaden the definition.

• "A" Has Risen says:

Um, Stiles and Lydia aren’t werewolves? But they are in the pack. Malia and Kira aren’t werewolves, but they are also in Scott’s pack.. So, guess the definition is broadened? :x

• jag says:

in context yes. but Malia is a shifter-cayote and Kira is a fox spirit according to Japanese lore (not sure about this one. hope no body crucifys me.). So they fit in and Lydia is a banshee and Styles? i cant really answer that question. What i’m implying is Scott’s pack is just a bunch of supernatural creatures.

12. wrstlgirl says:

I don’t give a crap about all the shipping drama. Honestly what a waste of time. Teen Wolf is back, just be happy that it didn’t get cancelled like a lot of other great shows.

• Scott Johnston says:

I can’t stand shippers and all their stupid little fantasies. Every time I see their combo words like Stydia and Sterek I want to vomit. The show will do what it wants and all the shipping in the world won’t affect that.

• Tiffany says:

Tess’s I totally agree ppl can whine all they want but that’s not gunna change anything! So get over it and just love the show cuz it’s amazing

13. Ian says:

Totally watched the trailer a few times, lol.

Cant make out who Derek’s gettin busy with, but it must be a new female character.

New gay black dude’s hair is terrible.

And Kate’s clearly the leader of the big skeletal baddies, but is she in league with The Benefactor?

Quite excited for this season.

• Josh says:

Yeah that was some pretty cringe worthy acting from gay dude and new dude…And aren’t they all 15, so that shirtless dude being sexualized at 15 is creepy haha.

Not sure they really need a whole new character with his own storyline. Let’s concentrate on the Scott, Stiles and Lydia and their romantic/supernatural entanglements.

• wrstlgirl says:

Please tell me your not judging their acting abilities based on this short little clip. Clearly you can give them more of a chance than that.

• Josh says:

True, I should be a bit fairer, but this is Teen Wolf after all. I nver really have high hopes for acting abilities(Let’s face it, Tyler Posey finally got his footing last seasons, but The Twins, Issac, Demon WOOOOOOOLF, Colton Haynes, Erica, the guy who controlled the lizard creature, etc etc weren’t very good actors).

• wrstlgirl says:

Actually I think they are fine actors. I think it’s the material they’ve been given that doesn’t allow them to really dig in. It’s a very simple script. I think what Stiles got last season was the best I’ve seen on this show.

• aniya says:

i think the girl is braeden!!!!i know it s a bit….but i think its her!!! i hope thats true…

14. Andy says:

WHERE IS DANNY?!
    Gah… They can’t drop the bomb that Danny has known all along about Werewolves and then not make him important in Season 4

• Enrique the Intelligent says:

It’s obvious that Danny is really “The Benefactor.”

Just kidding, I hope. I completely agree with your post and hope they’ll work him into the pack without him having to be in a relationship with a current member for him to be included.

15. I don’t dislike Malia as we haven’t gotten to know much about her. I was a bit disappointed where they went with her character last season. Having spent much of her life as a coyote they could have focused a bit more on that I think. I don’t love that she’s hooking up with Stiles next season as I want to get to know her character more without adding the whole love interest thing in too.

16. Gergana says:

I don’t ship Stalia.I ship Stydia.

17. Rachel says:

I just watched that video and I’m crying

18. Laura says:

I like malia but i’don’t ship stalia :( I want STYDIA ♥

19. SterekFTW says:

To be honest, I’ll be very disappointed If they don’t give us more Sterek. Tyler Hoechlin and Dylan O’Brien said in the AlphaCon that they would love to have more scenes together. Hope Jeff accepts.

20. Jessica says:

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Lydia might be helping the benefactor like without her knowing because the bite she got from Peter in season 2. Because nothing ever happened with that really they just said she was immune it never really explained a lot. Questions that will hopefully be answered.

• YayaTheLynxWolf says:

Peter’s bite awakened Lydia’s Banshee powers which is why she was immune and didn’t become a werewolf.

21. GothikRoyalBlue! says:

I ship Stalia. I don’t understand why some people hate Malia, just because of Stydia? I mean, Lydia had never show that she really cares about Stiles farther than a friendship.

22. Michelle says:

This season has been so good so far! I’m absolutely loving it along with Malia. And Stalia is adorable! Not my favourite couple but I still very much like it. Can’t wait for the mid season finale! Apparently there is going to be more death! Not looking forward to that.