NBC Fall Schedule: Premiere Dates Set for The Voice, Parenthood's Farewell Run, The Blacklist and More

Parenthood - Season 5

NBC is first out of the gate this year in detailing its premiere plan for the 2014-15 TV season. It kicks off (suitably enough) with Sunday Night Football, really starts singing when The Voice (now featuring Pharrell and Gwen Stefani as coaches) and The Blacklist return, and winds down with the launch of two new dramas: the DC Comics-based Constantine and Katherine Heigl’s State of Affairs.

RELATED | Fall TV: NBC’s Blacklist Due for Midseason Move, Parks and Rec MIA

As previously reported, The Blacklist will go on hiatus when State of Affairs claims the Mondays-at-10 slot in mid-November, then return in early February (first airing after the Super Bowl, then in its new Thursdays-at-9 home).

On tap for midseason or later are Parks and Recreation‘s farewell run, Season 3 of Hannibal, the Russian spy thriller Allegiance, the Traffic-like Odyssey, the comedies Mission ControlMr. RobinsonOne Big Happy and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and the “event” series Emerald CityAquarius (starring David Duchovny), A.D. (aka the follow-up to The Bible, premiering Easter Sunday) and the 13-episode Heroes Reborn.

All told, NBC’s fall premiere schedule looks like this; new series in ALL CAPS (click title for details).

Thursday, Sept. 4
8 pm Sunday Night Football (Green Bay at Seattle)

Sunday, Sept. 7
7 pm Football Night in America
8:20 pm Sunday Night Football (Indianapolis at Denver)

Thursday, Sept. 11
8 pm The Biggest Loser

Monday, Sept. 22
8 pm The Voice
10 pm The Blacklist

Tuesday, Sept. 23
8 pm The Voice
10 pm Chicago Fire

Wednesday, Sept. 24
8 pm THE MYSTERIES OF LAURA (new)
9 pm Law & Order: SVU
10 pm Chicago P.D.

Thursday, Sept. 25
10 pm Parenthood (final season premiere)

Friday, Sept. 26
9 pm Dateline NBC

Thursday, Oct. 2
8 pm The Biggest Loser (time period premiere)
9 pm BAD JUDGE (new)
9:30 pm A TO Z (new)

Tuesday, Oct. 14
8:00-9:00 The Voice (time period premiere)
9:00-9:30 MARRY ME
9:30-10:00 About a Boy

Friday, Oct. 24
8 pm Dateline NBC (time period premiere)
9 pm Grimm
10 pm CONSTANTINE (new)

Monday, Nov. 17
10 pm STATE OF AFFAIRS (new)

NOT RETURNING TO NBC NEXT SEASON: Believe, Community, Crisis, Dracula, Growing Up Fisher, Ironside, The Michael J. Fox Show, Revolution, Sean Saves the World and Welcome to the Family.

1. Thilia says:

I hate how Grimm never returns until around Halloween. Grrr.

2. rimom5 says:

NBC ruined Revolution by giving it an extented hiatus. I hope they don’t kill the Blacklist by doing the same thing. It would be a shame!

• Tran says:

Don’t worry. At least moving to Thursdays at 9 p.m. come February is going to save Blacklist and NBC.

• Karen says:

Now just how you figure that! Right on Monday at 9:00 CT is exactly a perfect place for it!!!! Going to Thursday against established CBS comedies after the long hiatus might be us demise too, just like the killed Revolution. NBC can screw up good shows quicker than other network.

• Robin Cohen says:

Blacklist was the ONLY program I watched on NBC for many years. Moving it from Monday is a dumb idea. Will we have to waste most of Thursday evening( because of football)starting in November? If NBC is so concerned about Katherine Heigl, put her in the Thursday time slot. I, for one, won’t watch her show and I don’t think another damn hiatus for Blacklist is a good idea, either.

• At least About a Boy and Blacklist are coming back. But only Boy is on it’s regular nite. Probably means DVR Blacklist. those are about the only 2 tihings I watch on NBC as CBS is my thing and some ABC. Looks like a bunch of more junk coming back on NBC like the junk they removed! We did like Growing up Fischer, tho and Believe.

• We don’t like this changing around nites, as we have our other stuff all to see other nites. And football is NEVER one of them.MOn. for Blacklist was great after D.W The Stars on Abc,

• The powers that be at NBC should know better than to switch days and times around and stall shows for later season. Blacklist has been a good thing going for them and they just should know better

3. Tran says:

Can’t wait for the final season of Parenthood on September 25th. I’ll keep watching The Blacklist because I’m still hooked before the series moves to Thursdays at 9 p.m. come February 2015 and I’m interested in State of Affairs debuting on November 17th (don’t know if it’s going to be one of the breakout hits of the Fall TV season and especially Katherine Heigl’s return to prime-time TV post Grey’s Anatomy).

• Dr. L says:

Don’t count on a hit. Katherine Heigl is kinda hated everywhere and the show looks terrible, I mean, awful.

• Tran says:

What are you talking about? Doesn’t matter if NBC has high hopes for State of Affairs if it’s a hit or miss and I don’t care if it’s going to survive in its first season.

4. chrisjroof says:

You are showing that The Biggest Loser premieres on a Thursday at 8pm and then have later in October it on a Thursday at 8pm with Time Period Premiere – is one of those incorrect?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Excellent inquiry. Oct. 2 is the time period premiere for one-hour installments. Prior to then, it’s running two hours-a-pop.

5. Philip says:

Any news on what the plans are for Hollywood Game Night? What’s the wait time between the end of airing of the current 10 episodes and the taping of the new set? Will they film more episodes pretty soon or will they wait a while? Don’t see the show in the above list.

6. Babybop says:

It hurts my heart (and sanity, after that finale) that Hannibal is midseason.

7. Joel says:

Has there been any word on how many episodes are in the final season of Parks and Rec?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

The final seasons of PARKS and PARENTHOOD are each 13 episodes.

• Joel says:

Thanks Matt! Wish it was more but I’m sure they will both finish strong.

• murley says:

i am so sad about next season being the final season of Parks and Rec and being shorter. i am certain it will end strong, the way the office did, and i think they have brought all their characters through really satisfying arcs but i just am not ready to say goodbye! how will i live without andy every week. at least i will still have brooklyn 99.

8. Ally Oop says:

I plan on watching 4 shows on NBC this fall: Parenthood, Constantine, A to Z and State of Affairs. Midseason shows I also will check out are Allegiance, Emerald City and The Odyssey. I’m not optimistic though about most of these show’s chances for another season. Both Constantine and A to Z have horrible timeslots and the midseason shows won’t do good unless they premiere in January.

9. Carole says:

Revolution is one of my favorite shows. Please bring it back. By putting it on hiatus so many times, you ruined the ratings.

• Ally Oop says:

Revolution was my favourite show on tv this past season but after seeing the last few minutes of the finale I’m kind of okay with it’s cancellation as the show was going in a direction I didn’t like. My biggest regret is never getting to see Charlie and Monroe get together. I would love to see either of them in another action or supernatural role on a tv series.

10. Lysh says:

Huh. I didn’t realize I don’t watch anything on NBC. I’ll be watching Constantine though.

11. Karen says:

NBC canceling Revolution is a crime. Some if the crap shows they have they keep, good shows are gone! Revolution could be a good second to The Blacklist! Without The Blacklist, NBC would definitely be in the toilet bowl at the bottom. Mess with it’s time slot and people will forget about NBC all together!!!!!

12. Kathy Ann Holbrook says:

Why is “Crisis” not returning, I think it is a great show…

13. katy_917 says:

Never realised before that I don’t watch a single NBC show…. will be watching State of Affairs, though, and Constantine, so I guess I’ll soon be a watcher.

• Fabe says:

You really need to watch Hannibal. It is hands down, the best show on TV. Just trust me. That is all.

• Maryann says:

I tried watching Hannibal and didn’t get through the first episode. It totally made my skin crawl, and almost made me throw up, and I am a regular watcher of other dark shows on tv.

14. pat carter says:

NBC is at it again out to ruin Blacklist! Why do they take the best shows and move them around
    and take them off the air for long a long period of time

• herman1959 says:

DITTO. And let me add that when The Blacklist returns from hiatus it will be on at the same time as Scandal!

• Tran says:

I’m NOT going to give up on The Blacklist because I’m always hooked on the show and James Spader and I’ll keep watching it depending on how many seasons it will take. Moving to Thursdays at 9 come February it’s going to be tough going up against Scandal not to mention it will have a post Super Bowl episode after that.

15. Saad says:

I just realized I don’t watch anything on NBC anymore now that Community and Revolution are gone. Though I should probably give Hannibal a shot.

16. Tamar says:

Biggest Loser is entered twice on Thursdays at 8.

17. Kevin says:

NBC just cancels any new show so why bother getting into them? Look at what they did to Revolution… they killed it by moving it around like crazy and putting it on hiatus for a few months. Looks like they’re doing the same to The Blacklist this year. Better wrap up the list this year.

• Teag says:

Except they didn’t cancel Hannibal, Blacklist, Parenthood, or Parks in their first season along with many others.

18. Robin Zarzana says:

PARENTHOOD IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS EVER! EXCELLENT ACTING & ALWAYS A HEARTWRENCHING STORY !
    WHY IS THIS THE FAREWELL OF ASHOW THATS STILL NEW AND FRESH??

19. David Willis says:

I prefer Growing Up Fisher over About a Boy. About a Boy started out great; but resorted to too many sexy jokes and the boy seems to portray a cancer victim.

20. Pat says:

We have to wait until October 24th, for the return of Grimm??? Not happy waiting, but I will have to grin and bear it. 😞😞

21. Deborah James says:

I love Blacklist but going up against Scandle on thursday…..blacklist on DVR
    DJ

22. Aryn says:

Revolution was killed when they moved it to 8pm, regardless of the night…it was a 10pm show and that is a fact! And in both seasons it had ~4 months off in the middle which never helps a show, only kills it faster! Ugh, NBC stands for No Body Cares – you sunk your network all on your own Execs

23. Joey Padron says:

Can’t wait for The Blacklist, Parenthood, and About A Boy new seasons. Sucks Parks and Rec final season will not start until next year.

24. AW says:

I’ll be watching Grimm, Blacklist, and Constantine. NBC – If you’re reading this, please change your mind and bring back Believe for season 2 for summer of 2015; this show is still amazingly good even though it has only one more episode left to go.

25. Tran says:

NBC and Bob Greenblatt made a huge mistake for cancelling two fan favorites in Community & Revolution because of “ratings”. I know ratings are like the bearer of bad news when a show goes up, down, flat or steady and the network execs have to make a tough decision on whether a show gets renewed or canceled or get picked up for a full season. Let’s hope NBC keeps Blacklist for the time being depending on how many seasons it will take and how well the series’ ratings are and it’s not going to be that hard moving Blacklist from Mondays at 10 to Thursdays at 9 come February now that it’s going up against Scandal (somewhat of a bad move on ABC part perhaps). Don’t want to see NBC going back to the ratings basement just like what Fox was this past season.

• herman1959 says:

Scandal fans will have no problem tuning in an hour earlier (PM), so don’t worry. The really freaky piece of scheduling is Grey’s Anatomy at 8 PM – I just can’t imagine it. Fire up the DVR and Hulu Plus!

• Bobbie says:

You do realize that ratings = money, right? So when you say they canceled a show because of ratings what you are saying is they canceled a show because it was not making money. That is not a mistake. That is good business.

26. doris says:

Why in the world is Sunday Night Football going to be on Thursday! I hate that they will take off The Blacklist for 2/12 months! Hopefully there will be some good shows on cable! speaking of cable, looking forward to the return of Suits and Covert Affairs, two great shows!

• Bad Samaritan says:

Sunday Night Football is going to be on Thursday only twice in 17 weeks, that first one being the NFL kickoff game. It’s part of NBC’s contract, but they don’t have to change the title just because it’s on a different night. They sometimes call Thursday games “special events” or something to that effect.
      And don’t worry about The Blacklist, if State of Affairs is a bomb, they’ll be back on Mondays by spring. If it’s a hit, which there’s a chance it will be, maybe NBC will win on Thursday for once!

27. E.F. Coleman says:

Just hate that about Parenthood my fav.

• Tran says:

I know. Can’t wait to see how Parenthood is going to end as it kicks off its final season on September 25th. One of the best TV dramas I’ve ever seen and kudos to Jason Katims who also did another great TV drama: Friday Night Lights.

28. jenferner8 says:

I still haven’t forgiven NBC for canceling Awake. As it is SVU and Grimm and Blacklist are the only shows I even bother with.

29. murley says:

hmmm, nothing for me until grimm and constantine in october. i used to watch a lot of shows on nbc. they used to be my go to network for comedies and now it is just parks and rec, and not for long. what happened??

30. S.britton says:

Another 2 coaches bite the dust on the Voice, who are they and why?..

31. J says:

The new design of this site sucks.

32. Jake says:

Really excited about mysteries of Laura!

33. Joanne says:

What does it mean about Parenthood (final season premiere)????

34. Gerald says:

Wow I really don’t watch much on NBC. The Chicagos. That is it. I will check our Marry Me and Constantine.

35. Fabe says:

I’m sad that Parenthood and Parks & Recreation are ending. They were a big part of my teenage years. I can’t wait for Hannibal to return though! I’m rewatching the first 2 seasons again and cannot believe how amazing it is! Thank heavens NBC knows it created such a gem! It’s going to be a loooong and painful hiatus for all of us Fannibals!

36. Maxsmom says:

Crisis has/had issues but I think they are/were resolvable. I am not interested in any of the new shows.

37. Sarah says:

Will The Sing-Off be back this winter?

38. Monica says:

My husband and I are SO DISGUSTED that Revolution has been cancelled!!! And I can’t believe some of the things NBC is premiering instead! Last Comic Standing?!? Ugh!!

39. Maryann says:

It is very tough not seeing Revolution on NBC’s fall schedule. If it felt like a fair cancellation, it would be easier to move on. But it sticks in my guts that NBC treated it as a throwaway and didn’t give it anywhere near a fair chance. When it failed at 8 PM against Arrow ( which has to have a very similar demographic)’ why didn’t they try it at 10pm — any night of the week? Revolution is the type of show that a lot of the 8 PM audience is going to avoid — too much sex and violence, or the expectation of same — and the sort of audience that would like Revolution tends to expect this type of show later in the evening. Or they could have turned it into a summer show, where scifi has had recent success. Falling Skies and Under the Dome anyone?

40. Nicole says:

Wow, the only shows I’ll be watching are Grimm and about a boy. Sadly it’s the same on every other network. I used to watch multiple shows and now I’m down to one or two. I have a feeling this new season is going to suck.

41. Michael Polz says:

I think NBC they should really and try to bring back Community tv show series.

42. Michael Polz says:

I think NBC should try to bring back Community television show series! Will it be on Netflix then?

43. kandrew4900 says:

What’s happening with Grimm, there was no mention in this article about the show!