Ratings: LEGO'd Simpsons Clicks, Once and Good Wife Slip, Resurrection Finale Ticks Up

TheSimpsons_LEGO_EpisodeThe Simpsons‘ awesome and (largely) LEGO-fied episode on Sunday night drew 4.3 million total viewers and a 1.9 demo rating, “building” 23 and 19 percent week-to-week.

Opening Fox’s night, Bob’s Burgers (2.3 mil/1.1) was flat while American Dad (2.6 mil/1.3) ticked up a tenth. Leading out of The Simpsons, Family Guy (4.4 mil/2.2) grew 10 percent and a tenth, while Cosmos (4.2 mil/1.6) was up 14 percent and two tenths.

Elsewhere on Sunday….

ABC | Once Upon a Time (6.7 mil/2.0) slipped two tenths, the Resurrection finale (7.9 mil/2.0) inched up a tenth and Revenge (5 mil/1.3) was flat.

RELATED | Read Our Recaps for Once Upon a Time, the Resurrection Finale and Revenge

CBS | The Amazing Race (8.1 mil/1.7) dropped two tenths, Good Wife (9.1 mil/1.2) ticked down to tie its series low and The Mentalist (8.5 mil/1.2) matched last week’s series low.

NBC | Leading out of nightmarish Dream Builders numbers (2.2 mil/0.5), Believe (4.3 mil/1.0) and Crisis (3.6 mil/1.0) each dropped a few eyeballs while steady in the demo.

RELATED | Read Our Recaps for Cable Television’s Game of Thrones and Mad Men

1. Britt says:

Am I the only one who can’t stand “The Accidental Alliance” on The Amazing Race?

Plus pretty much all my shows dropped…sad :(

• Eric7740 says:

Accidental Alliance my foot!!! They U-Turn the Cowboys and should’ve U-Turned the Brenchels, isn’t that what the “Accidental Alliance” agreed to??? Thats not an Alliance! They are looking out for themselves!!!

2. wrstlgirl says:

Resurrection finale’ was great. I really like Believe, to bad. Looks like a goner. Once is boring me to death :-( and Revenge is tedious, lol. Anyone know if Crisis has an ending? I thought I heard it was going to be like Hostages and be a one season and out type of show.

• johnhelvete says:

Crisis has an actual ending for this season according to the creator of the show, he also claims he has an idea for season 2 with some of the same characters. That of course will not matter, the show will not be renewed.

3. thatdude says:

ABC please renew Resurrection. Dont end it like Invasion

4. Coal says:

I really like Crisis, but I’m happy that it is a one season only type show. Now looking at the numbers of Hostages and Crisis it makes me wonder what type of numbers 24 would delivered had it made its debut during this era of TV, not back in 2001. I really also don’t get the 1.2 rating for The Good Wife, its an excellent show.

5. dax says:

I will be sad to see Revenge get cancelled, but sadly that seems inevitable now

6. Diz says:

That was the best Simpson’s episode since I can remember.

• jenna says:

I have the episode on dvr, its been quite a few years since i’ve watched new episodes but now i’m excited to watch this one!

7. david says:

I don’t watch Resurrection but the premise seemed interesting. Can’t be a great sign that Yes and I Don’t Watch are pretty even in the poll though.

8. Tav says:

So uh, I’m guessing there won’t be a 7th season of the Mentalist (on CBS anyway).
    How wonderful that TPTB decided to hold a Jane/Lisbon union hostage (pretty much spinning their wheels the entire season, including last night) in an effort to drag things out for another season. There’ll probably be an eleventh hour kiss in the finale and that alone will have to suffice for viewers who’ve waited so long to see Jane and Lisbon together.
    Way to go, Heller; you’re *totally* doing this “for the fans.”

9. thatdude says:

Lisbon and Jane should have been together for 2 years now, this soclose thing isnt helping

10. David4 says:

I don’t understand why the actual LEGO Simpsons mini figures have weird looking heads while on the show they had more normal LEGO heads.

11. krendall says:

I’ve simply been disappointed with The Good Wife. There haven’t been any decent episodes since that explosive fifth episode and the Kings’ failed to live up to their promise about every fifth episode being an ‘event” episode.Even last night’s episode was “meh”. I think they have settled into a comfortable zone where they don’t have to do any work, since their show has been renewed. Only two episodes this season were noteworthy, the fifth episode, where Alicia and gang ran from L/G and the episode with Will’s death.

12. Liz says:

Thanks for the ratings news, Matt. I usually watch CBS on Sunday evenings and catch up on OUAT later. I wanted to try out “Believe” and “Resurrection” this season but I decided to hold off. I have seen too many shows that I watch and others watch get cut too soon these days.
    I think the Kings have done a great job this season. I respect them and when they come out with their next show, I will certainly check it out. That being said, after Will was killed off (instead of written off) that was the end for me. Too much that I liked about the show went with him. Can’t comment on how episodes have been post that episode. But the rest of the season has been excellent. Great actors, fantastic writers and producers, superb series.
    I also love watching “The Mentalist.” I used to love coming home after work and look forward to relaxing and watching these two shows. Now I look forward to watching this show. And since I don’t know its fate yet, I’m preparing myself to say goodbye to it possibly this season. After that I guess no more Sunday shows for me. I’ll just pop in a movie or watch something queued on my DVR. Good episodes the past two weeks and the acting in the last scene of the episode was excellent.
    Thanks again, Matt. Of all of the entertainment reporters out there, you’re one I respect a great deal. Stay classy.

13. Pat says:

I just want to see Resurrection get renewed, so I can have an ending. Once was great last night and I suspect with the finale next week it will have a strong showing.

14. Forwardad says:

PO’d about AR. The country chicks got two non- elimination legs and the Cowboys are out ? I’m out as well. Looks Like the whining Connor and Dave will win based on the many legs they’re winning and they are my least favorite. :-(

15. G. says:

I can’t believe more people aren’t talking about Revenge. It was an amazing episode last night. I hope that it does get renewed and who is the new guy who is stalking Charlotte, David Clarke’ son perhaps, that would be interesting. I hate that ABC announces their cancelations and renewals so late.

• Gerald says:

It’s pretty much a given that it will be renewed due to syndication. There’s really nothing to be worried about…

16. WS says:

People who stopped watching TGW without Will and keep blaming the producers is annoying. The actor wanted to leave, and that’s how they chose to write him out. I think the episodes without Will have been JUST AS GOOD, especially since his character was obnoxious (read: jerk) throughout most of the season.

17. Carolyn says:

I think that The Good Wife has been consistently wonderful throughout the season. I’m looking forward to the season finale because it seems that an LG and Florrick/Agos merger might be coming soon! Now I’m curious as to what Alicia will do about Peter. Last night, she remained faithful although really tempted! Who can blame her, that Nestor Carbonell is really hot! But, I do think that she should apologize to Peter because he didn’t deserve the bashing this time! He was only trying to offer comfort. I think that not watching TGW because of Will is really narrow-minded since he really wanted to leave at the end of last season! Wish him well, but don’t miss him anymore! Too much action without him, and the action didn’t center around him anyway!!

18. Me34 says:

How is that “Bob’s Burgers” always get the lowest ratings of the Animation Domination? It’s easily the best of the four shows right now (“The Simpsons” is my all time fave show, but right now BB is killing it).

19. Matt says:

Revenge was awesome! I do feel that the Ressurection finale was a little lackluster though. 😕

20. Vero says:

LOL about the Good Wife ratings.. I stopped watching after Will died.. they should have sent him away to to LA or something, then I would have continued watching in the hope that he would come back some day in a guest appearance..You kill all hope, you lose your loyal audience..