Who's Ruining Grimm Shocks? Where's Nashville Cash? Is Arrow Channeling Buffy? And More Qs

GrimmWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Grimm, The Following, Supernatural and Nashville!

1 | Gee, could a few more Grimm characters have had loud chats  — within Adalind’s earshot — about what really happened to her kidnapped daughter? And did promos have to spoil the fact that newcomer Trubel is a Grimm? (NBC, we seriously need to have a talk about your promos.)

2 | Did Game of Thrones‘ Aidan Gillen crank up the volume on Littlefinger’s Irish accent from “7.5” to “Leprechaun” between Seasons 3 and 4?

PHOTOS | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

3 | Did Last Week Tonight With John Oliver have the least fussy first episode in the history of TV? If you didn’t know it was a series premiere… would you have known it was a series premiere?

4 | Could The Following‘s FBI AgentIMG_00000546 Jeffrey Clarke have looked any more disinterested while laying witness to the parting words between a notorious serial killer and the lawman who had hunted him for years?

5 | Judging by the final scene of this week’s The Blacklist, how long do you think it’ll be before the writers go there with Liz and Ressler?

The Tomorrow People6 | Does the cuteness of The Tomorrow People‘s John and Astrid outweigh the age-difference problems that plague Cara and Stephen? (And man, John sure moved on quickly, didn’t he?)

7 | Is there any chance Adam Levine can make good on his promise to help Kat Perkins buck The Voice‘s trend of ‘Twitter Saved’ contestants getting immediately ousted the next week?

8 | Why did Maria Hill lie to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s Melinda May about Nick Fury’s fate, knowing that May had been inside the director’s innermost circle?

9 | Did any other Glee fans experience major secondhand embarrassment during Rachel’s TV audition?

RELATED | Spoilers on Big Bang, Castle, Once, Arrow, Good Wife, NCIS, Reign, Glee and More

10 | Doesn’t everyone want a relationship like The Mindy Project‘s Mindy and Danny’s, where you can eat pizza on the couch and watch Death Honeymoon? (Le sigh.)

11 | How much do you love that The Vampire Diaries‘ Other Side dilemma is also affecting the drama on The Originals? Spin-off continuity FTW!

12 | Did Supernatural’s lackluster Bloodlines episode serve to reenforce that the magic behind the original show’s success is the chemistry between Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki?

13 | Is it wrong that we laughed harder over Inside Amy Schumer‘s verrrry anatomically correct animated meerkat than we did at anything else on TV in 2014?Person of Interest

14 | Person of Interest fans — did you just die?

15 | Did Modern Family make anyone else a bit uncomfortable with Luke’s assertion that he’d be able to “get with” Haley, his sister? Um, what?

16 | Did the way Arrow expertly planted the seeds for its Big Bad this year remind you of Buffy‘s season-long arcs? But if Laurel’s gonna hang with rough-and-tumble Team Arrow, can she at least dial down the delicate Ann Taylor threads?

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard 2014: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

17 | Who untied Nashville‘s Scarlett? And, as TVLine reader Karon points out, “Why does Rayna’s label continue to financially struggle? Didn’t she and Tandy inherit Lamar’s fortune after he passed?”

18 | Snap poll: Do you have more or less respect for the two American Idol contestants who voted to proceed with the weekly elimination — rather than to keep the Top 5 intact — resulting in Sam Woolf’s ouster? And on a related note, did the “shocking twist” feel like an unnecessary bit of psychological torture for the contestants, or did it make the results show a little more exciting?

19 | As sucktacular as it’s going to be to see Grey’s Anatomy lose Sandra Oh, can anyone blame Cristina for wanting to take over Burke’s hospital equivalent of Hogwarts? And any guesses as to how much Cristina’s spur-of-the-moment plane ticket to Zurich cost Burke’s hospital? (One quick online price check tells us it could’ve run north of $5,000 — plus the nearly 24 hours in travel time.)

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? On the Bubble?

Vikings20 | Vikings played Penny Can…? But on a more serious note, didn’t the “shocking” season finale play out rather predictably, especially for those who reckoned Floki was faking his tiff with Ragnar?

21 | After seven years of living next to Leonard & Co. on The Big Bang Theory, is Penny really still only capable of a blank stare and witty retort when the guys start talking about something nerdy? And can “Jedi Ghost Bob Newhart” please get a cameo in Star Wars VII?

22 | Today has a segment called “Steals and Deals.” Good Morning America has a segment called “Deals and Steals.” Need a thesaurus, morning television? And, ending on a superficial note: Is GMA‘s Amy Robach morning TV’s most beautiful anchor?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

1. colleen says:

As bad as the Grimm promos are, they don’t hold a spoiler candle to the Parenthood ones

• Allison says:

No kidding. There wasn’t really much of a need to watch the Parenthood finale, since you saw every plot point in the promos.

• Rich Abey says:

Ummm…you might be forgetting Parks & Rec. Spoilers revealed the main character to be pregnant before we even had an inkling that she was or that she would have been this season!

2. meah says:

The issue with john/astrid on tomorrow people is that they have more chemistry than cara/john steven/ cara combined!why would anybody bother about their age difference when the show is gonna be canceled?there’s no need to be upset cos its a waste of strength.p.s I love the show,not a hater,just being realistic

3. Laura M says:

17 – Do we know how long it has been (in Nashville time) since Lamar died? I don’t know how Tennessee probate works, but Rayna and Tandy wouldn’t just automatically get all of Lamar’s assets when he died. Probate, taxes…you’re talking a minimum of nine months. Sorry for the legal nerdiness – it is what I do for a living =)

• Pia says:

I don’t recall every aspect of his legal woes, but weren’t his assets frozen at some point as well?

• Emgee says:

Yes, his assets were frozen, and just because he died does not mean the investigation into his dealings disappears and makes his money legitimate.

• MA says:

He was released free and clear before he died because Tandy’s evidence had been gathered illegally and the feds couldn’t use it, so they had no case. They’d have had to also unfreeze his assets then too.

• Ava says:

I thought the feds froze his assets, too.

4. #12 It most CERTAINLY did!

• I agree and disagree…..I agree that the combo of the two makes the show AMAZING…..but I disagree that the lackluster episode was because of this.

What makes Supernatural absolutely awesome, is how completely on the edge of laughs and hilarity everything is. Ackles & Padalecki just make is even better.

The episode was just too “normal”. There was nothing there to make anyone think it’s going to be as funny or inventive. It was your standard Romeo & Juliet tale….which stunk. No good dialogue or anything. All of it was mundane at best.

5. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

I don’t think that female ‘GRIMM’ is going to last that long….she’s good kicking wessen butt but she’s to damn unstable and can handful! With that said can’t wait to see how it turns out tonight.

• Marcie says:

Actually, I think she’s going to live with Nick and Juliet and provide a good bit of side drama – all to bring in a younger audience, perhaps.

• nate says:

i think shes like the Faith to Nick’s Buffy….did i say that right??

6. Anna says:

2 – Yes he did. The better question: does it make him sound more creepy or less creepy? I vote for more.

12 – So true! I didn’t know why I didn’t enjoy this episode as much as other and thus didn’t think it would be a good show until I read this. Good chemistry really is everything.

7. Mary says:

#1 – Oh my God Yes!! I said the exact same thing during the show. How is it even possible that Adalind doesn’t know the truth.

8. Linda says:

12. That’s a big YES!

9. MA says:

#17) I think the orderlies or doctors untied Scarlett. She was there voluntarily; she hadn’t been committed. And from what she said, it sounds like her mother is the one who had her tied to the bed while she was unconscious. If Scarlett was lucid (she was) and wanted to leave, she was free to go, even without shoes or a coat. That’s also why Rayna had to talk her into going back. As for the money, I have no idea. If anyone finds it, please let Rayna know. She could use the help.
    #18) More respect for sure! And yeah, it was a ridiculous attempt at shock value.

• Calli says:

I think you’re right. If I recall that seen, the doc was saying that she was a voluntary admission when they cut away. She wanted to be untied, so they untied her.

10. LADY_in_MD says:

#14 totally I kept screaming take off the blindfold!
    #15 probably the creepiest line ever on MF
    #17 I think I have more respect as I believe the voting was a ploy by the producers to keep Sam for one more week thinking all 5 would vote yes but it back fired on them

11. Jesse says:

#1 I get it, but seriously though, it’s kinda your own fault if you watch promos…

• Jesse says:

Forgot to say: LOVE this section of TVLine. I enjoy reading these critical questions/remakrs. Most of them really make you think.

12. SonOfCoul says:

8 – Maybe Hill didn’t know how inside Fury’s circle Melinda May really is? Fury is not the type to be telling everyone everything.

13. JC says:

16. Did the way Arrow expertly planted the seeds for its Big Bad this year remind you of Buffy‘s season-long arcs? Uh. NO. I would not in any way use the word “expert”. This season has been all over the map, with dropped and mishandled story arcs all over the place. Last season had a clear cohesive plot from beginning to end. This season I get the feeling they tried to do far too much and none of it got handled properly. The Slade revenge arc has never made sense. And they even admitted that the reason Isabel Rochev disappeared for awhile is because they weren’t sure whether she was going to be an ally or a villain and they were trying to figure that out. Not to mention the abrupt swerve in tone after 210. None of that says to me “expert” or that it deserves in any way to be compared to Buffy.

• Marc says:

The season has had great moments and some good episodes, but it’s had its share of boring ones as well and the season overall lacks cohesiveness. Not to mention the fact that the writer’s have a penchant for including things that the audience is never shown or coming up with easy simplistic fixes in order to propel storylines. Look to the April 30 episode with that ludicrous Laurel/ Oliver scene in the foundry. Never mind that awful cure storyline. All along, Oliver knew about a cure for Mirikuru and didn’t a say a word, suddenly, oops, he didn’t mention it because he was ashamed? Wouldn’t Roy getting infected be enough of an impetus for him to start trying to create a cure? Absolutely ridiculous.

• JC says:

Oh yeah, the cure thing was ridiculous. If you’re going to talk about laying seeds, the seeds for that should have been laid much earlier. Like we really believe Oliver wouldn’t have been working on the cure since the time Roy got injected, or that Sara would never have mentioned it? I would bet that they weren’t initially planning on curing Roy, because this whole cure thing feels like a last minute change in direction.

• Allen says:

And let’s just all say what we’re thinking…Arrow can be pretty good sometimes, but it will never hold a candle to the worst Buffy seasons, let alone the excellent ones

• Drew says:

It would take a huge disaster level event in the writers room for Arrow to ever be as bad as Buffy’s final season. I was a huge fan of the show, don’t get me wrong, but season 7 was a lesson in what not to do with a TV show. I can’t even watch it in reruns.

• JC says:

I’m not a fan of Buffy seasons 6 and 7, but I do think they had a cohesive season long arc (7 more than 6 I think) which is something this season of Arrow has completely failed to accomplish. Whether I liked that season long arc is a different story, but I do think season seven had a cohesive arc.

• Drew says:

I disagree. Season 7 brought back the First and then they quickly realized that they had no idea what to do with that story. Caleb was a cliche, lame villain created in a hurried attempt to give Buffy someone to physically fight once they realized that she couldn’t touch the First. Then you had the uber vamps which were incredibly threatening one moment and then super easy to kill the next. They neglected the main characters of the show in its final season in order to introduce a swarm of teenage girls who were poorly developed and quite annoying. The first handful of episodes were good but the arc of the season was a train wreck and the finale was horrible. In one episode they are comparing the creation of the slayer to rape and a couple weeks later they are forcing it on hundreds or thousands of girls around the world.
            And on top of all that, they tossed years of character development for Willow and her arc’s climax in season 6 out the window and had her using magic again after likening it to hardcore drug use the year before (and kinda for seasons before that).
            Arrow season 2 may not be perfect but season 7 of Buffy was embarrassing to watch. Arrow is still a good show.

• Miranda says:

@Drew, on most of your points we’ll have to agree to disagree. I could try and explain otherwise for a number of them, but that’d be rather time consuming for me.

The one thing I will address regards the Uber Vamps. If you watch the special features for the season, somewhere they state that the reason the first Uber Vamp was so powerful was because it had the direct blood of a sacrifice that opened the seal and let the one out. Afterwards, the blood gets diluted to sustain multiple Uber Vamps rather than just one. Basically it’s similar to regular vampires, where some (generally the older ones) are stronger than others.

• Drew says:

I thought the whole point of them was that they were pure vampires who were super hard to kill. It seems like a lame excuse to me, after they realized how sloppy that whole storyline was.

• Marc says:

AAh yes Sara; so say we were to believe that Oliver was so deeply mired with shame that he was struck dumb simply by the thought of the word Mirakuru; it never once occurred to Sara to mention to the team that oh yeah, such a thing did exist at one point. Sara who has never been afraid to speak her mind. Situations like this makes me think that the writers have no idea what the plot will be from one week to the next, or they foolishly believe that the audience will overlook it because they happen to be fans of the show.

• Luis says:

Sadly, I have to agree with many of the comments that I have read here. Much as I love Arrow, the plotting this season has been haphazard at best, particularly in its use of Isabel Rochev, who everyone knew from the outset was going to be pivotal and yet disappeared from the show for weeks at a time when she and Ollie were supposed to be running the company together, then suddenly submarines him by taking over. The less said about the “cure,” the better; what’s the point of showing flashbacks if the characters who lived them aren’t going to remember important pieces of information until its too late to make use of them?

• Patrick says:

I feel for the Arrow writers. They have the DNA for a great show. But there are a few glaring flaws. From the get-go, there were two main characters. Ollie and Laurel. But Laurel didn’t work. I don’t want to blame Katie Cassidy, entirely. Her character wasn’t written well. Then Felicity showed up, and magic happened. Plus, Tommy was great, but then he found out the arrow’s secret, and he died. He never should have found out the secret. Thea shouldn’t have been his half sister. From the first episode, it was obvious that Speedy was the end game for Tommy, but then they had to pivot, all because Laurel didn’t work.

Now, the fans hate Laurel, and there are rampant rumors that Cassidy is not exactly beloved by the cast and crew. So they recast the supposedly dead sister to find an actress who can handle the physicality required by a Canary. Are they going to write off Cassidy or Lotz? Can they find a way to make Felicity the long term love? Do they want to? Since Laurel didn’t work, they had to bring in Deathstroke earlier than they probably wanted.

This season was a reset because the initial premise was unsustainable. As such, there have been some bumps.

• JC says:

Er. I’m kind of ignoring the rest of your comment, but where did you ever get the idea that Tommy was going to be Speedy? Because that was never in the cards as far as I know. Merlyn in the comics was one of Green Arrow’s main enemies, and up until Tommy’s death, most people thought that was eventually what he would become.

14. Nicole says:

#14 I agree I wanted her to know the truth so bad!! I said it closes that chapter by sending her to Italy but my husband pointed out that in the last episode Finch could go there to reveal himself and they could have a happy ending ( well that is after she got over her major trust issues that he, you know, faked his death and all).

• TvPeong says:

This weeks episode was so good. You just knew Harold would make the sacrifice play. I like that the ending scenes were so quiet, not a lot of action, just a man making a sacrifice for the woman he loves, and his friends there supporting him.

I don’t know where this is going, but I am enjoying the ride.

• Rich Abey says:

I never expected Harold would let her see him willingly after all the effort & time he spent in distancing himself from her life. No matter how romantic a reunion would be, it would not be a sensible long term decision considering the stakes at hand and the pain it would cause Grace in knowing that it was all a lie (though I don’t exactly believe that she believes Harold told her the truth and only the truth..remember when Harold was about to confess his double life to her and she responded with “Nothing you say will make me leave you” or something along those lines).

15. 19 – Don’t forget that when Burke ambushed Yang outside on the bench with the coffee, she told him she had to go so she wouldn’t miss her plane and he told her he had already someone buy her a later ticket just in case. So, he paid for two return tickets.

16. Mare says:

#6 – I can see the complaints about the age differences being the same for both sets of couples so why is it ok for one and not the other? Because one set is made up of better characters and better actors. I love John, he’s the only reason to watch for me and he and Astrid are sweet and good for each other! Plan to enjoy them while I can!

#12 – that show was trying too hard to be a CW clone. Andrew Dabb has written for the mother show for a while and yet to facilitate a spin off, he threw out everything from the mother show for this bad one. The one thing I will give him: he has continued with the LOL!Canon theme that Carver has implemented in his reign. I’ve decided that this show really isn’t in the Supernatural universe. Dean and Sam accidently slipped into a parallel universe much like the one where they were actors, and it was only the angelic power of Castiel’s phone call that pulled them out. They and we, will never speak of it again.

17. Matt says:

17.) Correct me if I am wrong, but weren’t all of Lamar’s assets frozen when he was arrested? I am not a legal expert, so I do not know if it would still be tied up, but even if it were not, I do not think that Rayna would want the money given her animosity towards him.

• tvfan says:

But Lamar had been released and charges against him dismissed; remember, Tandy refused to testify against him.

18. 17 – Any assets Lamar had that weren’t seized would have likely gone to legal fees.

• MA says:

I don’t know. He was about to give Rayna $20 million right before he got arrested. Basically just write her a check. I think he had more money than any legal fees could possibly cost.

• Anything he had would have been seized. And part of Tandy’s deal to cooperate and keep herself out of any trouble would have been that she had to identify any and all assets he had. He would have been left with next to nothing.

• MA says:

He was basically exonerated and released when Tandy couldn’t testify (because the evidence had been gathered illegally). The govt would have also had to unfreeze his assets at that time. He wasn’t out on bail and awaiting trial; he was let go free and clear.

19. Tom Charles says:

~
    Let’s put it this way, I didn’t even realize a half hour had gone by till they were wrapping things up. I’m in for as long as it’s around.
    ~
    ~
    I had a hard time parsing that myself. But I think especially given May’s “I’ll believe it when I see it” reaction, it was more meant to be “He doesn’t want to be found right now.”
    ~
    ~
    Maybe not Death Honeymoon, but yeah, THAT’S the dream.
    ~
    ~
    Yeah that was a bit weird but it’s clear the two of them didn’t really realize what they were saying at least at first
    ~
    ~
    She’s still not ready to accept how much she’s learned for from them. And yeah that would be great, but this is Abrams we’re talking about, so there’s still the concern that Chewie will end up looking like Barf from Spaceballs.

20. Liz says:

#20 I thought the same thing. Penny Can! In the dark ages!

21. Liza says:

I agree that the Vikings finale was predictable, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I knew that they had to stick to some historical accuracy, so that meant Rollo and Bjorn and the younger boys would all live. And it is historical that Ragnar became a Viking king, so I figured he would kill Horik. I think Floki still has issues with Ragnar, but I knew he wouldn’t betray him like that. Can’t wait for Season 3!!!

22. Fosho says:

16) It started with 3 of them and it’s time that it stays that way. Arrow has been hit or miss since their holiday break. The long arc with Slade would have worked better with more focus on characters instead of adding every comic villain from the Green Arrow universe to clog up the show. All good things in moderation. Sometimes having too many balls in the air means they all go splat. I hope tptb get back to good character driven plots instead of relying on shock value and bad guys of the week. Slade would have been more effective in my opinion. As far as “she who will not be named”, she could get a hazmat suit to cover her pretty threads and she still wouldn’t feel right joining the team.

23. cjeffery7 says:

2 – yeah he needs to cut that out. he’s a great character but that icky new voice is ruining it. BLEGHK. if he’s supposed to be such a charming sneek that voice is not going to do well for him.

24. christine says:

I love Amy Schumer!

25. christine says:

Saw the Flocki as Faker thing coming a mile away but they kept us guessing. It was a stellar episode

26. ArchieLeach says:

Buffy didn’t invent the season long bad guy. Disney’s Zorro did it way back in 57′. X-Files did it before Buffy too.

27. M3rc Nate says:

21 It majorly annoyed me (especially as a Nerd) that this “nerdy show” has the females STILL making fun of and griping about their boyfriends/husbands passions. It would be MUCH cooler of the show to write that Penny starts getting into the nerdy stuff, like actually enjoys watching Star Wars or something. I have not met a person yet who doesnt love SOMETHING nerdy even if they are a gorgeous woman or huge jock…whether it be Star Wars or the Marvel movies or something….having all of the GF’s & Wife not only be un interested, but put the guys down and make it seem like its a bad thing and be overall crappy GFs/Wives….just made me dislike BBT more. Its not a show for nerds to feel welcome and accepted, its a show for the audience to laugh at nerds and watch the “hot” women be annoyed cause their BF’s are nerds.

• Gwen says:

Penny DOES love something nerdy: Leonard! I totally disagree with your comment that this is a show for the audience to “laugh at nerds” – that would only be true if the characters are written as cartoonish characters, which they are not. The growth in these characters over the last seven seasons certainly takes it out of the cartoon category as well. If the characters were one-note without any other growth as people, it would be a different story, I think. I can’t imagine that Sheldon would have hugged Leonard even last season, but the fact that he did in last night’s episode speaks volumes to me about how much Sheldon has grown as a person.

• Dav says:

Don’t you remember the episode where Penny got so hooked on playing video games that the group had to stage an intervention. She did get hooked on something nerdy. Besides, the “hot” women have done plenty for us to laugh at as well.

• Celina says:

I agree with you… For me the show is not a “nerd show”, it is “lets make fun of the nerds show”. For me they are caricatural… And the hole Sheldon-Amy relationship makes it worse (I don’t know if they’ve improved or not, because I don’t watch it anymore).

28. romi says:

Norah O’Donnell is the most gorgeous morning anchor.

29. Anne says:

#12 I’m probably all on my own with this one, but I didn’t actually mind the awkwardness between the actors on the Supernatural spin off. Unlike Sam and Dean, these two characters have never met, they’re wary off each other and on opposite sides of this brewing war.
    Was it a great episode? No – and the acting was stiff at times and the dialogue could probably use some work. But I think it does have a certain charm and I hope it gets a pickup. I’m still a diehard SPN fan, but I wouldn’t mind seeing a different side of the show’s universe (my poor heart can only handle so much angst, I’m afraid)

30. Viv says:

1. Grimm promos were always awful. I remember this loooonnng 8 minute trailer for the pilot where they gave EVERY plot point away.
    5. I hope they don´t go there. Can´t characters on TV shows never just be friends? And that is certainly a thing they both need just now.
    11. And isn´t this whole “The Other Side is falling apart?” thing so much better in TO? They summed it up in one sentence! I´m not a big fan of this season TVD but I´m a total fan of spin-off continuity!
    14. Just heartbreaking :(

31. C. says:

14- This was so heartbreaking.

32. Dominique says:

6. I’m still not interested in Astrid/John, because I feel like Astrid resents Stephen for being “something” John is/was as well, only she likes it with him. I also, for the firs time, think John is jerk for falling straight into Astrid’s arms, and didn’t even try to hide it for Cara.
    12. No because the reason Supernatural is a succes is because of family in general. Dean, Sam, Bobby, Cas, Kevin. Not just the brothers.

33. Luis says:

5. I’m amazed Liz and Ressler didn’t go there right there and then

34. Ann says:

#6 – Right now John and Astrid are just cute together. I think it would be ickier if John had made out with Astrid who is underaged, as far we know. She’ll be entering college soon so she is probably legal, whereas when Steven and Cara got together…he was definitely underaged, making Cara a pedophile (according to the law). The age difference between the characters probably isn’t more than 5-8 years, which isn’t too bad of a difference…the writers just need to stop making these underaged kids do illegal things. How in the world is Astrid and Steven able to get alcohol so easily, don’t these bars check their IDs?

• Anna says:

Pedophilia? Really? Do we even know the legal meaning of the word? Besides, Astrid must be 17-18. If we were to get on our high horses about what’s happening, it’d be statutory rape… of Astrid’s lips,

35. D. Nolan says:

More Qs #23 – Why did Fox have to cancel Almost Human? It was a fun show. How could they terminate Karl Urban & Michael Ealy? Now we’ll never know what’s over the wall.

• Ange says:

I agree. I’m over the shows getting cancelled with no closure. Makes you not want to watch a show until the second season.

• Lu says:

yeah, I almost think that it should be a given to do a 2 hour (or 1) wrap up on any cancelled shows before the sets come down–for the ones that stuck with the show even with dwindling ratings–an act of good will/ a thank you if you will.
        And sometimes shows don’t make it because of timing– with the age of instant video–now that you can potato chip your way through an entire series.– eventually an audience may make it to the good ones & it would be helpful to give a proper ending…like (giant) movie style–
        though I know that is not the reality (yet?)– just wishful thinking from the viewer side of things.

36. PPPG says:

IMHO:
    #1 – Maybe/Maybe not. A parent in a similar situation is going to be justifiably, in panic mode and assume the worst. Not always picking up every ounce of info not directly said to her (or his) face. & I had he pegged as a Grimm from the start I was under this mistaken impression that into every generation ONE was born …. (@$%^&* you, Buffy!)
    #5 – That was a blatantly obvious hook up, or they MEANT t to be obvious yet have a different outcome in mind.
    #8 – not sure. I’m just waiting for them to find out he’s alive and in hiding
    #12 – To Me, yes. I hated the episode. It felt like, to me, Sam & Dean ere guest stars in their own show.
    #14 – no …. I was already dead. ☺
    #16 – Yeah, but I still hate arcs & #$%^& cliffhangers. Season long, fine, but series long …. yuck I’m a heavy reader and I feel like I need to take notes in 90% of shows.
    #21 – yes & no. Does anyone else want to get a Deathstar Cake?

37. sarah says:

5)Very soon! I am all for it!
    11) Loved it! I actually smiled when Klaus was telling Elijah about the other side and that he talked to a certain former witch in Mystic Falls
    14)YES!
    15)Typical Luke thing to think and say
    16)Laurel was at working when she went to find Oliver, and she did not have time to change before she went to assist the team.
    17)Rayna does not want her fathers money

38. ME says:

#2 – LOL, yes
    #5 – Saw this coming from a mile away on Blacklist. They will go there and separate them and then go there again.
    #18 – more respect for keeping it real on idol.
    #19 – Can’t blame Christina at all. Very happy with the way the exit is going. True to Christina’s character.
    #22 – Amy is beautiful but Natalie Morales and Tamron Hall are pretty comparable!

39. John NYC says:

21 | That’s not her “doesn’t get it” face, that’s her “couldn’t care less” face.

40. Michael says:

#23. Can we give Penny an attitude transplant next season The Big Bang Theory? She has been a royal pain in the arse this year.

41. pep says:

I’m both excited for Monday and dreading its arrival as it means a kick ass final episode of the tomorrow people and the series finale of the tomorrow people. It had a bad opening but man did that shiw get good. I don’t mind Astrid and John at all and as someone mentioned that actress has waaay more chemistry with both the male leads than the female lead did. Wish more people tuned in for this show it was pretty damn entertaining!

42. Kim R says:

5. The Blacklist – from the first episode I said to my husband that they were going to end up, at some point, together. I like it. :)
    14. POI – yes. :(
    18. AI – I have more respect for the 2 that voted no. It should never have been put to them at all. Playing head games with teenagers does not seem like family entertainment to me. It was bully behaviour, forcing them and in doing so creating unnecessary drama. Badly done.
    22. Amy is beautiful. I agree. :)

43. Melody Paris says:

#12 – Of course! That, and backdoor pilots always suck.

44. Drew says:

12 – I disagree with the idea that Supernatural is only a success because of Jared and Jensen. They are a large part of it, but the writing is strong and the overall production is strong. The team makes that show good and there have been many episodes which featured guest stars taking the lead which prove that a spinoff could work very well if done right. I could list a few ideas right now off the top of my head.
    Bloodlines failed due to incredibly weak writing, a cast that didn’t mesh and weaker production quality than normal. The more I think about the episode the more I am convinced that the producers didn’t want the series picked up because there were some major flaws that any newbie writer would know not to do and others which every class and book on writing a TV series will also tell you not to do. They had a year to prep this episode so I can’t believe that the normally very good writers on Supernatural would mess it up this badly unless it was on purpose.

45. Dav says:

#20 Penny Caaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!!

46. CC says:

#19 In addition to the plane fare, what about that spectacular hotel room with the ginormous bed and the balcony? Cristina stayed a couple of nights, too. That must have cost Burke a pretty penny

47. jenferner8 says:

I loved Vikings finale. If anyone else had to die I wish it had been Siggy and/or that horrid babymaking diva Ragnar is currently shacked up with. Didn’t know it was called Penny Can, I thought it was a Vikings version of quarter bounce. But then I’m so busy staring at Athelstan most of the time they could have been hopscotching and I wouldn’t have minded. Anyone else notice the hangovers Athelstan and Ragnar were nursing at breakfast?

48. Angela says:

#3: Yeah, there wasn’t a lot of big fanfare with it…but I kinda liked it that way. Just got in and started the show without making a big thing of it. Plus, it was the first episode, so I figure if there will be any major flourishes, they’ll add them in as they go.
    #9: It was a very awkward scene, yes.
    #18: I totally understand them voting as they did. Even if they all get on well, they’re still in a competition. They want to win. So it makes sense they’ll vote as they do (that, and I also figure they both wanted to a) move on with this competition instead of doing more ridiculous “save everyone ’till another week!” thing, and b) figured if they were going to do this really stupid idea, they might as well actually do something with it).
    Having said that, though, I think it was a very dumb setup. Just go with what the voters picked, “Idol”, for god’s sake. Let people just freaking go already if it’s their time to leave, and quit with these inane “drawing things out” scenarios.

49. Melody Paris says:

#1 The CW screwed up with that this week as well, showing and telling us in the preview who was going to die in the next episode. Way to take the fun out of it. Do you steal candy from kids as well?

50. LaPiquante says:

Re: The Tomorrow People, Astrid is the very definition of a Rebound Girl. John was Not kissing her back, and he seems to just be going along with it because she’s hot and he feels helpless as a human. I don’t give the relationship very long. Like, an episode or two, max, before he remembers he’s awesome and not interested.