Ratings: The Following Finale, DWTS, Castle, Friends and Molly Rise, The Blacklist Dips

Ratings The Following Season 2 FinaleLeading out of a Bones rerun, The Following‘s Season 2 finale — which TVLine readers gave an average grade of “B” — on Monday night saw gains of 9 percent in total audience (drawing 4.8 million viewers) and a tenth in the demo (with a 1.5 rating, per finals).

RELATED | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

Fox notes this is the seventh consecutive week the already-renewed serial killer drama has gone up or held steady in the demo.

RELATED | Kim Roots’ The Following Season 2 Finale Recap: Chapter Closed?

Elsewhere….

NBC | The Voice (11.4 mil/3.0) added a few eyeballs but was flat in the demo, while The Blacklist (10.9 mil/2.7) ticked down in both measures.

RELATED | The Voice Top 10 Performance Recap: Murder by (Adam’s Phone) Numbers

ABC | Dancing With the Stars (15.9 mil/2.6) is up 13 percent and four tenths, while Castle (10.4 mil/2.0) hit a five-month audience high and a demo uptick of two tenths.

RELATED | Read Our Recaps for Castle and Dancing With the Stars

CBS | 2 Broke Girls (7.8 mil/2.3) inched up two tenths, Friends With Better Lives (6.2 mil/1.9) rose 15 percent and two tenths, and Mike & Molly (7.6 mil/2.2) packed on three tenths.

THE CW | Star-Crossed (830K/0.3) was flat, Tomorrow People (930K/0.4) rose a tenth.

1. Ari says:

I know I’m one of the very few that actually watches The Tomorrow People and I was really hoping they’d start ticking up as the season finale approached. Of the shows I watch on the CW ( which total more than I’m willing to admit) it’s really one of the best ones.

• jerrired says:

Same. I’ve been watching The Vampire Diaries since it began, and used to love it. But this season, The Tomorrow People is way better than it. So i expect it to be canceled but I’m going to be really sad to see it go. Besides the plot holes, I really liked it and think it would just have gotten better season 2.

• Daniel Armour says:

I also watch The Tomorrow People and I’m also disappointed it isn’t doing better. It, Reign and ANTM are about the only shows on CW that I do watch at this point. It would be a shame if TTP was canceled. Unfortunately, much the The Secret Circle, however, it probably won’t make it.

• HBH says:

it’s still doing better than star-crossed, which i also watch. i prefer TTP so im still hoping it gets renewed

• James D says:

I love TTP. I agree of the CW shows i watch its one of the best, if CW has to pick between that and the 100 I’m hoping for TTP its a better show IMO.

• MandaJ says:

I love The Tomorrow People. It gets better each week. I really hope the CW gives it a sophomore run.

2. lupe says:

I’m happy for Castle. I liked this episode and I liked when Castle said “Ready to go home” he usually says “my place” He doesn’t say “home” very often :)

3. crog says:

The friends with better lives demo is supposed to be 1.9 according to tvbythenumbers. A 1.0 would have been terrible

4. Adriana says:

I so glad FWBL is doing well, I really like it, although I didn’t think I would.

5. Ethel says:

Enjoyed watching Linus Roache on Blacklist although with all the extra hair, I had a difficult time recognizing him at first. I am sure he enjoyed not having to “Americanize” his voice. Does anyone play creepy better than James Spader and look so happy doing it?

6. sarah says:

Blacklist was so good! I wonder why it dipped.
    So is the CW going to cancel Tomorrow People and Star Crossed. Secret Circle had better numbers and Ringer had similar numbers and the CW did not hesitate to cancel those shows!

• ... says:

Tomorrow People will be cancelled because of how much audience it’s lost this season – it’s pretty steadily dropped since it’s premiere, even when it was behind Arrow. So, a similar situation to The Secret Circle, which lost 2/3 of its audience behind Vampire Diaries. Star-Crossed only gets renewed, IMO, if the network’s CBS-produced pilots aren’t great and BATB doesn’t get resurrected.

7. tv2day says:

Castle could be the only show that has been on forever n I don’t know one person who watches it. I have not seen 1 minute of it. 2moro people is okay. They need to expand beyond the underground bunker. Its hard to believe they cannot be found there.

8. tv2day says:

Shows popular with males like blacklist will be watched on dvr. I have not seen it yet. NBA playoffs r off the hook this year!!!

9. justin v says:

The Following is the best show ever…its awsome..

10. Ava says:

Loved The Following and Blacklist. James Spader is sheer perfection as Red Reddington! Glad both shows are renewed.

11. jenna says:

So almost human rates higher than the following yet is on the bubble?? :(

12. rockie says:

I myself am getting tired of vampire diaries it lost its interest to even hold mine I have to admit some episodes are better than others. Some happen to be very boring and I have watched tvd since it started what the cw should do is bring back the secret circle I was bummed when they cancelled it. On another note all the stupid reality tv shows need to be exed they are so rediculous put them on a network tv channel especially for them. Modern family needs to go or find another person to play sophia vergaras role that woman is nerve wracking dracula should not get the axe its a wonderful show and so is betrayal that’s an awsome one. But once upon a time needs to be cancelled same with revenge the story line is just boring dwts omg! Irritating same with the bachlorette and the bachelor. Almost human needs to get come back. Alot of these shows have been going on for to long. How long does it take to get revenge?? It should be over. Just saying it would give room to bring other shows to the networks more interesting shows worth watching.

13. Apples says:

Happy for Castle, especially with a funny, sexy ep like they had (yer wrong Matt). Looking forward to a rollercoaster two weeks.

14. herman1959 says:

Blacklist dipped because (a couple of weeks ago) it set viewers up for a reveal about Tom/Berlin/etc. and it did not deliver. I know I was disappointed then and further so about this week’s episode. Now the network needs to promoter the heck out of the remaining 2 episodes (like for Scandal OMG) if they want the numbers to come back.

15. Thiss is a good tip particularly to tgose new to the blogosphere.
    Brief but very precise info… Thajk yyou for sharing thiis
    one. A must read post!