Ratings: ACM Awards Drop From 2013, Once and Family Guy Rise, Resurrection Slips Vs. Thrones

49TH ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDSCBS’ broadcast of the Academy of Country Music Awards on Sunday night drew 14.1 million total viewers and a 3.3 demo rating, down 8 and 23 percent from last year’s decade-plus highs and more on par with 2012 (which did 13 mil/3.1).

RELATED | Keep or Cut? Vote on the Fate of Resurrection, The Mentalist and 26 Other ‘Bubble’ Shows

Elsewhere….

ABC | Once Upon a Time (6.7 mil/2.2) added a few eyeballs and a tenth in the demo. Up against the Game of Thrones opener, Resurrection (7.6 mil/2.1) slipped another 10 and 12 percent, and is now down 40 percent from its launch. Revenge (4.9 mil/1.3) dipped 8 percent and a tenth.

RELATED | Read Our Recaps for Once Upon a Time and Revenge

NBC | Dream Builders (2.9 mil/0.6) slipped two tenths, while both Believe (4.1 mil/1.0) and Crisis (4.4 mil/1.0) ticked down one tenth.

FOX | Family Guy (4.7 mil/2.3) rose 12 percent and two tenths, The Simpsons (4.7 mil/1.9) and Cosmos (4 mil/1.5) each added some viewers while steady in the demo, Bob’s Burgers (2.3 mil/0.9) dipped a tenth and American Dad (2.7 mil/1.2) fell two tenths.

Cable ratings (for Game of Thrones, Veep and Turn premieres, Shameless finale, e.g.) as always and forever will meander in later, to most likely be reported under separate cover.

1. wrstlgirl says:

I’m not watching GoT until they repeat it this summer, but that aside, while I still really like Resurrection honestly I’m enjoying Believe more. Just my two cents on that :-) Revenge is so boring it’s hard for me to stay focused. I’ve lost interest in Emily’s ongoing vendetta against the Grayson’s with no end in sight.

2. AB says:

Revenge is really dull right now. Ever since it came back from hiatus it’s been boring episode after boring episode.

Resurrection dropping every week doesn’t look good.

NBC’s lineup is dead.

3. Leo says:

Resurrection got lucky with the premiere but their following episodes are kinda boring.
    I mean, I love the show, it’s got The Killing Season 2 vibe (watching the paint dry). But at this rate, this is going straight to cancellation.
    Shame, the plot’s great. The pacing though needs some works.

4. Eric says:

I’m really liking both Resurrection and Believe so it’s sad to see that the latter of the two might not make it to a second season.

5. jasie says:

I’m really digging Resurrection and Crisis. I think Crisis should have been partnered with the Blacklist vs Sunday with Believe.

6. Midori4 says:

Resurrection is awesome. It’s slow but so good. I know it will never get answers but it’s so loving I dont care.

7. Bri says:

OMG the fox animation block gets mote views than all their dramas and comdies sheesh didnt new girl have a 4 rating anf now it is at 1.2 levels woaH!! what happened the foxs demos.

8. shuayb says:

Good Lord. Sunil Nayyar better prep the season finale for series finale.
    Maybe he is. With Aiden back in the fold, the Trio of Revengers are set to carry out their plan. I feel that Jack is gonna be the one to die.
    Charlotte can die too. she’s a plot point now..

9. Marla says:

Too bad about Resurrection. The first show had such promise. I think it would have been better had they not made it a continuous soap like drama. Perhaps individual shows that were unrelated might have fared better. Once they start getting into murder and mayhem it probably was no different than any other night time soap. If that’s one’s cup of tea, that’s fine but for myself, I would have preferred unrelated stories which resolved themselves at the end of the show.

10. What’s the difference between the CMAs and the Academy of Country Music Awards? Are they the same thing? I hope they’re the same thing. I feel like there’s enough single genre awards that another one would be like making a Caucasian Country Music Awards. Redundant.

• Jo says:

When they were first created the ACMs and CMAs would have different winners. The ACMs were geared more towards the Bakersfield country sound while CMAs were the Nashville sound. The CMAs came first and are more prestigious. Plus there isn’t any fan-voting with the CMAs. However they’re both controlled by behind the scene Nashville politics and have the same winners. That’s the only reason to explain Blake Shelton’s far inferior album winning last fall’s CMA against four massively stronger albums.

• Eric7740 says:

The CMA’s are the Country Music Association awards and the ACM’s are the Academy of Country Music awards. With the CMA’s being more prestigious

11. Sarah says:

Believe’s numbers are crappy.

Pity. I really like it.

12. Riana says:

I don’t think you can blame a pay channel for Resurrection falling. It’s not AMC, only around 25 million Americans have HBO.

13. Francine says:

I gave up on Believe, but Im still really enjoying Resurrection. It is a slow burn but I enjoy the cast.

14. TV Gord says:

I’m sorry that more people aren’t giving Crisis a shot, but I expected as much. Sundays are so cluttered with good shows, it’s impossible to launch a new show on a broadcast network.

15. CountryQueen says:

Too many good shows at 8pm. I, literally, want to watch everything! UGH! I like Crisis, but watch in on Demand. At least Game of Thrones can be watched later in the evening.

I suffered through the ACM’s (it’s my job to watch these things), but I was just dying to watch Game of Thrones. (which I did, promptly at 10p – CDT). I know I would have enjoyed the ACM’s more if they would have been on a different night. lol

16. Ryan says:

How’d Turn do? I recorded it, but I don’t want to watch it if the ratings aren’t good enough to give it a chance at sticking around.

17. Stormie says:

Ive been waiting to hear how Turn did also. The ratings are still not out yet. Its a interesting show so I hope it does well. Family Guy was disgusting and funny last night glad to see their numbers went up.