Ratings: NCIS Spin-Off Set-Up and Brooklyn Nine- Nine Finale Tick Up, POI Pops, Glee Steady

Ratings Brooklyn Nine-Nine FinaleThe first leg of NCIS‘ trip to New Orleans — which TVLine readers gave an average grade of “B” — drew 17.3 million passengers and a 2.5 rating (per finals), adding a few eyeballs week-to-week and inching up a tenth in the demo.

RELATED | Pilot Poll: Does NCIS: New Orleans Have You Jazzed?

NCIS: LA in turn did 15.5 mil and a 2.4, up 9 percent and a tenth. Person of Interest then closed the Eye’s night with 12.3 mil/2.0, popping 12 and 18 percent to score its best numbers since Feb. 4.

RELATED | Keep or Cut? Vote on the Fate of S.H.I.E.L.D., About a Boy and 26 Other ‘Bubble’ Shows

Elsewhere….

FOX | Glee (2.7 mil/1.1) was flat, New Girl (2.5 mil/1.2) inched down a tenth and the Brooklyn Nine-Nine season finale (2.6 mil/1.3) was up two tenths.

RELATED | Glee Recap: To Schue, With Love
RELATED | New Girl Recaplet: What’d You Think of the Big [Spoiler]?

NBC | The Voice (12.3 mil/3.4) dipped two tenths week-to-week, while About a Boy (7.8 mil/2.0) and Growing Up Fisher (6.4 mil/1.7) each dropped a few eyeballs and slipped a tenth.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s The Voice Recap: Sturm Und Drag

THE CW | Leading out an encore of The 100‘s premiere (1.6 mil/0.5), Supernatural (2.25 mil/1.0) rose 18 percent in audience and a tenth in the demo.

ABC | Mind Games (2.1 mil/0.6) was flat.

1. Adam says:

Brooklyn beat New Girl? Awesome!

2. Fernando says:

I don’t watch about a boy or growing up fisher but they better be renew for a NBC comedy they have been able to stay high most NBC comedy’s make 3 million, both of these shows add 3 to 4 more millions then the other comdies. They might be the saving grace NBC needed from comdies

• Bryce says:

I know! It’s been very weird. I expected them to fall faster. I have a suspicion that if they get second seasons they’ll fall closer to that 3 million NBC nesting mark.

• Eric7740 says:

These 2 comedies are bringing in those numbers because they are right after The Voice, take away the voice as their lead-in and they’ll average the same numbers as the other comedies on NBC. Sad, but true.

• Dani says:

NBC just needs to give up airing their comedy shows on Thursday night and I believe that the others would do better too. However airing them after THE VOICE helps of course. Anyway, ABOUT A BOY is a great show and I’m very happy that it’s NBC’s highest-rated comedy.

3. An Irrelevant says:

Yeah, Person of Interest! Woohoo!!

4. Leigh says:

B99 was hilarious last night. I know it had an early season finale but didn’t remember until the end scene. Looking forward to seeing it again in September.

5. John NYC says:

B99 for me was the surprise happy-find of the season. I went in dubious (ANOTHER NYC cop show?) and was delighted. Funny, funny bits and a great cast down to a lot of the secondary actors (those two tired older cops are often hysterical), the captain sells it.

Looking forward to next years batch.

• herman1959 says:

I agree about the cast being great down to the second leads, it reminds me of The Mary Tyler Moore Show in that way. I didn’t realize it was the season finale either; I’ll miss it.

6. Jess says:

So demos in the 1’s are the new normal on Fox now?…I guess we are going to have rethink how we judge a shows success rating on Fox now? Mmm..

• Name This Tune says:

This is what the CEO of Fox was alluding to in February. Lower numbers, lower profits along with higher costs to produce a show.
      They have 3 shows that they have built their schedule around -American Idol, The Simpsons, and Family Guy. Those 3 shows are hanging in there at around 2.0 or less. The most successful of the 3 is losing ground every week.

7. Aimee says:

Go POI!!!

8. Mark says:

Fox is the new cw with its ratings — and on these figures just think of the shows they have canned in the last three seasons with better figures what idiots

9. Boiler says:

I guess we see why a NCIS New Orleans being looked at. Don’t we have enough of these shows. Watch the Fox comedies. They actually are very good.

• Tenney says:

I agree, do we really need another NCIS? It’s the same show, just different people. Fox comedies like Brooklyn 99 and the Mindy Project are very funny and not the same old thing.

• John NYC says:

But in TOTAL they all don’t add up to the eyes the NCIS shows deliver. The determination (and measure) of a show’s “worth” is what it is literally worth: to the people paying for the advertising space and they pay for viewers.

• i liked the ncis episode but i believe if they puT another one on tuesday nights their ratings are going to dip down but i really liked the characters depth and could watch another on if they put it on a different day.

ncis the spin off from jag is already one season passed jag at season 11 and is renewed again i really like both ncis and ncis la usually some episodes are better than others but your never going to have episodes that are going to be liked 100 percent of the time

• ChicagoDan says:

True, but even they are losing the battle to the other competing comedies on NBC/ABC. And, yeah, not really feeling like another NCIS spin-off, esp one led by another a 60-year old white male. I would love to have seen it headed up by an AA male – it is NO, for goodness sake. There are plenty of excellent diverse actors out there. Barring that, I’d rather have the CSI potential spin-off make it before this. At least, it’s headed by a skilled actress. CBS needs more than TGW on that front.

• John NYC says:

Hey don’t look at me: my first choice for “Pride” was Salli Richardson-Whitfield. Heck if they wanted to bother they could have even folded in her previous NCIS character I bet. Though that didn’t bother TPTB with JAG and Catherine Bell.

• Greg says:

Couldn’t agree less. Even though I don’t really care that much for Scott Bakula, the NCIS shows are still leaps and bounds above the sophomoric humor(less) shows on NBC, ABC and, especially FOX!
          “The Mindy Project?” “Brooklyn 99?” REALLY? Mindless drivel for the eighteen to twenty five year old mindset. Regardless of any awards they might have taken home. PR goes a long, long way to herd that group around like sheeple.

10. Jane says:

Supernatural has really done well this this year. Amazing after 9 years.

11. Eric says:

With the numbers the Fox comedies are pulling on a Tuesday, Enlisted suddenly isn’t doing so bad for a Friday night.

12. Coal says:

I’ve been a fan of NCIS from day 1, I never really took to the back door pilot of NCIS LA the same way I haven’t taken to the on of NCIS NO, but LA has more than decent following so I guess NO will too. I just wonder if its ordered to series which day will it get ? To think I was worried about Person of Interest when it was moved to Tuesdays, it has to be my favourite show on network Tv right now.

13. HAP says:

POI was excellent last night!

14. DavidSask says:

How can GLEE afford to stay around for another year, are music sales still high for it?

• Name This Tune says:

It’s probably still a little bit profitable. If you look at similar shows in the Fox family, it probably still can charge 150,000 dollars for a 30 second spot. Times 40 (average number of commercials in an hour). A generous estimate is 78 million dollars of revenue for 13 episodes

We don’t know what it costs to produce it. But what else does Fox have? .

• Greg says:

When GLEE does get “gleaned,” it will take FOX one more notch closer to being the “CW’s” twin step-cousin.

15. Robin says:

Love POI even without Carter, although I was really mad at first. NCIS-LA has a different feel. I like it. Glee 100? Bleh! Except for Don’t stop and Puck and Quinn. You’d think there would be more diversity in NO law enforcement even though I love Scott Bakula. Not sure about the accent though.

• Faye says:

POI has lost it luster for me. The crazy on is just that and Shah just doesn’t fit. I have spent a lot of time in New Orleans and the accents just do not work.

16. Faye says:

So glad the How I met your Mother is gone what took it so long. Body of Proof and other quality shows died for the stupid ones…… Now if we can simply kill all the other goofy comedies and all those mindless reality shows maybe America’s i.q. would rise again.