Ratings: The Good Wife Ticks Up; Once, Resurrection, Cosmos, Believe and Crisis Drop

Ratings Believe NBCLeading out of a soft start for something called American Dream Builders — which with 3.6 million total viewers and a 0.9 demo rating (per finals) barely improved on Voice reruns — NBC’s Believe this Sunday did 5.1 mil and a 1.2, down some 20 percent week-to-week and now off a good 50 percent from its series launch. Crisis then pulled 5 mil and a 1.3, down 20 percent from its week-ago premiere.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Elsewhere….

CBS | The Amazing Race (8.7 mil/1.8) was steady week-to-week, The Good Wife (9.1 mil/1.4) — on which, if you by chance didn’t hear, Kalinda said she might leave LG!!! — ticked up a tenth and The Mentalist‘s send-off for Rigsby/Van Pelt (8 mil/1.3) was flat.

RELATED | Exclusive: The Good Wife Creators Talk Sunday’s Devastating Twist, Preview What’s Next

ABC | Once Upon a Time (6.6 mil/2.1) fell 12 percent, Resurrection (9.2 mil/2.5) dropped 19 percent (and is now down 34 percent from its debut) and Revenge (5.7 mil/1.5) was flat.

RELATED | Read Our Recaps for Once Upon a Time and Revenge

FOX | Bob’s Burgers (2.5 mil/1.1) and The Simpsons (3.9 mil/1.9) were steady, while American Dad (2.7 mil/1.3) and Family Guy (4.3 mil/2.2) each dipped a tenth. Cosmos in Week 3 did 4.2 mil and a 1.7, down 15 percent.

1. Patti says:

I adore Believe. It was so good this week. Too bad me not having a Nielsen box and not being able to watch it live does nothing for ratings.

• T K says:

I agree about Believe. I am loving this show so far and really hope it sticks around. It is pretty unique compared to most other shows. All we can do is keep telling other people to check it out.

• Patti says:

Sunday’s such a hard night with so many shows on. I always make sure I DVR believe it is so good. and not at all cheesy or corny. love the action, the suspense and the actors. such a compelling story.

• bk says:

Game of Thrones a much better show will beat it in the ratings. The young males this show wants to go after are watching The Walking Dead and later Game of Thrones. I saw the first episode of this and can’t believe anyone would choose this over even The Good Wife there’s so many good things this hour not Touch 2.0.

• wrstlgirl says:

This show is much, MUCH better than Touch ever was. I wasn’t all that taken by the pilot but you can’t judge a show on just one episode. It’s gotten better as the mystery unfolds. If you choose not to like it that’s cool but don’t judge others because they do. It doesn’t make then wrong, just different.

• T K says:

I can’t believe people waste their time coming on to sites like this just to put down people who might likes shows they don’t. Grow up. Believe is a very different type of show than Game of Thrones and might not be to your liking, but I happen to love it so far. I really hope more people check it out so it lasts beyond just one season.

• bk says:

Jesus people on this board will like anything!

• Leah says:

Jesus, what does it matter? It isn’t taking away from your enjoyment (or ratings, clearly) of TWD or GoT. You act like people liking it is the sign of the apocalypse.

• Kelly says:

Believe is really good. It is my favorite show on the air. I don’t listen to ratings or the demos.

• Linda says:

Im enjoying Believe but am I the only one who thought it strangely like ‘Touch’ with Keifer Sutherland after last nights show? I loved that show too. Didn’t understand why it was cancelled.

2. abz says:

Can they just put all sports on one or two sports-themed channels? So sick of sports delaying shows we wait an entire week to watch. I mean seriously almost every week The Good Wife is delayed They seriously need to move it to a new night. It’s CBS’s best quality show and it’s treating it like crap.

• ChicagoDan says:

Considering NCAA got a preliminary 3.9 during the 7 -730 p.m. portion (easily the highest network rating of the night), it’s a definite winner for CBS.The real problem is that 60M wastes these incredible lead-ins from NFL/BB/Golf because its skews so old. CBS would be better off airing TAR/TGW/(drama)/60M at 10 if they really want to hold that audience. Sorry, but there is no sacred about 60M that it should be allowed to bleed those amazing demos.

3. abz says:

Also, even though OUAT wasn’t as great last night, I hope the ratings get better.

4. wrstlgirl says:

Such a fantastic episode of Believe last night. It’s getting better and better each week. Folks should really be watching.

5. DJ says:

I’m hooked on Resurrection and Crisis

6. DJ says:

Most people DVR stuff..so who really knows the correct stats at this point

• Kelly says:

I do wonder what dvr, video on demand, renting on amazon or iTunes or watching via other options later in the week ratings are for everything

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Well, there’s “correct” and there’s “what advertisers care about.”

7. castlelover says:

“The Good Wife (8.9 mil/1.5) — on which, if you by chance didn’t hear, Kalinda said she might leave LG!!!”

LOL!!

8. Boiler says:

How do you make sense of this with basketball running 45 minutes late on CBS? Would think it would change viewing habits. No reason to cry/boast over one week.

9. robinepowell says:

I watched The Mentalist on CTV (Canadian network) because The Good Wife was on in its place. Now I know why, basketball. Aren’t we done with the sports for the season?

I guess on Once, no one likes the Wicked Witch storyline too much. I’m not liking it all that much myself.

• Robin says:

I’m trying not to give up and I know the episodes have to make sense, they can’t just rush to the why of it, but sometimes with Once I say”get there already!” I don’t think we needed so much Rapunzel to get the point that WW now has some control over David’s emotional state. Yea! Rumple! Something crazy this way comes!

10. Missy Kelly says:

I love Believe and want to watch it – I did not set up a series record after the first episode because of Good Wife & Resurrection and missed the second episode was not available on demand. Now the 2nd on is On Demand but have to wait a week for Ep 3 – will always be an ep behind at this rate but am setting it up on a second DVR for insurance.

11. Ava says:

I loved his Revenge last night.

• wrstlgirl says:

I was truly bored :-( I think I’m just getting tired of Emily’s vendetta against the Grayson’s that will never end. I know it’s the purpose of the show but honestly can’t they do something to end this and then begin something new for them to deal with. How much longer can this go on??

• Lena says:

I agree. Also, as someone pointed out on another site, Emily isn’t really accomplishing that much anymore. Tons of people in her life have suffered because of her vendetta, but the three Grayson members she is targetting are still walking around with no real consequences. I loved Season 1 because it felt like Emily was getting things done. Now, it seems like she is unable to complete her mission and there is a lot of back and forth with no results.

12. Jon says:

I’ve decided to stop watching Resurrection. First episode was great. 2nd and 3rd – nothing happens until the last 10 minutes. I don’t want to stick around to see if the 4th is the same.

13. Mike Q. says:

Stick a fork in “The Mentalist.”

14. Lysh says:

Sports ruin everything.

15. Alexandre Leal says:

Hey, Matt!
    I really don’t think is nice handing over spoliers without any warning like this.
    I adore The Good Wife, but couldn’t catch last night’s episode live, I’ll watch it later today.
    Despite that, I like to see how my fave shows are doing, ratings-wise.
    Opening this ratings article does not mean I don’t mind the episode getting spoiled. You could give a little warning at least.
    Thank you.

• xx says:

He said that because it’s not the big spoiler- you really should stay off this website until you’ve seen last night’s episode, because the rest of TVLine is absolutely crawling with spoilers for it.

16. Diane says:

I thought Believe’s second episode was better than the pilot. Just too many shows on. My dvr is filled and I have to record some shows on their repeat airings or watch on demand.

• wrstlgirl says:

I do that too. On Mondays I record Bates Motel in the middle of the night and then Dallas when it repeats on Saturday morning.