Grey's Anatomy Post Mortem: April and [Spoiler]'s Shocking Decision Has Made Them 'Villains Now'

Greys Anatomy April and Jackson Get MarriedIf you have yet to watch Thursday’s midseason premiere of Grey’s Anatomy, hit the nearest exit. Everyone else, read on…

Well, that wasn’t the aftermath I was expecting.

Grey’s Anatomy returned from its 10-week hiatus with an episode that picked up mere moments after Jackson boldly stood up in the middle of April and Matthew’s wedding ceremony and proclaimed his love and devotion to the bride-to-be. But in a twist no one saw coming (and if they tell you they did, they’re lying), the action resumed outside the barn, and only featured two characters — Jackson and runaway bride April. After some initial hemming and hawing, the pair gleefully fled the scene of the crime and eloped!

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Contract Scoop: Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey Sign New 2-Year Deals

Below, the woman at the center of the matrimonial kerfuffle, April’s portrayer Sarah Drew, expresses her own shock and awe about the surprising turn of events, admits to being bummed that Jackson and April’s wedding took place off screen, reveals the whereabouts of jilted groom Matthew, and previews the immense obstacles that await the newlyweds (hint: their honeymoon period will be short-lived).

TVLINE | I have to say, I thought I was watching a dream sequence when Jackson and April ran out of that barn alone. Were you taken aback by that yourself?
I knew it was coming from the beginning of this season, so it wasn’t a shock to me. I was like, “Oh, so we’re not going to actually see anything happen [inside] the barn? We’re not going to see that conversation [between April and Matthew] happen? It’s just the barn doors open and there you go?'” [Laughs]

TVLINE | Right?
They’re like, ‘Yes! Let’s go!’ But at the same time, I totally love that she runs off with him because I think he is her best friend and I think he’s going to challenge her in ways that Matthew couldn’t and wouldn’t have been able to. I love April and Jackson together, so it’s a mixed bag. Greys Anatomy April and Jackson Get MarriedThey’ve also just destroyed some people’s lives and that’s pretty sad. And what we begin to see with Jackson and April as the season progresses is that there are things they just have not thought about that start to come up.

TVLINE | My theory for why they didn’t show us what happened in that barn is it was just too damn ugly for broadcast television audiences.
[Laughs] I would totally agree with that! I think it would be so painful; you couldn’t actually enjoy April and Jackson being together. It’d just be too much.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Scoop: Jessica Capshaw Previews Arizona’s ‘Worst Day Ever’

TVLINE | What do you think transpired inside that barn?
I’ve gone through different versions in my head…. I think in that moment of ecstasy, they’re both just shoving away the hurt that they’re causing and the pain they’re leaving behind, like, “I can’t think about that right now because I need to embrace this decision I’m making and I need to go forward with this decision that I’m making.”

TVLINE | Do we get a moment of closure between April and Matthew moving forward?
No. Not as of yet. Matthew is [probably] so unbelievably humiliated by the whole thing that he doesn’t ever want to talk to or see her — or anybody at the hospital — ever again. What we do get to see is April and Jackson dealing with the wreckage of what they left behind, and that’s why [their relationship and subsequent marriage] has been a secret; they don’t want to have to deal with everything. They want to have a moment to themselves.

TVLINE | And adding insult to the injured parties, they went and eloped!
I know. That’s the thing that’s so messed up! I mean, it makes great television, but it’s so hard because you want the people that you’re rooting for to just have this beautiful, happy experience. But, the fact of the matter is, [Jackson and April] also just became villains. They have created such a horrible, horrifying situation for two people who, up until that second, thought that they were in love with them. It’s just awful.

TVLINE | Awful human beings.
[Laughs] Yes!

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Exclusive: Greek Alum Joins Season 10 in Potentially Recurring Role

TVLINE | I imagine Jackson-April fans are going to be bummed they didn’t get to see an actual wedding. Were you disappointed about that?
Yes. And I actually do think that Jackson and April fans will be sad that they won’t get to see more of the honeymoon moments, and see them actually get married and see them actually have that epically romantic thing. But there’s a lot of other really cool stuff that’s coming up for April and Jackson this season that the fans are going to get excited about.

Greys Anatomy April and Jackson Get MarriedTVLINE | Like what?
A lot of it is drama. They have to decide to reveal that they’re married. And as they are moving forward in this totally fast marriage thing, they realize there are things about each other that they never knew. There are some pretty big issues that they never talked about. For instance, how are their potential children going to be raised? These are things that most [married couples] have already talked about. They’re best friends, but they’ve never actually dated. They had a sexual relationship that lasted a little bit of time, but they weren’t even really dating! [Laughs] Things are going to come up that are going to point out some pretty fundamental differences between the two of them.

TVLINE | I have a sinking feeling that poor Stephanie is going to be the first one to find out that they’re married.
[Nervous laughter] I can’t say!

What did you think of the episode? Are you finding it hard to be happy for Jackson and April? Weigh in below (and feel free to discuss the episode’s other big developments, including Callie and Arizona’s new home, the death of Alex’s dad and Derek’s surprising secret).

1. kate says:

why are TV wedding dresses always so hideous?

2. I loved that ending! We get the very rare Happy Ending on a Shonda show.

3. S says:

There was no way in hell that I was expecting this. But now that I’ve seen it, I honestly couldn’t be happier.
    Man it feels good to have Grey’s back.

• Nick says:

I was worried that Shonda was going to have it go the other way and drag it out to create more drama since Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey signed for another two years and they’re obviously going to keep the show going! I want a promise from Shonda that they won’t split up just like she promised with Derek and Meredith!

• Gypsy says:

I don’t think they will split them up, because they are the new Derrick and Meredith.
        I would like to see Meredith and April become the new Christina-Meredith kind of friends that Meredith helps her to deal with being a new bride and the drama that Jackson’s family is going to cause…I think Jackson’s father is going to turn up.
        Of course there would be male bonding between Derrick and Jackson, because April is going to frustrate the hell out of Jackson and his family demands, so Derrick would be his balance.

Miranda Bailey was a better more admired and more functional character when she was single and bossy as in early episodes. – Give us back the old Miranda.
        Why did they turn her into a mussy, crazy, un-smart barely a doctor woman?
        Baily was our and the show’s constant.

These recent episodes for Jackson and April were beautifully written and the plot twists were just great, Sarah Drew/April is a remarkable actress, she has range that most other cast member don’t have, and Jackson is no slouch either, that’s why fans react so well to their coupling, there’s a undeniable real chemistry there that we would love to bottle for our real relationships.

4. JJM says:

This could have been Slexie. #OTP

5. Ashly says:

I was squealing the whole time. This episode was definitely worth the wait.

6. Mick says:

This may have been the best thing to happen to Stephanie’s character. She is more interesting when she is angry. I do feel sorry for Matthew though. YAH! Jackson and April.

7. Mary Kate says:

I loved this episode and was pleasantly surprised about Jackson and April! Well worth the wait!

8. Alichat says:

I had the same feeling about the beginning…..I thought it was some kind of dream sequence. But I loved it. As annoying and neurotic as April can be, I do like her and Jackson together. As for the other stuff, I was surprised they let Ross come back….but then I remembered Izzie. And am I the only one who thinks Leah is the complainant and not Stephanie?

• Diandra says:

Yup, I agree, I think it is Leah

• Brittany says:

I think its her too!!! She’s just trying to cause trouble because she’s bitter about their relationships in general think about the Convo she had with Steph on the stairs:-) does anybody even like her???

• JB says:

When Stephanie said, I should just leave, transfer” I said out loud “Good & take Leah with you” Both of them could disappear & they wouldn’t be missed.

• PLEASE TV gODS KILL Leah, I have NEVER ever been disappointed in Greys casting. But her and the interns are AWFUL. Ross too, just go please. I was hoping it was all a nightmare and hiatus being over, they would have died in a Shonda-like earthquake or some shiiiiz.

• Brittany says:

I agree I like Jo she gets alex and in a way has been through a lot just like him other than her their all just useless they might as well be extras plus the actors are pretty bad and again except the girl that plays Jo

• Karen B says:

I totally agree. I don’t like either charachter. Stephanie and Jackson were nit beleivable as a couple because I knew the entire time thst he was in love with April and she did too, so I hate that she is acting like he did her wrong.

• Sara says:

Yeah, I didn’t understand why Leah was trying to tell Stephanie that Stephanie was the only one who had a viable complaint against the attendants. Leah had a way better case against Arizona than Stephanie had with Jackson. Arizona put Leah on her service when they were sleeping together. Yes, Stephanie worked with Jackson, but didn’t she get put on Meredith’s trial? *shrug* They are all adults and they all should have realized it was a bad idea to sleep with their bosses/teachers.

• Miss Rozie says:

I understood it to be that three complaints were submitted to HR – hence the new rule about no dating – which will be hilarious all on its own – besides being a medical show, all the sex these doctors/subordinates have been having since the first episode of this show is what this show is all about ~ however, maybe I misunderstood when Owen rattled off the complaints ~

• Miss Rozie says:

Didn’t finish my thought, sorry – I understood three complaints were submitted to HR – one for Leah/Arizona, one for Stephanie/Jackson & one for Shane/Owen – not necessarily Cristina – Shane would be lying if he said HE didn’t initiate the sex between him & Cristina first … because yes he did ~

• Alichat says:

Owen said “One of our surgical residents has lodged an official complaint with Human Resources…..three separate complaints actually.” The surgical residents….that we know of….are Leah, Shane, Stephanie, Jo, and Ben. He didn’t say who the complaints were regarding and who the person was that lodged them. But he did say one person lodged them.

• Nick says:

Plus, why don’t Leah/Stephanie look into hospital history? They aren’t the first ones to have to work with exes in the hospital There was Christina and Burke, Dr. Hahn and Callie, Alex and every girl there, Mark and Lexie, Jackson and Lexie, Derek/Meredith/Addison, Addison and Mark, Derek/Meredith/Rose. Just like all those relationships, Arizona and Leah and Jackson and Stephanie were consenting adults, so the idea of sexual harassment is bull! They need to grow up! If Stephanie is the one who filed the complaint, she’ll have no one to blame but herself about how she finds out about April and Jackson! They have to come clean because the only ones exempt from the new hospital policy are married couples! Jackson said it himself…they can’t keep it a secret anymore!

• I totally agree, and have thought that ever since I heard the spoiler that someone was going to lodge a HR complaint. I can just imagine how that will go over, if that is the case, and the details of the complaint ever emerge (and since this is Grey’s Anatomy, if Leah made the complaint, we (and more important, Callie, will know about it soon enough).

• Am I the only one who suspects Shane?

9. JJ says:

I was hoping ‘Japril’ would drive off into the sunset and never return.. sigh.

10. cjeffery7 says:

yeah, they may be a-holes for all the people they’ve affected with their actions, but i can’t help but feel the same love for this couple as i did for lexie and mark. hopefully this one ends more happily than in heaven (where we can’t watch them be adorable together!).

11. Aeol says:

I DO NOT enjoy.

• Nick says:

This is ultimately better for Stephanie since Jackson doesn’t love her like she loves him! April and Matthew have more of a friend relationship.

12. Emily says:

I’m still smiling 15 minutes after finishing the episode. I’ve been rooting for Jackson and April for a long time and this is a better ending to the wedding debacle than I could have hoped for. And April’s dress was gorgeous!

13. TV Gord says:

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens when they get back to the hospital (ie. reality…such as it ever is on a Shonda show).

14. Angldst1527 says:

TOTALLY LOVED IT!!!!! I was sooooo happy, then extremely pissed and then… Even happier then the first time!!!! April & Jaxson are so awesome together. Well worth the 10 week wait… Thank you Shonda :)

15. mooshki says:

I can’t figure out why I keep watching this awful show.

16. Jo says:

Why does no one think that the person who complained could be Shane? He was torn apart by Owen in the OR in a humiliating and demeaning way and then got his face beaten by Alex in the hallway. He would be my first guess as the person who was complaining. Or what about Ben? He looked really upset with how everyone treated him and how they treated each other (other interns, residents, the chief, Owen and Miranda all treated him and others in unprofessional ways throughout the episode) He looked upset and disgusted after the whole Shane and Owen scene in the OR. He was there during most of the unprofessional exchanges throughout the show so he could easily have been the one to complain. I’m not saying it wasn’t Stephanie or Leah but I just wanted to point out that there are other people who had just as much reason to complain. I think Jackson and April are just feeling so guilty that they automatically assumed the complaint was directed towards them and they are making all of us assume the same thing.

• D says:

What if it was the chief?

• Alichat says:

I can’t see the point in Ben doing this…..he and Miranda are married. Going back and hearing the three complaints, it could be Shane…..because of the ‘hostile work environment’ complaint. Although, he does believe he deserved to get his face beaten in by Karev. Plus, Yang gave him a pep talk…..a good pep talk. Leah seems the most logical choice, although I could see Stephanie doing it. But I hope it’s not Stephanie……I like her character now, and frankly, I would be disappointed if they trashed all the good they’ve done with her character.

17. Diva says:

This show did a total 180 to their characters. Looking at you Bailey and Arizona. I was confused as to why their characters were acting out of character before break and I guess a lot of people were since now after break they’re back to their normal selves. However, now I’m confused about why they’re back to normal. What made them normal again?

• tvadictmom says:

They had a conversation about why Ben left. He told Bailey he really loved the surgical internship and that it was really hard for him to come home, but necessary. That made Bailey understand. Bailey also told him why she was so upset. Her previous marriage had broken up because she was always in surgery. She felt if Ben was a surgeon this marriage had more chance of working. That conversation also led to Ben interning at Seatle

18. nicole says:

OMG I could not be more happy. I wish jackson-april fans could have seen a wedding, but to know they’re married is awesome! I can’t imagine the fall out this will have, but I have been a jackson-april fan from the beginning!!

• Michelle A says:

Exactly. I feel the same way. It’s like when we got the Post-it wedding. Us Merder fans were foaming at the mouth for a wedding, but they did the post-it wedding and we felt slighted. Then we got over it because they were finally together. As much as I would’ve loved to see a ‘Japril’ wedding, I’m already over it knowing that they’re together.

• Nick says:

Yeah…but then Mer/Der did it for real at City Hall! That was the right wedding for them! Derek already did the big wedding thing and Meredith was never into that thing, but I still have a feeling that April and Jackson will have a big wedding eventually! I can’t see Jackson’s mother letting that one go! Even if they don’t, I’m just happy that they’re married!

Agree! Me too!

19. Canuckmom says:

I watched the ending of this episode like 10 times, I was so happy for them. They are perfect for each other like yin and yang (pardon the pun). April and Jackson are the most exciting couple on this show, and as a new Grey’s watcher, I can’t wait to see how their lives unfold.

20. RyanC says:

It might be because my mind-twin is Sherlock, but I actually predicted this. I guessed it’d jump to a week later maybe, and they’ve eloped – similar to Callie and George.

21. Babygate says:

I totally have mixed feelings.After the first scene I just thought, there goes April again being neurotic. And the fact that they ran out of there so happy a second after destroying other people’s lives still doesnt settle well with me. But I loved the rest. Especially the ending. I feel like this could be the best episode of the season so far. Loved the funny moments. Bailey, Meredith and especially Arizona were hilarious. Hate that Shane is still there. Still too much going on. With Ben, now we have yet another character. But, wow, can Jason George bring it! Totally confused about what happened with Callie and Arizona. The conversation we were promised did not happen. Once again, we are given an outline and we are left to our own devises to fill it in. Why was Callie acting so insecure? If anyone should be insecure is Arizona. This was a great episode but the cast has to be trimmed down for real. Its hard to get invested in anything when we get so little at a time.

• notyourmama says:

I’m voting for Leah, Stephanie and Shane all to run far, far away and never come back.

• Mesha Nicole says:

I like Stephanie, but I’ve been rooting for April to leave ever since she got Derek shot.

• kimski says:

I so agree with you. Stephanie is annoying to me. She had to be blind to not see that there were sparks between Jackson and April. Leah is probably going to turn Arizona in even though she was the one that initiated the whole thing and new Arizona was married. Shane volunteered stud services for Christina. He actually said he could service her. But I do wonder if Webber may have logged the complaint over Hunt’s shaming of Shane. I think Leah and Stephanie are the other two. I just wish that Callie and Arizona could move on. Callie has explained to Arizona why it happened because Callie was trying to fix her instead of accepting her. Brooks was the intern I really liked. I really wish that she hadn’t died. I’m glad Shane finally had a melt down about it. I’m also glad that they had Alex by his Dad’s side until he passed. A lot of people all Alex a douche and he can be one but it’s because of his upbringing. The Izzie thing was both of their faults. Jo has anger issues and although I like the interaction between them it bothers me to think they could end up together. I mean she beat the crap out of that one Dr and then she put her hand through glass Thursday night when she was mad.

• Babygate says:

Two very interesting points: it COULD be Webber that lodged the complaint and Jo DOES have an anger management problem.

• Karen B says:

Me too, the only intern i like is the girl ( I can’t think of her name right now ) that dates Alex b/c she reminds me of Meredith when she was an intern. However, that being said Alex is a jerk. I am tired of his character going in and out of maturity. Shonda needs yo make up her mind what type of character she wants him to be b/c he is abusive to women.

22. Tiffany says:

Please Grey’s do new storyline please. Really the George and Callie thing again. We all know how that worked out. George is dead. And the Different World wedding. When Whitley was suppose to marry Byron (aka Olivia Pope daddy) but Dewayne interrupted the wedding. In which Whitley end up marrying Dewayne. Shonda leave the classic alone. Also people waited all this time for April to choose Jackson. PREDICTABLE.

23. Nadia says:

Wow. You really think A Different World is the only show where that scenario ever happened? Get real.

24. Jo says:

Maybe it was Alex who did the complaint? His father dies due to neglegience of an unsupervised intern. I think that would be major cause for a complaint to the hospital. Also it could have even be Owen because he is not happy with how things are being run and he wants to change this so what better way then to enter a complaint which gives him the opening to make some major changes and possibly fire some of the useless waste of space characters that no one cares about to give the main characters some better storyline and more screen time.

• Alichat says:

Neither of them are surgical interns.

• Nick says:

It’s all superiors and subordinates, except married ones! I think they’re starting to amend for all personal relationships in the hospital, so while it’s probably one/several of the interns that lodged the complaints, it’s not the only possibility. Owen could’ve done it because he’s tired of all the conflict and because of Shane and Cristina! We heard him say he’s tired of having to keep straight who can work with who and how hard he was on Shane! Webber never liked all the relationships going on in the hospital and with how he saw Owen treat Shane, he might’ve decided to finally do something about it!

• Jillian says:

There were 3 complaints in total and one was about abusive behavior, which is most likely about Owen and how he treated Shane in the OR. I don’t think Alex would make the complaint especially since he has a relationship with Jo and Owen had no clue about Shane and Alex’s brush up in the hall. It’s most likely Leah and Stephanie. Leah is a vindictive person since Arizona chose her wife over her and is using Stephanie’s situation to get back at all of the superiors who “wronged” the interns.

25. Got to say, I never saw coming that they would elope. Just when I think the show is becoming boring or predictable, Shonda throws a curve all. I still think the show is suffering because of Scandal. It seems all the creative force is in that show and not in this one. Is a shame, I do love Grey’s anatomy.

26. Jaynie says:

‘I’m not just a friend, I’m a fan’…Best line of the night! And I loved the wedding dress and I’m so pleased they got married!

And Leah is a nutbag.

27. Luli says:

I loved the episode! I love Jackson and April! and I’m so glad Meredith and Cristina are getting back to being friends, finally!!!

28. Ella says:

I hope they do a flashback to a wedding.

29. Jane Doe says:

I think it’s Leah who actually filed the complaint, but if you rewatch the scene, while the complaints are being read they pan the camera to whom it’s most likely intended for: harassment charge for Arizona, quid-pro-quo for Cristina, and hostile work environment for Jackson. Assuming this is all leading to the no fraternizing rule, these three incidences are direct examples of a teacher/student superior/subordinate violations.

30. Jane Doe says:

I feel bad for Alex and Jo! And I love Jackson and April! And what’s up with Owen?

• Ninna says:

He’s jealous.

• Karen B says:

I thught Owen found out about Christina and Shane sleeping together. He way way too harsh. I wish tat Webber was still the Chief b/c he was so much better at the job. Its like letting a bunch of Children run the circus with Owen in Charge.

31. Rick Katze says:

You’re right. I never saw the possibility of an elopement but, in retrospect, it was the logical thing to do. Until that last scene, I was looking at endless stops and starts for April and Jackson as is the usual situation on Grey’s Anatomy. Score a TEN.

And now we have two happy couples and a lot of drama involving everyone else.

32. Sabrina says:

I love April & Jackson as a couple so I’m glad that they eloped although disappointed that we didn’t get to see the wedding. I hope they have some happy moments together.

33. A says:

My little heart just exploded with happiness

34. TinLV says:

Not finding it hard to be happy for them at all. I always thought they would, and should, end up together, so I am glad to see it finally happen. Yes, they broke two other hearts to do it, but it was the right thing to do. I doubt either Matthew or Stephanie would want to be in a relationship with someone who’s in love with someone else. What I wanted to see was the reaction of his mother, her family, their friends and co-workers, that we didn’t get to see… but I imagine it wasn’t pretty. The other story tonight I found compelling was Alex watching his dad die.. making sure Dad knew that his wife and other kid knew he loved them so he could let go.. but dear old dad never told Alex the same thing.. and that had to hurt him.

• Nick says:

I was thinking all these same things! Stephanie and Matthew should be with people who love them and I was appalled that Alex’s dad didn’t tell him that he loved him!

35. Sophia says:

First thing i thought when i heard about the complaints was that Shane, Leah and Stephanie all filled out one complaint seperate. I didnt think that one person would make three complaints. Like Leah said in the episode, all three of them were involved with their superiors and got dumped badly.

I loved April and Jackson together. I have been waiting for this moment so long. Looking forward to next week’s episode

36. Kat says:

R.I.P. Matthew Taylor… You’re in a better place now… And I’m sure you went where Rose (Derek’s ex girlfriend) and Eli (Bailey’s ex hottie nurse) went to, because we never got to see the “consequences” of such break-ups of someone choosing some other. The one party always just disappaeared and it won’t be different with Matthew… because of course people always stop to work somewhere after a break up! That’s real life, isn’t it?

• ultimate troll says:

a) no it’s a tv show
      b) the only reason we ever saw Matthew was because of his relationship with April
      c) he was a pretty uninteresting character

All of the above!

• Karen B says:

I totally agree. Matthew character was forced and never seemed part of the show. Just like Stephanie and Jackson’s relattiknship was forced. Neither were a good fit. Thank goodness Shonda did not screw that up -now she needs to let Stephanie realize she is better off b/c who wants to be someone sloppy second.

• nadia says:

Umm, this is not real life, it is a TV show, but broken up couples from the same office do often have at least one change jobs. Rose did have at least one post-relationship episode and she decided they should not work together after she cut him. Also, there are a ton of relationships on this show where the ex is still there after the breakup. Arizona and Callie before they got back together, Callie & George, (I will give you Hahn, although she sort of left as a breakup), Derek and Addison, Mark & Lexie, Cristina and Owen, April & Jackson, should I keep going, because I am sure I could.

37. rae says:

I love that April and Jackson are together. Shondra please make them a lasting couple on the show. The two are great together.

38. amandabronck says:

I could have cried because I was so happy with what happened at the end! I absolutely love April and Jackson together and I loved how they got married without telling anyone :) good episode all around!!

39. I personally am very glad they ended up together, because I’ve honestly been shipping them for years, and felt they were perfect for each other (long before they actually got together). The episode definitely set up an ambiguous situation in that we didn’t know what happened right after April got out of the car, and I was so relieved to see that they not only stayed together, but got married. Now I just want them to stay together permanently. Sure, negotiate some obstacles together, but stay TOGETHER. If the writers split them apart just for drama’s sake, I might have to pull out the pitchforks. :) :)

• Nick says:

Me too! When he was with Lexie, I thought he should be with April! I was relieved too! Yes, they’d better power through the tough times like Meredith and Derek!

40. Azerty says:

“It was the coolest thing ever! I am not just a friend, I am a fan!” – Yang about the wedding. Yeah because she doesn’t know what it is like to be left at the altar. Oh wait…

• Nick says:

That was a great line though!

• Toni says:

Here’s the thing though – while I thought Yang and Burke were great together, I think she means it both as she never thought of April being able to do that and the fact of her following her dreams. I also think that since the shooting, Yang probably also holds a small soft spot for Jackson. These people spend a lot of time together – I think she was trying to show support.

41. Andrew Hass says:

I knew that April wasn’t going to marry Matthew after Jackson’s declaration of love.She does love Matthew but wasn’t l\in love with him.Plus i think deep down Matthew knew April was in love with Jackson but he didn’t force her to get engaged to him.Now as for April and Jackson i have a feeling they might start to regret getting married so fast.Yeah they may want to spend their lives together but they may have moved too fast.As for Matthew i see him returning for at least one more episode in order to settle things with both April and Jackson.

• Nick says:

That’s true! April isn’t in love with Matthew! They will have a lot to talk about but they can soldier through it! All the important things are there; they love each other, they want to spend their lives together, they want to have kids together, and they love their jobs and families! Cristina and Owen were doomed because the decision to have children is fundamental and they didn’t agree on that subject!

42. Cheryl says:

Loved, loved, loved this episode!!! I find April adorable so anytime there is an April centric episode, I squeal with joy! :) I was glad she chose Jackson, but bummed about Matthew. Blame it on the nostalgia of All My Children, but I was so glad to see Justin Bruening on TV again and the character Matthew was so decent and honorable, he didn’t belong on Grey’s. No nice people don’t belong on Grey’s…at all. Nope. Now on with the only two gripes I had about the episode. Shane was back and Leah is a grade A first class weasel.

At first when I saw that Shane’s face was being shoved in mine, I wanted to just change the channel and watch Couples Therapy on VH1, but I trudged through his scenes to be rewarded by Alex punching him in the face repeatedly and with no restraint. Well that is until Meredith and Cristina showed up and pulled him off. *pouts* I also saw Owen rip Shane a new one which was odd and out of character for him then when the Chief brought up the fact that Shane and Cristina had slept together, then I had the ‘Aha’ moment. Anyway, I will be so glad when Shane stops this whole guilt trip about what happened with ‘Mousey’ (Heather Brooks) because it has gotten completely and utterly ridiculous. New storyline for him please. Preferably one that sends him to where Boy Meets World sent Minkus :)

If they do that, please save a spot for Leah. She has worked my last nerve with her bitter ex routine. She got dumped by Arizona, true, but she also knew two things before she got down and dirty with her superior: Arizona is married and oh yeah, Arizona is her boss. Nitwit. It doesn’t matter if boss lady says she and her spouse are on a break or separated, the chick is still married. Go play in the sandbox until she is free and available. I understand that Leah is hurt and pissed and feels used and discarded, and true that she was, but she has to take responsibility for her part in her own heartbreak and disposal. *huffs and spins away angrily*

Overall, it was a pretty good episode and I was glad I watched it. I was confused by Bailey’s OCD storyline and her anger and hostility toward Ben one moment and then fast forward three weeks and they are lovey dovey and huggy kissy. Meh. Tis Grey’s. What can ya do?

• Nick says:

I like April too and I love Jackson and April! Matthew is sweet and that’s why he deserves someone who really loves him! Leah is a weasel! Arizona never led her on and she should’ve known there would be consequences to sleeping with a married woman and that there was the possibility that she would get back together with her wife! Shane and the whole guilt thing about Heather was ridiculous. He didn’t cause her death and he didn’t replace her as Derek’s student! I couldn’t believe how stupid those people were stepping right into water that’s surrounded by electrical equipment! If Owen was so upset about Shane being reinstated, why didn’t he just have him riding a desk doing paperwork? As for Bailey, the OCD was brought on by Richard’s accident and exacerbated by the panic and fear that she and Ben would eventually get divorced if he quit surgery! She got help from the therapist, Richard assured her he would be okay, and she and Ben communicated and talked through everything. He got into the surgery program at Seattle Grace Mercy West and everything went back to normal, including Bailey feeling like she’s in control and everything will be okay!

43. LaLa says:

I am just expecting to see Katherine Avery showing up in a fierce black catsuit, with a hot Dominican on her arm, trying to teach Jackson how it feels to have someone you love make the biggest mistake of their lives by marrying the wrong person. Shout out to a Different World.

• Nick says:

April and Jackson belong together just like Dwayne and Whitley! May they go down happily ever after in television history just like D&W!

44. BriDeSi says:

I was soooo happy that April and Jackson ended up together. I hope Shonda does a flashback scene to reveal the carnage that ensued when April chose Jackson. I also cant wait to see Jackson’s mother once she finds out.
    Owen was out of line but I really cant stand Shanes character so I didn’t really feel all that bad for him. I keep waiting for everyone to find out what he did to Mousy/Brooks. His character is unredeemable in my eyes.
    Does anybody else think that Yang is going to be fired over this non fraternization policy? I keep trying to figure out how she will leave the show. I think she will go on to work at another hospital but that the fraternization rule will ultimately be her way out. Maybe her and Owen will try again and when ppl find out about the two of them, Owen will be in line to be fired but Cristina will take the blame and move on. Just a thought. I miss the days when Richard was in charge.

45. It’s Arizona, (harassment), Christina (quid pro quo), and Owen (hostile work environment).

46. Jenn says:

what if it’s Richard Webber filing the complaint… he didn’t like Owen’s approach, and he is seeing the other stuff happening… might be an interesting twist.. that would be interesting..

47. Jenn says:

Also… I wonder if the POTUS stuff with Der, will lead to a possible Scandal cross over… maybe… hint, hint… lol

48. Goodbye Universe Guy says:

I thought she was marrying Barney Stinson? That Ted, he just can’t leave her alone.

Oh, wait a minute, I changed the channel at the wrong time – this is Greys. My mistake. Never mind.

49. Ange says:

I did not want Jackson with April. They tried this on Private Practice with Addison and Sam and it failed miserably. I thought April was better with Matthew. Jackson was better with Stephanie although both Stephanie and April seemed to have esteem issues.

Can’t wait to see Jackson’s mother react – queue Debbie Allen.

• Nick says:

Now in this scenario, Matthew and April would be the Addison and Sam, as in the couple that work better as friends and whose chemistry have waned! Although, Matthew and April have never had much sexual chemistry! Stephanie was a distraction for Jackson…it never seemed like they would end up together…she’s too young for him and they didn’t have enough chemistry either! April is neurotic and crazy and she needs someone strong like Jackson to keep her grounded! It would’ve been hilarious to see Matthew try to calm her down during one of her major freakouts! Ha…if he had to try to handle one of them, he might not have even wanted to marry her! I can’t wait for Jackson’s mother to come along either! She may be angry that Jackson ran off and got married without her, but she has always loved April, and she is the only girl that she would ever approve of to be her daughter-in-law!

50. Frankie says:

Leah Murphy is the worst character on the show! Even Shane, with all of his recent screw ups, is more tolerable and redeemable than that whiny bag of nonsense.