Grimm's Bree Turner Talks 'Monrosalee' Inching Toward the Altar, Bringing the Wolf Home to Mom

Grimm - Season 3Bringing home your boyfriend for the first time can be a harrowing experience under the best circumstances.

But when you’re a Fuchsbau and he’s a Blutbad? And when, thanks to some questionable decisions in your past, you’re not on the best terms with your family in the first place?

Good luck, little fox.

“It’s called up a lot of stuff for me to work on, which was exciting — but also completely draining,” says Grimm‘s Bree Turner, whose Rosalee meets up with her estranged mom and sister after a seven-year absence in this Friday’s episode (NBC, 9/8c).

RELATED | TVLine Items: Grimm Adds Covert Affairs Star

“Most of [the meeting] takes place on this farm in Hillsboro, up here in Oregon, and it was just one giant, long, 16-hour day,” Turner recalls, chuckling. “By the end of it, we were like, ‘Please, let’s just go get beers!'”

The Calvert family summit – at which Monroe does his best to make a good impression on his beloved’s relatives – kicks off a three-episode arc that will forward the Wesen couple’s long-teased trip to the altar.

Since Rosalee was first introduced in Season 1, Grimm has given viewers very about her pre-Portland life. We know she’s a former (mystical) drug addict, we know she’s great with the potions, and we know she prefers her men tall, bearded and clock-obsessed.

RELATED | Memories From the Set: Grimm‘s Claire Coffee Recalls Gigs on West WingNCISPsych and More

The quiet shopkeeper’s life “really gets blown out this Friday,” Turner tells TVLine. “You understand where I was for seven years, why did I leave, what was going on with me, why my family was estranged, why did I feel the need to turn to drugs and hiding out. All of those questions are answered.”

Let’s just say that the two Wesen work things out with their families and formally decide to tie the knot: Should we prepare ourselves for hundreds of fairytale creatures packed into one of Portland’s poshest ballrooms for the Wesen wedding of the century?

Rosalee’s “not looking for flash or excitement,” the actress says. “She did that, and if anything, those things bring up temptation for her,” she says. “If a wedding is in their future, I think – 100 percent – it’s going to be a much more intimate, personal event.”

She adds with a laugh: “I don’t see Rosalee wanting a $15,000 gown.”

1. DL says:

Love it. Monroe and Rosalee are easily one of my favorite TV couples.

2. MisterGrimmster says:

Excited for Rosalee’s backstory and weddng. Truly a fan of MonRosalee. One reason why I continue to watch Grimm. :)

3. Stormy says:

What sort of hybrid children will they have? And that is not a sarcastic question. I’ve missed the most recent episodes and don’t know if that’s been discussed. I do love them. Monroe is the Fonzie of Grimm.

• S. says:

It really hasn’t, at least in regards to them. In “Stories We Tell Our Young” there was a little discussion about children, namely could two human parents produce a Wesen child, but nothing else that I’ve seen.

• Ashleah Youn says:

I think it’s likely that their kids would either come out full Blutbad or Fuchsbau.

4. Pat says:

I cannot wait for their wedding. It should be interesting with both sides of their families, in attendance. What really would be interesting and I hope that Monroe does this, is having Nick as his best man, Can you imagine the look on all the families faces, when they see a Grimm standing next to Monroe?

• Dreamrose says:

Heh, that would be awkward, now wouldn’t it? I’m thinking Monroe and Rosalee should cover that tiny little bit *before* the wedding day…!

5. Thank you, I have recently been searching for info about
    this subjnect for ages and yours is the beest I’ve foound
    out so far. However, what about the conclusion? Are you sure concerning the supply?

6. Evan says:

Found it interesting in the episode while they talked about her father and the estrangement that caused no mention was made of her brother and his death.

7. Shannon says:

Love this show and so glad it’s on Friday. Just caught up and I love Monroe and Rosalee they are so cute. I also realize sets are used for different places. Nick ‘s house was changed but you can totally tell it it is Nick house set despite changing to use for a murder victim house. Is it to save on stuff or what?
    I love Nick and Jullitte and loved she was able to use her vet skills to help on a case and also use her kick butt defense skills against her friends husband. I am liking that even tough as nails wesen are instantly afraid of Nick once they find out he is a Grimm. I love the whole mystery of the show in the background especially the side of effects of a undead Nick like at the beginning of the season and even though Nick is okay he still has times where he goes dead and cold for a few moments. Nick has the good and bad and a good moral compass and really trying to help. I like all the stuff in the trailer. Definitely don’t take the captain there because he may be on Nick side and help, but he still has his own plans and agendas and not completely trustworthy to have access to the trailer.