Golden Globes: Breaking Bad, Amy Poehler, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Candelabra Score Big Wins

Get More: Awards, Golden Globes, News

Golden Globe Winners 2014The 71st annual Golden Globe Awards were held Sunday night in Los Angeles at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, with Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) and Tina Fey (30 Rock) returning as heavenly hosts.

AMC’s dearly departed Breaking Bad led all TV dramas with a pair of wins, including for best actor Bryan Cranston. On the comedy side, Fox freshman Brooklyn Nine-Nine copped top honors plus a trophy for Andy Samberg, while Parks and Rec‘s Poehler converted her third career nom into a much deserved win.

HBO’s Behind the Candelabra telepic also walked off with a pair of wins.

RELATED | Golden Globes: Rate Tina Fey and Amy Poehler’s Opening Monologue!

Here is the full list of winners for 2014 in the TV categories, denoted in BOLD.

PHOTOS | Golden Globes: The Best, Worst and Wildest Moments

• SERIES, TV-MOVIE OR MINISERIES – SUPPORTING ACTOR
Josh Charles, The Good Wife
Rob Lowe, Behind the Candelabra
Aaron Paul, Breaking Bad
Corey Stoll, House of Cards
Jon Voight, Ray DonovanWINNER

RELATED | E! Apologizes for ‘Insensitive’ Michael J. Fox ‘Fun Fact’ During Golden Globes Pre-Show

• TV-MOVIE OR MINISERIES

• SERIES, TV-MOVIE OR MINISERIES – SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Jacqueline Bisset, Dancing on the EdgeWINNER
Janet McTeer, The White Queen
Hayden Panettiere, Nashville
Monica Potter, Parenthood
Sofia Vergara, Modern Family

Which wins have you cheering? Which snubs leave you sneering? Sound off in comments! Visit our sister site Deadline for a list of motion picture winners.

Comments (148)

• That Scandal joke killed me. :)

Comment by abz – January 12, 2014 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Disappointed it wasn’t Hayden Panettiere or Monica Potter.

Comment by abz – January 12, 2014 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes it should have been Monica

Comment by S – January 12, 2014 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • DITTO – the whole Cancer story as well as political line. GREAT ACTING! Also, love Brooklyn Nine-Nine, however they are NO competition for the Modern Family group…..either Ty or Eric should have been nominated…….they both crack me up out loud!

Comment by jackie2830 – January 14, 2014 02:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monica Potter should’ve won. :-(

Comment by jimbo – January 12, 2014 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously! what the what jacqueline!? way to blow it

Comment by schu – January 12, 2014 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So upset about Monica!!!!! She was awesome!!!

Comment by Rebecca – January 12, 2014 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me too ):
          She’s fantastic on Parenthood!!

Comment by Luna – January 12, 2014 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol well there goes Michael Ausiello’s “Fairly solid correct winner predictions”. Hes 0 for 2 so far.

Comment by M3rc Nate – January 12, 2014 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 1/4

Comment by Aiya – January 12, 2014 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Now 1/5

Comment by Citizen of the Internet – January 12, 2014 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yup, ended up being 4 for 11 correct. Lol no more bragging about his prediction skills anymore. Oh well, can always try again at the Oscars.

Comment by M3rc Nate – January 12, 2014 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahahhaha, guess I won’t be saying I am wrong about The Good Wife lol. His predictions were terrible.

Comment by Chuck Finley – January 12, 2014 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nobody is good at predicting these awards because they keep forgetting the entire basis of these awards – they are voted on by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. The nominations are based on what these international journalists are writing about for the people in their home countries. They don’t care what you watch (if you’re American). The only reason they hold the ceremony in the states is it’s easier and cheaper to get folks to shop up to collect.

Comment by Kiki – January 12, 2014 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jessica Lange got robbed.

Comment by Command – January 12, 2014 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • .. is Jacqueline Bisset still talking?

Comment by stevie – January 12, 2014 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha. She’ll be very hung over tomorrow.

Comment by jimbo – January 12, 2014 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jessica should have won both Sister Jude and Fiona are amazing characters

Comment by Fernando – January 12, 2014 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tom Hanks is the best!!

Comment by Martha Mitovich Leiss – January 12, 2014 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seen both Jennifer L and Julia R performances and I think Julia was robed! She was amazing in that movie! Jennifer was good don’t get me wrong but Julia broke my heart!

Comment by Rebecca – January 12, 2014 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • maybe its just me but I really don’t get the american hustle hype, thought there was better writing and acting in many other films released this year

Comment by jenna – January 12, 2014 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Have you seen it? I kind of agree…the acting was really good, but I didn’t feel it like I did with Silver Linnings Playbook.

Comment by Rebecca – January 12, 2014 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • yup I saw it and was really unimpressed by the writing, the acting was ok but there were much better performances this year

Comment by jenna – January 12, 2014 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Well I highly recommend Osage County. It’s deep but gripping.

Comment by Rebecca – January 12, 2014 06:36 PM PDT
      • i’m more surprised that american hustle can be considered a comedy!

Comment by sam – January 12, 2014 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thank god the whole breaking bad overhype extravaganza is over.
    good wife got robbed!

Comment by stevie – January 12, 2014 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Didn’t you watch the show? It was brilliant and deserves every award it gets

Comment by jen – January 12, 2014 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are not wrong… but its still boring, and it is nice to get both out of the Awards equation to give others a chance!

Comment by Ben – January 12, 2014 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This is the first time that Breaking Bad has won any Golden Globes, so I’m not sure that I understand your point.

Comment by Kat – January 13, 2014 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHOOOHOOOO Breaking Bad rules!!!

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 12, 2014 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People need to cool it with the long speeches. I feel badly for the guy in charge of this production – long speeches, whatever the hell Jackie Bisset did, and the teleprompter messing up all in the first hour of production – he’s probably getting a lot of heat right now about staying in the 3 hour time limit.

Comment by Babybop – January 12, 2014 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to mention the fact that they have so many tables crammed into that little room the winners can’t figure out how to get up to the stage. Takes them far to long.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 12, 2014 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I missed the first 45 minutes but I had a relative say she had to stop her kids from watching because of langauge being used in the speeches. For one, these speeches are too long, and secondly there is no reason not to keep it PG. It started at 7pm after all.

Comment by Chuck Finley – January 12, 2014 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s odd. I’ve been watching from the beginning and the only language I’ve heard was Aaron Paul said Yo Bitch when BB won.

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 12, 2014 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I wish Aaron Paul would’ve won. His acting was phenomenal & heart-wrenching…I could literally feel his pain. He provided the few moments of comic relief . I will forever remember him as “Jesse”. “Yo Bitches!”

Comment by Tanya – January 15, 2014 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously you hear worse on the radio. Soo far the word Bitch may have been used 2xs in almost 2 hours.

Comment by lk – January 12, 2014 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Like I said, I didn’t see it, but that isn’t appropriate for a 7 year old. Neither is the topic of Brazilian waxes nor the woman with a Martini on stage. Neither of you two have kids if you think even saying yo bitch is acceptable for children. He needs to remember he isn’t on cable.

Comment by Chuck Finley – January 12, 2014 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Or you need to remember that awards shows aren’t for kids.

Comment by fiberlicious – January 12, 2014 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If your 7 year old can’t watch the shows being voted for, then they shouldn’t be watching the awards show.

Comment by Erik – January 12, 2014 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, considering that they show people drinking and use the word Bitch on network comedies before 9pm I wouldn’t think that would be an issue… Maybe she should watch the chicka awards on sprout instead of the ggs, and yeah i have a pre schooler, she’s in bed, because shows like this aren’t appropriate for kids anyway. You want to see the dresses, it’s called the internet the next day.

Comment by lk Gg – January 12, 2014 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The only award show a 7 year old should be watching is the Kids’ Choice Awards.

Comment by Ayana – January 12, 2014 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Award shows can be pretty much unpredictable all the time and that likely will never change given their live nature and the people there being adults and drinking. With the Golden Globes, in particular, especially after the whole Ricky Gervais mess a few years ago, kids that age really shouldn’t be watching it.

Comment by abz – January 12, 2014 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah I agree. It’s too bad a 7 year old girl that just wants to see the pretty dresses can’t watch because of all the way too adult content.

Comment by Chuck Finley – January 12, 2014 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I understand. Have her watch the Red Carpet. That’s pretty much majorly devoted to fashion.

Comment by abz – January 12, 2014 07:00 PM PDT
          • isn’t that what the pre-show is for…

Comment by sam – January 12, 2014 07:50 PM PDT
          • Well the award show has mostly ADULTS in it. When will people get through their heads that award shows shouldn’t be watered down to please kids. This is NOT a kids show for crying out loud. Kids should be watching kids show.

Comment by Shutupmeg – January 13, 2014 03:30 AM PDT
      • well to be honest the golden globes have a reputation of being the boozy drunken award show so I wouldn’t think its aiming for the child friendly

Comment by J – January 12, 2014 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TATIANA MASLANY WAS ROBBED!!!! So wrong,

Comment by abz – January 12, 2014 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just finished season one of Orphan Black and just started season one of Housebof Cards. While a close call between Robib W and Tatiana m, I’d have given the edge to Tatiana. Between the multiple personalities, accents and overall screen time, there’s no reason she shouldn’t have won.

Comment by Jules – January 12, 2014 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WORD!!!!

Comment by Daven C – January 13, 2014 04:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been meaning to watch house of cards… but I cant believe tatiana didnt win!!

Comment by Jenna – January 12, 2014 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And Tatiana Maslany was robbed again. I mean come on who else can play like seven completely different characters…well I guess they want us to be happy they nominated her

Comment by ashbash – January 12, 2014 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • enough with this ‘tatianna play so many characters’ thing ! i’m a big Orphan black/tatianna fan, but every actor/actress should be able to play different characters! the only thing impressive is that the characters tatianna play are on the same show.

Comment by Kevin – January 12, 2014 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What’s impressive about Tatiana Maslany compared to the other nominees is not just because she plays several characters in one show. It’s because of how well she plays them. Each one of them is unique on their own and often times it feels as if it’s a completely different actor playing them. You often forget that she is in fact all of them. She also sometimes plays them all at once in a single scene and even has them impersonate each other which is extremely impressive. The other actors devote their time to one single character and while I think many of them are great, in this particular case, Tatiana plays multiple characters perfectly and that IMO sets her apart from the rest. I have never seen this Robyn Wright before, but I definitely think Tatiana should have win. At least she got the nomination so hopefully that might give the show a little more publicity for the upcoming season.

Comment by abz – January 12, 2014 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • go watch House of Lies, then come back to me. I love Tatiana and she’s brilliant, but so is Robin Wright. And I agree with Kevin, playing several different characters very well is basically the job description of a good actor. You don’t often get see it on one TV show, I’ll give you that. Tatiana must have put in insane hours and pulled it all of, so I’m very happy she got a nomination. But I still think Wright ‘deserved’ to win. It’s all opinions anyway.

Comment by ddutchie88 – January 13, 2014 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • oh jezus, I meant House of Cards of course

Comment by ddutchie88 – January 13, 2014 04:47 AM PDT
          • I have watched both. Just started and finished Orphan Black between Christmas and NYE and just started House of Cards. Granted I’ve only seen a few episodes of HoC and Robin W is good but Tatiana is awesome in Orphan black. And I have to agree with the poster above that says you often forget that it’s her playing all of them. In a scene with multiple, it doesn’t seem like it’s just one actres. Between the different personalities, opdifferent accents/dialects, and overall screen time, she was outstanding. And I have to agree that she was robbed.

Comment by Julie – January 13, 2014 05:11 AM PDT
  • TATIANA WAS ROBBED BIG TIME. OUTRAGEOUS.

Comment by Command – January 12, 2014 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TATIANA MASLANY WAS ROBBED TIMES FIVE!!!

Comment by iMember – January 12, 2014 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So I guess Ausiello can pull down that predictions page and destroy the hdd it’s on to get rid of the evidence lol. Wow.

Comment by Chuck Finley – January 12, 2014 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HAHAHAHA…I can’t wait to tease him for a very very very long time

Comment by Sara – January 12, 2014 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man they keep screwing Kerry Washington over and over again, I hope she wins at the Emmys or I’ll go on strike

Comment by Fernando – January 12, 2014 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She isn’t that great of an actress. She’s better than average, but not better than several other nominees.

Comment by Chuck Finley – January 12, 2014 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree Chuck. Olivia Pope is a strong character, I could even give you well written. But at times I watch Kerry Washington and think the character could have been more believable with another actress. She is better than average, but I wouldn’t hand her best actress statuettes just yet. I feel as though people are confusing the character (and script) with the acting.

Comment by Ben – January 12, 2014 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • agree! She over acts way too much on the show

Comment by J – January 12, 2014 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly. What’s with all the hype surrounding Kerry? Is it because Scandal is doing well? Is it because she is one of the few female leads playing a powerful role in TV? Scandal is doing well because of the collective effort of the whole cast..Bellamy Young in fact has been the most impressive so far giving some top-notch performances this season. Stana Katic (Castle), Juliana Marguilis (Good Wife), Tatiana Maslany(Orphan Black), Taylor Schilling (Orange Is the New Black), Robin Wright (House of Cards), Sandra Oh (Grey’s) are some other similar powerful female leads on TV.
        Btw Kerry Washington is not a movie star despite what her fanatical fans might say. Django Unchained is her only major film role for the past 5 years!

Comment by Rich Abey – January 13, 2014 02:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ITA Bellamy Young is better than KW

Comment by Hannah – January 13, 2014 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Fernando. Kerry Washington should have won.

Comment by Pinetta – January 12, 2014 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did you really think the no body Tatiana Maslany on a sci-fi show would actually win an award? Please, that would have been the day.

The people who vote probably don’t understand the show and don’t understand how many roles she was playing.

Comment by David4 – January 12, 2014 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They knew enough to nominate her I’m sure they understand that on a show about clones that she is playing a bunch of clones.

Comment by ashbash – January 12, 2014 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We should all be happy she was at least nominated, that itself is shocking.

Comment by David4 – January 12, 2014 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was the same with John Nobel and Anna Torv with fringe but they give awards for rubbish like Californication and Brooklyn Nine Nine among others until there is a category for SyFy or fantasy the great work these actors and actresses do it will always go unrewarded.

Comment by Mark – January 12, 2014 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Here here

Comment by Lesley – January 12, 2014 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh boo hoo. Thank god john and Anna didn’t get nominated. Too bad Tatiana didn’t win, it would have been sweet justice. I’m sorry but putting on a red wig and being happy is not award worthy, sorry.

Tatiana did something john and Anna didn’t do, she gave all her characters a PERSONALITY. She used different accents, body movements, etc. John and Anna were generic.

Comment by Shutupmeg – January 13, 2014 03:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg i cant believe tatiana didnt win she knocked it out of the park with her roles

Comment by Corey Ackerman – January 12, 2014 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I definitely think she deserved to win, but I’m not surprised that she didn’t. Still, she was nominated, at least. That’s something.
      But Amy Poehler WON!!! Seriously, I leapt off my couch when they said her name. Couldn’t be happier for her. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Comment by gdv – January 12, 2014 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • agreed! amy deserved her globe after all they’ve been screwing with her for years

Comment by Ariadne – January 13, 2014 03:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, I haven’t heard anything bad. I guess they won’t be watching many of these movies then…

Comment by Rebecca – January 12, 2014 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Globes to Maslany: Gimmicks not welcome here.

Comment by Paul Hanlin Jr (@Paul_Hanlin_Jr) – January 12, 2014 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still stuck on Tatiana Maslany being completely robbed. She played 4 major roles (Sarah, Allison, Cosima and Helena) perfectly during Season 1. She made me forget that the same actress played all the clones.

Comment by Anne – January 12, 2014 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It just proves that while the Hollywood Foreign Press is forward thinking enough to nominate someone from a sci-fi drama or a BBC America show, but they don’t love those programs as much as they do snows on Netflix. Not to knock on Robin Wright, I’ve not seen her show to say whether she’s good in it, but Tatiana’s brilliant on “Orphan Black”. It’s a shame she didn’t win – it would’ve been a big surprise for the awards ceremony and a big boost for the show’s profile.

Comment by Tess – January 12, 2014 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve seen House of Cards, and I’m really shocked Robin Wright won. She’s good on the show, but the character is very much a supporting role, so I find it weird she could win in lead for it. Plus the character isn’t really very showy, and not a scene stealer. It’s pretty much the exact opposite kind of character they’ve been going for the last two years with Claire Danes on Homeland. I really thought Taylor Schilling would win since she plays a showy character and has an actual lead part on a very buzzy show. I think what happened here is they wanted to make sure House of Cards walked away with an award tonight.
        I’ve never seen Orphan Black, so I can’t comment on Tatiana Maslany, but to me, this was kind of a bullcrap category because Lizzy Kaplan didn’t get nominated. I was very much hoping she would win before the nominations came out.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 12, 2014 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m sorry, why should an actress be “showy” in order to be nominated for an award? Not everyone is a big drama queen and overacts to everything.

Comment by Shutupmeg – January 13, 2014 03:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I really wish they’d given Corey Stoll the award for House of Cards – I agree that Robin was great, but it really was more of a supporting role. They could’ve given Jon Voight the award next year, but this should’ve been Corey’s year

Comment by LisaMBri – January 13, 2014 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay, Jared! Next up: Oscars!

Comment by Lindsey – January 12, 2014 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok I forgive Ausiello’s prediction nightmare for getting Amy Poehler right ;)

Comment by Chuck Finley – January 12, 2014 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats Amy!!!

Comment by Stephanie – January 12, 2014 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!!! Amy Poehler!!!! I legit jumped up. Love her.

Comment by Eliza – January 12, 2014 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy Frozen won!!! Great movie!!!!

Comment by Rebecca – January 12, 2014 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally an award for Amy Poehler!!! you could see how much that meant to her!
    So happy for her and the Parks and Rec family!

Comment by Parker – January 12, 2014 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally Amy!!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t even care what happens with the rest of the awards. Ha ha.

Comment by Babybop – January 12, 2014 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andy samberg si actually the main reason why I stopped watching b99. He’s always so over-the-top, without any diversity…

Comment by sophonisbe – January 12, 2014 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally Amy Poehler gets some recognition! But Robin Wright instead of Tatiana Maslany? Seriously? I loved House of Cards but it really doesn’t get more one-dimensional than her performance. I felt from the beginning that she was the weakest player.

Comment by Babygate – January 12, 2014 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she’s definitely not a one dimensional character on House of Cards. However, i do think her performance is the least showy of all the nominees, but i suppose her being a film star helped her securing the win

Comment by Kevin – January 12, 2014 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank God Amy won, Parks and Rec is criminally underrated.

Comment by Kre – January 12, 2014 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like BB9 but better than P&R?! No.

Comment by Eliza – January 12, 2014 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Both Parks and Rec and Community are leaps and bounds better than B99.

Comment by Chuck Finley – January 12, 2014 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They seriously need to watch Community..It’s so sad how they underrate it.

Comment by Ariadne – January 13, 2014 03:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG YES! B-99 won best comedy! 1) I LOVE the show its hilarious, 2) Its about damn time a truly funny show won, and ended the reign of the “chuckles” worthy Modern Family and the “awkward silence as laugh track tells me im supposed to be lmao” Big Bang Theory.

Comment by M3rc Nate – January 12, 2014 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Umm MF with the Emmys not the GG’s and both MF and BBT are funny shows more than chuckles. Much funnier than B-99

Comment by Larry – January 12, 2014 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To be technical, last year Girls ended the Modern Family reign of winning. Sorry, I hate being THAT person. I really do.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 12, 2014 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • B99? really? over Modern Family, TBBT and Parks and Rec?

no way!

Comment by Parker – January 12, 2014 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You might try watching it. It’s one of my favorite comedies this year. People may not always like Andy (honestly I went back and forth on his SNL shorts–sometimes they were brilliant, other times they felt like they tried too hard), but on B99 they do such a great job of slapping the character down that his cockiness isn’t annoying. He’s a good actor and I have to give him credit. He definitely won me over. I think the supporting cast is great. It’s a promising show. Surely they’ll get renewed now. I really wish The Mindy Project would be recognized by somebody. It was good but inconsistent last year (didn’t help that Fox kept airing it out of order), and it’s gotten stronger. B99 and TMP need to get renewed forth with, Kevin Reilly.

Comment by scooby – January 12, 2014 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I tried didn’t find it funny

Comment by Sam – January 12, 2014 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Mindy project is funny though

Comment by Sam – January 12, 2014 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Completely agree about B-99. I however didnt think of but just did, i actually like P&R more. Its hilarious in both a fantastically written, fantastically acted way. And theres so much more going on than on say B-99. The character development is fantastic. How the characters grow and change. Love it.

Comment by M3rc Nate – January 12, 2014 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I tried three episodes, mainly because my girlfriend thought it mildly amusing. What a waste of Andre Braugher’s talent. I found it repetitious and although not the worst new show this season, certainly not the best comedy out there. Are we sure the voters are not doing this to annoy the columnists and throwing off their predictions?? Mr Ausiello, do you have a comment?

Comment by Erik – January 12, 2014 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I watch it and i like it, but it is just not nearly as good as Parks and Rec or Modern Family… and Andy Samberg’s overacting is funny for one or two minutes but it gets annoying pretty quick

Comment by Parker – January 12, 2014 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I watched it, twice and it SUCKED! By the way the Ratings say America thinks it sucks as well.

Comment by Mike – January 12, 2014 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MY SHOW DIDN’T WIN THESE AWARDS ARE BOGUS GAWD!

Comment by Larry – January 12, 2014 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Larry David, you weren’t even nominated!!

Comment by Erik – January 12, 2014 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super happy about Brooklyn 9-9, but I’m still shocked that Veep wasn’t nominated.

Comment by Ashlyn – January 12, 2014 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we please keep in mind this is all SUBJECTIVE not OBJECTIVE so can’t say for sure one show is better than another or one actor is better than another. Its all opinion, so discuss sure don’t get outraged.

Comment by SSSSA – January 12, 2014 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I swear there’s an unwritten rule that if a film actor is on TV in some capacity, they have to win all the awards. That’s the only explanation for Robin Wright getting the award even though she was the weak spot of the House of Lies cast.

Comment by Molly – January 12, 2014 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And by that I meant House of Cards. Slipup.

Comment by Molly – January 12, 2014 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I guess that’s just the way the Cards Lie!!

Comment by Erik – January 12, 2014 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then why didn’t Kevin Spacey win? He’s a much bigger movie star then Wright?

Comment by ddutchie88 – January 13, 2014 04:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brooklyn nine-nine is a good show but The Big Bang Theory is the best show on TV

Comment by jonathan – January 12, 2014 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do I have an Amen? Amen!!!

Comment by Erik – January 12, 2014 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 2nd best MF is best

Parks and Rec 3rd

Comment by Sam – January 12, 2014 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shows that are better then Brooklyn Nine NIne:
      1. Parks and Recreation
      2, The Big Bang Theory
      3. 90% of every other comedies on television
      4. ANY Repeat of a comedy on TVLAND
      5. Most UTube posts!

Feel Free to add anything else,

Brooklyn NIne NIne had to have dirty photos of someone, and Andy is a horrible actor!!!!

Comment by Mike – January 12, 2014 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Comment by Lindsey – January 12, 2014 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Samberg + B99?! Then Voight?! So, who saw that coming?

Comment by What?! – January 12, 2014 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Voight is very popular with the HFPA. I totally had him picked. But I had a pretty crappy night overall in calling the winners, he was only one of three I got right, and the other two were definitely not Brooklyn 99 and Andy Samberg!

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 12, 2014 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was a bit of shocker with those three wins. But I am glad that BB and 12 Years a Slave won.

Comment by Asta – January 12, 2014 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow usually it’s just a few, but pretty much every single winner went over time and rambled during their speech.

Comment by abz – January 12, 2014 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In no way B99 should win any awards.

Comment by Really – January 12, 2014 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If someone had told me House of Cards was walking away with just one Golden Globe tonight, I never in a million years would have guessed it was Robin Wright who would get it.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 12, 2014 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m okay with B99 winning because it means that Dan Goor and Mike Schur still get an award for their amazing work in television. Though I do believe that Parks and Rec and Big Bang Theory are stronger shows, I really do enjoy B99 and look forward to it every week!

Now how about a Mindy Project nom next year? That show is so brilliant this season I was shocked it wasn’t nominated this time!

Comment by Babybop – January 12, 2014 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Really was hoping Monica and Kerry would win, but knew they wouldn’t.
    2. Shocked and angry that Andy and Brooklyn-Nine Nine won over other nominees
    3. Beyond happy Amy won.
    4. Was hoping Matt Damon would win just to see what Melissa would do.

Comment by Miss VCI – January 12, 2014 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was really hoping Tatiana Maslany was going to win, for her spectacular job of playing multiple characters on one show.

Comment by adam – January 12, 2014 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thrilled that Matthew McConaughey won in lieu of the predicted Redford along with Michael Douglas, Jon Voight, Jared Leto, U2/Bono & others, super pleased…… :)

Wish that Breaking Bad hadn’t taken that many for was pulling for Liev Schreiber/Donovan or James Spader/Blacklist in addition to ‘Big Bang Theory’. Think Breaking Bad had the shoe in due to it’s no longer on……. JMO Also would have liked to see Kerry Washington/Scandal win instead of Robin Wright/House of Cards & Jim Parsons in lieu of Andy Samberg…… Oh well, perhaps next year…

Think “12 Years a Slave” was a given for many reasons & predicted my many…..

Bottom line, great show, many surprises & another fantastic job by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. Loved the show!

Comment by Heidi – January 12, 2014 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Breaking Bad was also a shoe-in because it was the most deserving…

Comment by Kat – January 13, 2014 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post