What to Watch Sunday: Race Finishes, Mentalist Fall Finale, Bonnie & Clyde Ride Again and More

the-mentalist-fall-finaleOn TV this Sunday: The Mentalist gets technical in its fall finale, The Amazing Race crosses the finish line, faith is broken on Homeland and American Dad breaks bad. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

PREVIEW | Once Upon a Time: Will a ‘Bomb Under the Table’ Blow Up Storybrooke’s Reunions?
VIDEO | Once Upon a Time Exclusive: Which Stone-Cold Villain Is Snow White Hunting?

8 pm The Amazing Race (CBS) | Two-hour season finale: The final teams sprint to the finish line for the $1 million prize. (Jason and Amy FTW!)

8 pm Holidaze (ABC Family) | Corporate businesswoman Melody (Jennie Garth, What I Like About You) wakes up in an alternate reality where she never left town and wound up wed to her childhood sweetheart (Cameron Mathison, All My Children). Um, lucky.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

9 pm Bonnie & Clyde (A&E/History/Lifetime) | Emile Hirsch (Into the Wild) and Holliday Grainger (The Borgias) star as the Depression-era outlaws whose exploits would assure them lasting fame for eight decades. (Part 2 of the two-night/four-hour event airs Monday at 9.)

9 pm Revenge (ABC) | As Emily puts the finishing touches on her final takedown, the Graysons begin to slip through her fingers. (But take comfort in seeing her gorgeous wedding gown from next week’s fall finale.)

9 pm Homeland (Showtime) | Brody’s loyalty to the mission wavers as Lockhart’s confirmation looms.

9 pm Family Guy (Fox) | When Peter and Quagmire form a Simon and Garfunkel-esque folk duo, fame gets to Peter’s head. Conan O’Brien, Nick Kroll (The League) and Carrie Fisher (Star Wars) provide guest voices.

9:30 pm American Dad (Fox) | In a spoof of Breaking Bad (with none of the stomach-turning violence), Hayley discovers Steve can create incredibly realistic fake IDs, and the two begin building an empire.

10 pm The Mentalist (CBS) | Fall finale: The FBI reluctantly enlists Jane to find a missing computer wonk — but he won’t help unless Lisbon is brought on board. Azita Ghanizada (Alphas) guest-stars. (Scoop!)

10 pm Masters of Sex (Showtime) | Masters prepares to present his findings; Dr. DePaul opens up to Virginia.

10 pm Betrayal (ABC) | Jack whisks Sara away for a romantic trip, even as the FBI traks him; T.J.’s reckless behavior turns dangerous.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (37)

• REVENGE! Now that The Walking Dead is over, I can finally go back to watching Revenge live instead of watching it on my TiVo the morning after it airs.

Comment by Matt C. – December 8, 2013 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate that the Bonnie and Clyde thing is on 3 seperate networks- especially on Lifetime because we have to wait another week for the Witches of East End finale….

Comment by Francine – December 8, 2013 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is that why we have to wait?! WTH?!!! They couldn’t wait an extra week for the story tha’s been told 50 times over? Seriously….uhg.

Comment by tp – December 8, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • *that’s *ugh ….typing while being semi-riled up is an obvious way to spelling errors. lol.

Comment by tp – December 8, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • *that’s *ugh ….typing while being semi-riled up is an obvious way **** to spelling errors. lol.

**** Is there a word you want to add here, if you are going to correct people you might want to read over your own post before you send one logic errors galore. No?

Comment by ? – December 8, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Well seeing as how I was correcting myself, NO there is NOT another word I want to add. It is an obvious way to spelling errors. Exactly what is it that you thought I wanted to say? Since you seem to know me better than I know myself.

Comment by tp – December 8, 2013 11:35 AM PDT
      • Hey tp- don’t you think its time they get an edit button on here?! But how ridiculous, I think some people just enjoy putting nasty posts up. Anyway…. yes, it sucks doesnt it? Especially, like you said, Bonnie and Clyde has been done already. By the looks of this one, it doesn’t appear to bring anything new or real to the story. I was looking forward to seeing how WOEE would wrap up. Oh well.

Comment by Francine – December 8, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes an edit button would be a welcome addition! I was wondering why there was a gap. I really didn’t know BnC was on three networks either. I guess because I don’t have any interest in seeing it. I can’t wait to see the WoEE finale. I’m very curious how they will solve Wendy having only one life left, who is Freya’s soulmate, how Penelope is still young, where their brother is….lol…so many questions.

Comment by tp – December 8, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Same here! I really love Wendy, hope she doesn’t die. I didn’t know what to expect from this show but I’ve really been pleasantly surprised. In glad it was renewed.

Comment by Francine – December 8, 2013 02:20 PM PDT
        • Let’s see inducing, making, I could think of many words that should be added there to make it coherent. Maybe a article, it is up to you but please go back and learn grammar and the English language.

Comment by ? – December 8, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • What’s funny is you have no grasp of the English language. My sentence structure is just fine. Yes, those words can be added but don’t need to be. You however obviously don’t know that before any word beginning with a vowel you’re supposed to use “an” not “a”. Don’t worry, I won’t be responding to anything else. I typically don’t feed trolls.

Comment by tp – December 8, 2013 05:37 PM PDT
  • Live: Once Upon A time (Rumbelle Reunion!!!!!!!!) Revenge and Masters of Sex.
    Watch Homeland Later

Comment by Jose – December 8, 2013 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Mentalist. Ready to see Jane back to his old tricks.

Comment by enri – December 8, 2013 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Homeland and Total Divas

Comment by Tran 2.0 – December 8, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see what happens on Revenge!

Comment by Ava – December 8, 2013 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bonnie and Clyde.

Comment by Joey – December 8, 2013 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once,Revenge

Comment by Brandy – December 8, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amazing Race (please please please be Jason and Amy!) and Once.

Comment by Babybop – December 8, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Family Guy
    Bonnie & Clyde

Comment by Miles – December 8, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • REVENGE!! I can’t wait to see what goes down with Lydia back and the wedding taking place next week!!

Comment by iMember – December 8, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Mentalist of course. I can’t wait to see how he messes with the FBI. I knew he wouldn’t help unless Lisbon was there too.

Comment by Bonnie Maynes – December 8, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think I will put this back on my season pass now that RJ is over.

Comment by tp – December 8, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

• Revenge!

Comment by N – December 8, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bonnie & Clyde
    Homeland
    The Mentalist

Comment by Steve – December 8, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mentalist Mentalist Mentalist Mentalist!

Comment by Anonymous. – December 8, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whew,so much on tonight.Live:Once,Revenge and Mentalist…..Online:Lost Girl,Bonnie and Clyde,Homeland and Masters.So much tv!!XD

Comment by Shaun – December 8, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mentalist, Revenge, Family Guy and Homeland

Comment by Bill – December 8, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once Upon a Time

Comment by SK – December 8, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would like to get rid of the FBI agent Kim on the mentalist, she is annoying, and would like Lisbon and Jane back together working on cases without her.

Comment by Gerry – December 8, 2013 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree. She is super annoying. But I do wonder if she and Cho would make an interesting couple. Otherwise, i can’t stand her, but Cho might redeem her.

Comment by Seuss – December 8, 2013 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched the first hour of Bonnie and Clyde and turned it off because it was so boring.

Comment by maggie – December 8, 2013 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Patrick Jane. Glad to see him back working w/Lisbon. That Kim women looks stranger each time I see her. Ugh. What’s up with Cho he is so nasty to PJ.

Comment by timetogo – December 9, 2013 03:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bonnie and clyde yuk mentalist boring fell asleep

Comment by barbara – December 9, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post