Ratings: Race Hits Season High, Mentalist Up

Cobra In My TeethThe penultimate leg of this season’s Amazing Race drew a good crowd. With NFL-related delays in two time zones now factored out, the reality contest ended up with

10.3 million total viewers and a 2.1 demo rating, per finals, marking gains of 30 percent — including a season-high audience.

Leading out of that, The Good Wife also enjoyed increases, up 4 and 23 percent to 10.4 mil and a 1.6.

RELATED | The Good Wife Creators Talk Episode 100′s Mother of a Twist, Will and Alicia’s Future, Kalinda’s New [Spoiler]

The Mentalist, which practically started at 11 pm, drew 9.6 mil and a 1.7, up a tenth from the Red John finale.

RELATED | The Mentalist Recap: Life’s a Beach

Elsewhere:

* ABC’s Once Upon a Time was steady with 6.6 mil/1.9, holding onto its previous episode’s all-time low demo rating.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Recap: No Regrets — Did Regina #SaveHenry?

* NBC Sunday Night Football‘s coverage of the Giants/Redskins game averaged 17.8 mil/6.2, down sharply from last Sunday’s Broncos-Pats match-up (which scored 26.5 mil/9.8).

* Each leading out of repeats, Fox’s Bob’s Burgers (3.4 mil/1.6) and American Dad (3.5 mil/1.7) dipped in both audience and in the demo.

1. Eric7740 says:

OUAT was amazing last night!!! Probably the best episode this season!!!

• Ava says:

Agreed. The first episode this season that gave season 1-like goosebumps.

• Jake says:

I wonder if part of the problem with OUAT has to do with the focus on Henry. I’ve heard many people, including myself, are kind of sick of Henry. I find him to be the least interesting character on the show. While this season has been better than last season, it just didn’t have any emotional stakes since I would have preferred them to leave him there.

• Shandelle says:

Agreed. Henry is annoying. Every time I see the #SaveHenry tag, I want to shout out loud that they just leave him there! Or age up the actor or something. The story line is beyond boring and they made the character so ridiculously stupid this season. The Henry from S1-2 would not have bought any of Pan’s crap.

2. enri says:

The Mentalist was great. I stayed up late to watch it. I’m sure others just dvr’ed it

3. jake says:

I have no idea why the NFL didn’t flex out the Washington game. 2 terrible teams competing for top of the crap pile…no wonder the ratings were bad….

4. b says:

Once was superb. Lana is a force of nature. The range of emotion she protrayed last night was astounding. She deserves an Emmy. I felt every emotion.

5. meem says:

What is WITH football coverage, anyway? It used to be scheduled to end at 7:00 but always went to 7:30. So CBS decided to extend coverage to 7:30, and as soon as they do the games start ending at almost 8:00!! WTF is up with that?

6. Alex Leo says:

The Good Wife was amazing. I have to say last night’s episode was one of the best the show has ever had.

7. tp says:

Once is starting to struggle. I hate this is happening because I love the show but they dragged the Neverland story arc out too long for me. It lost the appeal after 5 episodes. I hope the ratings bounce back.

• Jon says:

Once was falling hard in the ratings by the end of last year, and how do the writers try to fix it? They send the characters running around some cheaply constructed jungle for 11 episodes. I fully expect ABC to pick the show up for season 4, but it sure as hell doesn’t deserve it.

8. JM says:

Glad to see ‘Amazing Race’ doing so well. I love that show! Makes me feel like I’m travelling the world from my couch!
    Hope ‘Once’s’ numbers rise; it’s a great show, and I’m loving this season so far!