Is Bones a Fun Drunk? Did POI 'Hurt' So Good? Gaga Flashes the Muppets?! And More TV Qs!

BonesWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Homeland, Beauty and the Beast, Person of Interest and NCIS: LA!

1 | Has Bones‘ Emily Deschanel ever been funnier than in her delivery of, “What’s a skank? It sounds bad!” And Brennan needs to get drunk more often, yes?

2 | Who’d have guessed that Hawaii Five-0 would employ funnywoman Carol Burnett to make us tear up? And how great that she ended up singing a li’l something for us?

RELATED | Spoilers for HIMYM, Revolution, Revenge, Once, Beast, Justified, Hostages & More

4 | Can Saturday Night Live‘s wardrobe peeps do something to make Cecily Strong not look like a rectangle of dark blazer when anchoring Weekend Update? And did that Haim bass player actually sing with a Claire Danes cry face throughout both numbers?

5 | The Mentalist‘s Patrick Jane is lucky that the chapel custodian didn’t do an extra thorough cleaning and find/remove that gun, huh?

RELATED | Is The Mentalist‘s Red John Saga Truly Over? And 7 More Burning Qs Answered

6 | Note to Homeland‘s Saul: Next time you force a heroin addict to quit cold turkey, maybe remove the furniture and pad the walls of his room first? Also: On top of the lithium and booze, Baby Mathison has a couple Marlboro Lights in its system, too?

7 | Every time you’re starting to warm up to Masters of Sex‘s Bill, doesn’t he do something kinda pervy (like filming Virginia’s face while she was… otherwise engaged)?

8 | On The Good Wife, what happened to Jackie’s dementia? Isn’t it refreshing to hear Jason O’Mara (Life on Mars, Terra Nova, Vegas…) use (a variation on) his native Irish accent? And seriously, has no one told Will that LG is already the name of an electronics company? That’s bad branding!

How I Met Your Mother High Council of Players9 | There’s no way Enver Gjokaj’s Witches of East End character will turn out to be Joanna’s son, is there? Otherwise, how could the show’s writers explain away his crackling chemistry with Joanna’s daughter Ingrid?

10 | Did How I Met Your Mother‘s High Council of Players give you Evil League of Evil vibes?

RELATED | Spoilers on Good Wife, Scandal, HIMYM, Sleepy Hollow, Following, Once and More

11 | Was the tree monster the weakest limb of an otherwise stellar Sleepy Hollow? And what could be the secret involving the captain’s daughter?

12 | Hart of Dixie‘s Zoe is focusing not so much on the guys in her life, but instead on her family? Is this a Hanukkah miracle?

13 | Are Beauty and the Beast fans looking forward to the someday scene where Vincent and Cat, curled up in bed together, make note of the scar he has from when she put a bullet in him?!

14 | Castle‘s Kate surely would have gotten wind, at some point over the past five Thanksgivings, if Rick’s family in fact dressed in costume, right? And was that our good pal Pi that Rick created with his fruit plate arrangement?

15 | With Cee Lo’s lethargic coaching and poor song-selection skills derailing the terrific Caroline Pennell from Person of Interestadvancing past the Top 8, is it time for The Voice to look for a permanent replacement, someone who might have an actual chance of getting to the winner’s circle? And if yes, shouldn’t that someone be Cher?

16 | Johnny Cash’s “Hurt” has been trotted out for TV montages before, but ever as strongly as Person of Interest‘s cold open? And which of this week’s flashback “confessionals” did you find most illuminating?

RELATED | NCIS: LA Season 5 Casts Michelle Trachtenberg in Holiday Episode

17 | NCIS: LA boss Shane Brennan said he was gonna do it, but is anyone nonetheless impressed with how the show has in fact “gone there” with Kensi/Deeks? And then gut-punched when (again, as warned) a big twist tore them apart?

18 | Shouldn’t The Originals‘ Marcel and Rebekah have put a little more thought into their take-down-Klaus plan, beyond getting a bunch of fighters and chains? How about finding a way to temporarily weaken Klaus’ strength in order to capture him?

19 | Let us get this straight: Al Roker butchered Blacklist lead Megan Boone’s name (calling her Megan Brooke) during NBC’s Macy’s parade coverage, but he managed to deliver “Diego Klattenhoff” without incident?

Lady Gaga Muppets20 | Is it any wonder the boy Muppets were so happy dancing with Lady Gaga? (We think we know what Walter is thankful for!)

PHOTOS | Glee First Look: Christmas Brings NYC Elves and Human Window Displays!

21 | Why hire Adam Lambert to guest-star on six episodes of Glee, only to waste him in this week’s “Puppet Master” episode that focused on Blaine’s McKinley hallucinations and Jake-Bree’s pregnancy scare? Didn’t his easy chemistry with Lea Michele, Naya Rivera and Chris Colfer during their two musical numbers have you jonesing to see Elliott get a legit story arc that goes beyond the Pamela Lansbury subplot?

22 | Giada De Laurentiis’ finger-slicing incident notwithstanding, wasn’t Food Network’s “Thanksgiving Live” event not quite as madcap as usual this year — and less fun as a result?

1. Jill says:

Bren was a fun drunk, could have done with out the bar brawl tho, can’t they have fun without her going all cave woman? Guess Booth’s purpose now that they are married is to keep the Jeff team out of jail. First Cam and now the Jeff “girls.” smh

• Stormy says:

IMO Bones isn’t a fun anything. I can’t stand her. I watch it for the rest of the cast.

• skrable2 says:

It always amused me when I see comments such as this, because the vitriol just speaks to how well she plays the character. Brennan is supposed to be a hard-to-like character; her being so allows that cast of supporting characters the space to be quirkily relatable.

It brings to mind what his castmates would say about the late, great Larry Linville’s portrayal Frank Burns on M*A*S*H … that he was doing the heavy lifting for the rest of them and wearing the discomfort of the fans as a badge of honor.

A socially-adept Brennan? You’d have no show.

2. Helen says:

Drunk Brennan was HILAR-I-O-U-S. Emily’s “What’s a skank it sounds bad” was priceless. I was glad Booth and Angela made up, also! And can we talk about one of te cutest Booth and Brennan scenes EVER? Easily one of my favorite episodes of Bones so far.

3. Pearl says:

“3 | Didn’t The Carrie Diaries‘ titular heroine lose her virginity to very little fanfare, especially given her Season 1 issues with sex? And with a guy she’s only been dating for a short while?!”

Let me give you some insight into a girl’s mind. We care to much about our virginity, ’cause that’s how it was taught to us, like the big V was damn important. But we often lose it at a pure mix of curiosity/impulse. That scene was perfectly made. It was someone older, that offered her a level of security, specially by saying that he didn’t want to pressure and was not going to try anything. And it was her choice, cause he was there, it was raining, the afternoon was amazing, he was kind, and she was interested. Simple as that. He made her forget about all the big things attached to losing it, and that’s why she felt it was the time.

4. hmm says:

also, why have rachel earn the lead in a broadway musical if the most we’re going to get is the occasional comment about it? why isn’t this storyline front and center?

5. Samia says:

Drunk Brennan is the best thing EVER !!!
    She should get drunk more often haha !!!
    Emily needs an emmy for her prestation ;) !

6. mspenn1013 says:

#16 that cold opening was beautiful and so well done. I loved Reese’s therapy session the best.

7. Kim R says:

5. Patrick Jane was also lucky that the dude patting him down was an idiot and couldn’t feel the pigeon in his pocket!!!
    8. We were also wondering where Jackie’s dementia went. It was hard for me not to get creeped out a little by Jason O’Mara, expecting him to start flicking a lighter or something. :)
    16. POI’s episode this week was packed from start to finish. Everything was stellar. I will say this though, I can’t forget what Root did to Finch so I kind of hate her.

8. GeoDiva says:

16:POI’s opening with Johnny Cash was great! I was shocked to find out that Shaw was a doctor in her before life. She went from saving lives to taking the with the same lack lf emotion.

• wordsmith says:

Yeah, the doctor reveal was a fascinating (and totally plausible) twist. However, I thought that Fusco’s confession was the most illuminating of the lot – while the others all seemed to be some flavor of indifferent towards death, he was the one who finally came down on the pro-murder side of things.

• Shaw’s reveal was totally the biggest jaw-dropper for me.

• Ange says:

Remember the flash back from the car accident when she was protecting the little girl? The loss of emotion was prevalent when she lost her dad

9. Max says:

Its really sad that Shanne Brennan gave is one episode of kensi And deeks together before he totally ripped them apart im not happy at all,we didnt get any of kissing o the romance that i have been waiting for for such along time he really needs to make them à couple right now its really time for them to become one coz they are perfect for each other true soulmates here.The Densi fans want them together so i really hope that Shane makes it happened and stop messing with us already.

• NC says:

I would totally love some kissing or romantic interaction, but I’m sure I couldn’t get it off of my head that Daniela is pregnant with Eric’s brother baby. I know it’s stupid but I would just keep thinking (if they were to kiss or have a bed scene) she’s your brother girlfriend!

• JA says:

I was thinking this, too. On one hand, I’m glad I know the actors’ real life issues so I understand why the writers ripped them apart. On the other hand, I can’t un-know those facts and they do burst the fiction bubble for me. The only thing that helped was when I went back and watched the best of Densi moments on YouTube (edited together very nicely by Wannabe Wyler, btw) and that helped yank the fictional characters back to the front of my mind and pushed the actors back a little. :)

• Chris says:

I really loved it. Sure it was painful to watch it happen only to get ripped from their fingertips. I don’t mind though because I love the story line behind it. I think this is the best story line for an actress pregnancy cover up. It works well with the show because lets face it there is no way they could have written that in without it drastically changing the shows concept and turning cheesy. So instead they used the pregnancy to enhance the KD storyline before Dani took pregnancy leave. I know she pretaped some other scenes so we will still get moments while she is gone.

10. Dani says:

I know The Good Wife is set in a fictional yet similar world to ours, but it would be hilarious if Lockhart/Gardner was sued by LG due to the name brand.

11. trainwreck says:

9. I hope he is not bcoz:
    a) that would be ubber creepy.
    b) far too obvious that he is interested in witchcraft and knows about asgard.
    I am looking forward too more Wendy Action – the best character of the show!

18) EXACTLY! like in VD, an army of vampires, witches and werewolf wasn’t able to control him and here they think some punk-ass vamps would capture Klaus? Riddi-klaus!

12. Anaïs says:

Didn’t it make you want to watch the season one of deadwood (and not stop there) all over again, when Garret Dillahunt on Raising Hope woke up from his colonoscopy with a crazy eye and babbling about Wild Bill Hicock?

13. Tom Charles says:

~
    Well, yeah but the better question is how many of us actually know what the ELE. Too few know of the Thoroughbred of Sin, Fake Thomas Jefferson, Dead Bowie and the rest.

14. madbengalsfan85 says:

Drunk!Brennan is the best thing ever! Would die happy if we could see it again

15. jane says:

21) It’s sad that Glee is wasting the potential of Demi Lovato and Adan Lamberg in pointless episodes.

16. Linda says:

I loved a drunk Brennan! So nice to see her in an unguarded moment with Booth. A future bathtub scene would be icing on the cake!

17. Matt says:

Adam Lambert is basically playing himself on Glee and he’s bad at it too. Lose the pointless guest stars already.

• Desda says:

One of the reasons I am not watching this season (other than the third ep) is Adam Lambert, so the quicker he is gone, the better.

18. Kat says:

9) Am I the only one who thinks the guy is Ingrid’s dead lover and NOT her brother and THAT’S why he’s so interested in everything? If Ingrid is reborn, why can’t he?

• alison says:

But Ingrid looks exactly the same when reborn, would think he would too, unless he’s a shifter who can change his appearance?

19. scooby says:

Guys, it’s not that hard to understand. Of course Kate figured out Castle was pranking her. That’s why she went and got him a pilgrim costume, then for a second lets him think he successfully embarrassed her in front of his family so that he feels bad for doing it, then springs the gotcha. Saying ‘wouldn’t she have noticed that in five years of knowing Castle and his family traditions?’ only makes sense if you think she was fooled. She wasn’t. Her radar went up when he first mentioned it. Kate and Martha high fived for a reason. The woman’s not stupid. She spotted the trick when he said it. That Rear Window episode proved she has it in her to out-Castle Castle.

• tp says:

This is the reason that Castle isn’t must see t.v for me anymore. I am sick of Kate being so “awesome” at everything and Rick is now a doofus all of the time. Where is the uber confident and charming Castle of the first 2 seasons? It’s like she’s the best at everything and he’s there to play her bungling monkey. I have loved Castle from the first episode but it is quickly losing is luster for me.

• Rich Abey says:

Dude..Kate is awesome #fact! But she wasn’t rubbing her nose on Castle cause he was the one who came up with the ‘thanksgiving tradition’ lie in the first place. To what extent though it’s not clear..maybe to get her to dress up in a fantasy costume (aside frm Lt. Chloe & Nikki Heat)? but surely not to embarrass her..I mean she is his one true love!

• Apples says:

Did we even the see the same episode? The one where Castle’s mastery of parenting skills essentially made Beckett’s ovaries go boom and turn her from not-a-baby-person into a baby-cuddler literally overnight, to the point they’re planning to start a family a couple of years down the line (post-show-ending?).
        I thought Castle was the big “winner” this episode, notwithstanding the fact a relationship isn’t about winning or losing.

• lupe says:

I totally agree with you,Scooby.I’ve been thinking that all this time;)

• leigh says:

Absolutely correct. Kate had Rick pegged. Loved it!

• Rich Abey says:

My thoughts exactly scooby!

• Sorry to correct you, but this isn’t true in this way.

First, if a large part of the audience can’t get such a simple situation the right way (and this question came up almost everywhere), than that scene was either badly written or badly acted/directed. Stana can tell volumes with her face without a word and I have never had the feeling that Beckett KNEW that it is a prank.
      In addition this whole season has been built yet on the premise that they have never talked about anything private outside the screen (she’s realizing after six, but at least one and a half year of love and being together that she has no relation with his family – really?), that it isn’t a far fetched idea that Marlowe wanted to tell that she didn’t know it.

Second, the scene came through to me as if she suspected that MAYBE it’s just a prank and came with a B-plan, just in case, better to be safe than sorry. Definitely not that she knew when she came out of the room – in that case she wouldn’t have been surprised and embarrassed at the first place, than a little pissed (in a “I should have known” way) when it was revealed. If she had known the prank for sure, Beckett should have come out with a fake and mocked surprise, why he wasn’t dressed up yet, not trying to find her words.

Bad writing, selling the background story of the characters (that they should know at least these things about each other after six years) for a joke in a weak plot. And yeah, it’s painful to see that Castle is never allowed to be right, that he always must be the loser in the end.

• Rich Abey says:

Alright then…did you watch “The Lives of Others” by any chance (the 100th episode)? The whole time, most of us fans did not have any clue that it was a fake mystery (of Kate’s design) Castle was solving right until the lights came on & Kate was shown alive & smiling! Us fans could not get a single hint or clue as to this huge deception (for Castle’s benefit of course) from Kate’s facial expressions right till the end. So you tell me whether it was bad writing or excellent writing… Anyway it only added to increase the surprise factor of the curve-balls thrown at us at the very end. In my opinion that’s fantastic writing mate!
        Besides there was a lot going on during this baby episode..finding the baby’s parents, solving the murder, taking care of the baby…so really not much time to focus on Kate’s reaction to the thanksgiving tradition. Besides she had ample time & opportunity to ring up Martha and confirm whether such a tradition exists (otherwise why would they high-five at the end?).

• To TLoO: So, if Kate kept her game face and Castle didn’t give a hint that he knew about HER prank, then Castle was clueless. When Castle was keeping his game face, Beckett didn’t give a hint about knowing HIS prank, then she surely know it? Please, arguments works both ways.

Calling Martha: are you joking? here in this show where we should accept that they have never ever have any talks, conversations outside the screen? because otherwise the “I have no relationship to his family” kind of nonsenses wouldn’t work? In fact the whole baby topic now, one and a half year after they come together is ridiculous: half a year passed after the proposal and they haven’t talked about the basics of being a family? Sorry, writers’ rules also work both way, even when it is uncomfortable. (And you can’t even tell that it wasn’t their intention, it’s just fanwanking that Kate must know.)

Not much time to focus: If I hear it at any show, I start to scream. They don’t play the Ten Commandment, carved into stone. It’s the showrunner’s decision what should be in an episode (because it is important to understand correctly) and what isn’t. If you say that putting a 5 second hint into the episode is above the capabilities of the creators, you yourself judge their creative talents.

High five at the end: Except the real dire situations Martha always enjoys when Castle is tromped over, so it was perfectly in her character to congratulate the other woman for managing keeping the upper hand.

• Sorry, I forgot the most important: if she NEEDED to call Martha whether the tradition exists or not, it makes the original question (i.e. how could it happen that after six years she didn’t know) valid. You talked against your own concept.

20. Kvivik says:

15) Please just make Usher and Shakira permanent judges. If this round has done anything, it has shown us how bad Cee-Lo and X-tina are as talent evaluators. I’m even leaning towards getting rid of Adam cause he seems to be slipping.

• Buffy0531 says:

Except that Adam still has 3 left, and the others have two, or none. Agree about Usher and Shakira though…they didn’t have this outlandish reputation to continue with, and were truly pleasant surprises. Looking forward to seeing them again next season.

21. DavidSask says:

I think Ceelo leaving the show would be great but am sure the money is good for him so he won’t unless he is fired! Cher would be great replacemenet however she now has world tour!

• DenverDean says:

15) I don’t know why NBC kept Cee-Lo on TV with the allegations that are against him. It would seem that he should’ve had another “break” until this get resolved. It sounds like that may be the root of his distraction.

22. Brandy says:

12.yes.Wish get back to awesome season one and have be a doctor more than a few times a season.
    13.Yes.
    18 definatley
    9 I’ve been thinking he’s actually Frederic
    3yes.dissapointing

23. DanielleZ says:

16. The use of Johnny Cash’s cover of Hurt at the start of POI was awesome. To think Trent Reznor NIN wrote and performed the original. Shaw’s confessional was the most interesting to me. I was racking my brain trying to remember an earlier episode where it was revealed she was a doctor. Reese’s confessional was also a surprise, or not a surprise as far as the way it turned out.

24. lame says:

To quote Richard Castle” quit ruining a good story with your logic.”

25. A says:

15) yes! Usher is the best coach to ever coach on The Voice and should take over as the fourth judge full time

26. Rich Abey says:

#14.
    Well Kate wasn’t fooled by Rick’s little white lie, what with her bringing along a ‘pilgrim’ costume & high-fiving Martha..obviously the two were in it together and more to the point Kate must have noticed the lack of such a tradition for thanksgiving in the Castle household for the past 5 yrs (given that they were practically attached to the hip).
    That fruit plate did bear a frightening resemblance to Pi…is he finally rubbing off on Castle (like he did with Martha)? Yikes!

27. Alexia says:

#16. I found Fusco’s therapy to be the most illuminating. It showed a ruthless side to him that obviously existed before he met and worked with Carter. I was also happy that based on the therapy session, when he had a chance to kill Simmons and revert to who he was when the therapy session took place, he didn’t because he didn’t want to undo all the good that Carter had helped him recognize in himself.

28. Connie says:

Nice cold opening for POI. Can’t think of a more appropriate song.

Something that’s been bugging me though – why didn’t Carter’s number come up? Did miss something or is that a weaksauce plot hole?

Shaw and Root (especially) are annoying. Interested to see what happens now with Carter gone.

• Susan says:

In Devil’s Crossing, the phone ringing when Finch was walking toward Reese and Carter was The Machine with her number. It was never spelled out because the connection was right there for the audience to connect the dots.

29. Sandra says:

I’m a little taken back that you would use the word gut punched in reference to that NCISLA ep, the real question I had was why did the show present Kensi punching her partner in anger on his recently operated on jaw as nothing she needed to apologize for? Nothing that bothered Deeks? Deeks grew up in abusive home which Kensi knew but whatever, she’s pissed, she’s gonna punch him so hard she is shaking her hand. I loathe pulling this, but if Deeks had punched Kensi in anger in the exact same way, it would not be blown off and just ignored by you or the fans. Partner violence is wrong, period. She hit him. Kensi hit someone who likely grew up being hit in anger by his father. but okely dokely, that’s not something you’ll ask Shane Brennan about or even question here. It really disturbs me.

• Chris says:

It was just Kensi letting her emotions get the best of her. If we know anything about her its that she doesn’t handle emotions well. The reality of the situation the fact that Deeks and her getting closer caused him to change how he acted in the field was just something she couldn’t handle or process in that moment. She struck out in anger instead. Its not promoting domestic abuse in the least. Don’t go making mountains out of molehills. I’m not saying what she did was right but Its a far stretch to abuse. I’d like to think she would have apologized to him that night had she not been reassigned.

• Apples says:

Yes I totally agree, that moment completely poisoned the rest of the episode for me. Especially as Kensi didn’t even apologise or acknowledge her mistake (as she did for a far more minor mistake with Sam and Callen later).
      Deeks deserves a better partner (in every sense of the word) than one who lashes out in anger and socks him with a right hook. Especially given his abusive childhood, not to mention recent dental surgery and trauma.

30. Connie says:

^ @Sandra good point! I found the scene ridiculous also and wasn’t even aware that Deeks came from an abusive home.

• Chris says:

In one of the early episodes we learn that Deeks shot his father at the age of 11 because he was a drunk and because his dad had a shot gun pointed at him.

31. Eds says:

I want to see more Adam Lambert on Glee as well. The puppet episode was pretty lame all around. I would love a Rachel/Elliott duet!

32. Kurt says:

The Hawaii Five-0 episode was excellent! Alex O’Loughlin and Carol Burnett played really well off each other. I wasn’t sure how the lounge act singing scene would go over but it was really well done and fit so well with the story. CB’s still got it! The writing had started to slip a little imo but is very good again this season. Add that to all the pretty (the cast and tropical scenery) and it’s must see on Fridays! Fun and sexy!

33. mabell says:

You mentioned Al Roker’s mistake but the funniest part of NBC’s coverage of the the parade was when Savanah Guthrie said that a balloon was from “How to Drain Your Dragon.” You can hear Matt and Al loosing it in the background. SOOOOO funny!

34. Katiebug says:

1. – Bones – Terrible. This show has sunk
    2. – H5O – Love Carol Burnett
    11. – Sleepy Hollow – the monster trees were a bit over the top (imo)
    14. – Castle – Used to be a good show
    20 – I can’t say how bad this was. Who would think to put muppets and Gaga together? Definitely not for kids.
    21. – I definitely think Adam Lambert needs more screen time (and I think he will in upcoming episodes). He is a great entertainer. I do not think he is a good ‘actor’ though. He would have more chemistry with a microphone that with Chris or Lea.

• Rich Abey says:

Seriously..”14. – Castle – Used to be a good show”? You sure we both watch the same show? If you were a proper Castle fan (and not just one who turns up for the finale or premiere) you would know that Castle is still as good as ever…at least 95% of the Castle fandom would agree with me. Or else why in the world would this seasons ratings be up from last seasons’? (the ratings in fact have been up continuously for the past 3 seasons!)

• LOL, since when it is required to be a “proper fan” to have an opinion? And what if she (I think she from “katie”) is among the 5% fans who even according to you disagree with you? Please try to be a little less pushy about how other people should think.

Ratings: Average rating of the first half of the seasons: S3: 2,58 S4: 2,52, S5: 1,99 S6: 2,07 Best Episodes in the first half: S3: 2,9 S4: 3,2 S5: 2,2 S6: 2,2

The average dropped from season to season (in S6 there were no singled out episode in December, which usually fared about 0.2-0.3 point worse than the average, so that’s how the 0.08 pont up was achieved), the best episode was on par with last season and well below the two previous years. The only thing which ticked up is the L+7 ratings, it went up 0.1, probably thanks to the TNT marathons

Castle is a very solid show with a proven and loyal audience and very valuable to the channel. That’s true and nobody denies this. But it’s ratings are nowhere up.

• Apples says:

TVBTN has a very good rule- the Gunsmoke rule. If you want to compare ratings, you should only compare to the previous season. Changing viewerships habits thanks to cable, online viewing etc since Castle premiere mean those ratings from the early days are not at all comparable to the current ratings.
          Castle is up year-to-year (that December episode conjecture is pointless). That is all.
          I don’t agree with Rich singling out someone for not liking the show or not being a “true fan”. Some people like Castle as it is, some people don’t. That’s fine. Tastes are subjective. But your analysis of the numbers is very flawed.

• Sorry, but if you can’t compare previous seasons, than what does “up” means? Castle didn’t go “up” even in year to year comparison. (Not to mention that it wasn’t me who stated that it went up continously in the past three seasons.) Please put numbers behind your words as I did.
            Out of the five fall seasons of the show, four had a single episode in December, after an at least one week long hiatus. All the times it had the season’s worse rating, tipically below by 0.6-0.3 points comparing to the last, sequenced episodes. I’m curious to learn how omitting the lowest number (which is at least 15% lower than the rest) from a row doesn’t affect the average of that row.

• Apples says:

Familiarise yourself with it: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/06/03/we-of-the-gunsmoke-rule-mourn-the-passing-of-james-arness/94636/
            The rule holds that the only worthwhile comparison is with a show’s ratings in the previous season and no further back.
            We have no idea how a December episode would or would not have rated this year. However, if you wish to compare to last year, simply omit that and compare the episodes till the end of Nov. I’m not particularly interested in digging out the numbers, I just wanted to point out the big mistake you were making by going back so many years.

• Michael says:

Rich — since when do fans have to drink the “show is awesome” all the time? I’m so SICK of fans like you. At least some of us call the show bad and when it warrants it and call it good when it warrants it.

Perhaps if more fans were CRITICAL of the slop they shovel to fans we’d get better quality episodes and not half-backed crimes that resurrect dead characters (Disciple) to tell a story.

I’m a fan. But I’m also willing to call stuff crap when it’s crap.

That doesn’t make me not a fan. It makes me a REALISTIC fan. It makes me honest!

35. Kristopher says:

7 – I didn’t find it ‘pervy’ especially since they have had sex together (in the name of science of course). I thought it was to clue any viewers in that might be a little slow into the fact that he actually has feelings for her.

15 – As much as I like the chemistry between Cee Lo and the others I would love to see Cher as a judge. I think they need to let the contestants choose all of their own songs once the live rounds start. That way the judges can’t be blamed at all for the song choices.

21- Amen. Not sure why they didn’t somehow fit him into a storyline with Rachel’s big broadway break and let that be front and center. They seem to adamant about us caring about the newbies even though (in my opinion) they have never clicked like the original group.

36. Regarding Person of Interest: I don’t really care if other shows have already used this number, because that three and a half minute was pure excellence in its own right. About the flashbacks: to me Fusco’s was the best. Partly because it was a new information about him and even more because it foreshadowed that he will be the one who pull the trigger – which the writers finally avoided with a very good twist. IMHO that’s the real mastery of writing multidimensional characters. (I’m not talking about the acting, Kevin Chapman is fantastic.)

37. Jamey says:

I would really love to see Usher and Shakira back! I thought they were much better judges! I agree Cee Lo did a horrible job on song selection with Caroline. He did not play to her strengths at all.

38. Patrice McIntosh says:

I watch Person of Interest every week and Reese and Carter was my two favorite stars on the show. Now that you have killed of Carter, you really killed it for me!

39. barbara says:

i thought bones was great she had her typical bones comments which makes her bones but her being drunk was so funny. castle good episode no pi was a plus i liked how everyone interacted with the baby especially lanie and castle. snl just keeps getting worse not funny at all. personally don’t care for deeks and kensy together. goodwife alicia and cary together perfect. person interest awesome start with shaw and john. root with her two guns something else she’s still a fruitloop and has an agenda. fusco wow he got payback knocking the crap out of simmons fusco such a great actor. shaw did good also and liked finding out about her past. and lastly elias was also awesome he was so calm but he liked carter and did a good job eliminating simmons i hope they keep him luved him on flashpoint and just shoot me. poi was #1 show

40. Jenny says:

Love these TV q’s!

41. anonymous says:

As amazing as the “cliffhanger” was at the end of The Good Wife’s 100th episode, they never addressed the previous episode’s cliffhanger. Will we find out why Judge Kluger (Jeffrey Tambour) called Alicia in the final seconds of “Whack-a-Mole”? Did I miss something this week or was that simply left unaddressed?