Ratings: Elementary Up, Parks Slips to New Low

On The LineCBS had a good night this Thursday, with all of its shows either rising or, worst case, holding steady.

Opening the Eye’s line-up, Big Bang (18.9 million total viewers, 5.3 demo rating per finals) was up a tenth, while The Millers (11.8 mil/2.8) added eyeballs and two tenths in the demo. Come 9 o’clock, The Crazy Ones (8.6 mil/2.2) ticked up a tenth, then Two and a Half Men (8.7 mil/2.1) was flat.

Elementary wrapped things up with 9.2 mil and a 1.8, rising 7 percent and two tenths.

Elsewhere….

ABC | Wonderland (3.5 mil/0.9), Grey’s Anatomy (8.5 mil/2.6) and Scandal (8.8 mil/2.9) all held steady, with Grey’s matching last week’s series low.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Recap: Couples, Retreat!
RELATED | Scandal Recap: (Love) Made in Vermont

NBC | Parks and Recreation‘s double-episode outing averaged 2.8 mil/1.0, down a tenth to a new series low. Sean Saves the World (2.9 mil/0.9) and Michael J Fox (2.9 mil/0.9) both added eyeballs while flat in the demo. Parenthood (3.7 mil/1.2) lost a couple of viewers but held onto its series low rating.

RELATED | Parenthood Recap: Election Results, a Brutal Brawl, 5 Missed Calls and a Stunning Song

THE CW | With football now factored out, both Vampire Diaries (2.7 mil/1.3) and Reign (1.81 mil/0.7) were flat.

RELATED | Vampire Diaries Recap: Addicted to Blood

FOX | With football now factored out, The X Factor (5.5 mil/1.5) rose two tenths, while Glee (4.1 mil/1.4) was flat.

RELATED | The X Factor Top 10 Results Recap: Did the Right Acts Get Booted?
RELATED | Glee Recap: Shake, Rattle and…Joel!

1. JJM says:

I have no idea how Reign continues to grow… I’ve only heard negatives things. I guess bad publicity is still good publicity though…

• Ranna says:

It will be adjusted down. The CW was preempted in Atlanta (8th largerst market) so their ratings are inflated. I wouldnt be surprised if it adjust down to 0.5-0.7 demo.

• ggny says:

There is no way Atlanta being preempted will bring the ratings down that much. Guessing 2mil with 0.7 which would be amazing for The CW at 9pm on a Thursday

• Atlanta isn’t a small market. And in fast nationals everything that aired at 8-10 PM on CW is included in these ratings. In the finals we will see how reign actually did. And might i remind you what happened on Monday. Castle got a 2.3 in the fast nationals and was adjusted to a 1.9 ( that’s an adjustment of 0.4) due to preemption’s. And Boston is the 7th largest market, just 1 rank lower then Boston.

• lol that was meant to say that Boston is 1 rank higher then Atlanta market.

• DenverDean says:

Yes, but the Patriots have a FAR more devoted following than the Falcons, who even when winning, don’t draw stellar ratings. Also, Castle aired when the game was in the middle of a fantastic finish – Reign more in middle of game. I’d be shocked if it was a .4 drop, but you never know.

• ggny says:

Its ends up with a 0.7 which is pretty good for CW

• Bonquiqui says:

that’s weird I’ve only heard good things about it. the buzz before it aired was that it would be a flop but I gave it a chance anyway and I was pleasantly surprised and from what I’ve read so were a lot of other people. then again BATB had decent ratings last year but it’s ratings this year have been awful.

• dude says:

It’s received mostly positive reviews by critics so I don’t know where these negative things you’ve been hearing are coming from and atm it is my favourite CW show. It’s very well written, it’s SUCH a soapy guilty pleasure, Mary is probably the best written female character on the CW and the fashion is amazing. Historically accurate? No but it’s very enjoyable.

• Allen says:

I too have only heard good things…I wasn’t planning to watch it, but I’m going to catch up and decide for myself…hope the good buzz is true

• Brandy says:

I’ve some negative-complaints about historical accuracy-but a lot of what I’ve heard is positive:people expected to hate it but ended up loving it

• Maki says:

Any kind of press is good press. The 9p.m. slot is a vulnerable place and with Grey fans ditching the show, Glee being awful for 2 seasons and Nbc not putting on a big fight Reign gets their 5 minutes of fame. I mean it’s a solid show, it’s a new cast interesting story so people are giving it a chance.

2. Eddie says:

I feel for you Parks, I really do. Not a more deserving show of good ratings.

• Amie says:

Both episodes of Parks and Recreation were amazing last night, as usual. I want a spirit dog! Or maybe I’m a cat. How this show is not attracting ten or twelve million people a night, I have no idea. Oh, wait. It’s on NBC. That explains it right there.

3. Eric7740 says:

Come on Crazy Ones!!! Best new comedy this year!!! Far better and funnier than The Millers.

4. nateddog says:

Holy hell Reign… CONGRATS

5. M says:

the only reason the millers is getting viewers is because of the time slot after the bbt..switch the day it is on and watch what happens

6. Jared says:

NBC, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MOVE PARKS AND REC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Patrick says:

To where? NBC’s only, and I mean ONLY, valuable real estate right now is after The Voice. NBC’s biggest problem in the last half decade is that it doesn’t have any shows capable of establishing a beach head on any given night. There is nothing to get people to turn the TV on, and leave it on. NBC needs to abandon its Thursday night comedy lineup. Must See TV is dead. Air the Voice on that night. I might try to move the comedies to Monday night. Once HIMYM is gone next year, CBS’s Monday nights might be in some trouble.

NBC just doesn’t have any hits that make people stick around to see what is next. And, PandR bears some of the blame. The show is great now, but its first season was a disaster. They lost viewers and never got them back.

7. Babygate says:

Grey’s falls to new lows and I’m not even mad. It’s obvious that the loyal viewers are aging out of the 18-49 demo. But its also obvious that this season is a disaster. What they are doing to the characters is unforgivable. A weak Bailey is hard and unappealing to watch. MerDer are like roommates that barely speak. Mer and Cristina are feuding and we’re no longer clear why. Webber is annoying. Leave the hospital already. Alex has been painted into the background and paired up with a much younger resident that makes him look pervy. Avery has turned into a whiny boy-toy for Stephanie and they have zero chemistry. Callie has turned into Arizona’s doormat. After standing up for herself she takes back the cheating wife who is so overcome by grief over their separation that she has to find her own sex toy to help her heal. And once again she hooks up with someone in the same hospital where her wife works. So, so many things wrong with that storyline. Arizona is despicable and unredeemable. Shane is unwatchable and Cristina kissing him was all kinds of gross. Only resident I like is Leah because of how dirty Arizona played her. And Owen with Emma feels a lot better than the always-conflicted Crowen. Maybe if the ratings continue to tank it will finally get Shonda’s attention.

• MP says:

I think they’re going to run Grey’s into the ground and only pull it when no one is left watching, rather than let it go out gracefully on a high (or higher) note. Such a shame. I’m a longtime Grey’s fan, but last night’s episode was among the worst. I think Bailey’s storyline is ridiculous and I don’t like the arc of Meredith’s and Cristina’s relationship as of late. I thought it was interesting in the beginning showing what sometimes happens with friendships as life heads in different directions for two people, but now it just seems mean between them. I also think Stephanie and Avery have zero chemistry, but this is something I’ve been seeing a lot on different shows I watch…writers just throwing people together for the sake of it, chemistry be dammed. I really enjoyed the scene between Avery and April when they were talking about wedding invitations. They still have chemistry, to me anyway, I know a lot of people don’t like them together.

• Babygate says:

I though the Halloween episode was the best but they followed it with what I thought was the worst episode ever. Then we had the Callie-centric which I thought was one of the best ever and once again they followed a good one with a horrible one. Last night’s topped the list of ‘worst ever’ in my book. Maybe it’s a good think that they have ruined this show we once loved. It will make it easier to let it go. I’ve already reached the point of not even looking forward to it. And that’s big for me…

8. ggny says:

i really see Grey’s Ratings bottom out big time once Cristina leaves. Mer/Cris is pretty much the reason alot of people still watch and now they are going through a terrible storyline that makes no sense at all

9. c says:

YES! So happy Elementary is up again!

10. Tim says:

I thought TBBT was hilarious last night – with one huge exception. I don’t believe Bernadette’s father would have put up with Howard’s constant insults to his mother. Am I wrong, or was it a bit extreme with the weight jokes and Howard’s mom last night?

• Anglophile says:

I thought the same thing. My husband’s mother is very large and he would never say things like that out loud. It was over the top and mean spirited.

• Patrick says:

TBBT is extremely mean spirited. Most of the characters are pretty mean to each other now. Insult humor is what the show was built on.

11. Emily says:

‘Pending Football Adjustments’ … yeah, you got reason why FOX upticked (especially Glee) in demo last night.
    These past two Grey’s Anatomy episodes have been amazing. I really hope the viewers start coming back.
    I’m sad for Parks and Recreation. The show is all quality and no one has really seemed to latch on. It looks like this will be the last season, unless someone like Netflix picks it up or something. :(

• Alex says:

I disagree about Grey’s. I was SO bored last night! I’m a big fan of the show, but it mostly stinks this season.

• Babygate says:

Last night was one of the worst ever. Every character we’ve ever cared about has been turned upside down and become the opposite of anything we’ve ever loved about them.

• Jade says:

I did not care for last week’s Grey’s because I don’t want Callie and Arizona back together — I like the characters individually and find them boring together– but the episode last night was pretty good. I hate Mertina with a passion so I’ve been happy since the rift started. But Alex and Cristina were stupid with the sex talk, like 20 somethings. I have nothing against Owen and Emma. Why not? Cristina dumped him. Shane and Cristina, meh. Totally in character for her to kiss a subordinate defending and worshipping her, on the lips no less. We’ll have to see where this goes.

12. Karen says:

So glad reign did well last night. I am loving this show . It’s a new favorite for me. Really hoping for a second season.

13. Liz says:

why does NBC wants Parks and Rec to die???? It’s easily the best comedy on tv!

14. Ron says:

I am so disappointed about Parks and Rec. Both episodes last night were great. But NBC can’t produce a non-reality hit if their lives depended on it. They have *some* good shows (e.g., Parks and Rec, Community), but NBC continues to push their comedies on Thursday. Are NBC execs that stupid that they don’t understand if they keep relegating their comedies to Thursday, they won’t have any comedies. As much as TBBT sucks, you can’t deny they get killer ratings, and any comedy that goes up against it will lose BIG. The writing is on the wall — Parks and Rec will likely be cancelled all because NBC would rather throw away a good, critically-acclaimed comedy because they’re stuck in the 90s and insist that must-see TV Thursday’s is still viable.

15. Laura E. says:

Did people even know Parks was on? I watch very few shows on NBC–Parks, Grimm, SVU are it for prime time, so I have no idea if NBC even airs promos. And I don’t think that the all the articles that misrepresented Parks’ hiatus helped. I bet even people who normally watch the show had no idea it was on this week or last.

16. Do the ratings include DVR recorded shows. Because I DVR everything and watch later. Who has time to sit for hours any more. Better to record and fast forward through the commercials. This allows you to watch part of the show again. If I like a particular song I can see it again tomorrow. Also, episodes are available on iTunes and Amazon the next day. Does anyone track those sales?
    Demographic are changing with age groups overlaying into each other. I love that 18-49 one because of course this means when you turn 50 you stop listening to the same music, watching the same TV shows, you buy different clothes and eat different food just because you are 1 year older. hahahahaha……
    Someone needs to tell all those recording artists when they turn 50 they have to start singing different music for a different older demographic audience.

17. laila says:

so happy for elementary. its my favorite show, getting better with each episode. jonny lee miller is brilliant !! this is the first Sherlock I actually like as person though he is still as annoying and inconsiderate as always !! i love how all characters grow throughout the season. keep it up elementary :)