Is Newsroom Duo Irresistible? Fosters' Mane Attraction? Wrecked Parks Heroine? More Qs!

The Newsroom Hope DavisWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Parks and Recreation, Devious Maids, The Bridge and Rookie Blue!

1 | We know Will and Mack are The Newsroom‘s endgame, but doesn’t Hope Davis make you want to see him try to make a go of it with shifty gossip columnist Nina? And are you as much of a sucker for the show’s physical comedy — like Don falling over in his tiny desk chair — as we are? Also, when is Jim coming home?!

RELATED | Spoilers on NCIS, Grey’s, Mentalist, Nashville, Castle, Good Wife, Homeland and More

2 | Now that Devious Maids‘ Rosie is engaged in a torrid affair with her employer Spence, isn’t it time she stopped putting “Mr.” in front of his Christian name?

3 | How did Russell manage to win Food Network Star‘s “Restaurant: Impossible” challenge while abandoning his “Seven Deadly Sins” point of view, while Damaris was criticized for failing to stick with her typical southern-style recipe? Could Giada’s pretty obvious mini-crush on the former finalist have helped his cause?

4 | What’s going to cause The Voice‘s demise faster: NBC’s insistence on two cycles per year, or the show’s judges maintaining at the TCA press tour this week that its main purpose isn’t to discover and launch the careers of future singing stars?

5 | How is it that everything that Switched at Birth‘s Jace does just makes us dislike him more? Case in point: What should have been a dig at Chef Jeff – he never learned sign language, but Jace did – just came off as arrogant, right?

The Fosters6 | How refreshing was it to see Wyatt on The Fosters not act like a jealous boyfriend and instead tell Callie to follow her heart? And shouldn’t that mane of his have its own billing by now?

7 | Which Breaking Pointe visual was more disturbing: last week’s shot of Ronnie’s festering incision or this week’s look at Allison’s busted toe?

RELATED | Spoilers on NCIS, New Girl, Glee, Castle, Flash, NCIS: LA, Scandal, SVU and More

8 | Is it possible that Michelle Fairley is more of a ballbuster on Suits than the mighty Game of Thrones?

9 | How did the judge manage to fault Alan’s absolutely effortless salsa on So You Think You Can Dance, while barely criticizing his partner Malece for her lack of hip action and stamina? And is it just us, or is there a general lack of chemistry among almost all the partners this season?

10 | Doesn’t the success of any Capture team in large part depend on the stealthiness of the camera man who is accompanying them? Also, how overproduced-yet-chintzy looking is the elimination/voting ritual?

11 | How in the world is Leslie Knope going to survive without Ann Perkins?!

12 | What fan-desired project has a better chance of getting made: the long-talked-about Friday Night Lights movie or the Buffy movie Sarah Michelle Gellar (very lightly) floated this week?

The Bridge13 | Dear The Bridge: Are we really supposed to believe there’s a newspaper in America that would run a live video feed of a kidnapped woman dying of dehydration in an isolated desert location?

14 | Big Brother‘s Jessie might not have been a nominee this week, but couldn’t we just evict her for that awkward, tearful speech she gave to Howard shortly after the nomination ceremony?

15 | Doesn’t the world seem a little more right now that Mary Lynn Rajskub is officially bringing Chloe to 24: Live Another Day?

16 | Who’s finding ABC’s Motive the perfect summer procedural — not so complicated that it taxes the brain, but smart enough that its various twists and turns always wrap in satisfying fashion?

RELATED | Rookie Blue Season 4 Spoilers — Hope for Andy/Sam?

17 | Is Rookie Blue‘s Gail about to switch teams?! There was a spark between her and “Brennan,” right?

18 | How did Project Runway get all the way from Yoplait to an unconventional Coney Island materials challenge?

19 | Haven’t John Oliver and The Daily Show writing staff been on fire with their coverage of Anthony Weiner and Bob Filner? (And shouldn’t the show thank the heavens that Oliver’s had such made-to-be-mocked news events happen during his time in Jon Stewart’s chair?)

20 | In light of all the Saturday Night Live cast departures, which “Weekend Update” character are you more excited to see get more airtime next season: Drunk Uncle, or The Girl You Shouldn’t Have Started a Conversation With at a Party?

21 | Anyone else find themselves mildly obsessed with the Double Divas Season 2 promo set to Rob Base & DJ Ez Rock’s “It Takes Two”?

1. Samantha says:

I thought the same thing about Gail! There was definitely a spark!

• Dew says:

Charlotte Sullivan sparks with literally everyone on-screen. For goodness’ sake for awhile there Gail actually managed to make Nick seem like less of a dullard. It’s an embarrassment of riches – Peckstein, Chris…the 10-second scene at the end of last season with Swarek at The Penny when Nick and Andy respectively stood them up.

• Bianca says:

Gosh, I felt so innocent now. I thought she was gonna get interested in Forensics or something. Does everything really have to be only about romance-sex-relationships in this show.. Besides they seem incapable of finding lovers outside the workplace, which is unrealistic.

2. I’m waiting for a question about Camp.. Like- Who else thinks that Mac and Cole need to get it on?!
    Don’t you watch that show?- Shame on you ! ;-)

3. wrstlgirl says:

I really like Wyatt so I hope that’s not the last we see of him and Callie, oh and of course his wild mane.

• Nick says:

Unfortunately most likely, cause in a sneak peek of next weeks episode, he tells Callie that he’s moving to Indiana

• Erika says:

Well that just sucks. Why would they spend all that time developing his character only to have him go away.

• wrstlgirl says:

I guess we’ll see. I don’t put much stock in previews because they are so deceiving but if Callie and Brandon are going to get together I don’t know what Wyatt would do on the show. I guess they could just be friends.

• Samantha says:

I like Callie with Wyatt much more than with Brandon. Callie and Brandon together weirds me out. Even though it is in no way technically incestuous, it still feels like it is to me.

• I understand that though i think the main problem is that the actor playing Brandon is bland. And also Mitchell and Saxon have a chemistry which doesn’t exist between Mitchell and the actor playing Brandon.

it would really bummed me out if we’re have to say goodbye to Wyatt.

4. M says:

Veto on the Nina.

5. Sara says:

I hate Jace & his smug face…. HATE HATE HATE HIM.

• Lauren says:

To be honest, while I don’t like Jace, seeing Chef Jeff reminded me how much more I hated him. Daphne has the worst taste in guys, seriously.

6. Joel says:

I don’t know if the girl you shouldn’t have started a conversation with at a party will be as funny without Seth Meyers reactions.

7. Leah says:

11. It makes me very sad to think about Leslie without her beautiful tropical fish! BUT. I’m sure the show will be fine. Ann and Chris (whose relationship I was never invested in) will get their happy ending. But most importantly…fingers crossed for more Donna time!

8. Daisy says:

13. MSNBC showed a picture of a dead body lying in a crime scene so yes, some network would be tacky enough to show that. However, I tried but I just can’t get on board with this show. I’ve officially jumped off of this bridge. <— see what I did there?

• IMHO says:

I would have to agree.
      Someone either a 24hr news station or a news website would show it get the attention and then issue an apology acting like they’re sorry for showing it in the first place.
      I an really trying to like the Bridge but it’s difficult. I’m about ready to give it up.

• brycealexander says:

Okay but a LIVE FEED? No.

• Daisy says:

I disagree. Like “IMHO” said, they’d show the live feed and then apologize later. That’s exactly how the aforementioned dead body was shown on MSNBC.

9. Whatever says:

Love the Devious Maids and if you’re seeing him naked in your spare time the Mr. is kinda unnecessary.

10. JJ says:

#7 – I’m so sorry that The Fosters chose to go the Callie/Brandon route. Wyatt has turned out to be a really cool guy and I think he has loads more chemistry with Callie than Brandon does. And yes…really cool hair.

11. Kim R says:

Wow…I was way down the list before we hit something I actually watch! :)
    19. Yes…John Oliver & co. have been on fire with their coverage of Weiner but I would not say they should thank their lucky stars…I think they would be on fire regardless of the subject. Oliver has been excellent.
    20. Drunk Uncle. Hands down. :)

12. Erika says:

16 – Yes! I am loving Motive. I’ve never seen the female actress before but she is great and I love her character. Please, please, please bring it back next summer ABC!

• Erin says:

Agreed, I want ABC to pick it up. In Canada it aired in the spring and it got picked up for Season 2 there.

• Louise says:

I don’t disagree, but it irks me that they never say where in the world they are. The show is clearly filmed in Vancouver (they make no effort to hide license plates and land marks), but it’s also clearly not set there or in any real place for that matter. They’re in some unnamed North American city. It’s odd.

• Sheila says:

They do that with all of those Canadian cop shows, like Flashpoint and Rookie Blue. Do they think Americans are gonna bail if we find out the show takes place over the border? “Is that a Tim Hortons? I’M OUT!!!”

• liz says:

Its not that they think Americans will freak out, but American networks. These shows are produced with the goal of selling to the US networks (and they are pretty worried about everything). But I think its shifting…shows like Continuum and Lost Girl are *clearly* Canadian and say so and they do just fine.

13. Sally says:

15 should have been at 1! All hail the return of Jack and Chloe! :D

Newsroom is so good, and surprisingly, I think Will and Nina are good together, but Will and Mac are even better.

Agree with how pretentious and arrogant Jace is, even though he MAY be trying to be nice.
    Trying too hard! He’s overstayed his welcome now

Devious Maids is getting better with every episode. Rosie is great, but Carmen is my favorite!

14. DL says:

1. Yes, and yes!
    20. Drunk Uncle all the way (hopefully with another surprise appearance by Peter Drunklage).

15. GeoDiva says:

How about….How did Falling Skies’ Tom Mason escape from Boston and the aliens and end up in Charleston 1 day later in a brand new sailboat?

16. Erin says:

6. Yes it was very refreshing and sweet.
    16. I love Motive. It is amazing and interesting and different. It is the perfect summer procedural.
    17. Yes indeed Gail is about to switch teams.

17. JK says:

Motive turned out to be a really good show. The lead actors are great and some of the stories are really interesting and compelling.

18. Eliza says:

#17. Yes. Thought exactly the same thing. And I am for it…I liked their chemistry.

19. C. says:

About Switched at Birth and Jace (who cannot be any more unlikeable at this point): is it really possible to become so fluent in ASL on two weeks?

• Eli says:

Well first I think it was more than two weeks, but yeah, he’s basically portrayed as a “savant” at learning new things and there are real people like that (they are very rare though), so it is possible yes.

• C. says:

Ok, maybe it was a bit more than two weeks (I don’t remember exactly what he said, except that it was his new “thing”) but even if it was in a month, I still don’t find it very believable to NEVER hesitate for vocabulary or the such in only a month or so of practice. But yes, why not.

20. Cheryl says:

7. I just don’t understand where this Brandon/Callie thing is going. How old is she? 16 or 17? Do they really think they can hide the fact they are in a relationship while living together in the same house for an entire year? (until callie turnes 18 and is on her own). There is no way that will happen so the alternatives are A) they get found out and Callie gets tossed in a group home or B) Brandon moves to his Dad’s house. I don’t that would happen because they made such a big deal already of Brandon chosing not to do that. Also, I’m not sure it would work anyway because he would still be her foster brother even if he isn’t living there. I’m not necessarily opposed to those two getting together I’m just concerned how the show is going to pull it off without doing something that ruins all credibility.

21. Anna says:

#6 – Ha! Yes he has some fabulous hair. Lena is sporting quite the attention grabbing do as well. Seriously, I think they should be nominated for a supporting actress roll.
    #16 – Yes. I really like Motive. Fingers crossed that ABC gives us a second season.
    #20 – I’m pretty sure that I will give up on SNL this year.

22. Annie R. says:

Tho’ Wyatt/Alex Saxon’s mane *is* admirable, it ain’t got nothin’ on Lena/Sherri Saum’s.

23. Richard says:

#2. “Christian name”????? That’s a big assumption.

• Alia says:

“Christian name” is just another phrase for “first name” or “given name.” They’re not making any insinuations about his belief system or anything.

• Deb says:

I’m English and your first name is referred to as your Christian name. Your last name is your surname. Just different terminology.

24. sarah says:

9) I know I am not sure what all the love for Malece is. She is good but IMO she should not be in the top 10.
    I do disagree as I think Aaron and Jasmine, Paul and Mackenzie and Curtis and Hayley all have well in Curtis’ case had chemistry.
    17)Yes the preview shows her kissing Brennan next week which I am not sure if I like. The storyline is working of Mistresses but I do not know about Gail and Brennan.

25. Chablis says:

Agree about Giada:Russell crush. Giada is just so Annoying.
    Stupid Yoplait non connection.

And why is Jim even in NH? He needs to come home. He can bring new reporter friend though . That would send Maggie into a tailspin lol

• dan says:

Giada’s Russell crush is somewhat understandable, but what is her fascination with Rodney? Kick the guy off already!

26. EJ says:

13 – Yeah, I have to call BS on that. I think The Bridge is very good and I am enjoying it but that is taking it a bit too far.
    16 – Really enjoying Motive. I thought the whole knowing the killer but not the motive angle would be kind of hokey but they make it work. The story is actually more interesting.

27. Gwen says:

#1. Absolutely not, she is not trustworthy. Yes, I laughed out loud when Don fell out of his chair. I hope Jim gets back to the newsroom soon; that storyline is played out.

28. Agree on #1, love how Don fell out of his chair. Like that bit of comedy added into show. Also would not mind if Jim finally comes back from out on the campaign.

29. Heather says:

2. The Girl You Shouldn’t Have Started a Conversation With at a Party. I would love to see Kate McKinnon get some more air time as well.

30. John says:

“And are you as much of a sucker for the show’s physical comedy — like Don falling over in his tiny desk chair”
    In a word – no. In more words; cheap comedy gags like this are embarrassing and are reserved for laugh track shows which are far beneath shows like this that want to be taken seriously.

I do agree and find most of the logic on The Bridge to be nonplus. It’s why I stopped watching it.

John Oliver is killing it on The Daily Show. I’m looking forward to Jon’s eventual return but it will be bittersweet knowing Oliver’s role will be reduced again.

• Sheila says:

The chair gag was a little out of place, but at least we got Sloan’s deadpan line, “It’s the tires” out of it

31. Roni says:

#6 – Yes, what Wyatt did was great. I love this show. The only changes I’d like to see are less Mike, and more Jude. I love that kid. And more romantic moments between Lena and Stef.

#18 – That was one of the most ridiculous product placements I’ve ever seen.

#19 – I love John Oliver. I’m actually going to be disappointed when Jon Stewart comes back.

#20 – All I want to see is more Kate McKinnon. On update. In sketches. Maybe as a backup dancer for the musical guests. I freaking love her.

32. dude says:

17. The “scenes from next week’s episode” (in Canada at least) confirmed that Gail will definitely be switching teams. Which kind of makes me roll my eyes. When will TV end this obsession with “girl goes through a break-up so she dates a girl” storylines?
    20. Love both but definitely The Girl You Wish You Hadn’t Talked To at a Party.

33. Mel says:

Switched at Birth: Jace can’t leave for Afghanistan fast enough.
    The Fosters: I just want to run my hands through that guys hair.
    Suits – Michele Fairly is scary on both shows!
    P&R: Leslie Knope without Ann is like PB w/o Jelly.
    Motive: Surprisingly good. Love Louis Ferreira. (I guess I like guys with hair!)

34. Britta Unfiltered says:

1. I know they get some flack for the physical comedy, but being a total klutz myself, I kind of like it.
    19. It has been good. I liked the Eww meter a lot. The funniest thing I saw this week happened on Colbert though with the stripper bears from Thursday’s episode. I can’t remember the last time I laughed that hysterically.

35. Jane says:

Two cycles of the Voice is just ridiculous. I know NBC is in the basement, but they’re really shooting themselves in the foot by overdoing a good thing. Someone’s obviously not looking to the long-term for this series. Whoever’s idea this is….. fire that person now. I feel the same way about Motive, TVLine Team. Also, neither SNL character is that interesting to me. I’ll miss Stefan :-(

36. Amie says:

a) Jeff Daniels has much better chemistry with Hope Davis. Plus the character Sorkin wrote for Mackenzie is just insufferable, as well as lame, inept and ANNOYING. So I would MUCH prefer Will stick with Nina.

b) Pretty much what I said in a) applies to Jim and Maggie, too. She’s insufferable, lame, inept and ANNOYING as written, and Allison Pill has not been able to rise above the writing. Starting fresh with Grace Gummer’s reporter/blogger character would be a big step in the right direction for John Gallagher and Jim.

37. Aprilcot26 says:

1. Yes and yes!
    9. I am *not* on the Malece bandwagon! I think Jasmine and Aaron have terrific chemistry!
    11. I’m still in denial..
    12. I so hope that it’s Buffy, but the realist in me knows better.
    13. Exactly my first thought too.
    20. Love Drunk Uncle!

38. Angela says:

#19: The Anthony Weiner stuff has had me DYING :D. Particularly all the fun with the ridiculousness that is Weiner’s alias-”Carlos Danger” (seriously. What. The. F…?). And I love the stuff with Filner, too, but dear god, that guy just SCREAMS “creepy”. Weiner’s basically just being a total idiot. Filner sounds like a massive sleazeball.
    And yeah, it always seems some of the big, juicy stories hit when Stewart (or Colbert, for that matter) are away for some reason, this is no exception. But Oliver’s been killing it the entire time he’s filled in thus far. I adore him. The rest of the “Daily Show” staff have been no slouches, either.

39. Lanah says:

I know Aaron Sorkin’s going to hold off on any reconciliation between will and mac for as long as possible but I think he should take advantage of the fact that his two leads/romantic focal point have a history. Personally, I think they’re the most interesting (ex/would be) couple on television right now, due to their past together and ability to openly talk about it with one another. I’d love to see this season end with mac trying to initiate something and will kinda pissed off that she thinks it’s going to be as easy as telling him how she feels for him to finally forgive her and get back with her. It’d set up an interesting tension between them in season 3 because mac (feeling rejected) would be less than confident in bringing up their past when in conversation with will as opposed to the Mac we know now who has no issue bringing it up whenever and wherever. I’d just like to see an honest and gradual build up to their inevitable reconciliation rather than just longing looks and revenge sex until in the final season: Mac’s taken to the hospital after some kind of accident and will finally realises they don’t have forever and finally forgives her. If something resembling that happens, I’ll be greatly disappointed. They’re an interesting, dynamic duo…give them an interesting story.

40. danielle h says:

Omg… yes to 21…how did u know.. and I don’t even watch the show!

41. Babybop says:

Number 3 is SO TRUE.

42. Maddie says:

1. Agreed with everything about the newsroom. I’ll put my 2cents in:
    Love Will and Mac but glad it’s less obvious this season. Like we know they love each other–it doesn’t have to written in every scene. I don’t like the character Nina but I do like that it could potentially pull Mac and Will back into a love/hate thing. Hope Davis is great though!
    Annoyed with Jim. Also annoyed with Maggie. Actually wouldn’t be mad if they both just left the show and didn’t come back. MAD LOVE for Streep though. She’s cool.
    I like Don now! I never thought I would. I do not like the Sloan/Don romantic angle they’re shooting for however– I prefer them as friends.
    *This past episode was the better of the season I think, I wasn’t wild about episodes 1 or 2. Episode 3 felt more like the original show. Glad it’s back on track.
    DON FALLING OUT OF HIS CHAIR *sobbing* AND CHARLIE SKINNER! He was back on last week!

43. 10. I was thinking the same thing, but then I saw the disclaimer at the end saying that some scenes are recreated. I’m guessing (hoping really, or otherwise it really is kinda unfair) that maybe they only use the shoulder-mounted cameras during the actual hunt, and then after it’s over they go back recreate the most dramatic moments with a cameraman.

44. bobbie says:

#8 On Suits, it totally bugs me that Mike dropped his old girlfriend for the hot chick at the office. I liked him until he did this. The relationship seems too forced (fake), and what kind of person drops old friends, “trades up” so to speak? My favorite characters are Donna, Harvey, and Louis! I hated Louis at first, now I really like him.

• liz says:

I really like Louis too. He makes bad decisions sometimes, but I find him delightful and you root for him. He’s the most realistic character on the show.
      But Jessica is my all time favourite. She’s SO badass.

45. cjeffery7 says: