Ratings: Dome Dips, Chilly Reception for Siberia

Ratings Under the Dome Episode 2CBS’ Under the Dome this Monday night drew 11.8 million total viewers and a 2.9 demo rating (per finals), down 12 percent from its week-ago debut. That said, it outdelivered its broadcast time slot rivals combined and dominated the night in both total audience and the 18-49 demo.

RELATED | Under the Dome: Which ‘Burning’ Questions Were Answered in Week 2?

Among Dome‘s 10 o’clock competition, NBC’s drama/reality hybrid (dramality?) Siberia opened with 3.2 mil and a 1.1, placing third behind ABC’s Mistresses (which ticked up 6 percent and a tenth to 3.8 mil/1.2).

RELATED | Premiere Poll: Is NBC’s Siberia a Part of Your New Reality?

Elsewhere on the night:

The Bachelorette opened ABC’s night with 6.3 mil/1.8, dipping 4 percent and two tenths.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s Mistresses Recap: I’m Pregnant. [Pause]

* NBC’s American Ninja Warrior returned to 4.9 mil/1.7, down 21 and 29 percent from its previous premiere (which, granted, aired in late May and led out of America’s Got Talent).

* Fox’s Goodwin Games finale was flat with 1.5 mil and a 0.6.

1. Sam says:

To be expected. I’m not too worried.

2. jimbo says:

Man, I hope Angie gets out of the bomb shelter soon. It’s kind of a boring storyline so far and I feel Britt Robertson has much more talents than kicking, screaming and crying.

• wrstlgirl says:

Yeah, I’m tired of her screeching already. Just get her out of there and kill Junior.

• John says:

The only boring part of the Dome is Junior. I’m not a huge fan of Britt, but even I know she’s better than this. They should just scrap their whole basement story.

• Leigh says:

Guys, it’s only the second episode. Give them time. If, however, by episode 8 she’s still in the shelter? Yeah, that’s WAAAAAY too long.

3. Tim says:

I like Under the Dome, was hesitant to watch it since it’s a summer show not on USA but I took a shot and it’s good.

4. Dizzle says:

You’d think that given the glut of repeats still on the Big 3’s summer schedules, they’d have been able to schedule three of their big scripted summer series away from each other!

• George says:

thank u!

• Len says:

It’s the only way to do it. You can’t let the competition walk away with a slot, you need to challenge them head on. You may never win the slot but you need to eat away as best you can at their numbers. There’d be no tv without advertisers and that’s what advertisers want.

While as viewer I think it sucks, but if i were in charge I’d do the exact same thing. Head on and knock down the Titans as best I can.

5. MIka says:

I am pretty happy so far with the summer season in terms of TV watching. It is funny, but in some ways I feel like there is more I want to watch than in the regular season. I am loving the trashy guilty pleasures that are “Mistresses” and “Devious Maids” and so far “Under the Dome” is really good and interesting.

• Sg. Grant says:

With Defiance, Warehouse 13, Under the Dome, Big Break Mexico, Mistresses, Teen Wolf, King and Maxwell, and the upcoming Bear Grylls show, I watch (well, DVR and watch throughout the week) more tv on Monday nights than during the fall and spring seasons.

6. Mila says:

I really wish The Goodwin Games was given another chance. It was such a good show. It had the potential to be great

7. KCC says:

American Ninja Warrior!! I hope more people watch

8. Britta Unfiltered says:

I really wish there was more new stuff on TV right now that I could watch. The heat wave in the West right now…ugh, I don’t want to leave the house so I’m just staying in trying to find stuff to watch, and there was nothing that looked interesting last night, so I ended up on a Quantum Leap marathon on Netflix. Scott Bakula on that show can still make me feel like a 16-year old girl. (Please don’t do the math). I just know if I ever had the good fortune to meet him, it would be like The Beatles coming to America for me. I’d probably squeal, then scream, then dramatically pass out. One of my friends had her picture taken with him at a Star Trek convention in England, and I almost sort of hate her for it, lol. Maybe I should start stalking Star Trek conventions so I can meet Scott Bakula.

9. Tobi says:

I love mistresses wish people would give it a chance!

10. Leave Comments says:

Really enjoying the show so far.