Ratings: Dome Dips, Chilly Reception for Siberia

Get More: News, Ratings

Ratings Under the Dome Episode 2CBS’ Under the Dome this Monday night drew 11.8 million total viewers and a 2.9 demo rating (per finals), down 12 percent from its week-ago debut. That said, it outdelivered its broadcast time slot rivals combined and dominated the night in both total audience and the 18-49 demo.

RELATED | Under the Dome: Which ‘Burning’ Questions Were Answered in Week 2?

Among Dome‘s 10 o’clock competition, NBC’s drama/reality hybrid (dramality?) Siberia opened with 3.2 mil and a 1.1, placing third behind ABC’s Mistresses (which ticked up 6 percent and a tenth to 3.8 mil/1.2).

RELATED | Premiere Poll: Is NBC’s Siberia a Part of Your New Reality?

Elsewhere on the night:

The Bachelorette opened ABC’s night with 6.3 mil/1.8, dipping 4 percent and two tenths.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s Mistresses Recap: I’m Pregnant. [Pause]

* NBC’s American Ninja Warrior returned to 4.9 mil/1.7, down 21 and 29 percent from its previous premiere (which, granted, aired in late May and led out of America’s Got Talent).

* Fox’s Goodwin Games finale was flat with 1.5 mil and a 0.6.

Comments (24)

• To be expected. I’m not too worried.

Comment by Sam – July 2, 2013 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man, I hope Angie gets out of the bomb shelter soon. It’s kind of a boring storyline so far and I feel Britt Robertson has much more talents than kicking, screaming and crying.

Comment by jimbo – July 2, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I’m tired of her screeching already. Just get her out of there and kill Junior.

Comment by wrstlgirl – July 2, 2013 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The only boring part of the Dome is Junior. I’m not a huge fan of Britt, but even I know she’s better than this. They should just scrap their whole basement story.

Comment by John – July 2, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Guys, it’s only the second episode. Give them time. If, however, by episode 8 she’s still in the shelter? Yeah, that’s WAAAAAY too long.

Comment by Leigh – July 2, 2013 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s the problem. It’s only the second episode and it’s gone on to long already :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – July 2, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Under the Dome, was hesitant to watch it since it’s a summer show not on USA but I took a shot and it’s good.

Comment by Tim – July 2, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • USA doesn’t have any good shows, summer included.

Comment by splusm – July 2, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen x 1000

Comment by Sam – July 2, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Burn Notice? lol that beats cbs as a channel. including NCIS wich is nothing compared to BN

Comment by Kresh – July 2, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Burn Notice doesn’t beat NCIS at all, and I love Burn Notice. With all that said, to say that there are no good Summer shows on USA, is just ridiculous. I always knew fan boys would exist for specific T.V. shows, but fan boys for entire Networks is just goofy.

Comment by James R. – July 2, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The new show Graceland is off the charts!

Comment by wrstlgirl – July 2, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not really ^^

Comment by Kresh – July 2, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It is for me, I love it!!!

Comment by wrstlgirl – July 2, 2013 02:43 PM PDT
  • You’d think that given the glut of repeats still on the Big 3′s summer schedules, they’d have been able to schedule three of their big scripted summer series away from each other!

Comment by Dizzle – July 2, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thank u!

Comment by George – July 2, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s the only way to do it. You can’t let the competition walk away with a slot, you need to challenge them head on. You may never win the slot but you need to eat away as best you can at their numbers. There’d be no tv without advertisers and that’s what advertisers want.

While as viewer I think it sucks, but if i were in charge I’d do the exact same thing. Head on and knock down the Titans as best I can.

Comment by Len – July 2, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am pretty happy so far with the summer season in terms of TV watching. It is funny, but in some ways I feel like there is more I want to watch than in the regular season. I am loving the trashy guilty pleasures that are “Mistresses” and “Devious Maids” and so far “Under the Dome” is really good and interesting.

Comment by MIka – July 2, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With Defiance, Warehouse 13, Under the Dome, Big Break Mexico, Mistresses, Teen Wolf, King and Maxwell, and the upcoming Bear Grylls show, I watch (well, DVR and watch throughout the week) more tv on Monday nights than during the fall and spring seasons.

Comment by Sg. Grant – July 2, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really wish The Goodwin Games was given another chance. It was such a good show. It had the potential to be great

Comment by Mila – July 2, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • American Ninja Warrior!! I hope more people watch

Comment by KCC – July 2, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really wish there was more new stuff on TV right now that I could watch. The heat wave in the West right now…ugh, I don’t want to leave the house so I’m just staying in trying to find stuff to watch, and there was nothing that looked interesting last night, so I ended up on a Quantum Leap marathon on Netflix. Scott Bakula on that show can still make me feel like a 16-year old girl. (Please don’t do the math). I just know if I ever had the good fortune to meet him, it would be like The Beatles coming to America for me. I’d probably squeal, then scream, then dramatically pass out. One of my friends had her picture taken with him at a Star Trek convention in England, and I almost sort of hate her for it, lol. Maybe I should start stalking Star Trek conventions so I can meet Scott Bakula.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 2, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love mistresses wish people would give it a chance!

Comment by Tobi – July 2, 2013 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really enjoying the show so far.

Comment by Leave Comments – July 4, 2013 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post