Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Parenthood, Nashville, Once, Walking Dead, Girl Meets World and More!

Parenthood Season 5 SpoilersGot a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Do you have anything on Season 5 of Parenthood? —Austin
Ausiello: A third party is going to create some tension in Julia and Joel’s marriage, and — shocker! — it’s not one of their irrepressible demon spawn! (I josh, I josh. I love those fire-breathing monsters… like a cold sore.) When the action picks up (after a somewhat sizeable time jump), Joel is in the midst of working on a two-year project with a fireball of an architect named Meredith (new recurring character alert!). Everything’s copasetic until Mer joins Joel and Julia for dinner and inadvertently makes former legal eagle Julia feel crappy about being a stay-at-home mom. What’s more, Julia starts to view her hubby’s new work wife as a threat. (I think we all know where this is going… ) In other Parenthood news, Sarah is going to pull an Amanda Woodward and become the manager of an apartment building, and Matt Lauria’s back as Ryan — at least in the Sept. 26 premiere — when Amber visits him at an Army base.

RELATED | Parenthood Scoop: [Spoiler] Books Season 5 Encore

governorQuestion: Is there any chance there will be flashbacks showing the Governor’s origin story on The Walking Dead? And if so, might Milton make an appearance? I’m really heartbroken over his death. — Jessenika
Ausiello: The Governor’s origin story, which I imagine would have to include his former ally Milt, seems like a golden story opportunity for new showrunner Scott Gimple — especially since David Morrissey is back as a regular in Season 4. But I honestly have no idea if it’s in the cards. The show could just as easily wind up being too busy with new recurring characters like Laura, a single mom and ex-nurse who isn’t quite as strong as she first appears; Melody, a “just one of the guys” kinda gal in her 20s; and Don, who sounds like Hershel, if Hershel were crankier and two-legged. (BTW, did you see this?)

Question: Any Vampire Diaries scoop? Will Tyler be back this season? Thanks! — Mary Kate
Ausiello: Tyler who? There’s nothing like a cute older college boy to make you temporarily forget the show’s MIA hybrid hunk. That’s what happens when Caroline meets Jesse, a hot, smart, confident and disarmingly sweet upperclassman at Whitmore. Among the other fresh faces in the season opener: smartypants Megan, who attends Mystic Falls High’s 1950s dance and attempts to charm the pants off Jeremy, and Eastern European beauty Nadia, who crosses paths with Matt and Rebekah at a Prague bar — and comes on to both of them?! — before delivering an ominous warning to Stefan about The Originals.

Question: Will you make this holiday weekend even better with a scoop on Melissa & Joey? I’m thinking something might finally happen between them in the coming weeks! –Brigid
Ausiello: I hear things get “cozy” between them as they visit Joe’s family in the Sept. 4 season finale and have to share a room. Get your mind out of the gutter; they’re probably just gonna bump nasties.

grimmQuestion: I assume you collect your information through a secret army of Smurf spies. You can deny it all you want, but have any of your adorable blue minions learned whether Nick’s mom will return in Grimm‘s third season? I’ll send them a special treat (discreetly, of course) for any intel on the subject. —Abby
Ausiello: Per TVLine’s new editorial assistant, Spoiler Smurf, the show is trying to reel Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio back in, but the busy actress-mother isn’t biting. Not yet anyway.

Question: Do you have any info on who will be Peter Pan in next season’s Once Upon a Time? —Wolf
Ausiello: As we previously reported, the producers are hoping to keep the casting of Peter Pan under wraps — maybe with an eye on a big Comic-Con reveal? But while on the subject of Neverland, the ABC drama is also filling the heavily recurring role of Rufio, aka the teenage leader of the Lost Boys. The character, per lore, is described as forever youthful, mischievous and harboring a penchant for clever games — but behind his playful façade lurks a petulant child twisted enough to destroy anyone who crosses his path. King Joffrey, call your agent!

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season 3 Premiere Title Revealed!

Question: Plz plz plz let me know when Once Upon a Time Season 3 starts! I’m addicted to this series and can’t wait to find out what happens next. –Logan
Ausiello: ABC — the last broadcaster to announce its fall premiere dates — isn’t in any rush to do so, so instead can I placate you with a plum piece of  scoop? Sources tell me that Robin Hood will resurface in Season 3, but will be played by a different, yet-to-be-cast actor, seeing as Tom Ellis (Merlin) isn’t available for a recurring run. Who’s your pick to “rob” Ellis of his role? Anyone know what Matt Smith’s up to these days?

Question: Any chance Fred will put in an appearance this season on Drop Dead Diva? —Christy
Ausiello: Exec producer Josh Berman says he’s trying to “make that work,” adding, “I wouldn’t be surprised if we see him again.” In the meantime, Berman teases that the angel’s ex, Stacy, “may find someone that [fans] love even more than Fred… I think you’ll be surprised where Stacy’s life goes this season.”

nashvilleQuestion: Any hints on Nashville Season 2? —JJ
Ausiello: How about some intel on two new females bound for Music City? The first, Zoey, is Scarlett’s childhood best friend who wants to make it as a singer. She’ll take the blonde’s old waitressing gig at The Bluebird. The second, Layla, is the winner of an American Idol-type music competition who’s so driven to be a country star that she downplays her Northeastern roots, high level of education and stable family life. This youngin’ (she’s about 20) comes across as sweet at first, but her darker side will show itself over time. Both roles are heavy recurring… which makes me think Juliette might want to release her follow-up single real fast.

PHOTOS & VIDEO | Fall TV Preview: Your Complete Guide to What’s New

Question: Do you have anything for Girl Meets World? —Sefket
Ausiello: Will Freidle is returning… maybe. The Biggest Show in Disney Channel History is casting a cousin for new leading tween Riley, and the smart money is on Cory’s big brother Eric being the parent.

Question: Any SDCC party updates? —Richard
Ausiello: Should be posting some news on my Twitter feed in the next 48 hours. In the meantime, it might be a good idea to block off Thursday evening (July 18) on your Comic-Con sked. You know, just in case.

Question: How long until Sarah reunites with Jason on True Blood?! ‘Cause I know it’s going to happen! —Terry
Ausiello: Twelve days to be exact. In the July 14 episode, Anna Camp’s much-missed Ms. Newlin “reconnects” with her ex-lover, per HBO. In that same episode, Sookie seeks Lafayette’s help in summoning her dead parents, and Eric and Tara go to desperate, drastic lengths to rescue Pam.

Question: What’s the latest on a possible Dexter spin-off? I’m not ready to let go! —David
Ausiello: The latest is it’s not happening at the moment. “We are so focused on finishing the series up before we overstay our welcome that spin-offs are the very last thing on anybody’s mind,” exec producer Sara Colleton tells TVLine. “We just want to use every bit of emotional and physical energy [on the final season].” Bonus Scoop: The Shield‘s Kenny Johnson makes his debut as formidable U.S. Marshall Cooper in dexterEpisode 8. “I can’t really tell anything because it will tip stuff that starts happening,” Colleton says of his character, who is hired by Sean Patrick Flanery’s P.I. Jacob Elway to hunt down an infamous criminal. “We were so thrilled that we were ever able to get an actor of his caliber for this three or four-episode arc. He’s fabulous, and it’s a wonderful [role].”

RELATED | Dexter Scoop: [Spoiler] Will Bring Dex and Deb Back Together

Question: Anything on Dexter?! How will it end? —Deb
Ausiello: With a trip to the hospital. According to sources, the penultimate episode features a slew of medical personnel, including an emergency room doctor, a surgeon, two nurses, two paramedics and a hospital security guard. A major character’s life would have to be in jeopardy to warrant hiring seven guest stars, right? (Somewhere Laguerta’s like, “All I got was an effen’ bench!”)

Question: For the love of Snapple, Smurfs and that is all holy, where is the Rookie Blue scoop? —Tia
Ausiello: ‘Memba Mitovich telling you in Inside Line about a big episode coming up later this season featuring the return of one of the ABC drama’s past (and most dangerous) villains? Well, per leading man Gregory Smith, Charlotte Sullivan’s Gail figures smack dab in the middle of it. “It’s an incredible episode for Gail,” he previews. “It’s a very traumatic experience for Gail, where she really has to rise to the occasion.”

Question: Hey, fairy good father — have you any info on the remaining episodes of Under the Dome? —Karim S
Ausiello: First off, how dare you call me a father? Secondly, according to the so-handsome-it-hurts-my-self-esteem Mike Vogel, “By Episode 11 vogelit starts getting deep. It’s a town in turmoil. The dome is a device; it’s a fishbowl. You put a bunch of fish in the bowl and you start banging on the glass to see how they react, you’re going to have fish that eat other fish, you’re going to have fish that protect those about to eaten, and while all this is happening, there’s a whole world on the outside. Barbie thinks he’s off the hook on some things, and then another can of worms gets opened up. They’ve done a great job putting the pedal down and driving it all the way through the end of the season. Each of these last few episodes that we have just get crazier and crazier.” Bonus Scoop: If you’re hankering for Angie to break free from Junior’s clutches… bad news. The episodic photos for July 15 show her very much still in captivity. (Ugh)

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman and Meg Masters)

1. “Rufio, aka the teenage leader of the Lost Boys. The character, per lore, is described as forever youthful, mischievous and harboring a penchant for clever games — but behind his playful façade lurks a petulant child twisted enough to destroy anyone who crosses his path.” cool

2. Fabe says:

Even though I hate that they brought Jeremy back to life in the season finale, (Really? It cheapened Elena’s whole journey and makes death on the show mean absolutely nothing) I am excited for TVD season 5! Can’t wait to see Katherine as a human, and the Nadia character sounds very intriguing!

• queen says:

WHAT IF SHE IS KATHERINE DAUGHTER??????

• sara says:

Pretty sure her daughter is dead by now, she was human or else the Petrova blood line would have died with Katherine.

• thesp says:

I completely agree. He shouldn’t have been brought back. It defeated the whole purpose of Elena going dark and turning her humanity off. But I also would like to ask CAN CAROLINE FORBES BE SINGLE FOR ONCE IN HER LIFE?????

• Mari says:

Not that I think you’re wrong about what Caroline should do, but I can see their logic in having her at least flirty with a guy. She’s grown by yards since she was vamped. However, she’s also the character who was most honest with herself (and at times others) about how much she didn’t want to be single.

• cas says:

I personally was happy they brought Jeremy back to life. It doesn’t change the fact that he was dead for a while, or that she did go through some changes because of it. She didn’t know he would be back. Mainly he is hot and it didn’t seem right that Elena didn’t have any family left. Bonnie was looking for a way since he died so it should have been no surprise to anyone that she succeeded.

3. kavyn says:

That Laguerta line is absolutely hilarious.

Regarding TVD, I’m still angry at how they brought Jeremy back to life. I’m very tempted to just switch to The Originals, especially if they can squueze Caroline and Matt on there. I never really cared for Klaus but I feel like the storyline, acting and casting on The Originals will be superior.

• Emily says:

Ah, but it was a concrete bench. Very sturdy.

• Lala says:

Right now I’m not crazy about the baby plot on The Originals, but I’m definitely watching that and not TVD. Especially with this Caroline/Jesse (I already hate this dude) spoiler.

4. Paige says:

By episode 11? That seems a long, long while to wait for Dome to “get deep.” Oh Vogel, thank god you’re pretty.

5. What’s the point of keeping a character that’s supposed to be dead alive when you just put them in a room and have them scream a lot? That doesn’t provide any forward motion to the narrative nor character development.

6. jimbo says:

I second the “Ugh” on the Under The Dome bonus scoop. July 7 will be the 7th episode of her in the bomb shelter … UUUUGGGHHH! Britt is too beautiful and talented to be locked away all this time. :-(

• jimbo says:

Oh, wait a minute. We already have July 2nd! Ha, sorry. nevermind. Well then, let’s hope that’ll be the last episode of her down there. ;)

• C says:

First off, July 7th is a Sunday, not a Monday. And if she’s still in captivity in the July 8th episode, that’s onyl the third episode. So chillax.

• Carm says:

I think Britt said in an interview that by the 4th episode she is still locked up. So maybe by the 5th she will be free.

• ImSmarterThanYou says:

Assuming she gets free….

• chrys says:

ya Under the Dome is surely playing loose with the book’s storyline… after 2 episodes here truly just the character names been left as written… I am still reading the book, hoped to stay just ahead of the broadcast with my reading, but they’ve gone way rogue!!!

7. Maki says:

U throw me off with that VD scoop. ohhhhh I can’t wait for the premier.
    And I won’t except anyone else as Robin Hood in S3. Ask Ausiello makes this summer time show withdrawl so much easier.

8. Alex says:

Aw no, I love Julia & Joel on Parenthood, leave their relationship alone! :)

9. wrstlgirl says:

We need to start a “FREE ANGIE” campaign :-) :-)

10. katy917 says:

Now, is it smart money on Eric being the cousin’s dad because he knows this?? Because it could be Morgan’s kid, albeit she’d be young – depends on how much artistic license they allow – hell allow enough and it could be Joshua’s lol. I just can’t picture Eric as a dad…..

• Honestly I doubt Disney Channel would allow Joshua to be a teenage dad (it’s been 10/11 years since the BMW finale and Joshua was about 3 or 4 in that, somehow), especially since the prom episode was/is one of the BMW episodes banned from the network because of the pre-marital sex storyline. However, I can kinda see them allowing Morgan wanting to skip college and instead be a young mom and be either married or divorced. Just my opinion though. For comedy’s sake, though the cousin’s parent will probably be Eric. Can you imagine what it’d be like to have him as a dad?

• SonOfCoul says:

I don’t remember……did Topanga have any siblings? My guess would be no but they could still fabricate the cousin as being a Lawrence, not a Matthews.

• A says:

Topanga had a sister! Remember? I think her name was Nebula? Nebbie for short. But I would LOVE to see Eric back.

11. Eric says:

Yes! Get Will Friedle back!

12. Patrick Maloney says:

Rufio! Rufio! Rufiooooo!

13. Elly says:

If you hear screaming, it’s just me squealing for joy that were going to get to see Eric Matthews again.

Also, I reaaaaaalllly hope Eric doesn’t sacrifice himself for Pam. Terrible trade.

14. Elly says:

15. Shoukichi says:

How are they using Rufio? He isn’t public domain, or a Disney character, he is a modern creation from Hook, not an original character from the book and play.

Did Disney purchase the rights from Spielberg/Amblin/Tri-Star? It is either that, or someone at Once/ABC has screwed up and put out a casting notice on a character they can’t use, because Disney/ABC have no claim to the character of Rufio without some deal having been made to obtain the original characters and intellectual property from Hook.

• ben says:

What would give you the impression that they haven’t brokered a deal to use Rufio? They didn’t have the rights to any Peter Pan characters and worked really hard to get them – but you think they would forget to get the rights to Rufio?

• Ben has a point. I remember when we thought that Sheriff Graham’s FTL counterpart was Robin Hood. When it was revealed that he was The Huntsman, Adam and Eddy said that they weren’t able to get the rights for RH at the time. (I think it was this one.) They could’ve also gotten the rights to Rufio.

• Shoukichi says:

That is erroneous information. No one has to work hard to use the elements of Peter Pan Once has used at this point, they are in the public domain. Literally anyone can use Peter and his lost shadow, the Darlings, the Lost Boys, Hook, Smee and Never Never Land. Everything from the original play and book are public domain at this point, only characters like Rufio that come from later derivative works are off limits and would require deals.

So far everything that has appeared in Once Upon a Time has either been a public domain character or something created for and owned wholly by Disney, and so procuring the rights to and using Rufio would be a new thing.

• ben says:

EDWARD KITSIS: Honestly, the whole first year, we wanted to do Neverland, and we never could because of the rights issues — which seemed weird, because Disney had a Peter Pan movie, and they had a show called Jake and the Neverland Pirates. We don’t know how or why, but they figured it out.

Erroneous information straight out of the mouth of the show’s executive producer?? They themselves said they had trouble getting the rights, on multiple occasions of which this quote is one. It’s nice of you to explain public domain to me (as my day job is an intellectual property lawyer) but I haven’t looked into exactly what rights they needed or why any more deeply than taking it at THEIR word that they had rights issues – which is surely all I need to assure myself that they would have negotiated the rights to Rufio?

• Danyelle says:

Ben wins. That is all. (And there are many other quotes like those from the first seasons, i am almost certain.) Court adjurned.

• ben says:

Also this one:

Kitsis points to Peter Pan, a personal favorite, as a character who won’t be popping up in Storybrooke anytime soon: ”Unfortunately Peter Pan is not public domain, so that is a rights issue that has to be worked out. We’re hoping that someday we can, because it would be such a shame to not be able to have Captain Hook or Peter Pan on the show.”

• Catherine says:

I believe there are differences in the rights for Peter Pan in the UK vs the US. It’s public in the US but not in the UK (UK Parliament actually extended the copyright for the sake of the Great Ormond St. Hospital, but the international laws expired). So if Once wants to be able to broadcast in the UK… well, those rights needed to be worked out.

• ben says:

You are completely right Catherine. I decided to research and came up with this:
            “For Great Ormond Street, however, a special UK legal exception makes the situation less dramatic than it might have been.
            The various uses of Peter Pan that have given the hospital money throughout most of the years since Barrie’s death in 1937, will continue in the UK at least thanks to former prime minister Jim Callaghan.
            Encouraged by his wife Audrey, who was a chairwoman of Great Ormond Street, Callaghan successfully campaigned to get the UK’s 1988 copyright act amended to give the hospital the unique right to royalties from stage performances of Peter Pan and any adaptation of the play forever.”

16. Austin says:

Parenthood Season 5 should be interesting. I have no idea where they will go but I’d love if we got the chance of meeting Kristina’s parents.

17. Lala says:

They are not going to give Caroline ANOTHER love interest, are they!?! This show…I just can’t….Sorry but this is one Klaroline fan that isn’t going to be dragged along anymore.

18. Lisa says:

I hope Girl Meets World has Eric as the local Weatherman. That would allow Will to still play crazy Eric.

19. Chris H says:

Come on Already ABC release the premiere dates. Fox was a week ago tomorrow.

20. Niki says:

Feeny? Fa-fa-fa-fa-feeny! Feenay! Fee-hee-heenay!

I am so happy to see Girl Meets World on here! I am also so excited at the thought of Eric coming back! Now all we need is Shawn and GMW will be ready to go *for the BMW fans atleast!*

21. JCK says:

About who should be cast as Robin Hood on OUAT: Jonathan Firth, Anthony Howell, Laurence Fox, or Michael McFayden would make me happy. And PLEASE cast Sendhil Ramamurthy as Aladdin!

22. Abby says:

Severely depressed Tom Ellis is not returning back as Robin Hood.

• Katie says:

This! I hate recasts in general but the fact that it’s Robin Hood and it’s recasting Tom Ellis who I totally love,completely depresses me.

• Louise says:

I agree. I don’t like recasts in general and like Tom Ellis a lot as well. Too bad.

23. AL says:

Thanks for the ONCE scoop….I’m already way to excited for the new season!

24. Cheshire says:

I’m not a fan of having to re-cast, but if it means more Robin, I might hear them out.

GO ASK JONAS ARMSTRONG FOR A REPRISE ALREADY!!!

25. april-ann says:

Can’t wait for Nashville.

26. Eric Matthews is Batman!

27. @sspignese says:

I’m bugged that Sarah has a different profession every season. Apartment building manager? Come on.

• drhenning says:

What skill does Sarah have anyway?? she was a bartender then worked as an assistant for a photographer… At least as an apartment manager, I guess she moves out of her parent’s guest house??? That’s usually one of the perks of that job…

28. dinosaur! says:

TVD – So Nadia meets up with Matt and Rebekah, but warns Stefan? Is that Silas-Stefan, or waterlogged Stefan? Does she hitch a ride to Mystic Falls on Rebekah’s jet? So many question. I’m guessing that warning is how Rebekah ends up on The Originals, though. And oh, Matt, I know you’re all about living life, and that Rebekah’s had experience, but please don’t have a threesome. I know, I know, what guy’s going to pass that up, but that’s not the Matty I know and love. LOL, maybe Matt really will come home a changed man. And oh no, if Nadia’s feeling vengeful, is she yet another person who ends up staking Rebekah? Poor Rebekah!

And poor Tyler (or more accurately, poor Michael Trevino…). At least they shipped the character away rather than kill him off.

29. gabby says:

Nothing better happen to Julia and Joel! They are my favorite couple on the show!

30. Ella says:

Haha, wow, for the first time ever there is not one show in here that I watch…

31. Maggie says:

I’m glad they are giving Joel and Julia a storyline but I hope they don’t split them up. they are my favorite couple on Parenthood. Hope we see more stories with their kids especially that sassy Sydney. I guess Sarah finally moves out of her parents house. It’s about time. I can’t wait for the show to begin.

32. fiona says:

I feel they should just cast Dante Basco as rufio. He could still pass off as a kid, maybe lol

33. DonDraperSaysWhat says:

Great, TWD is going to bring on a bunch of half developed characters that they will inevitably kill off so they don’t have to waste main cast members. That show’s just getting lazy now. And we get to sit through more of the prison and the Gov, because that was so exciting…Why do I kept returning to watch this show?!

34. Jan says:

I would totally LOVE it if they can get King Joffrey as Rufio. As for TVD, BOTH Matt and Rebekah!? Wowzers, probably be good juice for a new TVD fic right there! Anywhoo, GREAT spoilers this time!

35. Rob says:

I hope Dex will die in the last episode. That’s the only ending that makes sense.

• Jerri says:

Seems kinds of predictable if he dies, IMO. As would him running off. But it depends on how he dies, i.e. by whose hand and the like. Will Deb kill him then try to kill herself (given the spoiler it seems there will be quite a bloodbath there) or will Hannah Kill Dex, Deb kills Hanna then tries to kill herself? Or will Deb kill both Dex and Hannah? Somehow, i don’t think Deb survives, she’s spiralling down and out especially after LaGuerta’s death, I don’t know what will set her straight. Looking forward to the rest of the season/series. Writers better not disappoint!

• Eva says:

Well, I hope Deb will live. She is by far the most interesting character. She can look after Harrison, it will set her straight.

• Matilda says:

I think Deb will kill Dexter and kill herself after.

36. cas says:

So no Tyler at all this season? I like how everyone is upset about Jeremy being back but they were upset about him being killed off when he was killed off. Personally, I am glad he is back because I enjoy some more eye candy and he was one of my fave’s. Elena deserves at least one family member. I would have enjoyed keep Alaric too though! I feel they killed him off for his new show that tanked so really he got the short end of the stick.

37. Sassa says:

Reblogged this on Sarah.

38. Patti says:

I’d love to see Andrew Lee Potts on Once Upon a Time.

39. Patti says:

I may be the only one but I’m not into Neverland and Peter Pan taking over Once Upon a Time I like the characters we already have and want to see them used more. Plus they seem way into the Neverland stuff and it was never a favorite of mine. I prefer fairytale land and storybrooke. I wish they’d give granny, dwarves, archie and others more stories. They could have used Red more instead of getting Pan and Neverland stuff. They are doing what lost did which is add too many characters, forget the ones they already have or get into new stuff and forget the older stuff.

40. Wesley says:

I wish Parenthood would try something new. I’m tired of jealous wife story lines.

41. Corey says:

Why do the writers always gotta mess with Forwood?They’ve been doing it ever since their first kiss.Everytime we think they’re gonna be fine,another obstacle is put in front of them.

• Des says:

That’s how they also do Delena.. So, yeah.. It sucks.. But you know.. We never give up on our ships..

42. dude says:

So Nashville’s new characters are just Juliette and Scarlett 2.0?

43. Hey there says:

I can’t stand the way Joel treats Julia. I’m actually glad she found a friend in Ed. Joel get your head out of your ass, and love your wife. She’s your wife, you prick!