Fall TV Preview

Fall TV: Fox Premiere Dates Open With X Factor, Bones Set for November Move to Fridays

Fall TV Schedule FoxFox is hereby the fourth broadcaster to let loose with their premiere dates for the fall season, leading with The X Factor‘s two-night, three-hour Season 3 premiere.

Also, we have a firm date for when Bones moves to its new Friday home: Nov. 8, after Fox’s coverage of the World Series has wrapped. (J.J. Abrams’ futuristic thriller Almost Human claims Monday’s lead-off spot starting Nov. 4, as one “Bones” aka Star Trek‘s Karl Urban replaces another.*)

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

All told, most of Fox’s live-action fare debuts in mid-September, a full week before CBS and NBC uncork the bulk of their own premiere slates.

On tap for midseason: American Idol, The Following and the new series Rake, Gang Related, Surviving Jack, Us & Them and Murder Police. The summer series 24: Live Another Day premieres in May 2014.

And now, Fox’s complete roll-out plan… after this. (ABC, all eyes are now on you.)

Wednesday, Sept. 11
8 pm The X Factor (season premiere Part 1)
9 pm MasterChef (season finale)

Thursday, Sept. 12
8 pm The X Factor (season premiere Part 2, two hours)

Monday, Sept. 16
8 pm Bones
9 pm SLEEPY HOLLOW (new series)

RELATED | Fall TV Schedule Moves in Review: The Savvy, the Shocking and the Sorta Snoozeworthy

Tuesday, Sept. 17
8 pm DADS (new series)
8:30 pm BROOKLYN NINE-NINE (new series)
9 pm New Girl
9:30 pm The Mindy Project

Wednesday, Sept. 18
8 pm The X Factor (two hours)

Thursday, Sept. 19
9 pm Glee

RELATED | What Happens Next on Glee: Is Another Proposal Imminent? Will Rachel Be Funny Girl?

Friday, Sept. 27
8 pm JUNIOR MASTERCHEF (new series)
9 pm SLEEPY HOLLOW encores

Sunday, Sept. 29
8 pm The Simpsons
8:30 pm Bob’s Burgers
9 pm Family Guy
9:30 pm American Dad

Monday, Nov. 4
8 pm ALMOST HUMAN (new series)

Friday, Nov. 8
8 pm Bones (new time slot premiere)
9 pm Raising Hope
9:30 pm ENLISTED (new series)

* Joke first made by HitFix.com’s Daniel Fienberg

Tags: , , ,

Comments (76)

• Bones, Almost Human, and maybe Sleepy Hollow are about the only shows on Fox I’m interested in this year.

Comment by James R. – June 26, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I understand this is when the new season will start, but Bones has already made the move to Friday. They’ve been showing it there for several weeks now, and not showing it on Monday.

Comment by Martoukian – June 26, 2013 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pretty angry Raising Hope has been moved to Fridays. That’s where Mindy belongs.

Comment by Josh – June 26, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m hoping Dads bombs so badly that Fox moves Raising Hope back to Tuesdays.

Comment by Steven – June 26, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me and you both buddy,we both agree that Mindy deserves to be there.

Comment by charlie – June 26, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Isn’t Friday’s where the TV show graveyard is?

Comment by Sela – June 26, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Screw you Fox, I am making a promise to NOT watch any shows except Bones this fall, winter, summer, spring.

Comment by Sky Lark – June 26, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think FOX starting Bones on a Monday, using it to launch a newbie drama and then casting it off to Friday is pretty shabby treatment…they should have the nads to launch Bones on Friday from the get go and launch their sci fi block on Monday, put your money where your mouth is, ìnstead of treating Bones like the red headed step child of the network, moving it to where ever….good luck Fox with your newbie Monday dramas, you will need it when The Voice and the CBS comedy block starts.

Comment by amber – June 26, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @amber

I completely agree with you about Bones.

Comment by Sarah – June 26, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, but starting it on Monday could mean it never moves to Friday. If say. Sleepy Hollow bombs then it could get canceled before Bones would need to move. So we may never see first run episodes of Bones on Friday nights.

Just a thought.

Comment by Frankie707 – June 26, 2013 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • @possibly, but this is the first time Fox has actually noted a date to move. They have dug their heels in now, it would be another embarrassment for them to not move Bones. Friday should be scifi night, nerds don’t date anyway. #sorrynotsorry

Comment by Sky Lark – June 26, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lets say that there are 4eps before baseball break, a guess, do you really think that 4eps is enough time for Sleepy Hollow to fail so badly that Fox will yank it from the schedule? It would have to tank so bad like Touch rating bad for that to happen imo…

Comment by amber – June 26, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It’s happened before. Shows have been pulled after 2 eps even on Fox. Now granted, given who is associated with this show that is less likely to happen, but if it does bad enough, I can see them moving it instead of Bones.

Whatever personal feelings and egos may be involved, it’s still a business, and they will go with a schedule that they think will profit them most. They say they’ll move Bones because Bones fans have proven they’ll follow it all over the schedule, but if one of those new shows doesn’t live up to expectations they’ll do shuffling they’ll backtrack if necessary.

Comment by frankie707 – June 27, 2013 09:46 AM PDT
      • The writing is clear that they anticipate this to (more than likely) be Bones’ last season with a move to Friday like this. It has had a good run, and either this or next season (if it survives) should be the end.

Comment by Esaul – June 26, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • david and emily signed a brand new two year contract with fox late last year, so therefore the writing on the wall would suggest that Fox is more than interested in having at least a season 10 of Bones if ratings don’t bomb on a whatever day it airs…the showrunners are also aiming for a S10, have been for the last few years….BONES 2nd highest rated scripted season finale on Fox.2012/13

Comment by anon – June 26, 2013 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Signing a two year contract doesn’t guarantee two more years of Bones. Bones may pull in decent ratings still, but that doesn’t make it any cheaper to produce. It’s good to aim, but we’ll see how it does Friday.

Comment by Esaul – June 26, 2013 06:03 PM PDT
      • So true, BONES needs to go back to Mnday. Thats where it belongs.

Comment by Skyblue – October 30, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! Bones is the best show Fox has in my opinion. Bones has a pretty strong fan base & I think many true fans will follow it to any night of the week.

Comment by Rachie – July 3, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gang Related, New Girl, Mindy Project, Us and Them, The Following, Almost Human and possibly Brookyln-99.

Comment by Teag – June 26, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gang Related will premiere in May 2014. The Following will be back during mid-season 2014.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – June 26, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • According to the article Gang Related is mid season 2014, and 24 is the only one listed for May 2014.

Comment by cas – June 27, 2013 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ^ I get it but it’s just a network’s decision depending on its prime-time schedule.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – June 27, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones…that’s about it for me

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – June 26, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to Saturday?

Comment by Ezzy Klein – June 26, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s three – not four – hours of “The X Factor”.

Comment by Lili – June 26, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Indeed! Amendola!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 26, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones, New Girl, The Mindy Project, Raising Hope, Enlisted, and Brooklyn Nine Nine

Comment by Nick – June 26, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe FOX is going to regret. I mean i really liked Almost Human’s trailer but i just have a feeling that 2 or 3 episodes later people are going to stop watching it. And didnt like the new comedys at all. So i believe couple months later FOX will realise that bones,the following and the new girl are the only good shows that they have. (&about the ratings as well.)

Comment by Melissa – June 26, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bones was the highest rated scripted finale on Fox this season and that is the thanks it gets: moved to Fridays. ..Bones kept Fox steady on a Monday when their other shows tanked in that dog fight of slot and that is the thanks it gets: moved to Fridays…..Sleepy Hollow would have to tank hard and fast to stop the Bones move to Friday in Nov imo….

Comment by amber – June 26, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • * meant Bones 2nd highest scripted finale, of course The Following was #1 …. d’oh!!!

Comment by amber – June 26, 2013 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Karl Urban was also in the”Lord of the Rings” movie. Who is he replacing on “Bones?”?

Comment by Margie Clark (@lolyncut) – June 26, 2013 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dr. Leonard “Bones” McCoy on Star Trek?

Comment by Emily – June 26, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I might watch Dads. Not sure about Master Chef Juniors. As for Brooklyn Nine…the promos look stupid. Don’t think that will work for me.

Comment by Lily – June 26, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones moving to Friday night after baseball… So in 8 seasons, Bones has aired on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. Epic-fail Fox! Thank goodness for the loyal fan base is all I can say. I still hoping this never happens….

Comment by Linda – June 26, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Linda

I’m still hoping it doesn’t happen either.

Comment by Sarah – June 26, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure why they don’t hold off until after baseball. Does it make sense to start mid-end of September and then 2 episodes later these shows are gone for a month?

Comment by TL – June 26, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you lucky people over the ocean , I ,living in Holland, am still waiting for Bones 8 !
    And I’m verry jealous about that, espacially when I read the comments about this

Comment by jop de ruiter – June 26, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m with those that think that Bones will probably not actually end up moving to Fridays. If one of Fox’s new shows (like oh, say, Sleepy Hollow) gets cancelled early, Bones will probably stay on Monday.

Comment by JC – June 26, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m hoping for that too!

Comment by geraghtyvl – June 26, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sleepy Hollow might make it. Almost Human is the one that’s getting cancelled early. That means Bones will be back on Mondays before Christmas.

Comment by Jay – July 1, 2013 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They have threatened to move Bones to Friday before, never happened.

Raising Hope should be on Tuesday, how did that horrible Mindy show get renewed? The ratings were lacking at best.

Comment by Midori – June 26, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just Bones for me. And midseason I’ll try Us&Them because I like the cast.

Comment by lyn – June 26, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think any network on a premiere of fall schedule should be able to show encores of shows and call that programming, Friday line-up. I also think a kids show of Master Chef is crap! Enough with the Gordon shows~

Comment by DavidSask – June 26, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still can’t comprehend FOX’s treatment of Raising Hope. It’s Friday slot makes no sense! Moving it from the Tuesday comedy block is unfounded. I actually find myself hoping that one or both of the new comedies will fail, forcing FOX to put Raising Hope back where it belongs. And don’t even get me started on their treatment of Bones…..using it to help launch a new show, but then dumping it to Friday after the World Series. Grrrrrr!

Comment by Ashlyn – June 26, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FOX is the worst..but has great shows and faithful fans from way back with The X-Files to Bones, Fringe and The Killing. :)

Comment by Faisal – June 26, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for the November 4th premiere of Almost Human. This series has Minka Kelly in it (how bad she was when the actress was in the very poor TV reboot of Charlie’s Angels).

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – June 26, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah but I liked her in Friday Night Lights. I thought she was decent in that, I didn’t watch the Charlie’s Angels reboot though.

Comment by cas – June 27, 2013 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sleepy Hollow, Glee and Raising Hope! Can’t wait! I gave up on Bones a long ago.

Comment by Jaime04 – June 26, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch Bones, Raising Hope, all the new comedies, all the new dramas (at least for an episode or 2), and NOT New Girl, Family Guy or The Mindy Project.

Comment by Zach – June 26, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF Fox? Raising Hope on Friday I better be dreaming.

Comment by Amelia – June 26, 2013 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How on earth is MasterChef lasting until September? Are there two seasons of it this summer or are they going to start doing only one hour a week or have a lot of offweeks or what?

Comment by Grace – June 26, 2013 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I was wondering!!!

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – June 27, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New Girl, Bones, Us and Them (I love Gavin and Stacey so have to try the American version!) and Glee are going to be my shows! :D <3

Comment by Em J – June 26, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am not sure how i feel about bones being moved to fridays. i have a lot of things to tape on monday so maybe its a good thing, but we shall see.

Comment by Jacqi – June 26, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll try some of the new shows. See how they go. I’m a follower of Bones and Raising Hope though. I really don’t want Friday’s for them. Boo. Stopped watching Glee this past season. Thursday’s I like other network shows better. I like The Voice so Fox will be out those nights.

Comment by Sela – June 26, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As an avid 24 fan, I can’t wait for the next 11 months to watch 24: Live Another Day on Fox. :-)

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – June 26, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi Matt. Correction one of the shows: The Masterchef spin-off is “Junior MasterChef” and not the other way around. :)

Comment by James – June 26, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Moving Bones to Fridays isn’t such a bad thing. The ratings for Bones continue to be good for Fox and having the series up against less competition pretty much guarantees it a couple more seasons. Sure it was doing just fine on Mondays but I think it will do well on any night because of the loyal audience it continues to have.

Comment by Jared – June 26, 2013 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah but people are going to DVR it on Friday not watch it live. Which will hurt ratings.

Comment by cas – June 27, 2013 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Feeling a need to go out on Friday’s is “herd mentality”. Friday, and Saturday, are the best nights of the week to watch television shows. Most people do not work on the proceeding nights, and therefore have plenty of time to do all the things they want to do, including viewing of their favourite shows. Besides, there is nothing stopping the “herders” from watching the shows first, and then going out later. There will still be plenty of woman left to bang, after 10 PM..lol.

Comment by VJ – September 19, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • …..women….lol.

Comment by VJ – September 19, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ….women…lol.

Comment by VJ – September 19, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Bones!

Comment by ingmarhappy – June 27, 2013 01:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think moving Bones to Friday is the death nail everyone seems to think it is. I actually think its a pretty smart move. By now the show has pretty solid core audience that is probably made of of an older demo. It has proven it can survive time shifts. And its boils down to a police procedural which when paired with CBS’s H50 at 9 and Blue Bloods at 10 ( a very successful Friday night show btw) probably makes a solid night of programming for fans of that genre. Plus, as was also pointed out already, as soon as one of their hour-long dramas fails (as is inevitable for any network) they will have Bones on the bench to fill in the time slot.

Comment by EDtv – June 27, 2013 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think Fox is shafting Bones (but alas, I don’t watch it so I’m not invested) – I think they believe it will maintain it’s audience even on Friday nights, because the fans have stuck with it for so long. Even if that means the fans will watch it online on Saturday morning, or whatever. And if Almost Human fails (which it might – I mean, if the show is not well written it will be a gigantic cheesefest, based on the premise), then Bones will be back to Monday nights before the end of the year…

I’m just excited for New Girl. I love it!

Comment by Abby – June 27, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate when networks keep moving shows to new nights. The way I watch shows it does not matter, (recorded or other methods), but it is unfair to the show. I love Bones.

Comment by Leave Comments – July 4, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about “The Following??”

Comment by Mark – July 18, 2013 02:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • x factor, American dad , maybe dads, family guy

Comment by antonio raffoul – July 20, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why has bones moved to fridays!!

Comment by maddie – October 10, 2013 02:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It doesn’t seem like you guys have been paying attention to the ratings wishing that Sleepy Hollow will bomb. It has been renewed for a second season and has higher ratings than Bones

Comment by KillerBee – October 20, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Doesn’t seem like you paid any attention to the dates most of these comments were posted, well before Sleepy Hollow actually started airing.

Comment by JC – October 20, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear Fox,

Here we go. With regards to this “drop kick” treatment of “Bones.” Just like the “X-Files”, you take one of your best and boot it to the “Dead Zone.” (Friday’s).

Right now you have “Bones” kicking off Monday, followed by a surprisingly well-written, intriguing twist on a Classic. “Sleepy Hallow.” You lose me after that. As “Castle” calls me.

I know, get to the point. FOX don’t play with something that’s not broken. Because, truthfully, if it wasn’t for “Bones” and “Sleepy Hallow”, I wouldn’t even think of your Network.

No offense, just an opinion from one person.

Comment by Jeff Niewinski – October 24, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • True fan of bones and will watch whatever night it is on, monday seemed to be good.
    I just don’t want to see bones cancelled, it is delightful, having murder, comedy, and romance, what more can you ask for. Please fox get your act together and leave on shows like bones that are entertaining.

Thanks bones, your whole cast and crew are fantastic.

Ruth Ann

Comment by ruth ann walker – October 30, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree totally with your comment. I also really enjoy Bones and would find it truly “sad” that FOX moved the show to Fridays in order to cancel it!!! It does have many followers who would be quite upset if the show was cancelled!!!

Comment by Frances1374 – December 30, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post