What to Watch Sunday: Finales for Mad Men and Veep, Diva's Back, Maids Gets Devious and More

mad-men-s6-finale-300On TV this Sunday: Mad Men‘s season finale is problematic, Veep wraps another term, Donald Sutherland crosses Lines, the Devious Maids report for work and Bravo honors James Gandolfini.

Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

6 pm Inside the Actors Studio (Bravo) | A special rebroadcast of the late James Gandolfini’s appearance on the series, which originally aired Oct. 17, 2004.

RELATEDSopranos Family Tributes James Gandolfini: ‘He Was a Man of Tremendous Sensitivity’

8 pm Celebrity Wife Swap (ABC) | Season 2 summer premiere: Sarah Palin’s daughters Bristol and Willow trade lives with Joan and Melissa Rivers. (There’s probably enough drama for a whole series, right?)

8 pm Cupcake Wars (Food Network) | The bakers compete for the chance to serve their creations at the Chicago Toy and Game Fair.

PREVIEW | Drop Dead Diva Boss Talks Jane’s Complex Love Life, Losing Parker and the New Hottie Angel

9 pm Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime) | Season 5 premiere: Jane searches for Owen, who went missing after seeing her kiss Grayson before their wedding.

9 pm Whodunnit? (ABC) | Series premiere: In this competition series, 13 strangers play a high-stakes game of murder and intrigue at Rue Manor. In each episode, contestants face elimination as they try to determine the “killer” among them. (Sounds a lot like The Mole, but without Anderson Cooper’s impeccable hosting skills.)crossing-lines-series-premiere

9 pm Crossing Lines (NBC) | Two-hour series premiere: Former NYPD detective Carl Hickman (Prison Break‘s William Fichtner) has been called upon by the International Criminal Court’s special crimes unit to track down global felons. Under the watchful eye of ICC Inspector Michel Dorn (Donald Sutherland), Carl reluctantly joins the team.

PREVIEW | Falling Skies Exclusive Video Sneak Peek: It’s Hal Versus Hal!

10 pm Mad Men (AMC) | Season finale: “Don has a problem.” (See our suggestions for what that could possibly mean.) (Not yet formally renewed; check its current status.)

10 pm Copper (BBC America) | Season 2 premiere: Detective Corcoran must follow the rules of the new Sergeant Donovan (Donal Logue, Sons of Anarchy) as they hunt for missing boys.

10 pm Veep (HBO) | Season finale: With Selina’s future in doubt, the entire staff goes on a frenzied job hunt. (Yep, renewed.)

10 pm Devious Maids (Lifetime) | Series premiere: Four Latina maids work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. In the pilot episode, after fellow maid Flora (Paula Garces, All My Children) is murdered, newcomer Marisol (Ana Ortiz, Ugly Betty) goes undercover to learn the truth of the crime. (Weigh in on the “controversial” premise.)

Comments (35)

• Why do you have Not yet renewed next to Mad men? It’s got one more season left.

Comment by cat – June 23, 2013 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whodunit? Sounds a lot like a show that was on a couple of years ago, I can’t recall the name of it but the winner was a NY firefighter that died in the towers on 9/11.

I’m surprised no one has made the comparison, or maybe in the only one that watched it!

Comment by Gaby – June 23, 2013 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, I watched it too. I think it was called “Murder in Small Town X”….or something like that.

Comment by Erin – June 23, 2013 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing not on? Rats. :(

Comment by Kim R – June 23, 2013 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TV.com and IMDb say The Killing is on with episode 5 “Scared and Running”.

Comment by jimbo – June 23, 2013 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Phew thanks!

Comment by Sara – June 23, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I checked my listings and they say it’s on as well. Excellent. :)

Comment by Kim R – June 23, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Somebody better die tonight on Mad Men (*cough* Megan *cough*); there’s been so much foreshadowing, especially Don watching that crime PSA/political ad(?) on TV last ep.

Comment by Saint Alicia – June 23, 2013 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing and Crossing Lines. I’m also hugely superexcited for Under the Dome on Monday.

Comment by jimbo – June 23, 2013 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mad Men
    The Killing
    Copper
    Falling Skies
    Drop Dead Diva
    Will DVR Crossing Lines next Saturday

Hey, why isn’t Copper mentioned in this article? It’s the season premiere!

Comment by LynnH – June 23, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Never mind, Copper is there. I must be going blind.

Comment by LynnH – June 23, 2013 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very glad I’m not relying on your recommendations to remember my favorites.

Live:

Crossing Lines NBC (9-11 PM)

Online, on demand or late night rebroadcast:

Copper (BBC America) 10 PM, repeats at 11, 12, and 1
    Falling Skies (SyFy) 10 PM, repeats at 11
    True Blood (HBO) 9 PM, repeats at 11

Devious Maids (Lifetime) 10 PM, repeats 11 PM – will likely only watch the first episode of this but want to check it out since it is supposed to be a murder mystery.

I will watch The Killing after I finish catching up on Season 2.

Comment by Maryann – June 23, 2013 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Drop Dead Diva, check out Devious Maids

Comment by Brandy – June 23, 2013 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to Drop Dead Diva and the Castle repeat on ABC.

Comment by Kate – June 23, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW – No True Blood recommendation huh? I guess even TV Line is bored by now…

I’ll be watching The Killing, no matter how often I have to avert my eyes during any given episode

Comment by redjane12 – June 23, 2013 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan isn’t dying tonight, Matt Weiner already said so.

Comment by M – June 23, 2013 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dvring Whoodunnit? And Falling Skies. Love Falling Skies

Comment by Josh – June 23, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The season finale of Mad Men. Hope next season is going to be its last (fingers crossed).

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – June 23, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be DVRing everything – The Killing, Devious Maids, Drop Dead Diva, Mad Men, Copper, Falling Skies, Veep, Family Ties, RHONJ, HGTV Star and Food Network Star) to watch at my leisure this week, except forTrue Blood (which has been must see TV for the family since the beginning). I love cable TV replays, don’t know what I’d do without them.

Comment by Mel – June 23, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Inspector Lewis on PBS. There’s nothing like an English mystery to wind down the weekend.

Comment by JCK – June 23, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Inspector Lewis and Sgt. Hathaway make for perfect viewing. I’ll follow them with Copper.

Comment by mags – June 23, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Is it just me or does Tom Weston-Jones on Copper look a lot like Michael Grant Terry the squint on Bones?

Comment by JCK – June 23, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Now that you mention it, yes, they do look alike.

Comment by mags – June 24, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing, Falling Skies, and season finale of Mad Men.

Comment by Joey – June 23, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing and Mad Men

Comment by Holly – June 23, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing, Family Tree and Mad Men.

Comment by Roni – June 23, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing, Veep, Crossing Lines Mad Men just doesn’t have enough Peggy in it.

Comment by bobbie – June 23, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why isn’t true blood on this list?

Comment by Charlie – June 23, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Killing before anything else!

Comment by arial2 – June 23, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Got excited for a minute there about Crossing Lines – thought Michael Dorn was finally back as a regular on my tv….but nope, just the character’s name. Lol.

Comment by mia – June 23, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lifetime came to Canada about a year ago, but I fail to see why they even bothered if they’re going to not broadcast their shows simultaneously. Runway gets aired months after its US showing and I have no idea when Drop Dead Diva is airing here. I’m just going to download the episodes.

Comment by mia – June 23, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Crossing Lines and will continue to watch it over the summer.

Comment by TVPeong – June 23, 2013 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Whodunnit and will continue to watch it over the summer.

Comment by Eli – June 24, 2013 04:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post