The Veronica Mars Movie: Percy Daggs III Is In!

Get More: Casting News

Veronica Mars Movie Cast Percy Daggs IIIWhen Veronica Mars hits the big screen next year, the pretty private eye won’t be without her bestie.

Percy Daggs III will revisit his role of Wallace Fennel in the fan-funded film adaptation, creator Rob Thomas announced Friday.

RELATEDThe Veronica Mars Movie — 7 Big Spoilers, Including Who Won’t Be Back

“As so many of you wrote to remind me, Wallace’s friendship with Veronica has always been one of the foundations of the show,” Thomas wrote in an email to those who pledged the project on Kickstarter.

“And now that he’s officially signed, I can admit that there was never a version of the script that didn’t include him. It just wouldn’t happen.”

Thomas also passed along a video (embedded below) of Daggs thanking fans himself. “What can I say, man? The reunion is real,” the beaming actor says in the self-shot clip, which also includes shout-outs to co-stars Kristen “KB” Bell and Enrico Colantoni.

RELATED | 7 Shows That Should Follow Veronica Mars‘ Kickstarter Lead (and 3 That Shouldn’t)

As previously announced, original cast member Jason Dohring has also signed on to the film, which is set at Veronica’s 10-year high school reunion and — as Thomas notes in his email — will begin shooting in about 10 days.

Press PLAY to hear Daggs’ grateful thoughts, then hit the comments, Marshmallows!

Comments (47)

• *does Numfar’s dance of joy*

Comment by Thea – June 7, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would like to add the snoopy dance with you!

Comment by Nora – June 7, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NUMFAR! Do the dance of joy! Lol.

Comment by mia – June 7, 2013 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love all 3 of you.

Comment by Amanda – June 8, 2013 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • seeing this made me so happy… enough to do Numfar’s dance

Comment by Smigglesby – June 8, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • getting better and better v mars is one of the best shows

Comment by Kerry – June 7, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know he’s not exactly beloved, but I need Piz in this film. I always thought he was so adorable, and Chris Lowell deserves more of a movie career.

Comment by Sam – June 7, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh please. He’s not even from Neptune. He’s adorable, but not needed for this movie.

Comment by BookGirl – June 7, 2013 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really hope Piz isn’t in it. He was annoying as all heck. Same with Veronica’s roommate lol.

Comment by mia – June 8, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Piz is already in the movie. Chris Lowell gave an interview a week or so ago, saying that he couldn’t wait to work with the gang again and that it’s going to be amazing.

Comment by Amanda – June 8, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Whatever..while Wallace WAS NEEDED Piz WAS NOT !! I did not contribute to this movie to see Piz on-screen.. Chris Lowell being ‘adorable’ in real life or not ! As a viewer i don’t freaking care !
          p.s: better be a Piz cameo Rob Thomas..better be..

Comment by lulu – June 8, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • “Better be” Or what? you weirdo.

Comment by Joe – June 8, 2013 08:25 PM PDT
  • It wouldn’t have been the same without Wallace… great news for the Marshmallows

Comment by Amy – June 7, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still hoping Francis Capra will be announced soon, I want to see what Weevil’s been up to!

Comment by justawatcher – June 7, 2013 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same! He’s the character I’ve missed the most besides Veronica herself. They need to hurry up and announce he’s in it before I give myself a complex lol

Comment by Thea – June 7, 2013 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! We want Weevil!

Comment by B – June 7, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Weevil and Mac are the ones left for me to be 100% happy

Comment by Maris – June 7, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep!

Comment by Carrie – June 7, 2013 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes!!! Weevil!! I love him!

Comment by mia – June 8, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Weevil should be on this movie and with an important role but Piz WAS NOT needed. End of story.

Comment by lulu – June 8, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldnt mind Piz having a cameo even in flashback form. as for Capra he needs to be brought in soon!

Comment by Kerry – June 7, 2013 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if we’ll find out that Veronica has been FedExing boxes of snickerdoodles to Wallace ever since she left for Stanford?? ;-)

Comment by Alichat – June 7, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There would be no point to the movie without him.

Comment by Midori – June 7, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow Wallace got hot. Also, yes, we need Weevil! He and Dick are the only other must-have characters for me, although I’d love Mac, Leo and Vinnie Van Lowe. Still can’t believe this is happening!

Comment by Lauren – June 7, 2013 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully if the movie is successful, it will lead to additional episodes – on NetFlix or Amazon. That would be an even more amazing outcome!

Comment by Chicago Dan – June 8, 2013 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need tina majorino!! I love mac the most out of the suporting cast

Comment by lisa – June 8, 2013 12:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Duncan, Piz and Mac? Come on, Rob Thomas.

Comment by nikki – June 8, 2013 03:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mac yep the other two; just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i prefer to see Hannah or/and Parker to them. Yep i said it.

Comment by lulu – June 8, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not sure about Duncan, wouldn’t he still be a fugitive…? I would like a Lily Kane dream though.

Comment by Rook – June 8, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let Mac be confirmed soon! I know Tina Majorino is extremely busy but we can’t have a VM movie without Mac!! She was always my fave aside from Veronica herself.

Comment by Josh Emerson – June 8, 2013 03:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thomas did say he is looking to announce a cast member every day next week, so hopefully the people listed above will appear.

Comment by Ashley – June 8, 2013 04:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now i need Weevil, Mac and Duncan!!!!!

Comment by albtrex – June 8, 2013 04:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For me Wallace is the unsung hero of the show. Besides Keith Mars of course no one has ever shown more loyalty to Veronica. He wasn’t just her friend. he was her brother. He has always always had her back so I’m elated that he is officially onboard. It would not have been a worthwhile experience without him.

Comment by Lovely – June 8, 2013 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mac! Weevil! Duncan! Vinnie! Cliff!
    Glad Wallace is in – wouldn’t have felt complete without him.

Comment by canadian ninja – June 8, 2013 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • According to IMDb, Tina Majorino is “in negotiations” for the VM movie. Let’s hope they reach an agreement.

Comment by waffles – June 8, 2013 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rob Thomas says, “If all goes according to plan, we’ll have casting news every day next week.”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 8, 2013 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tina Majorino seems the only one that might have trouble being apart of this since she either has Grey’s or that new TNT show(not sure which she is gonna be apart of next year). Really hope she is apart of the movie just wouldnt be Veronica Mars without her

Comment by ggny – June 8, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really happy!

Comment by Mari – June 8, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am probably the only one,but I WANT HANNNAH!!!!!!!

Comment by Eli – June 8, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • would prefer to see Hannah than Piz, that’s for sure..moreover her storyline was so much more interesting.

Comment by lulu – June 8, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I hope Tina Marjorino (Mac) and Ryan Hansen (Dick Casablancas) sign up too… Fingers crossed!!!

Comment by redjane12 – June 8, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited by this news. For me Veronica,Logan,Keith and Wallace were the musts. Keping my fingers crossed for Mac and Weevil.

Comment by Patti – June 8, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally agree, they are the token, needed cast. After that..i would say Lamb but they killed of his character..and Vinnie and Dick for good measure.

Comment by lulu – June 8, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • even in a dream sequence or a ghost presence.. amanda seyfried should return

Comment by Fernanda – June 8, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Wallace, and he is important to the movie. I’m very happy that he’ll be in it. :D

Comment by Alex – June 10, 2013 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a TM fan, so I could care less if Mac is in this. Hope she isn’t on GA much next season.

Comment by lorna – June 10, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post