Sunday Finale Ratings: Once Upon a Time Flat, Revenge Dips, Survivor Tops Night

Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs. FavoritesCBS’ Survivor: Caramoan finale led this Sunday night in both total viewers — with just under 10 million — and in the demo, scoring a 2.6.

Pending an expected adjustment upward, those numbers are on par with last Wednesday’s penultimate episode yet mark dips of 2 percent and two tenths from a year ago’s One World closer. Likewise, Caramoan’s reunion special (8.35 mil/2.2) was off two tenths from last spring’s.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season Finale Recap: The Lost Boy

Over on ABC, Once Upon a Time’s Season 2 finale drew 7.2 mil and a 2.2, shedding a handful of eyeballs week-to-week but steady in the demo. Revenge’s two-hour capper then did 6 mil/1.6, down 13 percent and two tenths.

Versus their freshman finales, Once and Revenge were each down 25 percent in total audience and 33 percent in the demo.

RELATED | Revenge Season Finale Recap: A View to a Kill

On Fox, Family Guy (4.7 mil/2.4) was up, The Simpsons (4.1 mil/1.9) was flat and the finales of Bob’s Burgers (3.3 mil/1.6) and American Dad (4 mil/1.9) were down 6 and 17 percent, respectively.

NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice (4.2 mil/1.3) dropped 13 percent.

1. SoFla says:

Revenge down? Hopefully it is because everyone dvr’d it – that was the best episode of the entire season!

• Crena says:

Agreed! I wouldn’t take my eyes off the screen for a moment to check my cell – it was so good! So many revelations and so many twists and turns! All what is loved about Revenge! So looking forward to S3!

• L says:

Nope, just because they kinda sucked all the fun out and made all the characters either repetitive, unlikeable or both. Not trying to be a hater, it was my #1 show last season, don’t know what happened with it this year but gave it up around ep. #8

• DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

The first half of the season was slow. After Christmas, it came back to an awesome storyline. You should check it out.

• Esaul says:

I don’t bother watching shows on NBC, ABC, FOX or the CW live or recorded. I rely on Hulu so I wonder who else does the same and if (even if it adds a little) the numbers would show different results.

2. Boiler says:

Also agree. Would guess that Survivor hurt the numbers and Revenge and OUAT DVR’d. Saw on another site that Revenge edged up in the 2nd hour

3. NCSouthernBelle says:

I’m hoping that the fact yesterday was Mother’s Day is the reason why the ratings were down. Revenge was amazing last night.

4. A says:

Before people start saying “1.6 for Revenge? But it was a good episode.” Remember, Mother’s Day was yesterday. There are people that were with their families NOT watching TV.

5. katie says:

It was Mother’s Day, everything was bound to be DVR’d

6. Cindy Alge says:

I most definitely dvr’d Revenge. If I couldn’t have I would have watched Regenge over Survivor!! Awesome season finale!! Can’t wait for S3

7. Elizabeth Klein says:

I am surprised that Once Upon A Time was down. I thought it was quite a breathtaking episode and I am so excited for the next season!!!

8. Ari says:

Hopefully they do something special for OUAT over the break so people can start watching season 3 and understand it. It’s definitely an adventure series that would appeal to people if they understood what is going on.

9. Spencer says:

Wth? People still care about Survivor?? That show is irrelevant…

• CS Glo says:

Best show in TV Spence.
      Check it out. Next season should be awesome too.

• Philip Starns says:

It’s had 26 seasons aired, 27 coming up this fall and still one of the most popular reality shows there is. I wouldn’t call that irrelevant.

• Mel says:

It never ceases to amaze me how people will criticize things they don’t care for, like their opinion is the only one that matters. Spencer, who died and made you king of the world? Huh? No one? Well then why don’t you just keep your big fat trap shut dumba*s!

• CS Glo says:

Survivor has 10 million loyal viewers and is a show that the whole family can watch and enjoy together. With much of the trash that makes up TV, how many shows can you say that about?

• Matthew says:

Irrelevant? That’s why Variety called it the show of the decade, huh?

10. forwarddad says:

CA down 13%. Yet NBC continues to renew and Trump still lives in the world where he thinks his 2 hour info commercial is relevant smdh.

11. GS says:

Not that I see how it matters since I’m not a Nielson viewer but I DVR’ed Revenge and watched Survivor live because I wanted to see Cochran win it! Looking forward to watching it though since everyone says it was great. I am done with OUAT. It just got too crazy with too many characters, lands, and weird stories.

12. Gillian says:

Revenge was awesome last night! Hopefully the ratings tick up next season. OUAT, on the other hand, ended weak. Hopefully season 3 will improve or it might be its last season.

13. leonard says:

it was mother’s day! probably dvr’d the whole sunday night line-up

14. Whatever says:

NBC CANCEL the DONALD

15. A says:

Revenge was down because everyone was out celebrating Mother’s Day with their families like I was

16. Britta Unfiltered says:

How could people be watching TV when it was such a beautiful May spring evening? :) At least here it was. I hiked the canyon, photographed a herd of deer, then sat outside on my patio, drank raspberry lemonade, and enjoyed the hummingbirds buzzing around my new hanging baskets. That is divine entertainment. I did make it to Mad Men, but was an hour late and had to catch it on DVR. Then it was on to a very slow-loading Game of Thrones, and then bed. Both were excellent episodes.

17. Gerald says:

I dvr’d Survivor and fast forwarded as soon as Eddie was gone. It was a fore gone conclusion at that point. But really enjoyed watching Once. Great show.

18. Fan says:

OUAT was a really good ep.

19. Sarah says:

Loved watching Once can’t wait for the next season!!!