Sunday Finale Ratings: Once Upon a Time Flat, Revenge Dips, Survivor Tops Night

Get More: Finales, News, Ratings

Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs. FavoritesCBS’ Survivor: Caramoan finale led this Sunday night in both total viewers — with just under 10 million — and in the demo, scoring a 2.6.

Pending an expected adjustment upward, those numbers are on par with last Wednesday’s penultimate episode yet mark dips of 2 percent and two tenths from a year ago’s One World closer. Likewise, Caramoan’s reunion special (8.35 mil/2.2) was off two tenths from last spring’s.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season Finale Recap: The Lost Boy

Over on ABC, Once Upon a Time’s Season 2 finale drew 7.2 mil and a 2.2, shedding a handful of eyeballs week-to-week but steady in the demo. Revenge’s two-hour capper then did 6 mil/1.6, down 13 percent and two tenths.

Versus their freshman finales, Once and Revenge were each down 25 percent in total audience and 33 percent in the demo.

RELATED | Revenge Season Finale Recap: A View to a Kill

On Fox, Family Guy (4.7 mil/2.4) was up, The Simpsons (4.1 mil/1.9) was flat and the finales of Bob’s Burgers (3.3 mil/1.6) and American Dad (4 mil/1.9) were down 6 and 17 percent, respectively.

NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice (4.2 mil/1.3) dropped 13 percent.

Comments (31)

• Revenge down? Hopefully it is because everyone dvr’d it – that was the best episode of the entire season!

Comment by SoFla – May 13, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! I wouldn’t take my eyes off the screen for a moment to check my cell – it was so good! So many revelations and so many twists and turns! All what is loved about Revenge! So looking forward to S3!

Comment by Crena – May 13, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, just because they kinda sucked all the fun out and made all the characters either repetitive, unlikeable or both. Not trying to be a hater, it was my #1 show last season, don’t know what happened with it this year but gave it up around ep. #8

Comment by L – May 13, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The first half of the season was slow. After Christmas, it came back to an awesome storyline. You should check it out.

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – May 13, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t bother watching shows on NBC, ABC, FOX or the CW live or recorded. I rely on Hulu so I wonder who else does the same and if (even if it adds a little) the numbers would show different results.

Comment by Esaul – May 13, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also agree. Would guess that Survivor hurt the numbers and Revenge and OUAT DVR’d. Saw on another site that Revenge edged up in the 2nd hour

Comment by Boiler – May 13, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • can u tell me which site was that?

Comment by acie; – May 13, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping that the fact yesterday was Mother’s Day is the reason why the ratings were down. Revenge was amazing last night.

Comment by NCSouthernBelle – May 13, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Before people start saying “1.6 for Revenge? But it was a good episode.” Remember, Mother’s Day was yesterday. There are people that were with their families NOT watching TV.

Comment by A – May 13, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was Mother’s Day, everything was bound to be DVR’d

Comment by katie – May 13, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I most definitely dvr’d Revenge. If I couldn’t have I would have watched Regenge over Survivor!! Awesome season finale!! Can’t wait for S3

Comment by Cindy Alge – May 13, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am surprised that Once Upon A Time was down. I thought it was quite a breathtaking episode and I am so excited for the next season!!!

Comment by Elizabeth Klein – May 13, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully they do something special for OUAT over the break so people can start watching season 3 and understand it. It’s definitely an adventure series that would appeal to people if they understood what is going on.

Comment by Ari – May 13, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wth? People still care about Survivor?? That show is irrelevant…

Comment by Spencer – May 13, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Best show in TV Spence.
      Check it out. Next season should be awesome too.

Comment by CS Glo – May 13, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s had 26 seasons aired, 27 coming up this fall and still one of the most popular reality shows there is. I wouldn’t call that irrelevant.

Comment by Philip Starns – May 13, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It never ceases to amaze me how people will criticize things they don’t care for, like their opinion is the only one that matters. Spencer, who died and made you king of the world? Huh? No one? Well then why don’t you just keep your big fat trap shut dumba*s!

Comment by Mel – May 13, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • IMO Spencer is the kind of person who says “No On goes there anymore. It’s too crowded”. LOL

Comment by lyn – May 13, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Survivor has 10 million loyal viewers and is a show that the whole family can watch and enjoy together. With much of the trash that makes up TV, how many shows can you say that about?

Comment by CS Glo – May 13, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Irrelevant? That’s why Variety called it the show of the decade, huh?

Comment by Matthew – May 14, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CA down 13%. Yet NBC continues to renew and Trump still lives in the world where he thinks his 2 hour info commercial is relevant smdh.

Comment by forwarddad – May 13, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not that I see how it matters since I’m not a Nielson viewer but I DVR’ed Revenge and watched Survivor live because I wanted to see Cochran win it! Looking forward to watching it though since everyone says it was great. I am done with OUAT. It just got too crazy with too many characters, lands, and weird stories.

Comment by GS – May 13, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge was awesome last night! Hopefully the ratings tick up next season. OUAT, on the other hand, ended weak. Hopefully season 3 will improve or it might be its last season.

Comment by Gillian – May 13, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it was mother’s day! probably dvr’d the whole sunday night line-up

Comment by leonard – May 13, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC CANCEL the DONALD

Comment by Whatever – May 13, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If only they would. I’m pretty sure it got renewed already though.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – May 13, 2013 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge was down because everyone was out celebrating Mother’s Day with their families like I was

Comment by A – May 13, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How could people be watching TV when it was such a beautiful May spring evening? :) At least here it was. I hiked the canyon, photographed a herd of deer, then sat outside on my patio, drank raspberry lemonade, and enjoyed the hummingbirds buzzing around my new hanging baskets. That is divine entertainment. I did make it to Mad Men, but was an hour late and had to catch it on DVR. Then it was on to a very slow-loading Game of Thrones, and then bed. Both were excellent episodes.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – May 13, 2013 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dvr’d Survivor and fast forwarded as soon as Eddie was gone. It was a fore gone conclusion at that point. But really enjoyed watching Once. Great show.

Comment by Gerald – May 15, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OUAT was a really good ep.

Comment by Fan – May 16, 2013 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved watching Once can’t wait for the next season!!!

Comment by Sarah – May 28, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post