Was Nashville's Gay Kiss a Shock? Will Arizona Get 'Googled'? Arrow Gal Super? And More Qs!

Popular TV Shows 2013We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Bones, New Girl, Nashville, Arrow and Grey’s Anatomy!

1 | Smash is obviously on the path toward “redeeming” self-absorbed, drug-addicted, obnoxious Jimmy, but after he took the stage high as a kite (leading to a mid-performance injury to Karen) and later chewed out the entire cast and crew (screaming “I’m the only one that did anything anyway!”), won’t the writers’ efforts inevitably be a case of too little too late?

2 | Do Once Upon a Time‘s Peasant Regina and Scandal‘s Homeless Huck share a hairdresser? Speakings of the former show, Dear Snow White: If you don’t at least take out the Evil Queen’s kneecap with an arrow upon seeing that she murdered an entire village, when do you use your bow?

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Season 2 Spoilers — Neal and Emma’s ‘Unfinished Business’

3 | So let us get this straight: Mad Men‘s Peggy accepts a lift home from from Don and Megan following the the Ad Club Awards and they don’t show us the ride? To be a fly on the wall of that Coupe de Ville.

4 | Game of Thrones‘ Jon Snow sure is a fast learner, isn’t he? And if there are caves warm enough to strip naked north of the wall, why do the wildlings insist on living in tents in the snow?

5 | As cool as the twist with Cary was, did any Good Wife fans really think Alicia would arrange a rendezvous with Will in the house her kids call home?

Popular TV Show 20136 | Bones fans, what sorts of revenge scenarios are you dreaming up for Pelant for breaking up Booth and Brennan’s all-too-brief engagement?

7 | Did The Following‘s Ryan really need a big kitchen knife to open a measly plastic bag?

RELATED | The Following Season 2 Spoilers — Joe Carroll’s Future

8 | How sweet (and oddly romantic) was New Girl‘s unexpected flashback of a much heavier Schmidt bumping into Cece at Clyde’s Bar and being so flummoxed that he could only ask her if she liked DVDs?

9 | How are we feeling about Awkward‘s new couple, Jake and Tamara? Does the idea of T finally getting a good guy, coupled with their crazy energy, outweigh the bizarreness of the pairing?

10 | Matthew Gray Gubler never directs any garden-variety Criminal Minds episode, does he? Like, did even Hannibal Lecter watch this week’s episode and get the creeps? And then they cap it off with a huge “Awwwww” of a Maeve cameo!

Popular TV Shows 201311 | Not to belabor a point, but is Arrow‘s Felicity one of TV’s most entertaining characters? (And wasn’t the graphic emblem on her shirt almost Superman-like?) Also, the Sam “Flash Gordon” Jones wig aside, didn’t Arrow do a pretty good job of making Flashback Oliver look boyish and non-chiseled — almost, gasp, doughy?

RELATED | Spoilers for Criminal Minds, NCIS, Grimm, Castle and More

12 | Nashville‘s Will-Gunnar kiss: total surprise or saw-it-coming-from-a-mile-away? (We swear, we almost put a question into this column weeks ago about whether Will was playing for the other team — or at least both teams.) On that note…

13 | If American Idol really wants to give a jolt to its ratings for the last few weeks of Season 12, shouldn’t it stop considering J.Lo as a replacement for Mariah, and instead swap out Randy Jackson for this week’s brash, goofy, opinionated mentor Harry Connick, Jr.? (That’s change we can believe in…and set our DVRs for!)

14 | Show of hands, The Americans fans: Who was surprised/relieved both Nina and Claudia made it out of the finale alive?

RELATED | The Americans Season 2 Spoilers — Claudia’s Future, Changing Jennings Family Dynamics

15 | Has Big Bang Theory undone all the progress it made with Raj by saddling him with a precious, foo-foo dog? And can Professor Proton move into the guys’ building? (On the first floor, of course.)

Popular TV Shows 201316 | Do you think Grey’s Anatomy newbie Lauren will, ahem, “Google” Arizona proper before the season’s over? Who else let out a “whoa…” when Bailey’s obsessive-compulsive project was revealed? And are you having a tough time picturing admittedly douchey Chest Pecwell as a violent person, let alone one who beats on women?

17 | Scandal‘s James sure lucked into a nice little “get” there for his first on-camera gig, eh? But what happened to Liv’s stance that she can’t rob America of a great president to sate her own heart?

18 | Anyone catch So You Think You Can Dance Season 8 winner Melanie Moore in the ensemble of Kate Hudson’s performance of “Uptight (Everything’s Alright)” on Glee? And if so, don’t you wish she’d gotten just a smidge more airtime?

19 | Did the random pedestrian on Elementary really call the rude guy who walked into her a “dildo”? So odd, right?

20 | Why is eye-gouging — as seen on The Following all season and Hannibal this week — the latest go-to embellishment for fictional serial killers? And doesn’t it seem odd that a murderer as meticulous as Lecter would leave a drawing of his latest victim out in the open, where anyone could find it?

Comments (111)

• Regarding #12…saw it from a mile away

Comment by George – May 3, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah I’ve been waiting for this shoe to drop for a few weeks now.

Comment by M. – May 3, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I did as they were sitting on the couch before the kiss but not before which makes me feel really dumb. A lot makes sense now. Will likening Gunnar to “the boy in your algebra class who you have a crush on” is actually very powerful in retrospect.

Comment by B – May 3, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess I’m the only one but it totally blindsided me.

Comment by dude – May 3, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I saw it about 3 seconds before the kiss! Lol!! They were sitting WAY too close on the couch. I absolutely LOVE Nashville! Can’t stand Julliet (or her singing!!)!! LOVE Rayna and Deacon, tho.

Comment by GMom – May 3, 2013 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Saw it coming. The real surprise? Not only did Gunnar not spill his beer, he didn’t drop it or put it down and he didn’t even stop drinking it. What’s that supposed to indicate?

Comment by Charlie – May 6, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Felicity Smoak in arrow is my favourite tv character at the minute.

Comment by Jay – May 3, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree about Felicity, but Moira Queen is the most intriguing.

Comment by BTM – May 3, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Felicty is a perfect addition to Arrow! But Susanah Thompson is always amazing. Always.

Comment by Temperance – May 3, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Susanah was great in “Once and Again.”
          Did Felicity say something about Oliver being “in” her. The audio was so low, I couldn’t make it out. I smile every time she just shows up on the screen.
          And the young Olive rmakeup was great. He did look chubby or “soft.”

Comment by Georgia Madman – May 3, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • She did say that, it was about the earpiece she was wearing when she went into the casino

Comment by Margaret – May 4, 2013 12:10 PM PDT
    • Felicity is my favorite character on Arrow! What Oliver sees in Lauren or Sarah or whatever her name is beyond me! Of course that’s the way it works on TV. The perfect girl is right under his nose and doesn’t really see her. She is just adorable! I can always hope….. :)

Comment by GMom – May 3, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boswell’s definitely going to put the moves on Arizona – it’s more about how is Arizona going to react to it.
    Also, Peckwell being an abuser is so heavy-handed (no pun intended!) with the Alex/Jo already crowded story – enough already. That reveal didn’t surprise me, it just made me roll my eyes (probably because I don’t care one iota for Jo)

Comment by marge – May 3, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s as if the producers needed to show us that no, Alex was right, the new guy really is a douche, instead of dealing with the fact that Alex was being totally irrational in regards to Jo’s new bf…we all knew Jo and Alex were gonna get together no matter what, does it really require the domestic abuse to get it going?

Comment by Nick – May 3, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only person who should be “Googling” Arizona is Callie.

Comment by jess – May 3, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I kind of feel like all parties involved would be up for a team “googling” session…

Comment by Samantha – May 3, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yay for this idea. Hilarie Burton is gorgeous. In fact can someone let me know when this team googling is happening; I have a long standing crush on one beautiful Sara Ramirez.

Comment by the girl – May 3, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She’s pretty but plays the worst characters. I don’t know if her acting has improved at all but she was terrible on One Tree Hill.

Comment by dude – May 3, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No, she wasn’t.

Comment by tripoli – May 3, 2013 05:33 PM PDT
      • Hahaha that’s what I was thinking

Comment by Sara – May 3, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL… Thinking the same thing.

Comment by Kelly – May 4, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My gaydar didn’t kick in until this week’s episode but as I was watching I definitely saw the Will/Gunnar kiss coming. I hope they explore this further.

Comment by wrstlgirl – May 3, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 11. Felicity is actually thee best character on Arrow, aside from Oliver. She’s one of the reasons I continue to watch and I really hope she’s on mission more often. I’m hoping for a Oliver/Felicity romance, but I’m too busy enjoying their friendship and would enjoy to nothing more than a friendship. Then again, can’t Laurel just be that friend as a girl and he can be with Felicity. Argh, I’m torn between these two potential couples!

Comment by JJC (@GizmoAries93) – May 3, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Felicity goes on another mission this week, and I think we’ll see her going on missions more often in season two.

Comment by brb123 – May 3, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Felicity. I also love that she’s like little sister to Oliver and Digg. I’m waiting for an Oliver in dire straits and Digg and Felicity have to save him eppy.

Comment by sladewilson – May 3, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I guess you’re the only one that sees Felicity as a “little sister” because Oliver most definitely does not.

Comment by Andrea (@haveaHaven) – May 4, 2013 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Regarding 7, of course not. They also didn’t need to go back to his house with the big gigantic windows perfect for a sniper, and the lunatic neighbor with his house key.
    Regarding 17, I think even if Liv had told Fitz she didn’t love him or want to be with him, he’s have sat there anyway until the clock ran out. The only way should could have gotten him to Blair House was if she knocked him out, drove there herself with him, and then puppeted a pledge to his marriage out of his mouth for Mellie.

Comment by Alichat – May 3, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally Agree with you regarding #17!!!

Comment by Phi – May 3, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But Ryan wanted to bonk Claire, and where better to do that than his apartment? And he didn’t KNOW lunatic neighbor was a lunatic! There’s plenty to criticize this show for, plot-wise, but not the things on your list.

Comment by meme – May 3, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually those are perfectly valid points to complain about. Plenty of followers still out there and chances are they know where Ryan lives. So even if he didn’t know Molly was a follower, it still stands to reason that others could have been lurking to do Ryan and Claire harm.

Comment by tripoli – May 3, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or… if she said, I slept with Jake.

Comment by KD – May 3, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I swear she was gonna tell Fitz about her and Jake! Every time she looked like she was gonna say something I kept saying” say it” stit the tv…smh

Comment by Lash – May 3, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 16. Can Hilarie Burton just not? She already ruined Brucas. She’s not ruining Calzona too!

Comment by JJC (@GizmoAries93) – May 3, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, because Hilarie Burton is in charge of writing whatever any of her characters do.

Comment by Ashlee – May 3, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • best answer ever, hahaha.
        Hilarie B. <3

Comment by Mayra – May 3, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I couldn’t have said it any better. Thank u!

Comment by Lash – May 3, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Melanie Moore has been in a bunch of NYADA dance numbers throughout the season. ;)

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – May 3, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As has her former partner Marko, as I recall…

Comment by wordsmith – May 3, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • In fact, unless my eyes deceive me, he was dancing with Melanie in this very episode.

Comment by wordsmith – May 3, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I think she’s been in most of the NYADA dance class scenes, and Kent was in one or two of them at the beginning of this season.

Comment by Cheryl – May 3, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I saw Melanie Moore. I always look for SYTYCD alums on shows with dancing. Saw Kent once too. Love it! That’s why I love SYTYCD so much. It’s the only show where great dancers are featured and not always in the background.

Comment by GMom – May 3, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saw # 12 coming weeks ago. Gunnar was too much in pain to see it. Yes to #13 leave Mariah, Keith and maybe even Nicki (give her a dress code though) insert Harry immediately. And stop the puppietering of the judges. The best thing about 17 is Fitz stated it, Liv has been the fixer the self-sacrificer last night Fitz sacrificed everything and Earned Liv like she deserved.

Comment by Mika02 – May 3, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 16. Though I’ve warmed up to Jo, I feel as though the reason Shonda pulled this storyline is so people will pity the character and find a way to sympathize and like her (Jo). Classic strategy when a fan favorite (Alex) is getting with a not-so fan favorite (Jo).

Comment by JJC (@GizmoAries93) – May 3, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not working over here. I am still against this inevitable pairing of Jo and Alex.

Comment by the girl – May 3, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually this shouldn’t have been a shock to us fans because Alex always “saves” his love interests. It what he does. So shonda had to give him a reason to swoop in and claim Jo by saving her from the douche Peckwell.

Comment by Lash – May 3, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elementary: I was surprise she got that line..and certain she was part of the plan, not a random person. If that was all timed just right, she had to have been involved.

Comment by jw – May 3, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 4. Alicia’s kids were at the party with their dad, celebrating. She was alone at her house.

Comment by Che – May 3, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hasn’t he come to her house for sexytimes before? I think I remember her looking in the mirror (like the finale) just as there was a knock on the door.

Comment by Leah – May 3, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 18) Melanie has been in the background of almost all the dance numbers at NYADA. And yes she should definitely get more airtime!

Comment by Lindsey – May 3, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Was it just me, or was she also dancing with Marko :)

Comment by Liz – May 3, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 19. It’s based in New York. Being called a “dildo” is the least of your worries when you accidentally bump into someone.

Comment by JJC (@GizmoAries93) – May 3, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Says someone who clearly has never been to New York, and is just relying on stereotypes. The rude people in New York are almost always the tourists.

Comment by meme – May 3, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes! Thank you, it’s so true!

Comment by Deena – May 3, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve been a tourist in New York, and the locals were so nice to me! Of course, so were the tourists, with only a very few exceptions.

Comment by Chris – May 3, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 5. Of course not. Totally out of character if she did. Of course, if it had happened on Bones apparently there is no need to stay within character at all!
    11. Loving Arrow.
    13. I don’t know about J-Lo (I lost a bit of respect during her run) but YES to Harry in and Randy out!! :)
    15. Mr. Newhart as even a semi regular would be so enjoyable for me. :)

Again…I look for these Friday questions every week. Also very enjoyable.

Comment by Kim R – May 3, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Kim R

“6. Speaking of which…I’m thinking more about revenge scenarios for the stupid, soap opera-ish writing staff at the moment. Sigh. So ridiculous…don’t get me started.”

I’m right there with you.

Comment by Sarah – May 3, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have always liked Bob Newhart a lot, but I struggle to see what he would bring to the show. Maybe on a very occasional recurring basis. And even then. . . .??

Comment by J. Norman – May 3, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Replacing Randy with Harry Connick…yes. Definitely yes. As far as revenge for what happened on Bones…don’t care. I’m over it. I can just as easily read a book on Monday nights.

Comment by Maria – May 3, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL.

Comment by Sarah – May 3, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m done with Bones, too. Been watching it since the first episode but the Pelant storyline is too unbelievable. Castle’s zombies are more believable.

Comment by georgiamadman – May 3, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, Nashville was pretty obvious with that kiss. Also, what is with the campaign to make me hate Gunner? I’m not a big fan of Scarlett when she’s with him, either. Girl needs to nut up and call him on his insecure, whiny stupidity.

Comment by Leah – May 3, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like now I’ll have to watch Nashville. Just for that kiss. X)

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – May 3, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sadly it was quick and not nearly as sexy as it could have been!

Comment by Rain – May 3, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. I saw it coming for weeks (months?) – but I thought Gunner was going to respond more favorably. I’ll chalk my reaction up to my reading way too much Sherlock slash fic (I have to do something to tide me over until S3!!)

Comment by ladyhelix – May 4, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Let’s hope the next one is better. :-)

Comment by C – May 6, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 16. Did anyone else scream OMG DENNY’s WIFE when they saw Burton on Grey’s

Comment by Sara – May 3, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Felicity on Arrow.
    I’ve never watched American Idol, but if they cast Harry Connick, Jr. as one of the judges I would definitely check it out. Love that guy.

Comment by Renee – May 3, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #11: Felicity really is one of the most entertaining characters on television right now. A major scene stealer. The problem for me is, is that the more she is on screen, the duller Laurel becomes. More people should tune in though just for Felicity. Her awkward one liners are great.

Comment by Autumn – May 3, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the makeup department did a great job on Arrow making Oliver look younger. Absolutely stellar work; really subtle.

Comment by mia – May 3, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 9. I honestly can’t with Jake and Tamara. They’re too sappy and forced for my liking. You’re trying to tell me that Jake’s in love with the girl when he was all over Jenna not too long ago? Please… It’s obvious that the writers set them up for the sake of the two not being alone this season. I’m over it.

Comment by William – May 3, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Re No 6 Bones. I hope that when they find Pelant they do to him what he did to the guy who ended up on the canopy over Angela and Hodgins bed!! Too much??? BTW am I the only one who liked the finale? Yes the ending was heartbreaking but the action and emotion in the rest of the episode was better than any other finale they have had including Woman In Limbo. Bring on S9 :)

Comment by Smiletime – May 3, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Smiletime

I love your idea for Pelant! :) And the finale wasn’t that bad, IMO, until the end. But the ending ruined the whole thing for me.

Comment by Sarah – May 3, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. I thought the finale was really well done…until the last few minutes. It was so stupid not to have Booth inform Bones. And so needless. It made me think that they think we, the viewers, are stupid and will buy anything. You know what I’m hoping? That when the new season starts, it will show that Bones gave Booth a knowing look to let us know she really did get that something had gone on and was not in the dark about it at all. :)

Comment by Kim R – May 3, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It took a while, but the finale has grown on me. Depending on how this plays out next season, it could be one of my favorites. Right now, it feels like s9 is going to be the last, so I’m guessing Pelant will find a bullet in his brain in the fall finale. Second half of the season would be dedicated to the B/B engagement/wedding

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – May 3, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No you’re not the only one who liked the Bones finale. I know of a few people who did. It really was an excellent episode even if the end did crush my heart.

As for Pelant I so want to see him totally defeated, and for him to know they’ve beaten him. I want the team to beat him on his own field to be able to take away from him the money he stole, isolate him electronically so he no longer has access to everything he currently controls, and only once they’ve just taken everything away from him and he has no more power then, Max can kill him, because I don’t want him to even have the victory of turning any of them into killers.

Comment by frankie707 – May 10, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 11. I thought both Oliver and Laurel looked much younger and acted differently enough in the flashbacks scenes, and I too love Felicity.

Comment by brb123 – May 3, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Know why Olivia changed her tune? Cause Fitz finally manned up and showed her he don’t care about the presidency. My question is where was that resolve and fortitude when you were putting a pillow over Verna’s head and snuffing out her existence to save your now I-could-care-less Presidency? Uh huh…. that’s what I thought.

Comment by sladewilson – May 3, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same thing i said too…..i think Liv gave in too easily. I don’t think he “earned her”. I think he had along way to go before he got that part.

Comment by Lash – May 3, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Regarding #1: Yes, the writers are on the path to redeem Jimmy on Saturday when Kyle dies on Smash and Karen will forgive him and Jimmy/Karen will get back together.

Comment by kristina – May 3, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On Arrow, this past week’s episode had Laurel referring to “Ray” and “Jean.” I’m assuming the producers were just having fun and not actually planning on introducing the super-hero and his girlfriend connected to those names?

Comment by Eilis Flynn – May 3, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Jimmy is as nonredeemable at this point as the show. IMO, he’s the biggest reason Smash took a dive this season.
    7. Following: the last scene made me laugh and then made me angry. First, Ryan opens the door, gets the bag and fails to lock the door! Then, he grabs a butcher knife to rip it open, then he hears a noise and instead of turning on the ever-loving lights and doing a walk-through, he decides that THAT’s the right time to lock the door. I was so offended by the sloppy and predictable writing that the stabbing totally left me cold.
    12. Nashville: not shocked at all. From his first appearance I suspected Will of being as straight as a reed in the wind. And during the scene while they were sitting so close together the sexual tension was clearly conveyed (from Will) so I would have actually been surprised if the kiss had NOT happened.
    16. Greys: Arizona may be smitten with Lauren but she’s no cheater. Bailey’s compulsive behavior was surprising but I guess understandable. She has always been so confident, cocky, really. And to have been the cause of 3 deaths has shaken her to the core. I was shocked, SHOCKED, when I saw Jo. But I don’t put it pass the douchebag of a boyfriend. Shonda has let me down so many times but if we get to see Alex clean this guy’s clock and leave him whimpering like a little girl, I will be a happy camper. I am shipping Jolex so hard right now!
    17. Scandal: James’ new gig is fortuitous but not shocking. What WAS shocking to me was the tie he was wearing. Not something a serious journalist would wear. Someone call wardrobe!

Comment by Babygate – May 3, 2013 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @ 17 my sis and I said the same thing! lol.
      @16. I so want Alex to clock peckwell! I always knew he was a douche from the way he disrespected Jo to Alex abt having her in the bathroom @ Joe’s. I wasn’t surprised or shocked. I saw this a mile away. Remember Alex always “saves” his love interest.

Comment by Lash – May 3, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 9: I’m happy for Tamara, who has been my favorite character since day one, but they have to stay away from writing them as too schmoopy. (They were nails-on-a-chalkboard in the season premiere and have had moments since then that are way too sappy.) That being said, I think she opens him up and gives him more of a discernible personality than Jenna ever did, so I’m all for them.
    12: I thought it was extremely disappointing that the show chose to perpetuate an ugly stereotype like “gay men can’t keep their hands off of straight men”/”gay men will try to turn every straight man that they befriend”. It was lazy, telegraphed writing that placed too much emphasis on shock value.
    17: I’m beyond over every single couple on Scandal. Everybody’s toxic, awful, and should be locked up.

Comment by ... – May 3, 2013 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #20: Regarding the drawing, it’s the Wound Man drawing that also appears in Red Dragon (the novel), an medieval drawing Hannibal Lecter was inspired by. So I think it’s not exactly careless, because not many would make the leap from seeing a sketch of a famous drawing to it being the person’s inspiration for a series of killings… I also read somewhere that the drawing was apparently also lying around when Jack visits Hannibal for the first time.

Comment by Lea – May 3, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On questions #17: Fitz is not a great President. He has messed up so many times and is clearly a lot more preoccupied with his own life drama than the country so Liv can have him. Let Fitz and Olivia get married or whatever while Mellie and Cyrus run for President/VP. Now that’s a campaign I’d like to watch. :)

Comment by Julie – May 3, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 16. Too often it’s people we don’t suspect that end up being the violent ones. But I did get the creepy vibe from him a few times when he talked to Alex. Remember when he said”you two kids have fun laughing about it while I’m nailing Jo at the bathroom at the bar” in that all-too-calm tone of voice with a smile on his face? Creeeepy

Comment by Marie – May 3, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Regarding #19, it was one of several LOL moments. Also see: Sherlock flailing about in a straitjacket; Watson saying “we are not having a moment” before starting an illicit autopsy; the term “an army of bee assassins.”

Comment by NotBri – May 3, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #6 – I do not even watch Bones and I think what the writers did to Booth and Brennen is awful.
    And I can’t remember the number but I thought Professor Proton was great. But only this one time – not as a series regular.

Comment by Leigh – May 3, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed on the “Bones” thing. I saw the spoiler for that finale and just went, “…really?” I feel for fans of that show, and if I were the showrunners/writers I’d be finding a place to hide right about now for a few months.

Comment by Angela – May 3, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Gunnar was gay from episode 1. So saw it coming from 1 billion miles away.

Comment by nico – May 3, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is definitely more between Oliver and Felicity than with laurel. I think I’m speaking for many by saying that the Arrow and Nerd girl would make for a fantastic couple.

Comment by lame – May 3, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You definitely speak for me. I have way more interest in seeing the romance story build for Oliver and Felicity than any other woman on the show. They have chemistry, she argues with him, she’s not afraid of him, she’s got many hidden talents (obviously) and there’s so much to play with here. He’s rich, she’s not. He’s got family, she’s a mystery in that department, etc. Loved him telling his family she was his friend this week. It just made me sappy happy. I love them and hope the season to come keep building their relationship toward romance.

Comment by Garnet074 – May 3, 2013 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about this question: Does the female psychiatrist actually have a purpose on Hannibal other than being annoying?

Comment by Regal – May 3, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10: Haha, no, no, he does not. But I like the episodes he directs, they’re always so particularly strange and surreal and off-kilter. I really think he’d be a perfect director for a horror film someday. And my god, the ending with Maeve was just…wow… That was incredibly touching and bittersweet and yet, it was also lovely. Not ashamed to admit I got a bit teary-eyed during that scene.
    13: You know, I’d be more than okay with that. Him and Keith Urban, and one other judge, and that should be it. Four people is too much. We just need a judging panel that DOESN’T involve obnoxious “catfights” or people saying the same damn things over and over again, a panel that is actually invested in the contestants and gives proper, constructive criticism (and which knows their music history, too, no less). It shouldn’t be that hard, should it?

Comment by Angela – May 3, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 6 – my revenge scenarios are not appropriate to describe on the internet.
    12 – after it happened i was like UH DOI how did i NOT see this coming? IDIOT!!
    16 – a) i like boys and I’D google hilarie burton in this role HOLY SMOKES the flirty eyes! b) WHOA indeed. c) are you suggesting Jo is going cray cray and beat herself?? cause i’m really tired of Alex getting together w/ crazy girls. dude deserves to just be happy and normal for 5 seconds!!

Comment by cjeffery7 – May 3, 2013 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL @ the Elementary observation. That one surprised me but, hey, it IS New York! ;)

I had to comment about #11 re Arrow’s Felicity Smoak. She is *awesome!* I liked the show before because of sexy Oliver Queen, the action/stunts, and the mystery, but once they added Felicity a whole new vibe hit the show and so much potential! She is without a doubt one of the best characters on tv and watching her finally get into the action (and the danger) this week with Oliver was a thrill. I really hope they explore her relationship with Oliver and, yeah, even move them toward a romance. But I want Arrow to do it right — build it slow, over time. I’d love to see Oliver and Felicity be THE couple but I’m in no rush. I want all the awesome little moments along the way with lots and lots of dangers and rescues like this week’s show.

Comment by Garnet074 – May 3, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 11. I like the Felicity character but would prefer her to remain as a friend to Ollie. As for Laurel I am not entirely sure why everyone gives this character such a hard time. I don’t think the writing for her character has been the best and sure comes off kind of stilted and cold. However I don’t expect her to be anything but at the moment. Hello Ollie cheated on her with her SISTER and then took her off on a trip that got her killed. That’s a lot of baggage to work through. How would you act toward the guy would did that to you?

Comment by Jessica – May 3, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, thank you, Jessica – Oliver cheated on her with her sister, bailed for a 3 weeks trip after she brought up moving in together (after dating for years) instead of being honest, and then got her sister killed because of the deception. Her sister dying screwed up her whole family, so there’s a HUGE amount of baggage. Of course it’s going to be awkward between them. Of course she would hate him for being alive and not her sister when he first came back. She’s softened a lot since, and I’m glad it has taken almost 22 episodes for that, because instant forgiveness wouldn’t have been real at all.

As for romances on the show – if they stick to comic canon, sorry folks, but Laurel is end game. Her character is Black Canary, Oliver Queen’s wife. Any other relationships would be temporary.

Comment by Carla Krae – May 3, 2013 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They really don’t have to stick to canon at all, and that’s what I’ve learnt from watching various bits of DC shows through the years. They can easily claim this is an alternate universe and have Oliver pair up with Felicity while Laurel is just a crime-fighting buddy. Smallville (alternate universe) had Oliver and Chloe get together, even with Black Canary in the picture

Comment by James – May 4, 2013 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Laurel’s awful writing and Katie’s terrible acting have nothing to do with what Oliver did to her because in her place I wouldn’t give him the time of the day and never forgive his cheating ass. But unfortunatelly Katie sucks at it.

Comment by Andrea (@haveaHaven) – May 4, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Aren’t Green Arrow and Black Canary divorced?

Comment by ArrowFan2013 – May 4, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RE: #16. Abusers can often seem charming and friendly to everyone else. Saying someone “doesn’t look” like they’d be an abuser plays right into the idea that if someone (in this case, Pecwell) is handsome and charming and desirable, he can’t be violent to his partner. I’m interested to see the path this story line takes. Hopefully it sheds some light on domestic violence and how misunderstood it can be.

Comment by Jessa – May 3, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 21 – HOW does one get two not similar names mixed up during the most important vote on Big Brother Canada?!

Comment by Jack S – May 4, 2013 03:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Felicity is the best thing that happened to Arrow! If it wasn’t for her, i’d probably have stopped watching at some point. Here’s hoping for some romantic olicity at some point in the show, but not too soon, they need to deal with Oliver/Laurel first, hope they remain friends, but i can’t imagine why Laurel would go back to Oliver after what happened between them. :/ Besides, i love Tommy/Laurel :3

Comment by chestal – May 4, 2013 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #6- I don’t care so long as he’s dead. Painfully dead.
    #15- I don’t see how the kind of dog someone has can be a negative statement. You’re buying into stereotypes by even suggesting it.

Comment by suzi – May 4, 2013 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK YOU FOR #18!!!

Comment by Jennifer – May 4, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My question would have been how Castle’s Kate got to where she was in “The Squab and the Quail” from where we left her in “Still”.. I prefer the order they were shown in, but feel like her willingness to lean up and into Eric Vaughn’s kiss (regardless of the eventual push-away) doesn’t fit with the amazing Caskett love we saw throughout “Still” which they conceived as airing first.

Comment by DarkDefender – May 4, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #10 – I adore Matthew Gray Gubler, but his episodes always make me unable to sleep for about a week. I wonder what’s going on in that beautiful head of his.

#15 – Professor Proton and Sheldon was the best pairing I’ve seen on television in ages. I watched it immediately, but I can’t bring myself to delete it from my dvr.

#16 – I hope Hilarie sticks around to google someone. She’s lovely, as usual. The physical abuse storyline came out of left field and seemed forced to me. As if they were trying to figure out a way to dramatically bring Jo and Alex together with great drama, and someone said, “I know! He can beat her up so Alex can rush to her rescue! We’ve not set that story up at ALL, but whatever….I’m sure they’ll believe it!”

Comment by Magically Suspicious – May 6, 2013 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post