What to Watch Monday: Carrie Diaries Closes and Other Finales, Double Dallas, NCAA Finals & More

The Carrie DiariesOn TV this Monday: Everything’s bigger in Texas – especially tonight’s double shot of Dallas, The Carrie Diaries has its last dance at prom, Monday Mornings and Burning Love end their seasons and the college-basketball season culminates in the NCAA Championship’s final game. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Dallas (TNT) | Special time: In back-to-back episodes, Christopher closes in on finding his mother, and John Ross begins to question putting his trust in Pamela.

8 pm The Carrie Diaries (The CW) | Season finale: Carrie’s psyched to be going to her junior prom, but when some big secrets are revealed, her plans may wither like a cheap corsage. Get scoop from executive producer Amy Harris! (Not yet renewed; find out its current status.)

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

9 pm NCAA Basketball Championship Title Game (CBS) | Louisville goes up against Michigan, in Atlanta.

9 pm Being Human (Syfy) | Season finale: Sally faces Donna again, Aidan deals with Kenny, Liam wants Josh and Nora dead, and one of the roomies gets a blast from the past. (Not yet renewed.)

9 pm The Following (Fox) | Agent Weston returns to work, but his run-in with the cult may have had a bigger impact on him than it seemed. Meanwhile, Emma and Claire come face-to-face for the first time since Joey’s kidnapping.

RELATED | Revolution Season Finale Date Announced

10 pm Revolution (NBC) | Monroe doubts Neville’s loyalty, which means danger and hard choices for the militia leader.

10 pm Monday Mornings (TNT) | Season finale: “One of the patients (played by Kenneth Mitchell, Jericho), goes haywire and one of the doctor’s lives is at stake,” Jennifer Finnigan (Dr. Ridgeway) previously told us. “It’s a really intense finale with a really crazy twist that definitely sets up an interesting Season 2.” (But will the medical drama return? According to Ask Ausiello, vital signs are weak.)

10 pm Lost Girl (Syfy) | The Morrigan ignites tensions between light and dark, catching Kenzi and Hale in the crossfire.

10 pm Top of the Lake (Sundance) | Robin suspects Tui’s friend Jamie is the baby’s father, but then he disappears, too. Later, footage found on a cellphone suggests the missing girl may still be alive.

10 pm Burning Love (E!) | Season finale: Mark proposes to the woman of his dreams, then returns to the hot seat to face the ladies he rejected. (Season 2 is available online; no word yet about E!’s plans for the Web-based series.)

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (54)

• The Following

Comment by SK – April 8, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for the Carrie Diaries! Its the only show i’ll be watching live tonight (everything else is on past my bedtime so i’ll catch them on DVR)

Comment by Elyse – April 8, 2013 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mondays without How I Met Your Mother makes me sad

Comment by hello – April 8, 2013 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No new Castle, Bones or HIMYM tonight…the t.v. gods have let me down

Comment by Becca – April 8, 2013 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Following
    Bates Motel

Comment by kirads09 – April 8, 2013 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, also forgot – Revolution (DVR Bates)

Comment by kirads09 – April 8, 2013 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching the Big Game! Go Blue! DVR everything else tonight

Comment by Daneila – April 8, 2013 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two episodes of Dallas tonight, and two more next week to end the season! I’m anxious to find out how J.R.’s Masterpiece plays out!

I instantly fell in love with Bates Motel (more than The Following, though I like it, too). And The Carrie Diaries grew on me over the season. I hope it’s renewed The same goes for Monday Mornings, which sadly does not have the ratings for a second season, although I continue to hope for a TNT miracle.

Comment by TV Gord – April 8, 2013 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday Mornings! Fantastic show!

Comment by cheryl – April 8, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Following Revolution

Comment by dude – April 8, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Going to watch the NCAA Championship game! Go Cardinals!! DVR Dallas

Comment by Mack – April 8, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Carrie Diaries

Comment by Brandy – April 8, 2013 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If the cw cancels Carrie Diaries, Nikita will have a bigger chance to get renewed so cut it!!!

Comment by luli – April 8, 2013 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DWTS & Revolution
    DVR: The Following and Bates Motel

Comment by Rae – April 8, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching Being Human (which BETTER get renewed!) The Following, and Bates Motel. I gave up on Revolution over the hiatus, it was too long and I didn’t care enough to come back.

Comment by Ruby – April 8, 2013 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. Being Human BETTER be renewed. It’s the rare American version of a British show that I like the American version better. I’m also having a hard time caring about Revolution after the long break. I watched the first new episode, but I suspect they’ll build up on the DVR from here out. Grimm is the same. I have all of the new episodes collecting dust on the DVR. The long breaks kill me.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – April 8, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely agree with about Being Human.
        They better renew it and it is a much better version than the British show they copied from.

Comment by Whatever – April 8, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Couldn’t agree more. I liked the British version for the first few seasons but they started to lose me when they kept replacing the Original cast members. Haven’t bothered with the last few seasons. I think the American version’s strength is coming from the great performances of the trio of Actors. I feel like they will be better off in the long run if they stick with them until the end.

Comment by TheDude – April 8, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Voice & Revolution. Happy Mondays are here again. :-)

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – April 8, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Louisville/Michigan…rooting against Pitino

Comment by Kwapple – April 8, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rooting for Pitino…

Comment by forwarddad – April 8, 2013 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BATES MOTEL
    Dallas
    RuPaul’s Drag Race

Comment by Et al – April 8, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna Sophia deserves better material. The CW should not renew the series.

Comment by katrina – April 8, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Carrie Diaries Finale!! Hoping for a second season!

Comment by Prue – April 8, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Top of the Lake!

Comment by sdexta – April 8, 2013 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bate Motel

Comment by SusieQ – April 8, 2013 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Although I really like The Carrie Diaries it just seems like it was never the hit it was supposed to be. Cute show either way but I dont see it coming back for a second season at this point.

Comment by Jared – April 8, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The voice and Monday mornings

Comment by Kendall – April 8, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Carrie Diaries, Bates Motel, and The Following

Comment by Andy – April 8, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dallas

Comment by paul – April 8, 2013 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about “Keep Or Cut” polls for some other shows? I nominate “How To Live With Your Parents (For The Rest Of Your Life)” and, personally, I’d vote “Cut!”

Comment by Drew – April 8, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. It was painful to watch.
      I much prefer The Neighbors.
      Sarah deserves so much better.

Comment by Elderleigh – April 8, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can The Carrie Diaries have a higher keep rating than Monday Mornings? Is TVline populated entirely by 15 year old girls now? :(

Comment by Eli – April 8, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All my Monday shows are repeats. This must be the world’s way of forcing me to study for my exam tomorrow…

Comment by Babybop – April 8, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching the Following & Bates Motel. DVR Dallas, Revolution, Being Human, Lost Girl & After Lately.

Comment by theresa – April 8, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The voice
    Revolution
    Basketball

Comment by Leondre – April 8, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’ve been watching Monday Mornings, but i just feel really neutral about it. it’s got great actors who i like a lot, but the plot and writing doesnt really match up to their quality and ability.

Comment by cjeffery7 – April 8, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monday Mornings, Top of the Lake, The Following

Comment by bobbie – April 8, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revolution. I’ll just have to wait until Top Of The Lake is on DVD. Netflix is my friend.

Comment by Renee – April 8, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Voice
    DVR Dallas and Monday Morning (good thing TNT repeats episodes)
    The Following

Comment by forwarddad – April 8, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Top of the Lake and Bates Motel. i agree long breaks are not a good thing. the networks need to stop playing games with shows.

Comment by Chris H – April 8, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dallas for sure! Cliff Barnes will get what’s coming to him, eventually.

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – April 8, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dallas and Revolution!!!

Comment by msstargate – April 8, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew Monday Mornings!!! It’s my favorite show right now!!!

Comment by Kari – April 8, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dallas & Revolution. Loving Dallas. I hope TNT renews it!!!!

Comment by Sunshine – April 8, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and Being Human

Comment by bobbie – April 8, 2013 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow there is nothing on for me tonight. That doesn’t happen often. I guess I better get used to it.

Comment by Lauren – April 8, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I don’t care who else thinks. Monday night is not worth watching. As long as Bones is on nothing else matters!! I am a LOYAL fan and have NEVER missed a single. Monday was hard ,but I’ve adjusted!!

Comment by bonescrazy – April 9, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • pls save the carrie diaries!!

Comment by dhora – April 9, 2013 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its the best show in monday evening the carrie diaries!!!^^♥♥

Comment by dhora – April 9, 2013 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the episodes of Carrie diaries. Big fan. However I’m a bigger fan of sex in the city. I was a little taken for a loop at the significant differences between Carrie Bradshaw in sex in the city and Carrie bradshaw in the Carrie diaries. Like in sex in the city she didn’t know her father and never had a sister. Although I love their characters and think they were a great add to Carrie’s life. But not having a father is why Carrie Bradshaw in sex in the city had so many issues with men. And not having siblings is why Carrie’s connection with Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte were so wonderful. Thats just my opinion though.

Comment by melissa – April 23, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post