Walking Dead Exclusive: The Actor at the Center of the Season Finale's Tragic Death Speaks Out — 'It Was a Shock to Everyone'

The Walking Dead Andrea DiesWarning: If you have yet to watch Sunday’s Walking Dead finale, steer clear of the following post mortem. And we repeat: If you have yet to watch Sunday’s Walking Dead finale, steer clear of the following post mortem. Everyone else, you have permission to proceed…

This was more than just another one bites the dust.

Sunday’s Walking Dead season ender not only marked the final episode for original cast member Laurie Holden, it served as a dramatic climax for her character, Andrea, whose Season 3 arc proved to be among the show’s most polarizing. (Why didn’t she kill the Governor when she had chance after chance!)?

RELATED | Walking Dead Finale Post Mortem: Robert Kirkman Talks Andrea Backlash (Including the Pliers!), Defends Rick’s Decision, Previews Season 4

In the following exclusive interview with TVLine, Holden — who deftly drove the role from tough to suicidal and back — addresses some of the specific criticism leveled against her ill-fated alter ego, shares her thoughts on her sad send-off (a self-inflicted bullet to the brain), and reveals when she learned that the end was nigh (hint: not that long ago!).

TVLINE | How long have you known about Andrea’s death?
I didn’t get the official word until a few days before we began [shooting] the finale. It was a shock to everyone. It was never part of the original story docs for Season 3. And it was rather unexpected. That said, this is The Walking Dead. This show is not conventional by any means — and we know that as actors going in. So you roll with it. You show up, you do the best job you can, and you honor the storytelling. Overall, this has been an extraordinary experience and I just feel so blessed to have been a part of it.

TVLINE | Do you know why the decision was made to kill her now?
Honestly, I feel like it’s story-driven. It does propel the story forward… The [second half of Season 3] was a bit of a free-for-all. It had an organic fluidity to it and it just naturally unfolded day-by-day, week-by-week, moment-to-moment.

RELATED | Walking Dead Season Finale: What Grade Do You Give the Episode?

TVLINE | Andrea has taken some heat from fans this season for, among other things, sticking by the Governor’s side for so long. What do you make of the criticism?
I think when people watch the [entire] season — especially the finale — that her trajectory will be clear. She was a woman caught between two worlds. All she wd3wanted was peace. She was for the people and was willing to do anything and everything possible even if it meant sacrificing herself to preserve humanity and keep the people alive. At times her actions were a bit misunderstood or ambiguous. But when you see the season overall I think people will really understand this girl. She did the best she could. And I do feel there was a sense of closure, healing and completion. The people of Woodbury did reach a sanctuary. No one in the prison was killed. Rick was finally set free from the ghosts of his past. And Andrea died in the arms of her best friends surrounded by the people she loved. She wasn’t cannibalized. She didn’t turn. She was able to go out with a certain amount of dignity. Her last dying wish was to end it herself and she was granted that. And by the grace of God she’s now going to be with her sister. And Dale.

TVLINE | Do you think she died a hero? A martyr?
That’s not my place to say. I’d like to think Andrea’s death will have meaning. That what she stood for and believed in will continue to resonate in the hearts and minds of the people she left behind, because we all learn and grow from one another. I do love that the finale ended [with a shot of] a cross, because I feel that it’s a time for new beginnings and a spiritual awakening. Let the healing begin.

RELATED | Sarah Wayne Callies: Find Out Why She Was Barred From the Walking Dead Set

TVLINE | Milton’s exchange with Andrea in the finale felt very meta, because in many ways he was asking her the same questions fans have been asking all season: Why did she choose to stay with the Governor, why didn’t she kill him when she had the chance…
I am so grateful for how that [scene] was written. It was written by [new Season 4 showrunner] Scott Gimple. I feel like there is complete closure and resolution andrea1with the character, and any questions the fans had have now been answered. It couldn’t have been a better ending in terms of really understanding her past.

TVLINE | She kept coming back to the same refrain — “I wanted to save everyone,” “I didn’t want there to be any death.”
Since [around] Episode 9 — when the Governor pit [Merle and Daryl] against each other, and then when [Andrea] went to the prison and found out about all the insane things he had been doing — her whole modus operandi from that point forward was, “How can I make sure that these people stay alive? How can I bring about peace?” She was a human rights lawyer prior to the apocalypse; she’s not a killer. She’s never killed a human being in her life. She’s killed a lot of zombies. I think fans who were unhappy with the fact that she wasn’t able to follow through on killing [the Governor] when she was standing over the bed [with the knife], have to understand that that was a moral dilemma within her. She believed in humanity. She believed that, “OK, there’s got to be a better way.” And she was successful. There was a peace conference. Yes, it went south, but she was able to put that together. She was always trying. And there’s something to be said for that. And listen, at the end of the day, she was the casualty of war. I feel like she did not die in vain.

PHOTOS | The Walking Dead: 15 Most Memorable Moments of Season 3

TVLINE | Was the final sequence between Andrea and Michonne as emotional to shoot as it was to watch?
Yes. [Sighs] Yes. [Long pause] You have to understand — we all love each other. We’ve been working on location in the backwoods of Georgia for the last few years. We’ve become a family. It’s very hard to say good-bye… I just love how it was written. I love that Andrea was able to ask for a gun and take matters into her own hands. I love that she was able to say, “I know how the safety works” — she came full circle from Season 1 with Rick. And I love that there was a healing and a closure between these two women who loved each other so much.

wdextraTVLINE | It made me want to see more flashbacks to the time Andrea and Michonne were on the run together. Are you sad there wasn’t more time spent showing the beginnings of that relationship?
It’s not up to me, you know? I’m the actor. I do what I’m told. The writers are the ones in charge of the storylines. And they write the scenes. Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Do I wish we could’ve seen and explored more of the comic-book-Robert-Kirkman Andrea? Yes. Absolutely. Do I wish that I had more scenes with Michonne showing that friendship? Yes. Absolutely. But at the end of the day, I don’t think I could ask for a better death. I feel like her life mattered, and she died trying, and her heart was in the right place. I feel grateful for that. You can’t have it all.

TVLINE | I was a little surprised the Governor made it out of the episode alive. Are you, as a fan of the show, looking forward to seeing him get his comeuppance?
I think that’s inevitable. The man has crossed into such evil, dark territory that there is no redemption for him — ever. But this is the nature of our show. This is why it’s so popular. I think everyone assumed that I would be saved from the torture chamber, that I would kill the Governor, and it would be a big happy ending. But we don’t do that on The Walking Dead. And, at the end of the day, all Andrea wanted was to get back to her family and to make sure that the people didn’t die — the people in Woodbury and the people in prison. And she accomplished that. And if it meant that she had to go down to make that happen so be it.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Pretty Little Liars, Glee, Bones, Castle, Teen Wolf, 90210 and More

andreaTVLINE | Will you watch the show moving forward?
I don’t watch the show now. Andy Lincoln (Rick) doesn’t watch the show. When we’re shooting it we’re so invested. It’s every moment of our lives, 18 hours a day. It’s necessary to separate. I think in time I will be able to go back and watch. Because I do love the people I work with. The cast and crew are the best people I’ve ever known, and I want to see their beautiful work and I want to see their journeys. That said… [Sighs]… I guess I’m like an audience member now. [Pauses] I don’t want to see any more people that I love die. [Laughs] Maybe I’d rather live in the dark.

TVLINE | Any chance we might see Andrea again – either as a ghost or vision like Lori or in a flashback?
Anything’s possible. Who knows what they have up their sleeve? There may be scenes of Andrea and Michonne that the audience wanted to see. You may see more of renegade-Robert-Kirkman-badass-Andrea.

TVLINE | What’s next for you?
Legally, I haven’t been able to procure work. Come Monday, I am a free agent. I’m excited about the future and I’m looking forward to the next chapter.

TVLINE | Any final thoughts?
Just that it’s not up to me to tell the audience how they should feel about this finale. I loved playing this character; I had the time of my life. I’m so grateful as an artist that I was able to be a part of this, and to tell this tale. But whether she was a hero or a martyr is not up to me. That’s up to the viewers to decide. At the end of the day I feel like she was just a gal who did the best she could. She tried.

Comments (333)

• The whole episode was a bunch of crap.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – March 31, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yea it was

Comment by bob – March 31, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • After Andrea managed to survive after she was abandoned at the end of Season 2 I was so excited to see to see what the writers had planned for Andrea (and Michonne) in season 3. I am so mad at what they did to Andrea this season. Now they killed her. I am not watching next season.

Comment by S – March 31, 2013 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She’s a female character on Walking Dead…never expect too much.

Comment by Josh – March 31, 2013 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well said. Walking dead butchers all female characters and only gives them one bimbo dimension.

Comment by Jack – March 31, 2013 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Because Carol’s growth from battered woman to strong and independent and Maggie’s trauma with what happened with the Governor and being able to piece herself back together emotionally and mend her relationship with Glenn was all “one bimbo dimension.” Yeah. I totally get it.

Comment by DL – April 1, 2013 12:50 PM PDT
          • Michonne, Maggie, Lori. They haven’t done much with Beth, but then did they do much with T-Dog? And since when did Andrea have only “one bimbo dimension?” She was both a warrior AND a peace-maker! Sure she had questionable taste in men, but that hardly made her a bimbo or one-dimensional.

Comment by DarkHawke – April 1, 2013 04:35 PM PDT
          • That explains why all the villains are white men, right? TWD butchers everyone. Do you not watch the show?

Go back to your feminist enclave, mangina.

Comment by Jeff – April 4, 2013 09:07 AM PDT
          • One word… Michonne… She’s not a bimbo and is a bad ass, she’s not going anywhere for a while.

Comment by Walking Dead Girl – April 4, 2013 10:04 AM PDT
        • there are many strong female characters dont be a misogynist

Comment by alex – April 1, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yep i expected too that shed be able to survive and go through season 4 too..

Comment by Bryan – April 1, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It was a great episode except for the bloody commercials they drove me crazy it shoulda been a two hour finally coulda done so much more with the governer and the war it was ether Andrea or Glenn that had to die , but now we have tyresse ya

Comment by Brandon – April 1, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What Glenn? Are you out of your mind man. ‘Andrea or GLENN…’ If it was me, Carl died and Andrea still lives. It would make much more sense if Andrea was able to reunite with the group since she was apart from them the WHOLE season and Carl for the drama scene, because if Carol or Beth had to die, their roles would have been senceless. tssss… Glenn hater…! Peace^^

Comment by Payne – April 4, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • CARL SHOULD HAVE GONE?? If Carl died, Rick would have had a MELTDOWN. He would have gone absolutely insane AGAIN and we saw how that went last time… We don’t need to go there again. Nope, I think Carl will be around for seasons to come. But then again… here in the wonderful world of TWD, nobody can get too comfortable. But I think Beth should have died. That way Maggie and Daryl could have a dramatic scene, and Daryl could go live happily ever after with Carol. :)

Comment by Darylismine – April 9, 2014 06:21 PM PDT
      • poser -.-

Comment by Helder Cardoso – April 4, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes you will :) That’s the catch!

Comment by Poop! – April 4, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yes you will watch because your like the rest of us your hooked

Comment by Julia Hall – April 4, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Good, the show doesn’t need shallow fans :D

Comment by Mase – April 5, 2013 04:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same here, man. I am just sticking with the comics!

Comment by Garrett P – April 19, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ding dong, the witch is gone! I hated that character. The finale was not as action packed and surprising as they kept saying it would be. But still love it the show.

Comment by Holly – March 31, 2013 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Going to be hard to repopulate civilization with the writers killing off as many of the young females as they can. Going to be a sausage fest pretty soon. Andrea’s character is a lot better in the comics anyway. Somewhere tonight Robert Kirkman was doing an epic facepalm at this nonsense.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – April 1, 2013 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “Somewhere tonight Robert Kirkman was doing an epic facepalm at this nonsense.” He’s probably with the rest of the writers, planning the show, like he has been all along. He’s mentioned being in the writers room multiple times, has written full episodes himself, why do people think he’s massively bothered by the show or something.

Comment by AJ – April 1, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh, and The Walking Dead comic is the most misogynistic thing ever, so if there’s any problematic stuff regarding women, my first guess would be that Kirkman is responsible.

Comment by AJ – April 1, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Nice word , bad placement just trying to make yourself look smart , by the way it is a tv show about zombies everyone dies get used to it

Comment by Brandon – April 1, 2013 08:05 PM PDT
          • An inanimate object is misogynist? Stop reading jezebel you queer.

Comment by Jeff – April 4, 2013 09:09 AM PDT
      • It’s so sad that Andrea gone being a stupid little bitch… ¬¬ Gosh… Carol was a pain too and now she’s amazing! Why couldn’t they do the same with Andrea??

Comment by Edmund Pevensie – April 2, 2013 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha.

Comment by ButchD – April 3, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When she did not kill the gov, I started not liking her. But not happy they killed her off…

Comment by Kafir – April 4, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WOW! Andrea hater! i don’t think they should have killed her off but leave the govonor to the walkers! :) u know, in a twist way with near death experienses like raiding Woodbury or something. All im saying is Andrea, Glenn, Carol, Carl, heck, anybody from the prison. the Walking Dead writers could have done better on the finale. ……….PEACE :) (:

Comment by Nunaayaaa_bizzznizzz – April 4, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well said! Started not liking Andrea after she shot Daryl thinking he was a walker. Two hour show would have been more action packed. I hope Carl,that little **** is next, probably not though. Can’t wait for next season when the Governor gets his.

Comment by Daniel – April 9, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Lame

Comment by liz – April 1, 2013 12:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, please. That was a wonderful finale. I’m not sure how I feel about Andrea being killed off, but I felt like her time was limited anyway. I’m just glad none of the other main cast died in this episode.

Comment by Carrie – April 1, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • After viewers invest so much time in these characters, the writers should now try to become more imaginative and creative and not kill of one or two major characters every season. That diminishes viewers’ will to watch. TV is not like graphic novels or comic books and I hope the writers begin to realize that. If either of the major characters that survived season 3 get killed from this point forward, I will not be waiting or watching every week to see the next episode.

Comment by D.Marie – April 1, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re denying the “reality” of the situation. No one is safe in the zombie apocalypse. That’s the point. If it hurts when a major character dies, that’s kind of the point AND it speaks volumes about how GREAT the writing actually is! Hey, watch what you want, but if you’re gonna blow off one of the best shows on TV because the writers and producers are being true to the reality of the situations in which they’ve placed these wonderful characters, then refusing to watch is at best self-defeating.

Comment by DarkHawke – April 1, 2013 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The “reality” is that this is a TV show and even good shows lose their audiences when there is little to keep viewers coming back. Yes, I will blow off what CAN CONTINUE TO BE one of the best shows on TV, just like millions blew off Millennium because the writers don’t have enough creativity to hold your interest. It is the writers who are self-defeating by not being more imaginative with the characters and not killing them off after the audience invests so much time with them. That is the reality and I am not the only one sharing these sentiments.

Comment by D.Marie – April 2, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Define best shows? The premise is great. The original creation? Great as well. The first season and most episodes of seasons two and three, but just because the show has great actors and a great idea.. Do not give credit where it is undue. The writing is shoddy, it’s weak at best. It’s unrealistic in every sense (and I say this about a show where the undead walk about eating the living) and the characters are two dimensional/conflicting from week to week. The show has great elements, but few would be honest with themselves or others to imply the writing was the cause thereof.

Comment by Jessica Brantowden – April 5, 2013 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to me. You can only speak for yourself.

Comment by Kate – April 1, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is a reply to the first poster. I liked the finale. I wouldn’t have changed it.

Comment by Kate – April 1, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How did Andrea even die she had pliers and she got out of the hand culfs and she could of killed Milton she killed milton but she still got bit so sad why did she half to die

Comment by Adam Gauthier – April 13, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so sad.. Please bring back andrea to the next season..

Comment by Apple – April 4, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Crap you man.

Comment by Payne – April 4, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Merle got redemption in a heroic endgame for the character. The season should have ended there. But there was a lot of advertiser money out there, so they needed to weave something between long commercial breaks so we were treated to Andrea’s dizzy blond death. Milton: “I left a pair of pliers for you to free yourself with, if you don’t mind me watching you contort tourself to get them.” Andrea: “Oh Milton, you are so sweet, you won’t die, I promise as long as you listen to me blab on and on and on and on and on. I won’t need the pliers because you won’t die…Milton?…Milton?…can you hear me? Wake up Milton, stay with me…I’ll keep you alive by talking to you….Milton, I’m starting to worry, you look pretty dead…ok, ok, I’ll use the pliers…where did you say they were?”

Comment by frmiller – April 5, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really didnt know where to post this comment, but when is that kids hat going to show some of ware or for that fact some dirt? I just had to say something

Comment by Vince – April 10, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also wish we’d gotten see more of the Robert Kirkman. And I love that she slipped in a Dale reference. Andrea’s character arc on the show was inconsistent at best, but I love that she went out on her own terms.

Comment by Amber Andersen – March 31, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It sadden me that Andrea had to die….. We don’t need to loose more of the main characters that we all come to love… I hope we get more action suspense into the series …..

Comment by Maribel Rodriguez – April 4, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh yeah, plenty of suspense if no main characters can die right?

Comment by Kryik – April 7, 2013 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love how she slipped in the “I know how the safety works” line

Comment by Alex Slaven – April 19, 2013 11:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The whole episode was terrible. The season was terrible outside a few episodes in the first half of the season. Glen Marzzara (the writer of the season finale) was fired a little too late by AMC. He turned Andrea’s character crazy, and then has her ‘die’ at the end. Her death made NO season. She didn’t get to tie anything up with her original group or Michonne. So disappointed.

Comment by jess – March 31, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I bet he got fired because of killing Andrea. I doubt Kirkman was okay with that. They told the actress that played Lori she was going to die before filming started for the season. They tell Laurie Holden a few days before?

Comment by Cody – March 31, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He didn’t get fired due to killing Andrea. It was a lot of other stuff that AMC/Kirkman didn’t like. Killing Andrea was a last minute addition filmed in December (after the season’s filming was over) because Mazzara handled Andrea so poorly that he wrote the character into a corner, and made a large vocal group of fans hate Andrea.

Comment by Drizz – April 1, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I actually completely agree with this. In my opinion, and it is just my opinion so don’t attack me, I feel that if you read between the lines of this interview you can tell that Laurie Holden was not at all happy about what happened or why it happened (because of the fans, most likely). I took her answer as not being able to legally procure work as her wanting to move on after she found out she was being killed off at the last minute and they wouldn’t let her. I understand they want to keep her dying a “surprise” but she could have quietly been lining up a few things without any one knowing if they would have let her. I would guess, and again just my opinion, that the whole thing with her death was far from amicable behind the scenes. I can only imagine, but being wrapped for the season then having to come back just to film your own death scene after you were told you would be continuing next season must really bite. (No pun intended. Actually, why lie? Pun totally intended.)

Comment by The Squatch – April 1, 2013 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree. Imagine the storyline that could have been created with Andrea at Woodbury and the governor on the loose. I did enjoy the episode, but come on – Andrea did not stay with the Governor all of the time that she did because she wanted to :save everyone until after the meeting she arranged between Rick and Phillip – Merle was right about why she was with the governor before that time. Nor did she even acknowledge that Michone had been right about him all of the time. And no one is mentioning the fact that Carl has a silencer on his gun! Either way, I agree with the issues you raise about what goes on behind the scenes and I still think they can be more creative with the characters.

Comment by D.Marie – April 2, 2013 08:43 PM PDT
          • I completely agree with Sassy Squatch, here. Ha. Sorry.. But yes. I think you’re spot on. It’s not even read-between-the-lines worthy, it’s pretty obvious she wasn’t ready for that. And screw the vocal asses, they’re new fans, undoubtedly. I do not know any one who genuinely likes the show that clamored for ANY deaths besides Ed, Lori and the Guv.

Comment by Jessica Brantowden – April 5, 2013 08:38 AM PDT
      • He didn’t get fired, his contract ran out. Gale Ann Hurd said it herself.

Comment by Louis – April 4, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They seem too desperate to get away from the comic, which is sad considering the prison and the Governor is the single best part of the comics. Glen Mazzara is a freaking moron for ruining the Andrea character and then killing her off. So glad he is gone from the show. This season has been dreadful. Thanks for ruining it Glen.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – March 31, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, it was Scott Grimple’s decision to kill Andrea off. He re-wrote Glen’s script later on, and that is why Laurie only found out a few days before shooting. Andrea has never been a great character on the show, but she was definitely better in season one under Darabont. We’ll see how Grimple handles the show moving on, but season 3 was a step up from last season for sure.

Comment by JD – March 31, 2013 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who cares about stupid comics? That’s like reading a book and saying “the movie was nothing like it!” This is the writer-inspired version, all new, and that’s the way Kirkman wanted it. He’s said so in several interviews, that the comic is ONLY A GUIDE. Get used to it.

Comment by Angela – April 4, 2013 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You, as a “FAN”, should care. Reading isn’t an arcane art, it’s just for those intelligent enough with an attention span longer than an hour.

Comment by Jessica Brantowden – April 5, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The stupid comics? Ignorant

Comment by Kryik – April 7, 2013 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I totally agree. The TV show is BASED off of the comic book. It has to follow the basic story line ONLY. When are people going to LEARN. The movies aren’t like the books, and TV shows aren’t like the comics.

Comment by Darylismine – April 9, 2014 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. They killed off a core character. I won’t watch anymore. She was my favorite.

Comment by Elaine – March 31, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What show have you been watching? They’ve killed off several of the main characters!

Comment by Carrie – April 1, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Andreas only been a core character for this season, before that she was around Dale importance (which is reasonable to kill off as far as I’m concerned). I see this season as her story. It talks more about her character through the ambiguity of her actions and if you think about it from her perspective they all make complete sense. The ending ties it together and explains her thought process throughout. She didn’t need to be killed but I’m glad she was. I enjoyed her character but she was strongly tied with Woodbury at that point and in that way her death had greater meaning in signifying the end of that series of events.

These are all my opinion of course, and if you didn’t like how it ended that is quite possibly something more analysis of the episode wont change, but I loved this episode and generally how they made this season.

Comment by Sam – April 1, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think they really need to do some back flashes, to deepen the bond between Andrea and Micchone and to tie up the many many loose ends between them, if not because it would help some of the audience who feel like the rug was pulled out from under them but also because they kept the woman from being able to work anywhere else and gave her practically no warning she was being killed off and from what I understand they were all signed for 5 year contracts and 5 years have not passed just yet. :D I want more Andrea, I want to see how she and all the major people how they all escaped when everything started. Would love them to start one of the seasons this way, showing Andrea running out of her legal office and battling her way through the streets with napalm going off, and how Glenn escaped from his Pizza job, and Dale and his wife, T-Dog and Glenn together saving people, we never got to see that, just Rick,Shane and Lori. So I hope they do some spin-offs, I want to see how Micchone was forced to turn her boyfriend and friend into zombie/pets and see her lose it for awhile. So they could do so much more for this show. I want more.

Comment by Rachel – April 4, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Elaine I agree.Andrea was my favorite as well. She was misused this whole season. She could have evolved into so much more if the writers would have allowed. Andrea is such a core character in both the graphic novels and the tv show I cannot for see the storylines coming together without Andrea in the fold of the group. I do not see myself viewing season 4 nor am I interested in buying season 3 when it is released on DVD either. Andrea’s death was a monstrosity to me and I cannot allow myself to accept this decision.

Comment by Lee – April 2, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agree. You find yourself spending hours watching these characters and then they are killed. The same thing happened with Dale and Shane. After watching their dispute to see where it would go over the course of a few episodes, both get killed. That and Andrea’s death made me feel as if the writers of this show just wasted my time – again. Nor do the writers seem interested in character integrity. That is the difference between graphic novels, comic books, and television. Unfortunately many young writers and producers don’t get that until its too late. But, I will likely watch until they kill Daryl (or Carl).

Comment by D.Marie – April 2, 2013 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Shane Needed to die! and dale was inevitable…. I am not happy about Andrea either… she would have made a great asset…. but the reality is, its a zombie driven world and at any moment anyone can die…. and she died…but I like how she died… finally someone took their only life! Look, just like in life we invest in relationships…then people disappear out of our lives but there are new people who enter and we fall in love with…. this show has a good Cycle of life… and as long as they dont get too carried away too quickly I think they will be fine! all I can say is they better not kill off Maggie…. she is just too damn HOT to die!

Comment by Mike – April 4, 2013 09:47 AM PDT
          • Um, hate to burst your bubble, but Jon Bernthal knew Shane would be killed when he signed the contract. Shane was ALWAYS fated to die. He’s said that himself in interviews. Some people who are strong in life, are not always strong in the zombie apocolypse when they have to make choices that mean other peoples’ lives. It’s just real life. As for Dale, I was hoping he would eat it (no pun intended) from day 1, once he started trying to be the “moral compass”.
            Morals = DEAD, in a zombie apocolypse. There’s no room for them. It’s survive, or die.

As for “spend hours watching these characters and then they are killed”….
            MAN UP.
            Characters die. Characters change. Characters evolve.
            That’s the nature of any good story.
            Without it, all you have is reality TV.

Comment by Angela – April 4, 2013 02:31 PM PDT
          • It’s a realistic ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE TV show. People aren’t going to die at the most opportune or happy times. That’s what makes it realistic and truthfully, that’s why I keep watching it. You have no idea what’s going to happen next; it keeps you on your toes. “Eh, I’m not gonna watch the next episode because I already know what’s gonna happen and who’s gonna die,” said no The Walking Dead fan EVER. (But it they kill Daryl, I’m out.)

Comment by Darylismine – April 9, 2014 06:34 PM PDT
      • Let’s see…from the first season, they have dropped Sophia, Shane, Amy, Jacqui, Dale,T-Dog, Lori, Merle and Andrea. Why would anyone stop watching?? This is the zombie apocalypse, what more should we expect? This is the Waling Dead, not some fairy tale, people are going to die. People we like, people we don’t like. People we grow to love, people we barely get to know. That is part of the appeal of the show and what makes it work. Honestly, the surviving characters learn and grow from the deaths of their family. Jacqui may be the only real exception, as she opted out of life to stay with Jenner as the CDC self-destructed.
        After all Andrea overcame from season 1 on, she died her own way, got to make some sort of peace with Michonne, and most of all, her original family did not lose anyone…well besides her. If this death upsets you from a TV show standpoint, try reading the graphic novel. Half the cast we love so much is already dead, gruesome deaths, Rick is missing a hand, Daryl doesn’t even exist. Let’s put into show context – Rick is no longer running a Rick-tatorship, they all get a voice as they are all the “greater good”. Unfortunately, some of them will die. It’s how it has to be.

Comment by Ken Jones – April 4, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What a major dissapointment….I’m not even excited for season four at this point. Why did Andrea die after ALL of that? And for the love of god why oh why couldn’t the governor just die already?!! So annyoing…

Comment by bob – March 31, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m done with the show!!! No going to see it anymore, i don’t care.

Andrea was amazing killer walker and that she die like that is dumb and poor writting!!

Comment by Mandy – March 31, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Speaking of poor writing…. lol

Comment by Danyelle – March 31, 2013 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • English is not even my first language so back off

Comment by Mandy – March 31, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jerk comment directed to someone who doesn’t have English as first language. This being sad, I bet anyone could have written this season better.

Comment by vfbdfjb – March 31, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Said*

Comment by kevrp – March 31, 2013 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • if you are going to complain about bad writing dont have ad spelling and grammar, its totally hypocritical.

Comment by Alan – April 1, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you.

Comment by Zan – April 1, 2013 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • awesome

Comment by Shawn Piette – April 1, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. She was only one of two strong women in that show. Michon being the other. That show will never be watched again by me.

Comment by lainer1 – March 31, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How is Maggie not a strong woman?

Comment by Mike – March 31, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • How is Carol not a strong character? Her evolution has been quiet but complete and inspirational in my book. =)

Comment by Carla – April 4, 2013 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They did ruin most of their female characters on this show….but Maggie, Carol, Michonne and Andrea are all strong women. Especially Carol – everything she’s been through and she’s *still* there and she’s the emotional core of the group.

Comment by mia – March 31, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually loved this episode. It took me awhile to warm up to Andrea, but in the end she became a favorite character of mine. The final scene with her and Michonne broke my heart.

Comment by Star – March 31, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree with you!!!! I will continue to watch the series, I wish to see a revenge scene were the Governor is trapped in a room with like two walkers!!!!

Comment by MigRevil – March 31, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What does “like” 2 walkers mean? Like is an adjective.

Comment by James – March 31, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You forget that 2-3 episodes ago The Governor was trapped in a room with about 30 walkers and somehow he managed to survive…something tells me 2 would not be a problem.

Comment by Jake – March 31, 2013 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah but he was not tied up in a chair.

Comment by Charlet – April 1, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Show needs to take another turn. Adding more to Rick group i can wait for next season. Tyrees may prove to be a useful lead even though he may need shooting lessons from carl. A lot to look forward to. Show needs an Emmy.

Comment by ap – April 1, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After a season consistently destroying the character of Andrea, the writers then decide to actually give into the fans dislike of her and further prove how awful their writing is?

This show is so, so awful.

Comment by Evan – March 31, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree; you can tell she got killed off because of the obsessive fans hating on her. Her death made no sense, it was clearly just written like that last minute. The fans ruined the show. Andrea was a strong character and to be killed like that was dumb. She is a really good actress. Not interested in watching the show anymore.

Comment by ddddd – March 31, 2013 11:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. She was my favorite character. I said if she dies I’m not watching anymore. I didn’t like Lori, Maggie is cool but she doesn’t stand out that much, Carol doesn’t exist to me most of the time, and Beth who?? Michonne is bad ass and her and Andrea were my favorite characters. I feel like they made Andrea into a weak woman and a follower when last season she was so strong and such a loner but now she wants to be a part of this group??? GTFOH!

Comment by Charlet – April 1, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Laurie Holden gets a role in another show cos I love her

Yeah I don’t have to still read stupid comments of the most awful fandom in a show. TWD fandom was the worst, thank god now I’m free of that.

Andrea kills 1000000 walkers in 3 seasons, gets killed

Carol kills 2 or 4 walkers in 3 seasons, t-dog, sophia, axel die for Carol fault and save her sorry characther. Ohh omg she is so badass such a queen. Fandom logic

Comment by Mandy – March 31, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah. The writers really screwed it up. Andrea’s character was a major one and they ruined the show by killing her off. Who is next? Michon? I won’t watch anymore. Killing Merle was bad enough, but killing a strong woman character like Andrea was misogynistic. Idiots.

Comment by lainer1 – March 31, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If she would have made it out of that torture chamber alive, i would have been pissed. Im sorry but you are not going to break handcuffs with a wrench in the first place. And the fact that she did both of the handcuffs is stupid. So if she survived after that, that would have been even more ridiculous. I think the writing was just fine and that her final scene needed to happen that way for the arc of the character, it made perfect sense. Maybe they should have given her more notice of her character dying but hey, thats show business. its how it works in that world sometimes and all the actors know that (At least they should). The only disappointing thing, i thought, was that it built up to basically nothing.

Comment by Elle – March 31, 2013 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Excuse me i think the were pliers… my tv has an awful screen. Anyway, still pretty much impossible with a hand.

Comment by Elle – March 31, 2013 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually if you look back you’ll find she DIDN’T break the cuffs — she broke what they were attached to. The cuffs are still around her wrists when she takes the gun from Rick’s hand.
          That said, as unhappy as I am about losing Andrea, it really did fit the story line.
          The writing on this show is so well done (esp. compared to the rest of the CRAP on TV!) it’s amazing.

Comment by Angela – April 4, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s Michonne. If you’re gonna bitch at least spell the character names correctly.

Comment by tripoli – April 1, 2013 02:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No. Women die just like men. Actually men die more statistically because men fight in war and work dangerous jobs that women won’t touch.

Reality is misogynist. You are living in feminist fantasy land. Turn your TV off, please.

Comment by Jeff – April 4, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Unfortunately we cannot have the sad pathetic views of yourself helping out in making a better show. Then we could just have some grunting men shouting queer and “man-up bro” more often.

Reality also forbids humans to fly but we changed it. Reality allows for a lot of things which the human species has taken into hand and changed for its better.

Luckily, Jeff your one of the last remaining generations of weak, reactionary men who think the way things are, is how they should be.

Comment by Rya – April 4, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • He’s partly right though. People are being sexist idiots in claiming that the show is sexist for killing off people equally.

Comment by Kryik – April 7, 2013 07:21 AM PDT
          • The reality is people do not fly, airplanes do. People ride the flying airplanes they aren’t actually flying.

Comment by larry – January 4, 2014 09:10 AM PDT
    • I actually really like Carol… Shes my favorate character. I like how sassy she now. she also brings abit if humour to the show which it needs from time to time.

Comment by adam – March 31, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It wasn’t Carol’s fault that any of those people died. T-dogg was bit already, sophia wandered off, and axel was just unlucky. Any people praise her cause of how strong she is. She was beat by her husband who later died and all she had left was her daughter who also died. She may not kill many zombies but she is probably the strongest women on this show.

Comment by katie – April 1, 2013 12:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The episode was awful. I expected so much more. The last three were let downs. To let someone like Andrea, such a badass and go through all she has, to die the pathetic way she did was lame. I can see why the showrunners are leaving left and right. This episode was boring and Carl needs to get his. I will give it a couple of episodes next season… but the lack of resolution was awful.

Comment by Steve – March 31, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This season finale was disappointing, I can’t believe Andrea is dead, she was one of my favorite characters since the start, she didn’t deserve to end up like that, because her death was pointless to the plot!! Didn’t felt right to the arch, it was unnecessary in my view and she had so potential, she was badass! I am really sad, i really am! I think some rabid fans in some way helped the writers killing her, since the season finale was rewritten!

Comment by liliana – March 31, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well season 3 was a major miss and and how else than to kill off one of my favorites? first lori then andrea boooo and i have watched from beginning pissed

Comment by dude – March 31, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is shocking how you liked the two most hated characters, I liked Lori too.

Comment by Mike – March 31, 2013 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Andrea and Lori haven’t done anything to deserve being the two most hated characters. Little boys get online and rant about female characters because they have mommy issues and are pissed off that they can’t get a girlfriend. The writers shouldn’t be responding to the whims of misogynist fans. People like that should be ignored.

Comment by ht883 – April 1, 2013 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh relax. There are plenty of women who hate Lori and Andrea. They were trouble causing, useless members of the group. They got what they deserved in the end. We’ve still got some strong, awesome women on the show, so take it easy.

Comment by tripoli – April 1, 2013 02:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Lori was useless but I don’t think Andrea was useless. She held watch in the second season, She was a good shot, she was a good zombie killer as well. I’m sure if that was Lori they had left behind at the end of season 2 she wouldn’t have made it that far.

Comment by Charlet – April 1, 2013 10:57 AM PDT
        • AMEN

Comment by eshine – April 1, 2013 02:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well … I don’t have mommy issues and I don’t want to get a girlfriend because I’m gay … but I also hated Lori and Andrea. Loved Andrea in the frist season but she became really annoying in season two and the whole season 3!Andrea … she made choices I couldn’t understand and here storyline made her not very likely for me. Some goes for Lori. I liked the character in the first season but the whole Shane/Rick storyline was just annoying too. Like Andreas

So, I’m happy that both characters are not on the show anymore.

Comment by Mike – April 1, 2013 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Half the people here are blaming the fans… but…

But throughout the latter part of season 3, andrea was becoming a progressively annoying character playing cat and mouse with the governor, being made out to be a bimbo blonde who just seemed lost, instead of the badass character we know from the comics and the earlier seasons.

By this point, we DID want THIS andrea gone, even dead by this point, since andrea was hard to watch now and unbearably boring.

However, did we really need another episode of watching the governor seemingly wander around pointlessly doing horrendous things with no one stopping him and magically leaving unscathed. And andrea to have the weakest send off in the history of send offs. While they listened to the fans on the fact of “killing andrea”, they didn’t listen to all the main complaints of the latter of the season.

To which end, killing andrea made sense to this arc, but didn’t sway from the painfully boring and unsatisfactory way the arc was going. It could have been an exciting finale to make up for the failures of the arc, but instead we got more of the same… the best I can say is, at least it was consistent.

Hope the story gets better from here.

Comment by ash – April 1, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Leave feminism out of this. It’s ridiculous. Lori and Andrea haven’t done anything to be hated? Ok. Where should I start. Lori hooked up with her HUSBAND’S BEST FRIEND days after she “thought” he died. We still don’t know whose kid Judith is, Rick’s or Shane’s. She was crazy annoying throughout the seasons and wasn’t the best wife or mother. And oh, the endless “if only’s” with Andrea. If only Andrea had just killed the governor when she had like, FOUR chances to. If only she’d just trusted Michonne’s trustworthy gut and left with her. If only she’d left Woodbury when she’d had the chance. If only she’d just stayed with Rick and the group. It’s not like there aren’t strong female characters or male characters haven’t been hated. Get off your feministic pony.

Comment by Darylismine – April 9, 2014 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • was the finale a let down? yeah a little. i was definitely expecting more of a battle, but about major character deaths i mean it is walking dead they really want to drift from the comics a little too much i think but this is walking dead and no one should get the chosen one treatment or immunity because they are a fan favorite. this seasons finale was definitely overrated because of how it went down in the comics. they should have included more of a fight between the two groups and just tweaked the deaths i am pretty sure fans would appreciate this rather then the governor firing on his group although it was a great scene.

Comment by luke – April 1, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe this is the whole point of The Walking Dead, to get people frustrated so much that they would want to watch it again and the next episode. People were left with a “WTF? ” moment. If everybody knew what was gonna happen next like what Laurie Holden was saying, then nobody would bother watching this show. It would be like how the rest of the other regular TV shows are.

Comment by Mbarzon – March 31, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If they were going for the opposite of what everyone expected they did a great job, I mean I was expecting Andrea to survive, and the Governor to die, and was wrong on both accounts. I still thought it was good, and I’m glad we get one more season with a great villain.

Comment by Mike – March 31, 2013 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haven’t seen finale yet but is there still a chance of lori turning up as a walker?

Comment by Steve mack – March 31, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope. She shot herself.

Comment by Charlet – April 1, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, Carl shot his mother and then her remains were eaten by a walker. She is gone.

Comment by wrstlgirl – April 1, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, TVLine, could you hold off on the spoiler headlines until after the episode airs on the West Coadt?

Comment by knoopie – March 31, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You didn’t have to click the link.

Comment by Mike – March 31, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If you like this site on facebook you get their spoiler headlines on the west coast before shows air. Kind of a dick move on their part.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – March 31, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thanks, I didn’t know that.

Comment by Mike – March 31, 2013 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Didn’t click any link. The headline with the character’s name was there on the homepage, before the spoiler alert. Guess ill steer clear of the page in the future.

Comment by knoopie – March 31, 2013 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Beswt to steer clear. This plea has been made countless times, to no avail. TvLine cares not a bit.

Comment by tripoli – April 1, 2013 02:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It should be made clear, that anyone blaming this site for posting this, just shows how ridiculous you are acting. You are on the internet, where any type of social media, news, and information is transmitted on a daily basis. It would be the same as if you turned on the TV and saw news about the show on there. Would you yell at the cable provider for the same thing? You want a solution to the problem? Don’t go on the internet until after you watch the show. Sheesh c’mon people grow up and pull your heads outta your a$$

Comment by Mikey P – April 4, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought her death give her justice: Andrea was a lawyer, she believed in the Governor and, later on, she believed in a peaceful exit. She bet her life on it. And she lost.}

I just wish Milton wouldn’t have been dragged into this. He knew what was going to happen, what he was going to do to her once he would die, and he had no mean to stop it. It is the most hard, cold fact of their new existance. There was nothing they could do about it

Comment by Riddle – March 31, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her interview, hate what they did to her character. Andrea was so badass, and this season they turned her into a moron. Sad to see her go, her death was pointless… TWD is such a popular show, they should get their sh*t together and stop changing showrunners so damn much, it hurts the storylines and this season finale was subpar at best. Not so eagerly waiting for S4 as I thought I would…

Comment by cote – March 31, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely!
      I wanted to see Andrea and Michonne take down the governor. I thought that would have been the ultimate payback and I was expecting to see that as a finale. Now the lunatic one eyed Willie gets to hide out and make plans on how to take over the prison, while 2 senseless deaths happen. I could have seen Milton teaming up with Herschel and sharing science knowledge and Andrea being a potential love interest to Rick and a surrogate mom to Carl and Judith. The whole story arc went awry.

Comment by Afan – April 1, 2013 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I personally don’t see what was badass about her character in the past. In season one she was okay. Season two she sounded like a child who wanted to prove that she was strong. For example, she shot Daryl (even after being told by Rick not to do anything and Dale telling her not to).
      I’m not saying I disliked her character but I think she got more depth in the 3rd season. Her actions seemed to have more meaning than just ‘I need to show I’m as strong as everyone else’. Her character seemed more well defined and to have clear intentions with what she was trying to do. Sometimes those actions were wrong in the long run but as a human being you can’t blame her for making those mistakes. They weren’t nonsensical, just a bit naive.
      If you didn’t like her character than fair enough but I think her character was a lot better in the 3rd series.

Comment by samgj – April 1, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 3 was fantastic from beginning to end. Fantastic performances all around. I’m looking forward to seeing more of television’s newest villain. Btw, by reading some of the comments on here, one can separate the intelligent viewers from…well…the rest. It’s amusing. Roll on Season 4!

Comment by Tania – March 31, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Interesting how instead of simply leaving your comment on how you approve of Season 3 in general, you have to take a jab at the intelligence of the people commenting that have a different opinion than yours. I am glad to hear that you are happy with how the show is going, but it is alright for others to not be as pleased. “By the way,” I hope the writers make a nice exit for the Governor, as I would hate to see you disappointed with his arc next season.

Comment by Anna – April 1, 2013 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow…I don’t feel like we’re all watching the se show! I thought this was an amazing episode. And I loved this whole season!! I didn’t read the comics but was def saddened at the path Andrea had taken. But in the end, I get it. Wish she hasn’t died. I cried like a baby! But I thought the scenes were so well done! Waiting for Milton to die?!?! I basically held my breath for the entire hour! I say- job well done to the cast and crew! Thanks for such an amazing season!

Comment by kenseysmom – March 31, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m leaving with Andrea. She was one of my favorites and I just don’t like the show like before. It feels like killing characters is their only way of surprising the audience. It’s getting old, even for a zombie show. And the Gov will be a s4 regular, seriously? I have been over the character since mid season. Ugh.

So long, TWD.

Comment by vfbdfjb – March 31, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Its like they are killing off the main characters just to make room for the new characters. And I wasn’t shocked about her death at all. I mean the minute Milton and her had that moment asking her why she left her group. I new. I wanted to see more of her and michonne’s friendship shown. And basically from the beginning when Amy died she wanted to die and once she wanted to live, thats when it gets bad.

Comment by Tina Martinez – March 31, 2013 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It sounds like you just want everyone to live, which just can’t happen, death is an integral part of this show, and will be until it ends. Where were all the Andrea fans throughout the season, they just seem to be appearing now.

Comment by Mike – March 31, 2013 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You might be surprised how many supporters get drowned out by the people that are NOT supporters. The Walking Dead fans on tumblr are a perfect example of this. There was a time where if you posted something positive about a character (whether it be Andrea, Glenn, etc), it seemed as if thirty other people would post something negative about the same character. Really I think it has always been about even, but of course complaints are always the loudest.

In response to vfbdfjb, it is well known that the characters in this show will die. Am I upset at the last minute change of fate for Andrea? Yes. Am I shocked by her death? Yes and no. I thought that it was very predicable, actually…especially when it was written that she would look at Milton when he talked to her, and when she dropped the pliers. Such a cliché! It is really an insult to the character, and also to the actress. At the same time, I had hoped for the best for Andrea. That, in my personal opinion, did not happen.

Even though I do not see myself watching The Walking Dead in the future, I hope that the show continues to do well. There are still some fantastic characters and actors left, and the storytelling is- hopefully- still far from over.

Comment by Anna – April 1, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree and many other people. I’m done with the show

Comment by Mandy – March 31, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Same show…sorry! Darn phone

Comment by kenseysmom – March 31, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Andrea was an awesome character and hated that it ended here for her. Overall, I felt like the finale was a bit anti-climactic. There wasn’t really much of a battle, or even really a cliffhanger of any kind in terms of what to look forward to next season. It wasn’t a terrible hour by any means, but it just didn’t live up to the last two.

Comment by Jake – March 31, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great interview. I really thought the TV Andrea arc had to come to an end this way. I liked the finale. Different from last year’s finale, but more thoughtful.

Comment by Diane – March 31, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why did she take so long with the dumb pliers? If she hurried up SHE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE. That was very very poor writing. Andrea would never have dilly dallied for so long chatting with Milton who was going to turn.

Comment by bluebird – March 31, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, that was driving me nuts! (That and curiosity over where Andrea got her pedicure. Was there a cozy session w/ the Gov during which he painted her nails?) Get the freakin’ tool you need to stay alive! LATER you can ruminate over how you just wanted to fix things, just wanted everyone to live, blah, blah, blah.

Comment by Lyn – April 1, 2013 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! Or at least talk and get the pliers at the same time. They made her stop and talk to him….WTF???

Comment by Charlet – April 1, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I disagree with a lot of people on here, because I actually felt like this episode and Andrea’s character was written fairly well. For two seasons she continuously felt like an outsider with her group and The Governor took her with open arms, so it made sense (to me) that she was so open to that idea. I think her wanting to keep things peaceful also made sense seeing how Dale had such a huge impact on her and he was the moral compass of the group. I think a lot of people confuse poor writing and frustration; they’re not the same thing.

Comment by Damien Roberts (@dam744) – March 31, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you!!!!!! Good writing can be very frustrating. Its easy to keep everyone alive and doing the “right” thing, but that is also BORING on a show that is like this one. Yeah your frustrated but that is what brings most people back. Also, read the comics. A lot of these people die anyway.

Comment by Elle – March 31, 2013 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. Her story, and it’s conclusion, made complete sense and fell in line with her character.

The people who dislike it are probably just pissy because Andrea didn’t become an epic badass and because there wasn’t a full-on war at the prison. This show is not going to follow the comics, so for people to expect Andrea to be like her comic counterpart and then to blame the writers when she isn’t is just ridiculous.

Comment by Kevin – April 1, 2013 01:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was so sad to see Andrea go! I really liked her, not sure why, but I did. All throughout the episode I kept thinking, hoping for loophole after loophole that she would find her way out of there in time.

Comment by John – March 31, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always find reading the comments on a site like this more frustrating than anything relating to the actual show. It amazes me how quickly a fans loyalty can be swayed. But whatever. I liked the episode, and as much as I have personally loved the Andrea character, she really did reach the end of her arc on the show. I’ve always felt the character was written honestly (as I have most of the characters in this zombie apocalypse) portrayed beautifully by Laurie Holden. I will miss her, but the timing was right.

Comment by MrMank – March 31, 2013 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was literally thinking the same thing. All season I’ve looked at comments that have insulted the Andrea character and in which asked for her to be killed. The writers essentially complied with that and now people are saying they won’t be watching because their favourite character was killed. Can television show writers ever win? I swear to God, fans of TV series rarely have any loyalty. One thing happens that they don’t like and they get their panties twisted and proclaim that they’re finished with the show for good. I wasn’t happy to see Merle die, or Dale, Shane either but it’s a television show, it’s an awesome one at that and like Laurie Holden said about her, she’s an actor, it’s her job to act. We’re fans, it’s our job to watch, not dictate the whole show and lose interest because the writers don’t do what we want. Honestly, do you ever want to be suprised by good television or do you just want the writers to do what you want them to do? If the writers continiously complied with fan demand, we’d all know everything that happens because we’re the ones dictating it. Let the writers write, watch or don’t watch, but for the love of God, be consistent.

Comment by Dean – April 1, 2013 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just awful last episode. When Andrea revealed that she had been bitten, my entire family gasped. We were in such disbelief. I’m not sure if I want to tune in to the fourth season. Such a disappointment.

Comment by Mad Cat – March 31, 2013 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really dissapointed they killed off Andrea. I will try to watch the show next season but not sure if I will care anymore. She was the reason I first became interested in the show, and even though they wrecked her character this year, I always enjoyed her Lori’s performances. I guess it may be time to find a new show :(

Comment by Fan from Day One – March 31, 2013 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad to see I’m not the only one that liked Andrea! I feel like the only one out of most the people I know that watch it. I am sad to see her go I really thought she would pull through and get together with everyone. But her death was very honorable and I liked how they wrote it, better than a shot to the head in combat or something lol. Looking forward to next season even without my favorite character.

Comment by Roger – March 31, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Her death wasn’t honorable though, not really. She died because she kept pausing to talk to Milton when she should have been trying to get the stupid pliers to free herself. If she hadn’t kept pausing, she would have been out of there. So she died because she was stupid. And that sucks, because she deserved better.

Comment by Ruby – March 31, 2013 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, She Was The One that Made Me Watch TWD more.. but now she’s gone..
      She’s Good At Killing Zombies..
      And why didnt she survive? although glenn survived when he fights off the zombie why didnt you do it to andrea too :(

Comment by Bryan – April 1, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my gosh, all I’ve read on these comment boards for the last several weeks is how much everyone hates Andrea and why doesn’t she just die already? Now you’re complaining bc she was killed off. You people are never happy. Great show, enjoyed it very much, thank you to all the people who made it happen.

Comment by Betsy – March 31, 2013 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I for one have never commented about how I hated Andrea. Apparently, the writers listen a little to much to the fandom that rants and raves online about a certain character. As far as I’m concerned they could have killed off many characters and I would not have cared. Carol, Carl, Herschel, Beth, Glenn, Maggie, Michonne, even Darryl (although the fan girls would have been jumping out of windows) any of them would have been better than Andrea. Just my opinion. I guess I should have ranted more online.

Comment by Fan from Day One – April 1, 2013 04:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad Andrea is dead. I just wish she had a more gruesome death rather than a bite to the neck because she deserved it after whoring around with the Governor.

Comment by Chad – March 31, 2013 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow. You need help. Please get some.

Comment by Ruby – March 31, 2013 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Cosigned. Andrea probably reminds him of his mother or of all the girls who’ve rejected his awkward virgin advances.

Comment by Tim – April 1, 2013 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you don’t have an ounce of testosterone in your body, do you?
      (or normal sexuality ) You sound very sexually frustrated or some kind of brainwashed religious nut to be so judgemental of a character on a show.
      Get a life. (and lose your virginity while you’re at it, freak boy.)

Comment by tammie goodell – March 31, 2013 11:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not watching this show anymore, There was no reason for Andrea to die this soon, This show has gone downhill ever since Frank Darenbont left.I am glad this show is done till October because now it is just the Daryl Dixon fangirl show,Really how many times can you jump the shark with that character. They made the Rick and Carl characters unlikeable and the rest are boring. I will be looking for the next Laurie Holden projects. Hopefully she can get some major roles now that the WD is over.

Comment by cameron – March 31, 2013 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve wanted to smack Carl for 3 seasons now.

Comment by PJ – April 2, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have seen Holden in a number of performances and she is a horrid actress… don’t have too high of hope in watching her do other work.

Comment by Rya – April 4, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone who’s saying they’ll stop watching the show.. will watch again. Guaranteed.

It’s sad to see Andrea go, but the way they developed her character on TV there was nothing more for her to do. Removing her opens up space for new characters.

I was kind of disappointed that the Governor survived for Season 4. I was hoping they move to something else.

Comment by SAM – March 31, 2013 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I always crack up laughing when I read comments like that. People….no one cares if you watch anymore, its not about you, and the show will survive.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – March 31, 2013 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It will survive a while, but the ratings will drop given the disappointment by so many of the fans. They’ll care when they see their bottom line affected.

Comment by Tim – April 1, 2013 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • the ratings are so high that even if they shed a million viewers it will still be high enough to justify being renewed for several more seasons. Look at Grey’s Anatomy. It went from 20 – 30 + millions viewers to now 8 or 9 million, and yet it’s being renewed for another season. Why? Because 8 or 9 million on ABC is still much better than many other shows. The same goes for this show. Compared to other shows on AMC even with many viewers not coming back, it will still be more successful. Besides, people always claim they won’t be back and then 90% of them are.

Comment by RudyOlive – April 1, 2013 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • **** it will still be more successful than other programs on the network

Comment by RudyOlive – April 1, 2013 06:21 AM PDT
          • You are exactly right. That’s why I do the eye roll when I read comments like “I’m done watching this show”. Most don’t mean it, they are just reacting in the moment. The same thing happened with SOA creater killed off the fan favorite Opie and those ratings are the same if not better. TWD isn’t going anywhere, expect it to be around for several more seasons.

Comment by wrstlgirl – April 1, 2013 07:18 AM PDT
    • believe me i will not

Comment by Mandy – April 1, 2013 12:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you SAM! i have been reading these comments and waiting for someone to say what you did. A bunch of them will come back, people need to stop lying to themselves!!!!
      I can’t Fraking wait to next season!!!!!

Comment by Matt – April 1, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst finale and worst episode of Walking Dead ever. I am fuming at the bunch of crap that was served up .

Looks like Andrea’s death was added later on – if the writers did this because of the hate that the character was getting – then they are pussies of the highest order. It’s their mistake at least they could have written well from S4 onwards. Also, IF this is to be the trend -then I feel the showrunners are not doing justice to the story – they are simply incorporating what fans want.

Comment by Spoiler Junkie – March 31, 2013 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The showrunner did get let go, maybe it was with good reason.

Comment by Mike – March 31, 2013 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Plus, they’re killing off characters in response to the rantings of a minority of misogynist lunatics online. The vast majority of audience members didn’t hate Andrea or Laurie.

Comment by jjhe – April 1, 2013 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? Where have those people been all this time? And drop the mysogynist bull. It’s not always the answer. Men, women and children alike have hated both Lori and Andrea, for a plethora of reasons. Deal with it.

Comment by tripoli – April 1, 2013 02:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes! Thank you! I’m a woman and I HATED both Lori and Andrea! I get that comic book Andrea was bad ass and whatever, and I would’ve liked to see that explored had she stayed alive, but I’m not really all that hurt that she’s gone. And it’s the lack of logic and loyalty that ticked me off about those characters. And I say all this as a WOMAN, not some “misogynist”. *rolling eyes*

Comment by CBGB – April 4, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, we’re frustrated, that doesn’t mean that the show is bad because it made us feel this way (for those that liked Andrea at least). Perhaps the WD television show doesn’t follow the cliche route that most television shows use to develop their characters. The WD reflects reality purely because life is exactly like this. In real life, people die suddenly. I think this season captured the gritty, downside of real life. Not everything unfolds in such a predictable manner. That’s what I like about the WD. Not because it ends with a happy “resolved” ending, but because you can never know what’s going to happen next. We can feel disappointed, frustrated, with the way everything turned out. But I think that it’s a compliment to the makers of the show that they can stir in us such deep emotional attachments to the characters, especially when they are taken from us so quickly. Perhaps if everyone here views this in a different light you will see that this episode was not terrible simply because the events in it were. Keep an open mind and don’t judge a show so harshly because it doesn’t play on your expectations. Broaden your horizons… do all shows have to have the same general arc to make you satisfied?

As for Laurie Holden, I can honestly feel how disappointing it must be for her, as an actor, to expect to have landed a role in which she would be a long-living character (as in the comics) and to find out that she will be killed off. I love her performances, she really is a great actor. I will try to support any movie/TV-series she is in. But that’s the hard life of show business, it comes with the job description. From the way she described the set and the people sounds really wonderful. It’s such a pity that she will have to leave that world. I really do hope they incorporate her with Michonne some more, whether through flashbacks or what not. They have 7-months time (the time her and Michonne were together) to hopefully give closure to Andrea as a character in future episodes. I really am rooting for Laurie to score a big film or series contract.

Anyways, interesting discussion nonetheless.
    - Tristan

Comment by Tristan – March 31, 2013 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honestly frustration means we care about this show and characters, and to be disappointed about the death of Andrea, who has been a character that has been frustrating all season could be seen as an accomplishment.

Comment by Mike – March 31, 2013 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am SO glad Andrea is finally dead, I’ve waited for this for the last 2 seasons. Andrea was by far the worst character on the show. Not that Laurie Holden did a poor job playing her, just how the character was written. She was always making stupid/wrong decisions, like in season 2 when she almost killed Darrell or the seemingly endless amount of wrong calls she made this season. I’m not going to miss her and I know I’m not alone.

Comment by J – March 31, 2013 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There are no words to describe how happy I am to see Andrea die! She was awful. So glad to see her go!

Comment by Wrstlgirl – March 31, 2013 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just think some of you need to realize what your saying. The season 3 showrunner (Glen) didn’t write this episode. The new showrunner for season 4 did. That being said if you really didn’t like it maybe you shouldn’t come back. I myself LOVED season 3.
    I liked the way Andrea died (as unrealistic as it was). Before the episode I thought there’s no way they’d kill her that’d be too obvious. But when the camera faded away, and viewers assumed Andrea killed Milton easily with her hands free, it was such a shock for me to see Andrea bitten and really headed for death. And I liked that. I’m glad it was surprising.
    That being said Laurie Holden, you did a great job. But I’m not sad she’s leaving. The actress constantly going on talk shows and interviews and raving about her character, acting like she made no mistakes—I don’t know I found it very annoying. Every character has flaws and Andrea in particular had MANY. Why not be able to admit that?
    I like this interview she gave you guys (TVLINE) because at least she’s able to sort of see how her character might not be viewed as a hero. This was the first way I’d heard Holden talk about Andrea this way. I’m also glad she was frustrated by not playing by the comic Andrea character. Maybe she couldn’t voice that opinion when she was working on the show, I don’t know. But regardless the writers chose to not make her like she was in the comics and I think that’s fine. I just was constantly annoyed to have her character thrown at me and defended by the actress all the time. Dude she made a hell of a lot of mistakes. Come on. Sure eventually I bet she could’ve redeemed herself but I think we can all admit she wasn’t the smartest this season.
    That being said I don’t get why we’re saying Andrea died for the group. She didn’t. Nothing she did in that episode saved anyone. I don’t want to offend people who love her. But this whole attitude of why she was locked away, and she only wanted to save everyone, and yada yada yada. The governor trapped her, took her back to his lair and left her to die. She didn’t prevent more deaths. I just hate that she’s taking some credit for that. What went down in this episode (in terms of at the prison attack and stuff) would’ve happened had Andrea been kidnapped or not IMO. And Andrea’s idea of coming to a common ground with both groups with no fighting couldn’t have ever been accomplished.
    I think at most, it’s fair to say Andrea stayed true to herself, true to her conscious. Is that better than someone who is still living, say like Carl. I don’t know.

Comment by Maddie – March 31, 2013 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glen Mazzara wrote this episode, the current show runner, Gimple wrote last weeks.

Comment by Mike – March 31, 2013 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Apparently Gimple rewrote the script, hence the last minute change leading to Andrea’s death.

Comment by tripoli – April 1, 2013 02:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Gimple didn’t rewrite the whole script, he doctored it a little to try and fix it. He wrote the extra 5 minutes they filmed in December where they decided to kill Andrea. Before that, it would have been a cliffhanger for next season.

Comment by Drizz – April 1, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh, and I agree with Maddie- spot-on assessment.

Comment by Drizz – April 1, 2013 04:37 PM PDT
          • Andrea still died under Mazzera’s script… Gimple did not kill her off, he just gave her a more dignified death… On the AMC website there is an interview with Laurie Holden explaining the two different death scenes…

Comment by RaeZugg – April 4, 2013 01:05 PM PDT
      • scott gimple wrote the finale thats why she only knew a few days before

Comment by Justin Young – April 1, 2013 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Horribly written finale. I skipped most of the dialogue.milton asked stupid questions he hardly forshadowed knowing, but was really just answering fan complaints about her obnoxious attitude. She was killed off for the sake of the show. No need to watch season 4. The shows zombie killing rocks, but the story is half retarded and lacking a moral compass. I think the walking dead was poorly drawn, and they foolishly casted for likeness rather than aesthetic qualities. Some woman are very attractive when being bitchy, but the actors playing lori and andrea pushed too hard and ruined their roles, got themselves memed. the immorality of the characters has been a turn of, but the zombie killing brings me back. I hope season 4 gets cancelled so I can pretend maggie and glenn live. But whatever.:) some of the coolest zombie effects! Thank gosh for dvr ffw. Maybe the breaking bad writers can take over the walking dead? :)

Comment by Daschundpuppernup – March 31, 2013 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Awwww, too bad for you.
      They didn’t write it the way you wanted.

Guess what… TWD is gaurunteed thru season 7.
      You lose.

Comment by Angela – April 4, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really sad about the outcome of tonight’s show.They could have done so much more with Andrea’s character – so disappointed they killed her off so soon. What an awful way to send her out. I love Laurie Holden and her work on this show. I’m most likely done watching TWD now.

Comment by KT – March 31, 2013 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Andrea said, “I know how the safety works”, But Colt Python .357 revolvers do not have a safety.

Comment by Wano Nymous – March 31, 2013 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Wano Nymous – March 31, 2013 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nor do they drop shells after firing. Stupid show.

Comment by max – April 1, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Rick did not give her his Python… it was a different gun…

Comment by RaeZugg – April 4, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Theres a fine line between being respectfully powerful and being totally obnoxious and andrea crossed that line into the latter. Rick and carl too, but they are the untouchable ideals of american culture. Might as well call it the invincible rick and carl show. the problem with andrea was the way she walked, talked down to whoever, the way she literally slept with the enemy and turned on michonne, etc. but loving to hate a character is an art form too. :) she was the villain all along, sort of a twist. love the zombie effects! the best in the genre, movies and all. The only prob with TWD is the series lacking a moral compass and mediocre writing. I was hoping that andrea would have lived long enough to become pregnant with the governor and try to abort it and be eaten inside out. i see TWD as an anti hero show. oddly im going for the governor. The story has been so straightforward that it can only be watched by dvr, without lulling through predictable dialogue, but definetly repeating in slo mo the zombie kilings. Hope the effects team does a movie!

Comment by Fivel – March 31, 2013 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Disappointed this season, for murdering two good characters.Merle and Andrea.
    Sure Merle was a dick, but he had character. And dropping andrea like that they should of kept her for at least few more seasons.

Comment by J – March 31, 2013 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Merle’s death was more heartbreaking than Andrea’s. I, for one, like how the writers are steering away from the source material, even though some of the writing on some episodes has been not so great.

Comment by coliver77 – March 31, 2013 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you found the death of a murdering bigot more heartbreaking than the death of a noble, helpful character then that says a lot about you and your mommy isues.

Comment by joshua – April 1, 2013 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Noble and helpful? Andrea? You must be joking. Andrea was mostly into getting her rocks off and fronting like she was trying to do good, whilst only making piss poor decisions.

Comment by tripoli – April 1, 2013 02:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Some people are warped, and so upset that they need to yell about mysogeny and claim people have mommy issues to feel better that their favorite character died. Nevermind the thing they should complain about is the writing. Laurie Holden is a nice person, I’m sure, though she did do too much publicity trying to justify her character’s choices. You don’t see the other actors so actively trying to defend their characters, they know they are just characters. The character of Andrea was incredibly annoying, though. Can’t see how she could be anyone’s favorite character unless they are damaged in some way, too.

Comment by Drizz – April 1, 2013 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • See, this is what happens when fans get together to spew hate at a character on a TV show. Sometimes the writers listen! Happened on The OC, too, and that ended the show.

I was not an Andrea hater, but I’m really pissed that her last moments on the show she was so moronic…stopping trying to free herself every few seconds to talk to Milton. I was literally screaming at my TV, and by the time she was finally attacked, it just felt like she deserved what she got. Which is NOT the Andrea I signed up for, and I’m sure Laurie Holden didn’t either. The writers of this show really shortchanged this character, and that really sucks. And I feel bad for Laurie, because I know how much she loved being on the show, and I’m sure this really hurt her. The people who run this show have really got to get it together, and maybe swerve back TOWARD the books more, because this is just becoming a big old mess. Killing off characters is not the only way to create drama, and these writers would do well to remember that. (As would Robert Kirkman, actually.)

Comment by Ruby – March 31, 2013 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was definitely the reason they cut her of. (Stupid) People didn’t stop complain about her. Now don’t stop complaining about her death.

Comment by Ben – March 31, 2013 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just wanted to say that I love Laurie Holden and her portrayal of Andrea. I don’t agree with her arc coming to an end, because I think there was still a lot that could have been done with the character (and I don’t read the comics), but there’s nothing we can do about it now. Andrea was one of my favourite characters; I loved her along with Rick and Daryl. Her character will be missed. Thanks, Laurie.

Comment by T – March 31, 2013 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible episode, sub par season . Killing off Andrea and straying so far from Kirkman’s vision is just bad writing .. The silver lining… I don’t have to wait in anticipation for season 4, O I will still watch it ,but I won’t “hunger” for it. Terrible writing , just bad, bad, bad.. If we are going to just toss aside the platform Kirkman created why don’t we just kill the entire group,aside from Daryl and “Carl the badass” arc and let them becomes the Mad MAx of this zombie apoc. I should be writing for this show, not the jackasses that produced this season .

Comment by Brandon Rucker – March 31, 2013 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kirkman has said before that he enjoys the changes that the writers make from the comics… he frequently sits in while they are brainstorming ideas for changes and he agrees with them, and does not want the show and the comics to be the same… C’mon people! The season was good, the finale was good, and I look forward to S4. Spewing hate among each other is doing no one any good… Not the fans or the show or even those who are disappointed. I agree that the show is in no way in any danger of being cancelled or losing its audience… So, if you hate what the writers have done so much, the answer is just as simple as this…. Stop watching it! There are plenty of us who will continue to support the show and enjoy it for what it is….

Comment by RaeZugg – April 4, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this was a big error of the show to kill her. Her character had too much to give and grow in the next seasons. Most people complain about her, but I think that in the bottom of our hearts we loved her. Andrea will be really really missed in season 4, I was expecting very anxious her to permanently regroup with the people in the prision… I am not even excited to see the next season.

Comment by Ben – March 31, 2013 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First off, I think Laurie Holden did an incredible job this season. I was never pleased with the Andrea-in-Woodbury arc but I loved what they did with her in the back half of the season. I thought her decision to try and save everyone and bring about a peaceful resolution was very much in-character.

I was so sad to see her go. That being said, I think the scenes leading up to her death, beautifully acted as they were, were ridiculous. Andrea knew enough about how people turn that she wouldn’t have sat there and had a long chat with Milton as he died. She would’ve been trying to escape the entire time. And her constantly dropping the pliers was just silly. Nor do I believe that someone who has killed several walkers at a time would be so easily taken down by one.

But even though what led to her death felt unrealistic to me and her death unnecessary, I loved her final moments. I loved the call-back with Rick and the safety. I loved that she got to explain what she’d been trying to do all along and that the others understood. I loved those last seconds she had with Michonne and how their shared looks said SO much about their relationship and their love for one another.

I think it was a mistake to kill her off but I’m not quitting the show because of it. However, I do hope from here on out that the writers find a way to shock the audience that doesn’t involve murdering characters.

Thank you, Laurie Holden for some truly beautiful work. I loved Andrea and I will be very sad not to have her around in season 4.

Comment by Meg – March 31, 2013 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s absolutely ridiculous that they killed off Andrea. It seems like this was a final slap in the face from Glen Mazzara. She is one of the most treasured characters in the comics and had so much more to give to the TV show. Shocks are part of The Walking Dead but this is just simply too far! Laurie Holden was great, however it really wasn’t the Andrea i expected which i thought wasn’t a problem because they would show her develop like she does in the comics but they went and killed her off!

Comment by Dan – March 31, 2013 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This episode was AWFUL. I’ve been a loyal TWD fan and have turned others onto the show. They dragged out the story line with the governor and now we don’t even get a resolution? I am not interested enough in him for this to go into next season. TWD should come up with NEW challenges and threats for next season.

Plus, Andrea was one of my favorite characters and I didn’t want to see her gone. Also, I don’t buy that she was killed by one lone zombie, after she was freed, when she’s defended herself against entire groups before.

I’ll watch the first episode or two of season 4 but if this show doesn’t improve dramatically I’m done. I’ve read that they’re planning to make season 4 slow like the first half of season 2. If that’s really the case then count me out.

Comment by joshua – April 1, 2013 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post