Once Upon a Time Sneak Peeks: Rumple Clinches With Cora, Bids Belle an Emotional Farewell

Get More: Video

ROSE MCGOWAN, ROBERT CARLYLEThis Sunday on Once Upon a Time, as Rumplestiltskin lay dying, the ABC drama will flash back to how he first met Cora — in turn offering context for that random smooch Regina’s mom planted on him a few weeks back! The Imp Now Known As Mr. Gold meanwhile will bid adieu to his other love, Belle.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Scoop on Rumplestiltskin and Belle’s Future

In this first clip from the next episode, “The Miller’s Daughter,” we get an idea of just how close Rumple and young Cora got during the course of her first, Ghost-like gold-spinning tutorial. Doesn’t guest star Rose McGowan (Charmed) look purty in her “Snow white” gown? (And how does she not get glitter on her lips?!)

Loading video...

VIDEO | Once Upon a Time: Watch the PaleyFest Panel, Plus Preview a Serious Showdown!

And here, Gold, relocated to Storybrooke after Hook’s assault, makes one last bid to let amnesic Belle know how much she meant to him. (Grab a Kleenex, Rumbelle fans.)

Loading video...

Want more scoop on Once Upon a Time, or any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (57)

• Awww. I’m not a Rumbelle fan, but that made me sad.
    As for the first vid, I love that little giggle Rumps does after Cora says ‘snow white’. Rose McGowan looks like she was perfectly cast. Lookin’ forward to the rest of her scenes.

Comment by Platy D (@platys5startome) – March 7, 2013 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really missed Rose on the small screen. She is adorably mean. Seems like a great episode coming to us.

Comment by maki – March 7, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sunday cant come fast enough. I love this show and cant wait to watch this episode. Im not much of a shipper till this show. but im liking rumbelle. I cant wait to see how it all plays out. Im really looking forward to what is in store between emma and neal, luv there chemistry.

Comment by angela – March 7, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Emilie and Robert and Jennifer&Michael’s chemistry.

Comment by Patti – March 7, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I LOVED Rose on Charmed, I’m underwhelmed by her here. She definitely looks the part but that’s about it for me.

Comment by Kelly – March 7, 2013 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved Rose on Charmed too, and what the heck did she do to her face? I feel so sorry for these actresses. They have to constantly get nipped, tucked and Botoxed with good results NOT guaranteed!

Comment by Mel – March 7, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She had a car accident where her glasses cut into the skin under her eyes. She had to have it fixed by plastic surgery. She had to get it to remove the scars, she wasn’t just getting Botox

Comment by Alake M. (@AllieKMalik) – March 7, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just to let you know that Rumpelstilskin is the correct way to spell the name. Rumpel, not Rumple.

Comment by Luke – March 7, 2013 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show spells it ‘Rumple’. Both spellings are acceptable (within the fandom), though I myself prefer ‘Rumpel’.

Comment by Platy D (@platys5startome) – March 7, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yep, I decided last season to go with and stick with “Rumple,” so…. Hopefully it doesn’t greatly confuse the reader!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – March 7, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think I will stick to the spelling of Rumpel, as the Grimm Brothers intended.

Comment by Luke – March 7, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • LOL So basically the incorrect version as well?

Comment by xaverie – March 7, 2013 09:12 AM PDT
          • I don’t recall the Grimm Brother ever shortening his name(I could be wrong), so it will be hard to know what they would consider his nickname, either can be correct. Rumple has always looked more correct to me, just because it is spelled “Rumpel” in his full name does not dictate the nickname, or else my nickname would Mich instead of Mike.

Comment by Mike – March 7, 2013 09:32 AM PDT
    • It is Rumplestiltskin on the show. I like it that way too, because it makes it unique. Look at a picture of the dagger if you still question it.

Comment by Abby – March 7, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It is however a shame they spelled his name contradictory to how the grimm brothers intended.

Comment by Mike – March 7, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You know that the Grimm Brothers didn’t invent the name, right? They actually CHANGED it from what it really was, so…

Comment by xaverie – March 7, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Never heard that before, so I can’t argue it, to each his own.

Comment by Mike – March 7, 2013 09:45 AM PDT
          • Really? So you don’t actually know anything about the story you’re clinging to?

Comment by xaverie – March 7, 2013 09:47 AM PDT
          • I’ve read the story many times, and it is clearly spelled “Rumpelstiltskin”

Comment by Mike – March 7, 2013 09:54 AM PDT
          • Right. Rumpelstilzchen

Comment by xaverie – March 7, 2013 10:10 AM PDT
          • And Rumple has afew other names. Hischaracter is partof thefolklore of other Cultures. He was known as Tom tit Tot in English folklore. So we Could call him Tom for short if we like. Not sure anyone would know who we are talking about though.

Comment by Name That Tune – March 7, 2013 03:34 PM PDT
        • Why they heck should they care about how the Grimm Brothers, who provided the German spelling, would have spelled it in the English version? I don’t think they intended Rumple to also be the Beast or for Red Riding Hood to actually BE the Big Bad Wolf- and yet the creators managed to get over it and write a cool story. How someone can watch the show and miss the point so completely is astonishing.

Comment by Alice – March 7, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Neal’s reaction to his dad having a girlfriend/true love. OMG how much do I love Rumple&Belle. That was really beautiful and nice parallel to belle making a deal for her people, to cora for power and how while he couldn’t believe it in skin deep, belle really does love him. Although they should of given gold privacy, love emma and neal there. they have great chemistry and nice reactions to the convo.

Comment by Kelly – March 7, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, I love Cora and Rumple. It’s nice to see him with an equal rather than young girls he can manipulate.

Comment by xaverie – March 7, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um how did he manipulate Belle? I’m pretty sure she was the one doing the chasing in Skin Deep. She has called the shots in their relationship more than Rumple has.

Comment by Abby – March 7, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You mean like how he bought her in exchange for helping her people? Or how she is so brainwashed that she doesn’t believe the truth about him even when she hears it?

Comment by xaverie – March 7, 2013 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What truth doesn’t she believe?

Comment by Kath – March 7, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yep. I have always felt that so far Belle has worn the pants in the relationship. Like she said you find something worth fighting for you never give up. Now it’s his turn.

Comment by Kelly – March 7, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Except that everything she believes about him is a lie because he keeps the truth from her.

Comment by xaverie – March 7, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That’s the best point yet Xaverie….The problem is Rumple lies to Belle and even when she learns about it, she storms off in a huff and forgives him by episodes end. It makes her a very contradicting character. She’s tough one minute and then forgiving the next…It makes her seem dumb and gullible.

Comment by Josh – March 7, 2013 02:41 PM PDT
          • When has he lied to her lately? The closest was when he didn’t jump right in and say, “Oh by the way, I killed my last wife,” but he copped to it when Hook spilled the beans. Rum/Gold has been deceiving and manipulating for centuries now, but he is trying to tell Belle the truth and be open with her, because he loves her.

Comment by Kath – March 7, 2013 08:29 PM PDT
    • She’s using him for power. She’s more interested in the dark one than Rumple.

Comment by Kelly – March 7, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s not an equal. She is using him and manipulating him.It is about the power to Cora not him even back then. I will be glad that if it’s true she is killed off in this episode.

Comment by Patti – March 7, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • …that’s what makes them equals.

Comment by xaverie – March 7, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it’s fair to say manipulated, Belle had an out and chose to come back on many occasions.

Comment by Tony – March 7, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sure. But he still doesn’t tell her the truth. She asks what Hook did to his wife. He says ‘she died. that’s all that matters.’ It’s very clear he’s trying to manipulate her into believing that Hook killed Milah, when in fact Rumple killed Milah in cold blood. And his manipulation WORKS because she doesn’t believe the truth when it’s told to her.

Comment by xaverie – March 7, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He’s not manipulating her and she sees the good in him because there is good in him. She believes in him and her faith and love is bringing him back to his true self which is good. Dont you know anything about love and fairytales???

Comment by Pepper – March 7, 2013 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I know as much as anyone else. Although, what is his true self?

Comment by xaverie – March 8, 2013 12:38 PM PDT
    • He’s dealing with her post-Bae, which means everything is with his endgame of getting his son as his primary purpose. So he’s manipulating her the way he does everyone else.

Comment by Alice – March 7, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have never liked Rumbelle until that clip, still not a huge fan, but that was sweet.

Comment by Mike – March 7, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am rooting for Rumple&Belle. I hope we don’t have to wait until next season for Belle to get her memory back.

Comment by Kelly – March 7, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMGGG

That Rumbelle scene broke my heart!

Comment by BelleRumpleFan – March 7, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sort of bored of Rumple being the center of the fairytale universe. It’s time for this show to branch and move on because it fill it’s stuck….And scraping Regina’s redemption arc was one of the worst writing decisions ever.

Comment by Josh – March 7, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Regina good as well. I am hoping it turns out she is going along with her mother just to be able to finally stop her. I dont think she trusts her. And i dont mind Rumple being at the center. And I love him and Belle. But if he and Regina turn good and there is a happy ending for them and snow etc, then they can move on to new stories and new villains.

Comment by Pepper – March 7, 2013 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe they released that Rumbelle scene as a sneak peek. What could they possibly have in the rest of the episode to top it?

Comment by Kath – March 7, 2013 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A “big death” we are told. The question is whose death? The most surprising twist would be the death of Rumple but not Gold. Transfer of the Dark One’s power from Gold to Cora.
      Wheh wouldallow the redemption of Gold to continue. I think we are about to see Rumple Make a big choice to heal therelationship with hisson.

Comment by Name That Tune – March 8, 2013 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so Rumple may actually make me cry this Sunday!!! damn great Robert!!

Comment by onlyakb – March 7, 2013 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we give this man an Emmy yet?

Comment by wassita – March 8, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • could a goodbye kiss from a son to his dying father be “true loves kiss”? It breaks any curse I believe.

Comment by Han Solo – March 8, 2013 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just don’t kill him off he and Regina. And.Cora is the reason the show is.worth watching

Comment by Debra mobley – March 8, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure if someone else saw this coming, too, but do you think Rumpelstilzchen might also be Regina’s father…?

Comment by Lisa – March 8, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes I do and I can’t wait to see who Regina. Will side with her mother or him

Comment by Debra mobley – March 8, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is Cora/Rose saying at :47 into the clip… “Fifth in line to be queen. That won’t happen without a lot of bloodshed.” ? Couldn’t clearly understand it. But me thinks she is about to marry a prince, of whom either has multiple brothers, multiple uncles, or a combination of those two.. hence being ‘fifth,’ if that is indeed what she is saying. Clearly the relationship ends, as we see her husband in Regina’s flashbacks is not a prince/king. Part of me thinks that Snow’s mother will have something to do with it, as last week’s episode conveyed Cora’s hatred/vengeful nature, whatever you want to call it, towards Eva. And if not, I am itching to see how that rivalry began.

Comment by jc – March 8, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ABC has released the first 10 minutes of the episode. She can many the King’s son if She can turn straw into gold. There will be some deal involving Regina .

Comment by Name That Tune – March 8, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In the original story, the Miller’s daughter had to agree to marry the king. In order to spare her, Rumple gave her the ability to spin Gold from straw. But Rumple Wanted her First born child in return. Our Modern day screenwriters are making Cora much more power hungry,i so she is probably going to marry him and Rumple will aid her in some way.
    Very likely Regina will belong to Rumple either as part of a deal with Cora w as his daughter. Making her Rumple’s daughter Makes thestory

Comment by Name That Tune – March 8, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • makes the stony More interesting. The fifth in line may mean she is not the kings first Wife. Which means some plot to eliminate the others.With Rumple’s help “I can only give you darkness”

Comment by Name That Tune – March 8, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fine. Fine. All fine. When will they introduce Peter Pan and we find out how long Neal was in Never Land? And how he finally made it to the our world?

Comment by Deion – March 10, 2013 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post