Once Upon a Time Sneak Peeks: Rumple Clinches With Cora, Bids Belle an Emotional Farewell

ROSE MCGOWAN, ROBERT CARLYLEThis Sunday on Once Upon a Time, as Rumplestiltskin lay dying, the ABC drama will flash back to how he first met Cora — in turn offering context for that random smooch Regina’s mom planted on him a few weeks back! The Imp Now Known As Mr. Gold meanwhile will bid adieu to his other love, Belle.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Scoop on Rumplestiltskin and Belle’s Future

In this first clip from the next episode, “The Miller’s Daughter,” we get an idea of just how close Rumple and young Cora got during the course of her first, Ghost-like gold-spinning tutorial. Doesn’t guest star Rose McGowan (Charmed) look purty in her “Snow white” gown? (And how does she not get glitter on her lips?!)

Loading video...

VIDEO | Once Upon a Time: Watch the PaleyFest Panel, Plus Preview a Serious Showdown!

And here, Gold, relocated to Storybrooke after Hook’s assault, makes one last bid to let amnesic Belle know how much she meant to him. (Grab a Kleenex, Rumbelle fans.)

Loading video...

Want more scoop on Once Upon a Time, or any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Awww. I’m not a Rumbelle fan, but that made me sad.
    As for the first vid, I love that little giggle Rumps does after Cora says ‘snow white’. Rose McGowan looks like she was perfectly cast. Lookin’ forward to the rest of her scenes.

2. maki says:

I really missed Rose on the small screen. She is adorably mean. Seems like a great episode coming to us.

3. angela says:

Sunday cant come fast enough. I love this show and cant wait to watch this episode. Im not much of a shipper till this show. but im liking rumbelle. I cant wait to see how it all plays out. Im really looking forward to what is in store between emma and neal, luv there chemistry.

4. Kelly says:

As much as I LOVED Rose on Charmed, I’m underwhelmed by her here. She definitely looks the part but that’s about it for me.

• Mel says:

I loved Rose on Charmed too, and what the heck did she do to her face? I feel so sorry for these actresses. They have to constantly get nipped, tucked and Botoxed with good results NOT guaranteed!

5. Luke says:

Just to let you know that Rumpelstilskin is the correct way to spell the name. Rumpel, not Rumple.

• The show spells it ‘Rumple’. Both spellings are acceptable (within the fandom), though I myself prefer ‘Rumpel’.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Yep, I decided last season to go with and stick with “Rumple,” so…. Hopefully it doesn’t greatly confuse the reader!

• Luke says:

I think I will stick to the spelling of Rumpel, as the Grimm Brothers intended.

• xaverie says:

LOL So basically the incorrect version as well?

• Mike says:

I don’t recall the Grimm Brother ever shortening his name(I could be wrong), so it will be hard to know what they would consider his nickname, either can be correct. Rumple has always looked more correct to me, just because it is spelled “Rumpel” in his full name does not dictate the nickname, or else my nickname would Mich instead of Mike.

• Abby says:

It is Rumplestiltskin on the show. I like it that way too, because it makes it unique. Look at a picture of the dagger if you still question it.

• Mike says:

It is however a shame they spelled his name contradictory to how the grimm brothers intended.

• xaverie says:

You know that the Grimm Brothers didn’t invent the name, right? They actually CHANGED it from what it really was, so…

• Mike says:

Never heard that before, so I can’t argue it, to each his own.

• xaverie says:

Really? So you don’t actually know anything about the story you’re clinging to?

• Mike says:

I’ve read the story many times, and it is clearly spelled “Rumpelstiltskin”

• xaverie says:

Right. Rumpelstilzchen

• Name That Tune says:

And Rumple has afew other names. Hischaracter is partof thefolklore of other Cultures. He was known as Tom tit Tot in English folklore. So we Could call him Tom for short if we like. Not sure anyone would know who we are talking about though.

• Alice says:

Why they heck should they care about how the Grimm Brothers, who provided the German spelling, would have spelled it in the English version? I don’t think they intended Rumple to also be the Beast or for Red Riding Hood to actually BE the Big Bad Wolf- and yet the creators managed to get over it and write a cool story. How someone can watch the show and miss the point so completely is astonishing.

6. Kelly says:

I like Neal’s reaction to his dad having a girlfriend/true love. OMG how much do I love Rumple&Belle. That was really beautiful and nice parallel to belle making a deal for her people, to cora for power and how while he couldn’t believe it in skin deep, belle really does love him. Although they should of given gold privacy, love emma and neal there. they have great chemistry and nice reactions to the convo.

7. xaverie says:

Oh, I love Cora and Rumple. It’s nice to see him with an equal rather than young girls he can manipulate.

• Abby says:

Um how did he manipulate Belle? I’m pretty sure she was the one doing the chasing in Skin Deep. She has called the shots in their relationship more than Rumple has.

• xaverie says:

You mean like how he bought her in exchange for helping her people? Or how she is so brainwashed that she doesn’t believe the truth about him even when she hears it?

• Kelly says:

Yep. I have always felt that so far Belle has worn the pants in the relationship. Like she said you find something worth fighting for you never give up. Now it’s his turn.

• xaverie says:

Except that everything she believes about him is a lie because he keeps the truth from her.

• Josh says:

That’s the best point yet Xaverie….The problem is Rumple lies to Belle and even when she learns about it, she storms off in a huff and forgives him by episodes end. It makes her a very contradicting character. She’s tough one minute and then forgiving the next…It makes her seem dumb and gullible.

• Kath says:

When has he lied to her lately? The closest was when he didn’t jump right in and say, “Oh by the way, I killed my last wife,” but he copped to it when Hook spilled the beans. Rum/Gold has been deceiving and manipulating for centuries now, but he is trying to tell Belle the truth and be open with her, because he loves her.

• Kelly says:

She’s using him for power. She’s more interested in the dark one than Rumple.

• Patti says:

She’s not an equal. She is using him and manipulating him.It is about the power to Cora not him even back then. I will be glad that if it’s true she is killed off in this episode.

• Tony says:

I don’t think it’s fair to say manipulated, Belle had an out and chose to come back on many occasions.

• xaverie says:

Sure. But he still doesn’t tell her the truth. She asks what Hook did to his wife. He says ‘she died. that’s all that matters.’ It’s very clear he’s trying to manipulate her into believing that Hook killed Milah, when in fact Rumple killed Milah in cold blood. And his manipulation WORKS because she doesn’t believe the truth when it’s told to her.

• Pepper says:

He’s not manipulating her and she sees the good in him because there is good in him. She believes in him and her faith and love is bringing him back to his true self which is good. Dont you know anything about love and fairytales???

• Alice says:

He’s dealing with her post-Bae, which means everything is with his endgame of getting his son as his primary purpose. So he’s manipulating her the way he does everyone else.

8. Mike says:

I have never liked Rumbelle until that clip, still not a huge fan, but that was sweet.

9. Kelly says:

I am rooting for Rumple&Belle. I hope we don’t have to wait until next season for Belle to get her memory back.

10. BelleRumpleFan says:

OMGGG

That Rumbelle scene broke my heart!

11. Josh says:

I’m sort of bored of Rumple being the center of the fairytale universe. It’s time for this show to branch and move on because it fill it’s stuck….And scraping Regina’s redemption arc was one of the worst writing decisions ever.

• Pepper says:

I like Regina good as well. I am hoping it turns out she is going along with her mother just to be able to finally stop her. I dont think she trusts her. And i dont mind Rumple being at the center. And I love him and Belle. But if he and Regina turn good and there is a happy ending for them and snow etc, then they can move on to new stories and new villains.

12. Kath says:

I can’t believe they released that Rumbelle scene as a sneak peek. What could they possibly have in the rest of the episode to top it?

• Name That Tune says:

A “big death” we are told. The question is whose death? The most surprising twist would be the death of Rumple but not Gold. Transfer of the Dark One’s power from Gold to Cora.
      Wheh wouldallow the redemption of Gold to continue. I think we are about to see Rumple Make a big choice to heal therelationship with hisson.

13. onlyakb says:

so Rumple may actually make me cry this Sunday!!! damn great Robert!!

14. wassita says:

Can we give this man an Emmy yet?

15. Han Solo says:

could a goodbye kiss from a son to his dying father be “true loves kiss”? It breaks any curse I believe.

16. Debra mobley says:

Just don’t kill him off he and Regina. And.Cora is the reason the show is.worth watching

17. Lisa says:

Not sure if someone else saw this coming, too, but do you think Rumpelstilzchen might also be Regina’s father…?

18. jc says:

What is Cora/Rose saying at :47 into the clip… “Fifth in line to be queen. That won’t happen without a lot of bloodshed.” ? Couldn’t clearly understand it. But me thinks she is about to marry a prince, of whom either has multiple brothers, multiple uncles, or a combination of those two.. hence being ‘fifth,’ if that is indeed what she is saying. Clearly the relationship ends, as we see her husband in Regina’s flashbacks is not a prince/king. Part of me thinks that Snow’s mother will have something to do with it, as last week’s episode conveyed Cora’s hatred/vengeful nature, whatever you want to call it, towards Eva. And if not, I am itching to see how that rivalry began.

• Name That Tune says:

ABC has released the first 10 minutes of the episode. She can many the King’s son if She can turn straw into gold. There will be some deal involving Regina .

19. Name That Tune says:

In the original story, the Miller’s daughter had to agree to marry the king. In order to spare her, Rumple gave her the ability to spin Gold from straw. But Rumple Wanted her First born child in return. Our Modern day screenwriters are making Cora much more power hungry,i so she is probably going to marry him and Rumple will aid her in some way.
    Very likely Regina will belong to Rumple either as part of a deal with Cora w as his daughter. Making her Rumple’s daughter Makes thestory

• Name That Tune says:

makes the stony More interesting. The fifth in line may mean she is not the kings first Wife. Which means some plot to eliminate the others.With Rumple’s help “I can only give you darkness”

20. Deion says:

Fine. Fine. All fine. When will they introduce Peter Pan and we find out how long Neal was in Never Land? And how he finally made it to the our world?

21. whoah this blog is wonderful i like reading your articles.
    Keep up the great work! You recognize, a lot of people are searching round for this info, you could aid them
    greatly.

22. Hi my family member! I wish to say that this article is awesome, great written and come with approximately all
    significant infos. I would like to look more posts like this .