Five Scoops About Grimm's Sexy Winter Premiere

Get More: Previews

Photo credit: Jeff Katz PhotographyOnce upon a time, NBC left Grimm fans with a huge cliffhanger and nearly four months to stew about it. (At least the network had the good grace to apologize in advance.) This Friday (9/8c), the mystical drama’s sophomore season finally continues with an episode that offers a huge payoff for the fairytale faithful.

Silas Weir Mitchell told TVLine that the hiatus seemed interminable to members of the cast, too.

“Oh my god, it’s been forever,” he said, adding that he hopes Grimm‘s audience hasn’t gone into hiding like an eisbiber sensing a skirmish ahead.  “I love this job. I love the people I’m working with. I love the town we’re in… so let’s hope that people come and watch this Friday; I want to keep making these because I think it’s fun. It’s a cool, weird little show that I want to have its full life lived.”

RELATED | Exclusive: Grimm Hails to the Queen, Casts 24 Vet Shohreh Aghdashloo as Gypsy Royalty

The next day in that life picks up right where we left off in November, with Nick learning that Captain Renard is Juliette’s mystery man. Here, Mitchell and co-stars Bitsie Tulloch and Sasha Roiz preview the sexy and shocking surprises you can expect in “Face Off.”

SEX, PECS AND A SCHEMING EX-HEX(ENBIEST) | As you know from the promo, Juliette and Renard’s obsession with each other ignites some serious lip-locking – and we can report that lamps are broken, a gun is fired and shirts are ripped as part of the foreplay. “It’s almost like Grimm After Dark – you know, a racier version,” Roiz joked during a conference call with media. Tulloch added that neither Juliette nor her police-captain paramour are quite in their right minds. “This is not some slow burning love,” she said. “They can’t control the lust.” Before the hour is over, Adalind also gets her swerve on – and the pint-sized blonde is even freakier (and cunning) than you might’ve imagined.

ROSALEE IS BACK! | Now that Bree Turner’s real-life maternity leave is over, her fuchsbau rolls back into town – just in time to drop some significant knowledge that affects the outcome of the episode. (When Ms. Calvert hones in on an unexpected side effect of Juliette’s magical coma, it prompts Nick to sigh, “Does anything not end in death?”) And as you might guess, Monroe’s pretty happy to see her. Their reunion “goes probably better than Monroe thinks it might,” said Mitchell.

HANK AND WU | Wu shows up when the Portland PD is called to two crime scenes, both of which have ties to Nick. Elsewhere, Hank sets foot in the station for the first time since Adalind had him pummeled in the previous episode.

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on GrimmGood Wife, Covert Affairs, Being Human and More

THE ODD COUPLE | Nick has moved out of his home and is living with Monroe. “He basically just needs a place to stay while this craziness figures itself out,” Mitchell explained. And while the Grimm is licking his wounds at his pal’s place, Monroe sees his main job as keeping Nick from doing something really stupid to his boss. “It’s like a love triangle, and I’m kind of in the middle of the triangle,” the actor added. “So it’s like a love prism. It’s a love triangle with four points. It’s a love hexahedron. And [Monroe doesn't] really know how to handle it, which is fun.”

Grimm - Season 2NICK’S MISSION | But no matter how much his best friend implores him not to, Nick is determined to take down the man who’s nabbed Juliette’s heart (and other areas). A giant fight in the woods ensues, featuring an even bigger – and series-changing — development that takes place between blows. For the record, Roiz approves of the whole thing. “I’m really glad that we had a chance to finally confront each other, because I think it’s something the fans had been waiting for for a long time — and we, as characters and actors, had been waiting for, as well,” he said. Also important: The key (which, you’ll recall, promises its owner world domination) is in two different people’s possession over the course of the hour.

What reveals do you hope to see in Grimm‘s midseason premiere?

Comments (25)

• We are not in hiding! Yes, it has seemed like forever but I CANNOT wait for the show to be back! I can’t imagine any fans walking away.

Comment by Deena – March 7, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • after a 4 month break i can’t remember if juliette is still under adlind’s spell or whatever and if renard knows if nick is a GRIMM….. anyhow i’ll be watching 2marrow night for sure finally it’s back!

Comment by A – March 7, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not back until the 25th

Comment by Kylie – March 8, 2013 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oops sorry mixed that up with Revolution

Comment by Kylie – March 8, 2013 03:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope people come back, too. I honestly couldn’t remember much what I was so upset about having to wait to find out last Nov. It’s been a long time! I had to watch the last episode to remind me what happened. I will watch tomorrow night and I hope people remember it’s back also. Such a long hiatus is not good since some people might think it got cancelled. In any case, excited to see what happens tomorrow night!

Comment by SK – March 7, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be rewatching the last episode on hulu in preparation. can’t wait to have grimm back!

Comment by murley – March 7, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I keep the last episode on DVR,with a do not erase!! I’ll watch daytime tomorrow to refresh memory. So glad its back!!!

Comment by cookie – March 7, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES SO HAPPY IT’S BACK SOUNDS AWESOME

Comment by Nick – March 7, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HUZZAH! I could not be more excited for this thing to be back. Honesty time – For a show I thought sounded kinda dumb and your basic Friday night filler, I have a deep and abiding affection for every single one of the characters, and most of the guest stars we’ve seen so far. Love.

Comment by @heather_kaye – March 7, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My question is and maybe this isn’t the right forum but NBC is infamous for this. Same thing happened for “Revolution” a long hiatus as well. I LOVE Grimm so I will be watching..BUT not sure CBS nor ABC do this for that long a time period..OH well I am soooooooo looking forward to this series again..

Comment by Rita – March 7, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For the record, the key doesn’t promise its owner world domination. It’s one of *seven* keys; presumably, one needs all seven keys to get at the super-dooper-uber-cool stash of treasure, which (ostensibly) contains an artifact that would allow the Seven Ruling Families to control the world. Obviously, the seven knights were getting their self-storage strategies from Martha Jones on Doctor Who – see the episode “The Last of the Time Lords”.

Seriously, though, if this supposed artifact is so dangerous and powerful, why lock it up? Why not melt it down in the Fires of Mount Doom or whatever? Or, if that’s not possible, why not melt down one of the keys, thereby making it impossible to obtain? Obviously, someone didn’t think this scenario through properly! ;-)

Comment by Dreamrose – March 7, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I. CANNOT. WAIT!!!! The twitters have come to life over the last week and that is wonderful to see.
    My husband and I will be there to watch everything unfold and I am fairly sure I will be enjoying every moment of it. I’m especially excited over whatever it is that Sasha approves of, since I am assuming that it pertains to what comes out during the fight.
    So excited. #TeamRenard all the way!

Comment by Shannon – March 7, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope NBC never separates a show mid-season for that long a duration again. I love GRIMM but I wish they would get back to the royal story arc – so we can meet more of the royal families (seven in all?) and I would like to see Momma Grimm return to Portland. As far as Juliette is concerned, I am disappointed that the showrunners and writers have not used her expertise as a vet more on the Grimm side of the action. Juliette could be building a database of Grimm species info for Nick, learning about how the potions in the shop interact with different species, etc. I hope they do something more with Juliette then just make her a pawn in a creepy lust spell.

Comment by TVDIVA – March 7, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ooooooh, REALLY good ideas for Juliette! Especially if they keep her character with Nick. Personally though I’d kind of like to see Nick as a free agent and able to expend some post-breakup angst on some of the tastier Grimm species (dragon-girl anyone??)…..

Comment by Huskygrl – March 7, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I hope the creepy lust spell breaks, she gets back with Nick and he tells her that he’s a Grimm and about all the creepy monsters and she can help Monroe identify monsters.

Comment by Jillian – March 7, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally! so happy that Rosalee’s back too!

Comment by Bre – March 7, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait!

Comment by Marie – March 7, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh PLEASE let the revealation be that Nick and Sean are half-brothers through the their father! That would make my life oh so happy…

Comment by Jennifer – March 7, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG that would be amazing!!! That would be a fantastic storyline that could go so many places!!!

Comment by Ovaltine Jenkins – March 8, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A “series-changing” development? Please tell me NBC is not stupid enough to “evict” Sasha Roiz’s Captain Renard. I don’t see how he and Nick can work together after all the the animosity, but perhaps both needing to keep their true natures secret from humans will allow Renard to stay. Also, I really hope this whole experience will change Juliette’s nature enough to make her more interesting.

Comment by arial2 – March 7, 2013 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING IT!

Comment by Fred V – March 7, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bout Time!!

Comment by E – March 8, 2013 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love, love, love this show. My kids have asked my every Friday if tonight’s the night Grimm comes back on. My youngest looked at me this morning and said “You know what tonight is?” I’m waiting completely impatiently.

“series changing development” is making me wonder. I have never thought that Renard was “with” his family – he definately has his own agenda. Maybe we will find that out tonight.

OOOOOOOH. I can’t wait!

Comment by Dijea (@Dijea) – March 8, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love monroe!

Comment by Lory – April 3, 2013 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • esta obsesion entre el caapitan renard y juliette es interesante…..adioos.

Comment by patty – May 18, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post