Mad Men Season 6 Gets Premiere Date — Plus: Check Out the Groovy New Cast Photos

The adventures of Mad Men ad man Don Draper will resume on Sunday, April 7, AMC has announced.

What’s more, Season 6 will kick off with a two-hour premiere starting at 9/8c (as did last year’s run). The acclaimed drama will return to its 10 pm slot the following week.

RELATED | Mad Men Creator Matt Weiner Hints at [Spoiler]‘s Exit

What all we do know about the coming season? Well, in addition to what series creator Matt Weiner shared here (including about Peggy’s future) and here, Don and a certain female are heading to Hawaii (see photo); the show was casting several attractive 20- and 3o-somethings plus a pair of British gentleman in their 50s.

Those looking to catch up on/revisit Season 5 can do so via AMC On Demand, which starting Feb. 11 will roll out a new episode each week. Or, AMC is re-airing Season 5 on Sundays at 6 am, starting March 5.

UPDATE: Check out these brand-new B&W photos touting the new season. Betty throwing shade at Don’s No. 2! Pete’s sideburns! I can’t.

Tags: ,

Comments (26)

• Can’t wait.

Comment by Dick Whitman – January 23, 2013 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate this show, can’t wait til they get rid of it. No characters to root for or even care about. Much over rated in my book

Comment by intelliwoman – January 23, 2013 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you for getting that off your chest. A new season of “Real Housewives” is probably right around the corner.

Comment by Lauren – January 23, 2013 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I understand people who don’t like the show, but I would find it hard for anyone not to at least root for Joan.

Comment by erin – January 23, 2013 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When you see the title of a show you hate in the headline why do you click on the article much less leave a comment? You aren’t the only one, I see it all the time.

Comment by Jon – January 23, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Some people like to be contrarians. It’s the only way they can get attention. Sad, really.

Comment by TV Gord – January 23, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on save it for the commercial break and commented:
    All is right with the world. Marking my calender – April 7th!

Comment by Funmi Sunmonu – January 23, 2013 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo-Hoo!!! Mad Men!!! Can’t wait!!!

Comment by Eric – January 23, 2013 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait!

Comment by Emily – January 23, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just please let there be less Megan. She’s not an interesting character no matter how much Matthew Weiner has a crush on her.

Comment by cat – January 23, 2013 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Megan! MORE MEGAN!!!

Comment by TV Gord – January 23, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Is that you, Ausiello?

Comment by Alex – January 23, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m allergic to Smurfs. :-)

Comment by TV Gord – January 23, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree more with you cat!

Comment by sophie – January 23, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He does have a crush on her. He totally does. You can just tell it from listening to the DVD commentaries.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 23, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any knowledge on when Season 5 will be on Netflix? I just watched seasons 1-4 for the first time last month so I don’t know what their release pattern is :)

Comment by Justine – January 23, 2013 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They tend to release the previous season the same week that the new season begins, or right after. I know they have done that with Mad Men and Breaking Bad in the past, both AMC shows.

Comment by SarahFW – January 23, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks Sarah! Looks like I’ll be catching the AMC reruns then instead! :)

Comment by Justine – January 23, 2013 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yesss

Comment by Teag – January 23, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Betty as beautiful as ever just put a smile on my face.. please more from the one and only real Mrs. Draper!

Comment by sophie – January 23, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • April?? That’s too long to wait! Last year they had the premiere on my birthday in March. I was so excited about that. Was hoping for a repeat this year. And agreed on those sideburns on Pete…egad. But the pictures are really beautiful. They really caught that vintage photograph look.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 23, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was very happy with season 5. But what is happiness? It’s a moment before you need more happiness. I won’t settle for 50% of any anything, I want 100%.

Mad Men – season 6 – 4.7.13

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – January 23, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Neon Disease.

Comment by amycorvus – January 23, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peggy

Comment by John Grose – January 23, 2013 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like this show.

Comment by Christian – January 26, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess we get a new Bobby Draper this season again? It is definitely now the Mad Men tradition.

Comment by Andyhartley – January 27, 2013 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post