Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Get Scoop on Criminal Minds, Good Wife, Horror Story, Once, NCIS and More

InsideLine_0117_DWWhy did Criminal Minds do it? What does Horror Story‘s final chapter look like? Will Once Upon a Time‘s Emma find herself embroiled in a fairytale romance? Will a Castle couple reconnect? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

Criminal Minds | SPOILER AHEAD! This is what my emailbox looked like this morning: A huge stack of “Is Reid’s girlfriend really dead?!” I for one didn’t think that was in doubt, and it isn’t — and here’s the tale behind the tragic twist. “We pitched a story where we’d introduce a unique love interest for Dr. Reid and it would end in tragedy,” showrunner Erica Messer explains. And make no mistake, the dark wrinkle had Matthew Gray Gubler’s blessing. “Matthew agreed the only way to tell this story was if she died in the saddest way possible,” Messer says. And while Maeve’s murder — in front of the beau she’d only just set eyes on — abruptly ended this week’s hour, Reid’s reaction/mourning “will be the emotional anchor of episode 813 and it’s the arc for Reid’s character for the rest of the season.”

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line Has Scoop on a Criminal Minds Wedding and More

American Horror Story: Asylum | We’re still upset that Lana Winters turned into a bit of a B-word in this week’s episode, but the way Sarah Paulson teases next Wednesday’s season finale, we’ll forgive. “It’s really outrageous and amazing,” she says — and boasting a bunch more Sarah Paulson than Season 1’s climax. “I was barely in it last year, so it’s very different,” she notes. With Johnny Morgan aka Bloody Face Jr. angling to meet his mama here in 2013, “It’s a very emotional journey, and my character goes through a very tremendous amount of dark stuff,” Paulson says. As for how things turn out for the inmate-turned-real crime auteur, Paulson will only say, “It’s pretty spectacular what the writers did…. I think people will be pleased.”

RELATED | TVLine’s Mixtape Has Your Favorite Songs from Horror Story and Other Shows

The Good Wife | Not to give everyone one of you reading this a big head, but you are to credit for Kalinda’s husband Nick being nipped in the bud. As Archie Panjabi shared at the Golden Globes, “To get the reaction that [the storyline] got and to see the passion from so many journalists and the fans was just astounding. And because of that, they changed things. You realize how powerful the press, the public are.” The lack of love for Nick also touched Panjabi as an actress. “I actually feel honored to think that many people care about Kalinda and are so protective of her — three years in!”

New Girl | A new casting call reveals that Jess will look to “tackle” romance with a bona fide athlete. The Fox comedy is filling the guest-starring role of a large, handsome linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers who is game to huddle with the adorkable one when they meet through Winston. Alas, Jess’ flirtation with the jock will be cut short when he walks in on her using a _____. (Fill in the blank via comments! Love me some Match Game.)

And now, from the reader mailbag….

Do you have an Esplanie scoop for us Castle fans? –Marine
Jon Huertas has plenty to say about Kelly Hu’s imminent drop-by, which I’m saving for Monday. For now, I’ll relay his belief that it’s Lanie “who needs to put up or shut up” in that off-and-on relationship. “She’s the one who pushed Esposito away, when the whole marriage conversation came up, and she’s the one who’s all about the booty call and keeping it not so serious,” he noted. “So it’s her that needs to put up or shut up.” And if she did? “Esposito would probably say, ‘I’m down with that.'” Looking beyond Hu’s Monday visit, Huervas shared this: “There’s some stuff coming up with Lanie, that we’ll see in a different episode.”

RELATED | Castle Exclusive: Dylan Walsh Cops Major Role in February Sweeps Two-Parter

I have tried to find out the identity of an unacknowledged actress on Castle. She was mentioned once as “Officer Johnson,” she has been in the background in most of the squad room shots, she originally had short red hair and is now a blond, and she seems to be their “go to” for reaction shots. –Susan
I love a good mystery as much as Rick himself, so I did some gumshoe detective work (meaning: sent a few emails) and came up with a prime suspect: Soaps vet Schae Harrison!

I’d love to know what’s in store for Chicago Fire‘s Casey. Between breaking up with Hallie, his family problems and a possible romance with a confused Dawson, he has a lot on his plate. –Carol
Consider that plate full for the near future, seeing as Casey’s “friendship” with Dawson will be compromised after she crosses a line by confronting someone from his recent past.

Any word on who might be playing McGee’s father on NCIS? That episode has been mentioned taking place in February. — Jeannie
There’s no casting news yet, and here’s why. “That episode is definitely happening — we are working on the script right now — but we pushed it to a bit later,” show boss Gary Glasberg told me just the other day. “It will probably happen in the spring, and it will be part of what leads us into our final arc.”

PHOTOS | Once Upon a Time‘s Rumplestiltskin Terrifies Belle, and [Spoiler]‘s Brother Shows Up

Now that Once Upon a Time‘s Hook is out in the open, will we get to see him interact with the other residents of Storybrooke? –Stefanie
You mean, presuming he survived getting mowed down by The Outsider, right? (Of course he lives.) Well, to perhaps – perhaps! – answer your question, I’ll offer up this scooplet. “Emma’s love life is going to get really complicated,” series cocreator Adam Horowitz told me last week. In fact, across Storybrooke at large, he said, “The permutations of romance will continue to turn as we move forward.”

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around! (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. sara says:

Oh dear GOD can we stop throwing dudes at Emma? Let her get used to her freaking new life.

2. Mari says:

lol great detective work on finding out who Officer Johnson is!

3. Jaz says:

You mean Emmas life isnt already complicated enough?! LOL right ok. Looking forward to it but the person she shouldve gotten together with was GRAHAM!!

Back to NCIS… that leads into the final arc…?????? What about the whole Mossad killing director/Jackie Vance thing?! We still havent found that guy!! Oh and what does Gibbs basement building have to do with the final arc?? He better not be building another coffin!

• Stacey says:

Maybe Gibbs is building a new double bed for Tony LOL. I have no idea what he’s building. It looks big. Likely not a boat. Maybe a house? I think they said McGee’s father is part of what leads to the final arc. Likely to do with Mossad. Since we all know that will be coming back. I am curious. I am willing to let them take their time. They have been so great with casting of the parental, family members and from the looks of it; young Abby. I am curious who they will get for his father.

• Q says:

Pierce Brosnan, his Irish just like McGees character roots.
        And Meryl Streep McGees mother.
        Pierce like admiral and Meryl like…real movie star.
        That’s will be rock Tony’s live hahaha ;-)

• janette says:

gibbs a great actor. mcgee needs to get with abby, and they be a good team, tonys in his world of movies. and my pet rat terrier is nammed mcgee.

4. mresrv says:

UGH The more I see the sexual harassment that Hook does to women, more I am disgusted to think of a relationship between Hook and Emma.
    I hope Emma has the decency to keep Henry away from him!

5. Andy says:

Yes Hooray for more Hook and Emma.

6. Lauren says:

I love Hook and Emma, I absolutely love them. Could not be more happy.

7. Blue Sunflower says:

I think it’s ridiculous all the Criminal Minds people thought it a great idea to tread over ground that’s already been stomped to death. Literally. Can’t describe how disappointed I am in this decision. I’ve lost quite a bit of my fan glow and viewership loyalty after that.

• LizLong says:

I’m with you. We’d seen the tragedy of Hotch’s ex-wife being murdered and I’m wary of how Reid will react in coming episodes because he already went through tough spots with getting addicted to drugs in Season 2(3?) and with his mother and backstory. I’m really disappointed that they did that to his character and can’t say I’m terribly interested in his arc of moving on past Maeve. As much as I love Reid – perhaps BECAUSE I love Reid – I don’t want to see him depressed the rest of the season.

• Meem says:

The fact that you don’t know how Reid will react is probably exactly why they did this. Reid has been put at a crossroad. What does he do now? There are a myriad of totally believable possibilities. That’s the stuff of great drama.

• LizLong says:

They’re trying to fit too much into the season arc, IMO. They’ve already got the big bad stalker after the team – I want to see more of that. Not Reid’s inner demons struggling to mend his broken heart. I know that’s a personal thing, but I can’t help but be disappointed at how they ended the episode.

• Blue Sunflower says:

Um. We’ve seen Reid react. He’s done this same basic storyline three times now. Seasons 2, 4, and 6. If they wanted to get more into detail, then they should have done it with the Prentiss arc.

Because oh look (insert sarcastic voice here), now we get to talk about Reid’s depression, Reid’s drug history, Reid’s fears of losing it, Reid contemplating his job….AGAIN.

That’s not great drama. That’s fear of doing something new.

• Meem says:

Stomped to death, you say? I’m sorry, I must have missed the shows where the hero falls in love with a girl he’s never seen, then has to tell her he DOESN’T love her the second he lays eyes on her, only to lose her moments later. Can you point me to all the other shows that have done this?

• Blue Sunflower says:

Gee, Meem! When you narrow the focus down to such a myopic – and completely irrevelent – level I can *totally* see how I’m wrong in stating this whole angle has been done to death beyond even normal acceptable levels! Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways! /rolls eyes

• Lu says:

,Always have the feeling that Reid is going to end up as crazy as his mum, Never wanted to believe it but after this… I mean poor guy, his been tortured, became and addict,got anthrax an shot, and now the love of his life is dead in the worst way you can think so. What’s next? This is a mess and I don’t know how the writers are going to pull this off.
      I love Reid and this is so sad! But I thought this was one of the best episodes in a long time and MGG rocked it!

• cas says:

Totally agree. I don’t see why they just couldn’t have Reid be happy. I mean that team has been through some crazy stuff and I get that is what the show is about, but I feel it was really unnecessary to embark on this adventure. I would have preferred they just leave the Reid love story arc out of the season.

• Rain says:

Up until now I actually really liked Reid’s love story because it was unique and totally fit who he is. Then they killed her and ruined it all. I know it’s a dark show but having one of them be even a little happy for a change wouldn’t be so terrible and would have actually been something different for the show! I’m sure there are profilers out there in the real world that actually have families and happy lives along with such a dark and depressing job – it wouldn’t kill the show to portray that on occasion.

• Judy Hummel says:

I thought this was unnecessary. The show is dark but this was senseless. It will be the last episode of this show for me.

8. Daniela says:

It’s good to know that we never ever have to deal with Kalinda’s husband on THE GOOD WIFE again. As much as I like the actor who played him and adored him on HUSTLE, it’s just better that this chapter is closed.

• Saint Alicia says:

I’m glad we don’t have to see him as well, but I hope they don’t just sweep everything under the rug. We should at least learn (down the line) what became of him. Did Kalinda really off him, and if not how did she get him to disappear. The writers should try to salvage something from that wreck of a storyline–once they’ve actually plotted something cogent. *ahem*

• Sheila says:

Marc Warren gets savagely murdered an awful lot. He might be on a Sean Bean level of character deaths throughout his career.

9. Larry says:

Seriously, if it wasn’t for the remarkable cast of Criminal Minds I would had given up on the show forever! I can’t believe I sat through an hour waiting for Maeve’s rescue to give Reid, my favorite character, a chance of love and then see how it turned out. I’m very upset and wondered WHY am I putting myself through this. I really really want to give up on this show. THis and the episode where teens were getting killed in a video game scenario have really made me rethink about making this “must see” television every week. There is no way CBS can understand how upsetting this episode was to the fans!!

• Meem says:

Speak for yourself. I’m a fan and I LOVED this episode. It provides SO MUCH dramatic opportunity for Reid. Frankly, I’d grown sick of all the “Reid, you stay here” episodes since season 5. I’m thrilled that Reid is central to the storyline again at long last. You do know that he’s not real, right? Just enjoy the drama.

• Larry says:

I speak for myself -but laughing at YOU for even scolding me for doing so. I used the term generally about this upsetting fans because I suspect others do -NOT you, I see, And thanks so much for insulting my intelligence. You don’t have any idea who I am. Yet you portrayed me as someone who doesn’t know these are fictional characters. Let people have a voice and learn not insult people. But since some people like to have the last word……

• Suncatcher says:

Meem, it takes the same amount of acting skills to be in a happy relationship just surviving the day to day dramas served up by life. I think many of us would have been much happier with Criminal Minds had they allowed Reid to save his girlfriend and then see what grew from there. Instead they knocked her off – as they frequently do – and moved on leaving Reid once again on the sidelines of this show. I’m with most here. Criminal Minds does not know how badly this episode may have impacted its fans going forward. MGG has a huge following.
        PS – Larry and I DO know that Reid is only a fictional character – and the rest of the cast too. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Kim R says:

Can’t anyone just have a happy ending? :) What would have been the harm to have Reid have a girlfriend? I think THAT would have opened up some very interesting things for him that he hasn’t encountered in such a way before. Why not go down the “happy” road on an otherwise dark show? And I’m not sure why some were confused by the ending. It seemed pretty plain to me.

10. Nicole says:

Bring back Matt Czuchry!! Give him a storyline for the love of all things Good Wife!!

• Cindy says:

^^^THIS!!!

• Saint Alicia says:

Hear, hear!
      People’s complaining brought back Kalinda and Alicia’s friendship and got rid of Nick, maybe it can conjure up a storyline for Matt (not holding my breath).

• Lucy says:

I’m not holding my breath me too. And it’s unlikely going to happen. They were so busy pleasing that part of the fandom that once again they ended up ruining Cary’s storyline. He had nothing to do that season and Robert King assured us that they would have done more with him, that they wanted to expose a new side of thim and that we would have met essential parts of Cary’s family (yeah they used the plural). Lies. And even if Kalinda’s storyline was an epic fail and they wasted 10 episodes for this we’re still just talking about Kalinda and she’s the only character that matters. Let’s forget about Cary being reduced to a background character. Let’s forget about him being beaten up and nobody caring about it. And let’s forget that there’s not a single spoiler about Cary finally getting a storyline. Archie is happy. So we are supposed to be happy too.

• Dee says:

You said it all! We miss Matt! Give him a storyline of his own for once.

• Pat says:

They never listened that part of the fandom so I doubt they’ll do it now. For the 2nd time they’ve screwed up Cary’s storyline because Kalinda: last year it was because Dana, this year it was because Nick. And for the 2nd time the only thing they’ll care about will be Kalinda and how to give her kick ass material to make up for the mess that was the Nick storyline. Meanwhile Cary can die in the background with no storyline, no court and no screentime for what they care.

11. Rachel says:

Wooooop! so excited for Emma & Hook~ hopefully the fact that their own flaws in each other’s and at the same time see through each other’s defense mechanism (his promiscuous sexuality and her masculine armor) will serve for the blossoming of a truly epic ‘new’ love fairytale~ its got all the making for it! Captain Swan all the way man <3 i seriously see no one better suited for each other than those two. Because no one's perfect. And i don't think either of them will ever be, but the least you can do to earn someone's love is TRY to be a better person and that's what i think emma recognizes in killian, and he in turn recognizes that she is also broken, and although doesnt NEED to be taken care of, i believe in a future relationship he just might simply want to care for and after her~ because she she is worth of love.

Anyway, that's enough gushyness out of me. Looking forward to it!

• red says:

I think you’ll be disappointed.

• Jude says:

Let the fans have their enjoyment. It’s not like it is her saying crap towards you. It is you and you alone. To the left hater.

• skidjit says:

Oh I love how you put that.. “Captain Swan.” I’ve always said that Emma seems to masculine and feels like she does not need a man. Still, what you said sounds much better than Emma Hook. I do hope these two get together. They are like two peas in a pod.

12. Lindsay says:

Captain Swan feels are all over the place. First the new preview and now this. :D

13. Jess is using a strap-on with Schmidt.
    Schmidt loves a good pegging

14. Andrea says:

I am sooo happy that the Kings put an end to that dreadful storyline involving Nick and Kalinda. I do love Archie Panjabi’s Kalinda, very much in fact, but there is no way that abuse under the guise of “love” should ever be OK. Kalinda should never put up with that, and neither should anyone else, be they male or female.

15. Lisa says:

This was one of the worst decisions the writers of Criminal Minds! We are considering not watching the show again. Why could she not live? She should have lived. Sad when the outcome is always so predictable.

• Blue Sunflower says:

I know. I didn’t bother to watch it when it was live, and already I’m not feeling it enough to watch the ION episodes – which every other night I’ve been completely addicted to.

Time to find a new fandom I guess. Except Leverage was canceled as well. :/

• tp says:

I stopped watching half way through last season. I started having nightmares. It was dark and getting darker. Very few happy scenes and endings. As much as I loved looking at Shemar Moore on my tv every week, I had to let go. Now I just look at him on Instagram. lol.

16. I smell a love triangle Hook-Emma-Neal. Like in the cheap soap operas.,I do not see anything special in Hook. Unless he hit innocent women, and use sexual harassment as a cheap seducer

17. VI says:

Cannot believe what they did on Criminal Minds last night. Positively hated what they did to Reid.

18. Meem says:

Honestly can’t believe all the anger over Criminal Minds! IT’S CRIMINAL MINDS, people! It’s dark and sinister and sad. It’s not “Happily Ever After,” not now, not ever. Especially for Reid, who has always been the show’s tragic hero. As long as he isn’t recovered in one episode, I’m TOTALLY down with this development–for the way it will change Reid, the way it will change the way the team sees Reid, change Reid’s relationship with his teammates. I can’t wait to see what’s next. I haven’t said THAT about this show since probably season 4.

• anon123 says:

JJ is married and Hotch’s relationship with Beth is doing well. If anyone deserves to be tortured, it’s JJ (Jennifer has been my favorite character since season 2, btw). She’s been handed a happy ending after a happy ending. Her life has never been in mortal danger (even in Hit and Run she got off easy). Writers’ need to get off Reid’s back and use another piggy for slaughter!!

• Blue Sunflower says:

Actually, they should have given this arc to Morgan. It would have worked a lot better if it’d happened to his stalked cousin for instance.

19. bigby_wolf says:

Geez, after this weeks stellar cliffhanger and all the other options that were brought up we get yet another question about Emma’s love life? Come on! Who are these people sending in the same questions over and over? Now that the dwarves brought it up are we going to see more about going back to their land? Is it going to cause more tension between Snow & Charming? What’s Belle’s future in Storybrooke look like now? What does the stranger bring to Storybrooke? What drama is he going to cause? What factor does Emma play in helping Rumple find Baelfire? Cora and Regina? I mean there are so many more interesting questions to ask an we’re hearing about a who’s hooking up with Emma every week.

• Danyelle says:

I’d also like some news on Snowing too, but if Matt spoke to the writer last week as he says, all that hadn’t aired yet so those kind of questions didn’t “exist” yet, lol.

20. Vcoolwater says:

Ugh I don’t understand media obession with hook/Emma. I think it because the character “hot”, it okay for him to treat women badly. I bet if they cast with less attractive actor, people would be disgusted by him.

21. Can’t waint to hear more about McGee’s father, Thanks for the update.

22. Mary Kleinsmith says:

I love NCIS, but TPTB are jerks for doing this to the McGee fans. We get maybe ONE Tim episode per year, and they’re going to make us wait for it until nearly the end of the season after promising it for February sweeps? It’s crap, too, because they had more than enough time to do the Abby History episode and cast a little girl to play her. If they can do that, they damn well could have found somebody to play Admiral McGee and filmed the episode in time for February sweeps. I hope they see this, because they need to know what jerks they are being.

• Saint Alicia says:

Well if you want to do really well during sweeps a McGee episode is not exactly the way to go… just saying.

• kris says:

Agreed! McGee always gets swept aside. I would also like to have a word with his hair stylist. Really!??? Are they purposely trying to make him look like a dope?

• Mary Kleinsmith says:

Agreed. He’s had some great hairstyles, with my favorite being season 7, but this one is just not the best look for him. At least they lightened it a little from last year, when it was too dark for his skin tone.

• Mel says:

I love McGee too. I could be wrong, but the way I intrepret the spoiler is that McGee (&McDad) will be involved in the final arc & maybe that is why it was pushed forward ….closer to the finale…maybe for continuity? I agree it is frustrating to wait longer for the eps, but I do think we are past due for a McGee-centered finale. However, I am also surprised that they haven’t cast the part yet. The ep has been planned for so long you would think a few names would have come up by now.

23. Chicago Fire Fan says:

It’s so great to get some scoop on Chicago Fire, especially since we won’t see new episodes for a couple of weeks. I can’t wait to see how this plays out. Thanks Matt!

24. RRK says:

Loved the OUAT and Chicago Fire scoop!! Gotta say I love the idea of Hook and Emma together. And definitely love Casey and Dawson :)

25. Josh says:

It is amazing the people who want Emma with that piece of garbage after the way he treated Belle! Hook sucks and he is a piece of …. like someone else said it cause hes hot to women shame on people who want Emma with someone who shot someone in the back its disgusting

26. Lorena says:

Love me Hook and Emma haters to the left and these people need to get a proper education. Hook is not sexually harassing Emma. It’s called flirting, God go get a proper education you 12 year olds.

• Vcoolwater says:

Well that type of flirting is digesting and demeaning. He treat women like toys and object that he wants to have sex with. Plus do you want Henry around him? I think some people forget that Emma is a mother and needs to find a good guy who treat her son well. If Emma want to be with Hook, she might as well give him back to Regina. Please don’t insult me just because I don’t like Hook

• Lorena says:

Well then please don’t properly misuse the terms that are actually quite offensive to some people it has happened to. You’re not painting yourself in a good light here.

• Vcoolater says:

Well I disagree with you.. I find Hook words to be disgusting and demeaning. Talking about he like women on their backs etc. You don’t have problem with it, that is fine with me. You can disagree with me. However I do not apperciate you calling other people names and treating them like crap. Calling people stupid and saying they don’t have a proper education. Accusing me of being a bad person. Who are you to judge me or others. That why I am annoyed at your post. I have not said anyting to any other Hook/Emma shippers.

• love22 says:

Agree!!! The more I think about it the more I think about Henry.
        And it worries me enough that Emma, being a mother, feel attracted to someone, who always speaks to her with sexual innuendo.

• Paula says:

I think you just proved that you’re the only 12 year old around here.

• Jude says:

Not really no, she’s just speaking her mind on how she feels about the subject. It’s not like she’s saying words with ‘!1!1′. Now that’s the proper grammar of a 12 year old.

27. Natalie says:

Hey, thanks for the NCIS, “Criminal Minds” and “New Girl” scoop, Matt.
    Looking forward to seeing exactly how McGee’s father visiting plays into the finale.
    Also, thanks for scoop on one of my favorite TV “families” besides the ones on NCIS and “The Mentalist”: “Criminal Minds”. Reid is a great character played by a great, multi-talented actor and I know he’s very popular. So I can kinda understand how, though it is good dramatic fodder, people can be sad to see him suffer this loss – because they like him so much and would like for him to have a little happiness. I am looking forward to seeing where this leads to for his character, etc., though.
    Also, thanks for that tidbit on Kalinda. It’s nice to know that the people behind the show actually listen and care. And it’s also great that Archie could see that it was motivated by people thinking Kalinda deserved way better. Because she does.

As always, stay awesome, Matt. :)

28. Noel says:

I love Chicago Fire!! I want Casey and Dawson together!

29. Britta Unfiltered says:

I think it’s kind of lame The Good Wife bowed down to the fans and changed things based on what the fans wanted. That seems like selling out to me. Writers should be able to creatively do whatever they want with their vision of the plot and characters. I know I complain plenty when a show I like isn’t going the way I want it to (Hello Megan on Mad Men), but I would never in a million years expect a writer to change what they were doing just because I and others said it wasn’t working. It’s the writer’s story to tell, not ours. It shouldn’t be Choose-Your-Own-Adventure storytelling. That’s not how art works. And yes, I do think television can often be art when they get out of the traditional sit-com and procedural box.

• Christina says:

THANK YOU! I am really tired of writers caving to viewer demands instead of focusing on decent storytelling. I admit I hated the Kalinda/Nick arc but honestly, I hated the rushed and therefore poorly executed ending to their story even more.

30. JBC says:

Criminal Minds is not a must see anymore, too dark for me lately, but I was intrigued by the Reid and girlfriend storyline. I was disappointed at how this ended for Reid and Maeve (the lovely Beth Riesgraf from Leverage). I totally understand that the team solves some pretty gruesome cases, but can’t their own characters have at least semi normal lives. Hotch’s wife was murdered by an “unsub” and now we see Reid will be going through depression again as his gf was murdered by a pyscho.
    . I would have liked to see insecure genius Reid in a relationship for at least a few episodes. This would have made it fresh and interesting. Depression has been done before.

31. jess says:

I seriously can’t wait for the “McDad” episode! On the last few things I’ve read about it, Brent Spiner and John M. Jackson’s names were being thrown around for the possible part. I personally think Spiner would be amazing in the role!
    As for Chicago Fire, I’m not that big of a fan of Dawson/Casey. They both have too much on their plates right now, and both just seem really distracted. Anyways, Dawson is with Mills right now, and I’d hate to see her break his heart because he has the puppy dog eyes that might make some fan, including myself, melt.

• Bouncy Castle says:

Since John M. Jackson played Admiral Chegwidden in JAG, and Sean Murray played Chegwidden’s girlfriend’s son in JAG, I doubt he would be cast. Great pity, as he’s a very good actor. We need more John M. on our screens.

32. Lucy says:

Too bad that to change and “care” about Kalinda’s character they also ruined Cary’s storyline this year. He’s once again invisible and has no storyline this year. I suppose it means that writers and fans don’t care about him.

33. Patrick Maloney says:

I was totally losing interest in Criminal Minds after the Pretniss stuff, but thus totally got me back into the show

34. Zooey says:

OMG I really hate Dawson from Chicago Fire! I don’t want her with Casey because he is just too good for her (he said he wanted to take things slow and she goes and sleeps with the next guy?! B…h! ) and I don’t want her with Mills because he is obviously too young and too dumb for her and she doesn’t love him anyway. Either she changes her whole attitude drastically or I’m done with her character =P

• kim says:

I agree. I liked Dawson up until she went off in a huff and slept with Mills. I don’t like the attitude that some people have that Casey somehow jilted her or missed his chance. The poor guy just wanted some time and Dawson jumped to conclusions that it was about Hallie, when that actually wasn’t the case. I think it shows that Dawson is probably too immature for Casey, but I did like the idea of them together initially. I think Mills is like a big, dumb puppy – he was so clueless talking back to Boden. I really don’t like Hallie with Casey, though. After 8 years with him, she doesn’t want kids with Casey. There’s nothing wrong with not wanting kids, but Casey does want kids – so in my mind, they are a bad match. I hope they don’t get back together. Casey deserves better than these two!!!

35. Kay says:

I know you can only share the scoop you got, but lately I feel like OUAT scoop on here is about the same characters all the time. I’m admittedly a little tired of hearing about Emma’s love life too. I don’t really care and it’s always the same non-answers from Adam and Eddy anyway. I don’t blame them, but it’s just tiring to read the same phrases about the same topics in interviews and news bits all the time.

36. Suncatcher says:

It seems like showrunner, Erica Messer, has any love liaisons for CM’s cast on a very short leash: gone are Jason Gideon’s girlfriend; Hotch’s ex-wife, Kate; Hotch’s girlfriend, Beth; Rossi’s wife; all of Reid’s girlfriends; and I am probably missing a few others (Morgan?).

I think the only known happiness was reserved for JJ (pregnant and married) with Will (probably only because she was being tossed off the show at the time); and Garcia with Kevin.

I have learned, when it comes to love interests on this very dark show, expect the worst!

37. Moo says:

why WHY is everyone such a big Hook shipper fan. Has no one noticed the abusive, harrassing nature of the curd? Pray tell, what are his redeemable qualities?

38. shadester says:

I didnt like Kalindas storyline with Nick either too much but I am curious what they had planned..More Carey please!!

39. linda k says:

Don’t get me wrong, i love criminal minds or at least i used to, but this season is really bad, there were like 3 episodes i liked and the rest was just boring, weird, far fetched or i don’t know how else should i call i it…..but the last ep……it was the worst episode they’ve ever made and i have seen all of them….i’m really disappointed in this show, it used to be my fave..

40. tvJunkie says:

Anyone else think Reid is going to turn into the “ultimate, uncatchable unsub”?

41. Karol Lyon says:

Now, can we get FBI Agent Delaney back on The good wife, please?

42. kay v says:

Too bad they killed Reid’s “girlfriend” off the show, but also too bad they already lost me as a viewer. Without Paget Brewster, this show is too depressing and creepy.

• Bill says:

I thought she chose to leave…… The show is dark, but reflects the kind of people the real profilers track down. I think they do need to show more of the characters lives outside of work. They did it for awhile with Garcia, but it would have been nice to see someone in Reids life.

As far a Reids girlfriend. I figured they would kill her off. She is a main character on leverage. So she already has another show she is on. It was weird seeing her as a brunette though. She is a blonde on leverage and a great actress. If I was Reid. I would be mad someone didn’t kill the woman before she got the chance to fire.