Homeland Exclusive: Damian Lewis' Season 3 Fate Revealed – Find Out If Brody Will Be Back!

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Homeland Damian Lewis Season 3It’s official: Homeland‘s Season 2 finale was not — we repeat not — Brody’s swan song.

Damian Lewis will return for the Showtime smash’s upcoming third season, executive producer Howard Gordon confirmed to TVLine Sunday night following the show’s big Golden Globes triumph.

“He’s alive so of course he’ll be back,” Gordon said at Fox’s after party. “One of the great challenges of next [season] is how he’ll be back. But there’s no doubt that he will be back.”

PHOTOS | Golden Globes 2013: The Best & Worst Moments!

Homeland‘s second season ended with Claire Danes’ Carrie helping Brody embark on his new life as a fugitive. At the time, exec producer Alex Gansa said Lewis’ involvement in Season 3 was very much “an open question,” adding, “We had a much clearer picture of what the first two seasons would be than we do of what the third season would be…. Damian’s involvement and [the actors who fill out Brody's family] is very much up in the air.”

Just last week, Showtime president David Nevins sidestepped questions about Lewis’ future on the show, telling reporters, “It’s perfectly fair to ask, but how fun would it be if I gave you any of those spoilers?”

RELATED | Homeland Season 3 Sneak Peek

For his part, the Emmy- and now Golden Globe-winning Lewis told Entertainment Weekly last year that his seven-year Homeland contract is essentially worthless. “[It] doesn’t mean anything,” he told the mag. “They can kill me whenever they want.”

Homeland‘s third season launches Sunday, Sept. 29 at 9/8c.

Thoughts? Relieved Lewis is returning (at least in some capacity)? Or were you hoping that was the last we would see of him? Weigh in below!

Comments (105)

• TV 101: You don’t kill off your award winning lead actors. DUH!

Comment by Tony S – January 14, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • seconded.

Comment by cjeffery7 – January 14, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • third !!!!im obsessed with brody

Comment by mel – March 7, 2013 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I am also obsessed with Brody!!! Please let him stay. I might stop watching if he is not on.

Comment by Julie – August 20, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do to revamp the series after it goes down the tube.

Comment by Meg – January 15, 2013 03:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • course he’ll be back… 2 choices: either Brody has always been and still is involved with the terrorists (woo-hoo! more twists for season 3), or Saul is the bad guy (still have not found the mole in the CIA.. and why go to the bother of attending Abu’s funeral? Saul knows he’s dead for sure, so it must be to pay respect to the terrorist. Good touch having him portrayed as a Jew!!! Who woulda thunk it?). Hey.. lemme write a few episodes!! :-)

Comment by Robert – January 31, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • David is/was the Mole. The VP was involved with David, too. Both dead. Who do we look to now? Brody is and always will be involved with the terrorists. Carrie goes manic – that scene alone earned her the Golden Globe! Gotta love her!

Kris

Comment by Kris – February 7, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think Max is the mole. Everyone always calls him dumb, but he’s probably the mole.

Comment by susie – February 11, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Obviously. Thanks for telling us what has already happened as if we were blind… Do you really just progress from show to show without personal speculation? Honestly, how dull can you be?

Comment by kato – February 25, 2013 02:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Just watched both series in 4 days. I think that Saul is involved somehow as is Max – just can’t figure out where yet. Brody has realised the error of his ways and was stitched up with bomb in his car. Brody on the run really misses his family – that was so sad when he broke up with Jessica in the car, they both live each other and he was breaking up to save his family’s dignity. Season 3 will be around Brody contacting Carrie (or the other way around) to help find the mole so he can clear his name and get back to his family. Unfortunately, this is just clutching at straws for the writers and I do not think that it will make for compelling viewing. Apart from that, Damian Lewis is bar far the most talented actor in the world right now. Everything he does, he does with Class and makes you believe in the character. His portrayal of Captain Winters in Band of Brothers was another outstanding piece of acting where I first ‘met’ this man. His accents are incredible – I didn’t even know he was English for a year.
        Carrie is great in the series but tends to overact her expressions.
        I want to see him back with his wife – Oh Yeh, and why did Mike say “oh ****” when Brody gave his blessing for them to carry on? Everything in this series made you think. Absolutely wonderful.

Comment by Graham Bond – February 16, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree with you 100%, Graham….Damian is the greatest actor ever, and would love to see him portray Brody until the end of the series. I think Brody really wants to clear his name and get back to his family and/or Carrie…not sure which he’ll choose yet. Can’t wait to see what happens next season!!

Comment by Michele – February 18, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think Jessica loves Brody, I think she loves Mike. I am hoping that Brody gets with Carrie. yeah Brody isn’t getting back with his family. Mike has that sewed up!

Comment by Julie – August 20, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I still remember Saul flagging the lie detector when asked if he handed that guy the razor to kill himself. I dont know what to think about Ahu but i did expect him to miraculously come to life and swim off when they threw him over the side so it wouldn’t surprise me if we see some back track filming in season three?
        Saul is the mole!!

Comment by tony – February 21, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season 1: Carrie proves Brody is terrorist
      Season 2: Carrie makes Brody an ally and kills most wanted terrorist.
      Season 3: Carrie proves Brody’s innocence in recent attacks

Comment by carriefan – February 18, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love your flip-flops. What a great way to keep the story fresh. If the writers take your suggestions, it would be an interesting way to get the audiences again up and wanting more of Homeland. . Season 3 should take the narrative of “Carrie proving Brody’s innocence in the last attack”; because of her passion for the truth and the way she handles getting to the bottom of everything.

Comment by belinda – March 24, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Am totally agree with your opinion

Comment by Aysanew Tesfahun – May 19, 2013 02:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You must not watch Game of Thrones.

Comment by shah – February 25, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you 150% … what would the show be without Brody???

Comment by ghostie23 – May 1, 2013 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, that was really a no brainer :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – January 14, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Duh! Otherwise they would have killed him which is what many people wanted.

Comment by rty123 – January 14, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no they didn’t

Comment by Julie – August 20, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After the second season ended, this was to expected. They can’t let him run off like that without any follow-up. However, to keep the show fresh they should write him off at some point. It already feels like there’s not much more story to be told about Brody (and his family). But let’s wait and see how the third season develops, wouldn’t be the first time the Homeland writers can surprise me.

Comment by jimbo – January 14, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Indeed. I think there is a difference between ‘no more story they can tell’ and ‘the story they told in season 2 just wasn’t so compelling’. I think there is plenty of story they can tell with Brody’s family (or, at least, with Dana) that could be compelling. They just have to choose to do it.

Comment by ben – January 14, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But they CAN let Brody run off and live in the Canadian woods. The only person who knows he’s alive is Carrie, and she can hardly leak that – lose CIA status. Only a few more minutes of Brody is about all I can take.

Comment by Kris – February 7, 2013 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watched both seasons in 2 days since Showtime had a free preview weekend….Really got into this show…..was always a fan of Damien Lewis, especially on “Life” which was cancelled too early IMO, and Claire Danes was fantastic

Comment by Breck – January 14, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yah, I’m still waiting for that “Life” TV movie that will tie everything up. A miniseries would be nicer. I could go with it if the actors were older than in the series, since the story and the acting were everything.

Comment by prish – January 14, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely relieved that he’s back. You’d be foolish killing off one of your highest rated actors!

Comment by Renée – January 14, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kind of a no-brainer that he will be exonerated somehow when something proves he didn’t rig the car or put it where it was when it exploded.

Comment by nyguy – January 14, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he can never be off the hook with the confession tape, how will he explain that? He was going to commit an attack previously but decided not too? He is in the poop regardless

Comment by olly – March 26, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • After parking his car in lot C Brody has an interaction with a man in uniform. Brody may have handed him a key, but we do not hear conversation. There was not enough motivation to show Brody and the man in uniform. I am waiting for flashback that shows Brody true purpose to be shown with this man after parking.

Comment by AvivaEbkm – April 9, 2013 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course he’ll be back ! But it would have been interesting to have him missing for a couple of episodes and having the audience wonder WHEN he would be back.

Comment by Lilys87 – January 14, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a feeling they would have killed him off in Season 2 had he and the show not won Emmy’s for Season 1. Now I fear he will win again, and they will drag his character out. He should be toast.

Comment by Nope – January 14, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you guys love Damian Lewis overall, you should also check him out in the Forsyte Saga which you can only see now on Netflix. He was amazing on this miniseries!

Comment by kp77 – January 14, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I own both the DVD sets of The Forsyte Saga, and watch them quite often!! Damian Lewis is one hell of a great actor (certainly my favorite!!) and I really hope he has a role on Homeland as long as possible….unless a new series opens up for him, in which case I hope that one lasts a while!! I love seeing Damian on American TV (Life didn’t run long enough, as it should have gotten a 3rd season) because some of his movies are only available in Europe. Band Of Brothers is another series one should check out, and even the English series Hearts And Bones (available on YouTube) is good, though Damian is only in the first season. I congratulate Damian and Claire and the rest of the cast of Homeland for winning all the awards that they got….though Damian should have won the Golden Globe last year and the SAG award last night. Also, one last thing….if Damian’s fans are such fans, they should be spelling his name correctly, with an “A” and NOT an “E”!!!! Just saying…. :)

Comment by Michele – January 28, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Damian Lewis in Forsyte Saga is incredible. Let alone the Homeland serial 1&2
        This actor is very talented and versatile remains me of Laurence Oliver also a great British actor one of the most famous and revered actors of the 20th century. Damian Lewis is going in his foot steps!

Comment by Gabriel – April 4, 2013 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved that miniseries. He was excellent in that. That was the first time i ever saw him and instantly fell in love with this actor.

Comment by Julie – August 20, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was obvisouly returning as they didn’t kill him off and I fear there going to see the golden globe win as a what they did in season 2 as a success which it wasn’t the 2nd half was horrendous and the brody character has ran its course damian is a great actor but the character of brody should of been killed off.

Comment by steve – January 14, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course he’s coming back – who actually thought he was gone for good? Maybe he wont be as prominent now that he’s on the run, but he will be in the show. Until they kill him. Duh.

Comment by Lauren – January 14, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news yet!

Comment by jan – January 14, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Damian Lewis is great, and LOVED his all-too-sort-lived series “Life” … but much of his arc on the last season of Homeland strained the bounds of credulity for me. I think the migration of the Brody/Carrie tryst from a way to get inside his head to an actual affair cheapened Claire Danes’ character and made her a LOT less interesting. Call *me* crazy, but I can’t imagine any scenario where I’d think:”Other than that terrorist thing, he’s such a nice guy! … I think I’m in love.” A terrific actor to be sure … but this doesn’t bode well for the series, imo, unless the writers can figure out a way to shift Carrie away from the being looney lovesick puppy.

Comment by Mark – January 14, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. That’s a tough one to swallow…she’s supposedly a raging anti-terrorist but has no problem jumping in the sack with him every chance she gets.

Comment by Andrea – January 25, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s what made the series interesting. How can she seperate her feelings for this terrorist???

Comment by Julie – August 20, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Damian Lewis is an amazing actor who gives his 100% in everything he does. I loved his “I CAN’T, I CAN’T!!” outburst when Morena Baccarin’s character (his wife) asked him to stop working with the CIA. His best performance in the season.

I do think it’s sad that nobody else has acknowledged Mandy Patinkin’s talent in this series. I think he’s a great actor. I can’t see anyone else playing the role of Saul, and I think on some level, his character is the glue in the series.

Acknowledgements aside, as much as I enjoy Damian’s acting, they should have killed the Brody character off this year (season 2). I fear season 3 will start to resemble a soap opera. There were times in season 2 it took on a soap opera feel. In both seasons you’re expecting his death, but he survives. Rupert Friend’s character (Peter Quinn) has the shot, it’s his orders, Brody is a terrorist, but what does he do? He spares his life in the name of love (blah). Can you guess what happens in the next season? I’m guessing he will have another close call. Maybe even a flesh wound, or a month in hospital.

There is nothing worse than your favorite tv show becoming predictable. I’m predicting they will keep Nick Brody’s character around for five, maybe even six seasons. By this time we will all have hitched our wagons to another favorite hoping this one will get it right. I, like everyone else, will eagerly await the next season, but will probably lose interest somewhere between episode 3 and 5.

Comment by Glenn – February 22, 2013 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sweet

Comment by Adam Bramble – January 14, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!! Love Brody, as much as I hate him. Damien really is a revelation in the role. So excited to go back to anxiously anticipating each episode whether or not that’s the one where he will die!

Comment by Shari – January 14, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course they weren’t going to let him go, it’s been telegraphed all along. Homeland creators/executive producers Gansa & Gordon are Carrie/Brody shippers, Damian is winning awards, and at the TCA panel it was even revealed that David Nevins (Showtime entertainment president) “has been a driving force in keeping Lewis’ character alive.”
    So if the fact that Brody’s already been sparred twice wasn’t enough of an indication, obviously they want to keep him! YAY :D

Comment by Saint Alicia – January 14, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If they had written Brody out of the show, we would not continue to watch. Are you kidding? He IS the show. He and Carrie are the nucleus around which everything else revolves. Their onscreen chemistry is FREAKING AMAZING. Glad to hear he’ll be back. Don’t have to cancel that Showtime subscription now. ;)

Comment by carlotta – January 14, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Disagree 100% the fact he has lived means I may not watch season 3. There’s nothing left in the brody story its ran its course and as much as I love damian he needs to leave. What else is there left to tell about brody????

2nd half of season 2 was dreadful and part of that was down to there dragging the whole brody storyline out.

Comment by steve – January 14, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally second this comment

Comment by Laurie – January 24, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That is, I second the first comment stating that Brody and Carrie are central to the series and I hope they remain so. I don’t know what others object to in the second season, but for me it all holds together, the action, the politics and morality, the family dynamics, the prisoner of war dimension and the dynamic between the two lead characters.

Comment by Laurie – January 24, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, thank goodness. Phew. Thanks for making my day happy, TVLine. Wasn’t my boyfriend Damien Lewis so cute accepting his award last night with his real-life English accent? :)

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 14, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Homeland will not be Homeland without Damien Lewis. Brody and Carrie are just so hot together!

Comment by genifer – January 14, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Carrie has really poor choice in men. First David – then Brody.

Comment by Kris – February 7, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thrilled Damian will be back. I didn’t think they would get rid of him since he has won some awards for the show but it is nice to have confirmation.

Comment by Kate – January 14, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!

Comment by Ella – January 14, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We would love to have Brody (Damian Lewis) back on Homeland for as long as Homeland runs. It will take some wizard like, out of this world, moon-landing writing to do it in a responsible way. I know the writers can do it, and as Damian says “do it very well, thank you”.

Comment by Louisebelinda – January 14, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brody!!!! They should do a Jason Bourne thing and have him be looking for the people go framed him while on the run that would be awesome

Comment by Corie – January 14, 2013 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Brody didn’t return, they better called it The Carrie Diaries!

Comment by Martijn – January 15, 2013 04:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If he had not come back, neither would I.

Comment by Spikenalabama – January 15, 2013 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There were only a couple of times I didn’t agree with the writing. First when Brody was interrogated by the CIA he turned too quickly! He had been tortured for 5 years and didn’t give secrets away so how could less than a day unhinge him? Second was just me wishing he had more explicitly told his daughter that she saved his life the day he wore the vest. I know it’s not good writing but I just want Carrie and Brody to be together and happy. If that happened I would be fine with new stories with new characters. The last episode of season 2 agitated me. Cliffhangers you have to wait 9 months to get closure for are not for me and I will likely give up on the show for that.

Comment by GracieC – January 20, 2013 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG…If Damien Lewis weren’t to come back, the show is done! Yeah, so there’s some unrealistic things that happened but who cares….it’s a TV show and a damn good one. Keep DL on it and your ratings will still be at the top.

Comment by NJH – January 20, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh that made my day, I don’t think I would have continued to watch if he was gone! I love Damian and Claire together what amazing actors. But not happy I have to wait 9 months to see how they include Brody in season 3???

Comment by Missy – January 22, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see why everyone is so into this show? I’ts mediocre at best.

Comment by Paul – January 25, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I appreciate your feeling about the show being mediocre, but remember one person’s “Mediocre” is another’s “WOW!” and it is my “WOW!’

Comment by ouisee – March 24, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show, watched both seasons in last 2 weeks. Think twist will be Brody did do it and all was part of the setup. Next year he can be the terrorist they are hunting.

Comment by stu – January 27, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s gonna be a little boring am afraid. Brody has been a terrible characted but every story needs a closure. U can’t just keep twisting and twisting and twisting.

Comment by Nicolas Edmund piers – January 27, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, so after watching the last two season over the last couple of weeks (thank you on demand) I’m hooked and keep thinking that Quinn or whatever his alias is that he planted the bomb or had a hand in placing the truck where it was left in front of the CIA. Also, they would never contemplate removing brody from this story line, I would agree with stu that they will base season 3 on hunting brody north of the border. Can’t wait but this will be a long 9 months

Comment by tmitch412 – January 28, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SEPTEMBER???????!??????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

Comment by Lauren – February 3, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Brody shouldve been killed at the end of the second season. Carrie was clearly blinded by her love for him when solving the whole Nazir thing and missed alot plus Brody didnt have much story left. By the way i hated them being a couple. If i was Brody’s wife i wouldve strapped that vest on the both of them and ran. She gave up her love Mike for him then got cheated on! Carrie pervetedly watched Brody make love to his wife and all and then pursued him anyway :S she’s a bit of a sicko. CIA did not do a very gd psych analysis on her before they recruited her. Loved the first season but hated the weirdo creepy love story in the second

Comment by Katie – February 4, 2013 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • More like Carrie watched Brody RAPE his wife. I don’t understand her attraction to him. But she is Bipolar, which may have something to do with her poor choice in men. Hook her up with Virgil! He’s a nice guy, gentle, cares about her, and could help tame her mania. Have to keep her healthy, as she has more brains then all of them combined. It’s Carrie – not Brody – that makes the show sizzle!

Comment by Kris – February 9, 2013 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Carrie sizzles but needs someone with a bit more chemistry. Brodie is fairly cold, could see him setting up counter surveillence and watching Carrie, who picks up on this and gets a bit frustrated and is stronger than ever in dealing with him. He is not a nice guy so why not show this. Sub-plot, CIA has made nice with the wrong set who are just a few local political thugs who are trying to turn a profit from all the mayhem.

Comment by Ann – April 4, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • katie, I LOVE you! My kind of woman! “Strapped that vest on the both of them….”. My thoughts exactly!

Comment by hedda letitsia – April 16, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for season 3. Enjoyed both seasons very much. Just one thing that is nagging at me, who is the bloody mole? Could it be Saul? One last thing, I see many idiots complaining about Brody and that he should have been killed off. I don’t see any award winning shows from you moaners!!!

Comment by adrian snyman – February 5, 2013 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is it possible that Damien did rig the car and killedall those ppl to fulfill his original agend. Season 3 might just be about proving it. Throughout the future shows I think they will keep us guessing. Is he a terrorist or not? He might come back and deceive all that he was famed

Comment by Sil – March 2, 2013 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Figure it out writers, that’s why they pay you the big bucks! Fugitive + woman in love, not that hard to do, yes? No Damian; no watch. Ya dig?

Comment by Marianne – February 5, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree….gotta have Damian in the show!!!! <3

Comment by Michele – February 7, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep Brody alive then rearesst him

Comment by Irv loveman – February 7, 2013 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think a great storyline would be later on if the mole kills Brody and Carrie seeking vengeance to find out who did it. They can have flashbacks of Brody and allow her to get over him when she catches the mole. Maybe a season 4 storyline

Comment by Bridget – February 9, 2013 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they keeping Brody alive. The serie is al about Brody and Carry. So I hope they write a nice strory for the both of them. It wil be a long tome waiting.

Comment by sandra – February 9, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t believe all the Brody haters here you’re all crazy, his dynamic with Carrie makes the whole show! And how can you say his story is finished, it’s not at all he’s such an interesting character, he was obviously just really messed up by Nazir when he came home he was never a real terrorist he was just blinded by his love for Nazir, how he’s getting better and he realises what mistakes he made, Carrie can see that and yes even though did some bad things she can see that in his soul he’s a good person he just got messed up for a while. Also I find the comment by KATIE that Carrie has poor judgement in men because she’s bipolar extremely insulting and ignorant, you obviously know nothing about any forms of mental illness, just because she’s bipolar doesn’t mean she can’t make good choices she does every day in her job so why would it make her not be able to choose men?? Seriously!!

Carrie will clear his name and they’ll live happily ever after hopefully :D It does seem like Saul is the mole because if you remember when they did the polygraph on him about who gave the prisoner the razor to kill himself in series 1 the polygraph jumped when he said no i.e. he was lying and then he ran out of the room. Also was that a Muslim prayer he was saying at the burial? But at the same time he’d never ever kill Carrie so ultimately I don’t think it was him!!

Comment by ciara – February 10, 2013 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is KATIE writing and you obviously don’t know much about mania and how it can lead to extremely poor choices when it comes to sexuality. Note Carrie’s behaviour in season 1 episode 1. Black dress, meets some guy in a bar, ready to leave with him when she sees Brody on TV. Go back and watch the ENTIRE episode. Then think about Carrie and her sexual behavior. Then read about mania. I wasn’t slamming mental illness. It’s just a fact that mania and “off” sexual behaviour often go together. And if nothing else, Carrie is full blown manic! (Check out next to last episode season 1.) Poor choice in men? Why would Carrie be attracted to some guy willing to wear a suicide vest? Yes – Brody is truly an upstanding man. Just a little quirky i.e. shoot a deer while at a party, attack a reporter in front of his son, rape his wife, ensure the VP dies. The latter makes him a terrorist in my eyes. Carrie makes this show go, but what she sees in him, I’ll never know. Saul tells her not to trust him – over and over. She’s an incredible CIA agent – the best. But when it comes to men, her judgment is at best cloudy. Remember, she was hooked up with slimy David and even came on to Saul!

Comment by Kris – February 10, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think he is going to go to the Middle East and become the new leader of the terrorist group , that’s the

Comment by Nell – February 13, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think he is going to go to the Middle East and become the new leader of the terrorist group , the only way to they can keep him alive .

Comment by Nell – February 13, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally agree with KATIE. Carrie has a poor choice in men. Imagine her even thinking of coming on to Saul. Well, I think Quinn is the mole, or why else would he want to keep Brody alive?

Comment by Debola – February 18, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surely the CCTV and other surveillance at the CIA is hardlined and stored digitally offsite. I can’t begin to imagine that they wouldn’t be able to check the footage to see who drove Brody’s car there. The only thing that I struggle with is that Brody hasn’t had people watching him more, they would be on him 24/7 for years just in case he was to make contact with a sleeping cell or something a long those lines. Very much looking forward to seeing how they turn this around, I was interested to see how they would have done it after the first season but they knocked it out of the park.

Comment by Taison ☠ (@Tais0n) – February 19, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The mole is quinn. See he did not kill brody. And Carrie asks who is this when quintessential comes first in an episode

Comment by Sony George – February 21, 2013 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • just finished watching season 2…still it’s so hard to tell what they’ll do next to each and every characters but i so definitely can’t wait for it. Congratulations and good luck.:-)

Comment by Dagz – February 21, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I honestly can’t wait, what ever the story line is, I’ll be there eagerly anticipating it all with a bottle of red!!!
    Saul is my favourite character, sure he has a major role to play in the 3rd series!!!!

Comment by Simon Harris – February 21, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wholeheartedly agree with bringing Lewis back as Brody. Can’t wait for Season 3. Danes is brilliant in developing the depth of her character. Saul is not your guy, though; Quinn is, IMO. FYI, what Saul was saying at Nazir’s sea burial is a Hebrew prayer for mourners. I’ve heard it’s done out of respect for the moment, perhaps not always the person. I may be wrong. September can’t arrive quickly enough. Awesome show!

Comment by Sauce Boss – February 23, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a very wonderful series and just waiting for season 3 that’s all i have to say..

Comment by Andy – February 24, 2013 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post