Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on White Collar, Castle, Once Upon a Time, NCIS, Parks & Rec and More!

White Collar - Season 4What giant plans does Once Upon a Time have? Will White Collars Neal leap a tall building in the name of love? Will Castle fans meet Rick’s father anytime soon? Is Xena staying put in Pawnee? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

Christmas is right around the corner, so this week I’ve chosen to simply “unwrap” some questions from the Inside Line mailbag….

Seeing as how Sara (played by Hilarie Burton) is (supposedly) going to be in half of this season’s remaining White Collar episodes, can we take that as a sign that she and Neal will be getting back together before the season ends? Please, say yes! Those two belong together! –Michelle
We have a full-on Season 4b preview coming your way soon, but in the meantime I can offer you five not-so-randomly chosen words from our chat with series creator Jeff Eastin, pertaining to the aformentioned duo: “Empire State Building… fantastic moment.” (I can also reveal that the Neal/Sara smooch spied in the new promo takes place in an episode during which they’re kidnapped.)

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Casts Rose McGowan as Young Cora for Origin Episode

Is there any news about Once Upon a Time‘s Hook and Emma? I’m so hoping they hook up cause they make a good pair. –Jennifer
For starters, the wordplay whore in me will forgive and even applaud your use of “hook up” in this context. Secondly, I will tell you that I have a full-blown Q&A with Colin O’Donoghue posting closer to the show’s Jan. 6 return that will address this and other hot topics. (Something to keep in mind: Will Charming let this scoundrel anywhere near his daughter?) And lastly, here’s a random other scooplet: Sources confirm that the “Tiny” Episode 13 I told you about last week will in fact feature the return of Jorge Garcia and unspool “a story/backstory that touches many core characters in a surprising way.”

Is Lucy Lawless sticking around on Parks and Recreation? I’d hate to see Ron’s bacon-loving heart get broken. –Suzanne
The NBC comedy just shot another episode with Lawless as Diane last week, and there could be more. A lot more. As show boss Mike Schur explains, “The idea was that through the first four seasons we’ve seen Ron in one or two OK relationships and several entirely disastrous, miserable ones. So… this was a big thing we wanted to check off, to give him a lady friend who was significant and important in his life. We certainly have a lot of plans for [Lucy] through the rest of the season — and hopefully beyond.”

PHOTOS | Castle‘s Ex Marks Her Spot! Plus: GH Vets Jack Wagner and Nancy Lee Grahn Visit

Any word on who will play Castle‘s dad? –Alana
Not yet, and for good reason: Contrary to one published report, this season’s February two-parter might not necessarily tackle that tale. “It’s certainly something that we’re thinking about seriously and trying to find the right angle in on,” show boss Andrew Marlowe explained to me. But as of a few days ago, it’s “not definitely” going to happen by sweeps. Instead, he says the Castle team is mulling an alternate storyline that promises the annual allotment of “big tension,” “personal stakes” and ” fun twists and turns.”

Do you have any scoop on NCIS‘ two-part January episodes about Ziva? –Marla
Only that Eli David is Rick Castle’s father! No, I kid. (Too much eggnog.) When I said to showrunner Gary Glasberg that Eli’s appearances seldom bring good tidings, he countered, “You might be surprised. There are a lot of layers to what we’re going to try do this time around, and Michael Nouri was totally willing and had fun with it. I think people are going to be excited by what they see.” He also clarified that the Ziva twist I’ve been telling you about does not coincide with Eli’s latest encore. “He definitely plays a part in it, but the Ziva stuff will continue all the way through the season.”

RELATED | NCIS Casts Young Abby for Origin Episode Full of ‘Prizes’ for Longtime Fans

Can you give us something on when Nashville‘s Rayna tells Deacon her first child is his? –Maggie
You apparently missed our midseason post mortem/preview, so allow me to regurgitate this quote from exec producer Callie Khouri: “Like all these family situations, [what Lamar teased in the pilot] is more complicated than I can tell you. Soon these things will start to be revealed.”

Any scoop on my favorite new comedy, The Mindy Project? –Noreen
Get ready to meet Ms. Lahiri’s brother Rishi, to be played by Pitch Perfect‘s Utkarsh Ambudkar in Episode 11. Alas, it’s not a warm reunion, as Mindy’s bro has decided to take a break from college and pursue a career as a rapper.

If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email mattmtvguy@gmail.com, and maybe it’ll get some love the next time around! (With reporting by Vlada Gelman and Meg Masters)

The new episode of Spoiler Alert! shares scoop from Once Upon a Time‘s Hook, reviews this winter’s big finales and sizes up the new Grey’s cast. PRESS PLAY!

1. Kaye says:

Can’t wait to see who plays Castle’s dad!

• Templar says:

In a related “Who’s your Daddy?” thread, I nominate Mike Farrell [BJ on M*A*S*H] to play McGee’s dad on NCIS. For Castle, I’d go with either Christopher Plummer [another Canadian] or John Anniston [Victor on DOOL and Jennifer's dad].

• TV fan says:

Castle’s Dad!!!

I’ve been waiting to met such guy

• DarkDefender says:

Not sure who should play Castle’s dad, but he needs to be ruggedly handsome.

• Georgia Madman says:

Just as long as Castle’s dad has NOTHING to do with kate’s mother’s murder. That would kill the show for me.

• Jeff says:

I would cast the ruggedly handsome Kent McCord as Castle’s father, but find out that is a decoy and it really is William Shatner.

• XL says:

I say back in the day it was instant love for Martha and her then young costar that turned out to be a current movie executive and they meet when Castle is in negotions to put one of his novels on the big screen – oh and I think it should be Clint Eastwood who is MORE RUGGEDLY HANDSOME WITH THE TWINKLE THAN CLINT??????????

2. martina says:

Well, I’m glad de Marlowe is taking his time to find the right approach present Castle’s dad’s storyline, otherwise it would feel too forced. I trust him, so whenever he’s ready, I’m ready.

• MCO says:

I am one of the few that doesn’t wish to know about Castle’s father. I don’t see what it can bring to Castle, the show and the characters. But they seem to want to do it. So if I have to watch it, then, I am really glad they at least trying to find the best way to do it and not rushing into doing something.what would be forced or bad. If I have to watch a devellopment I didn’t want, it better be very very good.

• Rida says:

DITTO! Im more glad than disappointed actually. If this means a bigger n better Castle dad story arc thn im glad Marlowe is doing it. I trust him too, he’s really the only showrunner that i can say that about.

• @Rida says:

Marlowe is cool because he doesn’t play games with his audience and he tries his best to be true to the show and characters, BUT he also cares about and listens to his viewers. He respects his audience and we respect him. Which is one of the reasons he’s so well-loved among showrunners. I’d agree with you on him being the one I’d trust the most. He’s also one of my favorite showrunners, along with Bruno Heller and Glasberg. Why? They’re all down-to-earth guys, humble, very good writers, and, much like Marlowe, show kindness and respect for their fans.

3. Mary says:

No to Emma and Hook. Haven’t really liked any of the guys that others have her linked to.

• sofia says:

I’m with you on the “no to Emma and Hook” thing, but I kinda liked Emma with Graham. Although Emma/August is really the only “ship” I can’t stand, because he abandoned her, stole from her, and returned only when it suited his needs and is hiding important information about Neal from her.

• Leticia says:

Yeah, I don’t like the idea of Emma/Hook either. I also liked Emma with Graham , too bad he was killed.

• sofia says:

I forgot this one. Captain Hook HATES children and Emma has a kid, so Hook/Emma has got to be a no go. It doesn’t make sense in any other way.

• Rachel says:

hmmm, gotta disagree, LOVE Emma and Hook/Killian. I love how the creators have hinted he may be a hero trapped inside a villain’s body… bc he is most definitely a match for emma, they push each other and challenge each other yet have this understanding that’s really beautiful… really hope they make something big out of them!

• Jennifer says:

I’m with Rachel on Emma and Hook/Killian. The writers have shown us too many parallels between the two and too much back and forth banter that could tip the scales toward a romantic pairing that it’s hard to ignore. (comparisons of their past and similarities to Snow/Charming by ouat watchers has been illuminating) They challenge each other, and I think they may help one another at some point with breaking down emotional barriers.

• markito says:

Hook and Emma have similarities to Snow and Charming???? For God’s sake! Charming did not run away with a married woman. Charming does not hit women, Charming does not humiliate people like Hook made with ​​Rumpel (before Rumpel becomes the Dark One).
          Make Hook a hero, it is almost an insult.
          Hook is a villain. If the creators keep evil as the original story, I will like….Otherwise, goodbye Once Upon a Time.

• Maii says:

Yeah I mean August is great…Abandoning her as kid, not really giving a damn about her until she was 17, convincing her guy to abandon her and frame her then taking all her money and losing himself then years later ohh hi you have to believe…GREAT GUY!

• Reggie says:

For some apparent reason my post with the link to your question was deleted but I will say that yes they’re definitely very paralleled to each other.

• Templar says:

Thank you. Hook IMO is all wrong for Emma and even more wrong for Henry. And he really is not all that compared to August or Graham.

• Maii says:

• Lane says:

August was a 7 year old kid when he got send to a whole new, different world with no parent or adult to guide him. Give him a break. The way we he behaved in Tallahassee is another story, but I can’t believe people blame him for what he did as a young, abandonned child.

• Lane says:

I’m the same. Not crazy about any of them. And Hook and Emma as the generic, seen a hundreds of times “heroine and the bad guy who will by redeemed with luuuuurve” seems like the most boring of all the story setups they’ve presented us with for Emma.

• markito says:

Emma and Hook? NOOOOOOO
      With chemistry or no chemistry. I’m totally against Emma n´ Hook.
      Even if the writers want to redeem Hook. After Hook have hit Belle, He destroyed any rendering acceptable. Heroes don’t punch women

• Maii says:

But Rumbelle is just great right??? Ha! Actually Emma is not completely good as Killian is not completely bad..and if you’re the ones that are like he hit Belle he is so EVIL..Nothing he has done is as bad as Rumple,Regina or Cora…

• mrsshane says:

I’m Rumpel fan but I’m not Rumbelle fan.
          Like I’m Hook fan, but not Captain Swan fan
          I’m totally against Emma & Hook too.
          Similarly to what has been said, and even the creators say that Hook is a Dark Hero. From the moment that Hook assaulted Belle, he is anything but Hero. Heroes are not abusive.

• Lane says:

I’m sorry, but do you have any other arguments than “but character/ship xy is (supposedly) even WORSE than Hook”? Do you honestly think this makes Hook look better?
          Hook lied, screwed people over and killed. That’s right down the alley of Rumple, Regina and Cora.

• wednesday says:

What about Jefferson? I love Jefferson! Yes, he was somewhat “mad” at the time they met, but with good reason. He was trying to get his daughter back. Granted kidnapping isn’t really the way to sweep a girl off her feet. I thought she & Jefferson had great chemistry together. If anyone can relate to doing anything for your child it would be him. He made a big impression on me in his first episode and became my favorite character other than Rumple. I would love for him to come back and share more scenes with Emma and see where things could go. Heck I would just love to have him back on my screen period!

• Deary says:

I haven’t really imagined Emma with a guy except from Granham! So angry he died so soon in the series! How about Regina and Hook being together? The Ultimate evil couple, huh?

4. Becks says:

That Castle scoop is…intriguing? It seems like they’ll have to start filming the two-parter pretty soon after their Xmas filming break, so it’s interesting that they’re still thinking about what story to tell. But I’m sure whatever they come up with will be good!

5. Nubie says:

Thanks Matt for the spoilers – especially the NCIS scoopage :) I just hope these so-called “Ziva twists” concerning her Dad or whatever else leaves her character and/or the team as whole in a positive light, rather than causing her to suffer even more emotional damage, courtesy of Eli David. He’s done enough of that already.

• Kim R says:

Okay…this in my inkling…I’m thinking that Tony & Ziva are already involved. There have been a lot of little looks, just this last week when a diamond was mentioned and Tony glanced knowingly at Ziva for a second. I am thinking….. :)

• Stacey says:

Hmm. Could be. Saw the looks too. And how everyone looked at Ziva when Daddy DiNozo if anyone had seen Tony’s place. And I think Ziva was too quick to indicate that she’s never been there… Although a single bed is not a good indicator. I could buy they have been spending time at Ziva’s place. They have been becoming closer… If the season is cumulative to Ziva’s twist, and it’s not only her dad’s visit. Makes me curious.

• Nubie says:

Oh I’d be happy to go right along with that thought!! Not sure though; with all these never-ending, “deep, emotional, psychological issues” the characters seem to suffering from….who has time to be happy or romanticallly involved at all? Seems to me the entire team would be too busy spending most of their time at the Mental Institution. Sheesh :P I feel sorry for this cast!!

6. Errol says:

Barry Bostwick must play Castle’s father.

7. Aleana says:

I want to see Emma and Jefferson not with Hook to me she had more chemistry with Jefferson and even August but to me they are more like big brother and little sister

• Errol says:

hook and regina
      booth and ruby
      jefferson and emma

• Templar says:

Booth & Ruby? Talk about dating out of your species. LOL I agree about Jefferson being the perfect match for Emma. With Grace/Paige they could create a nice blended family.

• Lane says:

I could live with August and Ruby, but I don’t see any basis for the other two couples. Jefferson kidnapped, drugged and assaulted Emma and her mother. Why would she even bother with the guy again? Being the “mad hatter” doesn’t excuse his behaviour. Besides, any serious love interest for Emma would have to be a series regular and that’s not gonna happen with Jefferson any time soon. Hook and Regina makes even less sense to me. Never mind the fact that Regina is not even looking for a relationship after everything that happened to her since the end of season 1 with losing Henry, losing Daniel AGAIN, and trying to become a better person, what would be the basis for a relationship between them? Besides, I’m not sure nothing ever happened between him and Regina’s mother. So yeah, I don’t see him and Regina at all.

• Pil says:

hook and regina – OK, interessing (but a relation with Archie will be more fun)
        booth and ruby – OK ( they’re singles but I prefere Archie and Ruby)
        jefferson and emma – Not OK. And Neal? I hope a return of Graham also

8. Kate says:

I’m excited for them to get going on the story about Castle’s dad, but I’m glad they’re making sure it’s done right.

9. Anna says:

Yay more Lucy Lawless!!!! Thanks parks and rec

10. aisforaims says:

I personally love the interactions between Emma and Hook. Chemistry is subjective so everyone sees it differently. For me, Emma and Hook have smoldering chemistry together. Jennifer and Colin’s scenes the first half of this season have been some of my favorites. They have a dynamic that’s fun, yet their shared situations (I do love that Jennifer and Colin both said they were “kindred spirits”) and experiences open the characters’ interactions to visit deeper levels. I think it’d be hilarious to see Charming in protective daddy-mode, especially with Hook. I can’t wait to read Colin’s interview and I can’t wait for this show (and Jorge Garcia!) to return!

• MadCapSwan says:

^ This is exactly how I feel! Emma and Hook have amazing chemistry and the parallels in their past just beg for a romance! I would love to see Charming in protective daddy-mode, his relationship with Emma is one thing I can’t wait to see more of and the Hook element would certainly add some hilarity to that!

• AL says:

I totally agree that Hook and Emma smoulder onscreen. And as much as I love the show and this season their scenes has been by far my favourite, I’m looking forward to more in the second half of the season.

• Heather says:

Amen to everything you said! I can’t wait for Hook and Emma to meet in Storybrooke. I want to see more of them together. I love their chemistry. I also can’t wait for Colin’s interview! I am so excited for it to come back Jan. 6th! I’m having major OUAT withdrawal.

• Gaviotica31 says:

I also love Emma and Hook together, I do hope the writers explore their relationship since they already have amazing chemistry. I have to respectfully disagree to people that say that Hook and Emma will be boring because of the “Bad guy redeeming himself through love”, since OUAT, for me, is not only about hope and love and happy endings but also about redemption, we are seeing it with Regina really loving Henry and doing the right thing for him, and also with Rumple and Belle. I do think a relationship between Emma and Hook will be really interesting because I don’t see Hook as a flat-out villain, he is more like an anti-Hero, and when the writers explore his story more I think we’ll get to see it. I love him as a character (and not only because Colin O’Donoghue is so incredibly handsome) because he does have a code even though he does bad things, and the connection he shared with Emma was real, “kindred spirits”. Also, I really don’t think he would be “horrible” to Henry at all, and if this show has taught us anything is that Fairy-Tale characters are not always what we expect them to be, and I’m sure there will be surprises with Hook’s backstory on this count.
      In summary, I really really like Emma and Hook together and I hope the writers do develop a relationship between them, it will be really great to watch.

11. Ashley says:

Took bad Eli David really couldn’t be Rick Castle’s father – that would be a weird sort of awesome!

12. Hannah says:

Please tell us which episodes include Sara so I don’t have to watch them

13. Alex C says:

Intrigued by the slow build dynamics of Emma/Hook. Yes to that.

14. Dee says:

Why is there never any Justified scoop? The premiere is so close there has to be something you can tell us.

15. Josh says:

You peope are crazy Hook is a Villian who has let people be murder’s and you want emma who is good to hook up with him ugh she much better with Neal

• I agree with you I don’t get why People want Emma to be with a villian like Hook I think the show would be better off keeping Hook a bad guy and if they put him with Emma they would have to water down and change him too much .Let Regina have Hook and let Emma have Neal I want Henry to get his happy ever after by having his family together.

16. Cynthia says:

Thanks for the WC scoop! Neal & Sara<3

17. Jude says:

Emma and Hook has gotten so much attention and I’m glad for it. Even Jennifer and Colin call them “kindred spirits” because they had upsetting pasts with their past relationships. Even Hook’s revenge to Rumpelstiltskin is due to Milah’s death and not just the loss of his hand. Emma has a lot to deal with Neal especially with what he did to her. I think they’ll come to a full understanding with each other even if they don’t end up together. The creators said that Emma will have a few romantic interests — note a few and interests with an s, if you don’t believe me, look in the past articles — in this season and I don’t think we should count out Hook, not after Tallahassee. Even if anyone thinks otherwise, I wish some people could stop denying these two. Even if Hook is a villain, well so has Rumple and Regina and they actually have/had love interests in the past.

• Lane says:

Different strokes for different folks? It’s very nice that Emma and Hook works for you, but that doesn’t mean it has to work for everyone and that people who don’t see it are denying anything. They just see things differently.

18. Nat says:

sooooo excited about the potential Emma/Hook scoop and Charming/Hook interaction yaaay \o/

19. Natalie says:

I want to Emma and Hook together!!! :)

20. ly says:

I absolutely love Captain Swan and can’t wait to see their next scenes together. I see the chemistry and the potential between Emma and Hook and i am really excited. I don’t know why people hate this ship but everyone has the right to hate/or love a ship. I really hope, it turns out good for Emma and Hook and they come together.
    But there is one thing that always surprises me. There are so many people saying that Emma can’t be with Hook because he is a villain who murdered people and yet they love Rumpelstiltskin and Belle together (I absolutely love Rumbelle, don’t get me wrong) Rumpelstiltskin is a murderer too so why is he allowed to be with a wonderful girl like Belle? And Hook not?
    I don’t want to offend anyone with this but it really confuses me.

21. Natalie says:

I want Emma and Hook together!

22. Varun says:

Emma is a idiot if she dates Hook. Shouldn’t be she be thinking about Henry when she starts dating. Decide she really want a creep like Hook in son’s life. She might as well give Henry back to Reginia. At least Regina loves Henry.

Emma is a mother. Who she dates affects her son. Herny will be hurt by Hook. I mean Hook was about to kill Belle in the flashbacks. If Emma dates Hook, she should loose her son.

• Nora says:

I would think that if they were seriously considering Hook as a romantic candidate there would be a redemption arc in the works. Still too soon. I really just want her to sock Neal and August first before anything else.

23. Qtpiemama says:

I am hoping we get a lot of Hook x Emma (Captain Swan) scenes in the second half of the season. Those two are fantastic together!

24. Michelle says:

I need Captain Swan! They are incredible together. Looking forward to Daddy!Charming too.

25. Amy says:

I love Hook and Emma, plus the idea of Charming trying to keep Hook away from Emma sounds like so much fun. The more Hook and Emma the more I love the episode. They’re my 2 favorite characters and they are so much fun together.

26. ncisfan says:

Thanks for the NCIS spoiler. I enjoy all the characters, but have to be honest that I’ve had enough Ziva this season. She’s had a big focus in almost every episode so far,plus a Ziva/Abby centric episode,as well as a 2 parter coming up, and now according to Gary Glasberg her drama will continue to play out for the rest of the season?! Please, no more Ziva drama-rama. Give the other characters a chance.

• Stacey says:

Disagree. I don’t think there has been any major focus on Ziva. She has had some. Tony’s episode was the Christmas one. McGee/Gibbs/Fornell was the ex-wife one. Gibbs had one with his father and his namesake. In fact I think it’s been kind of low on Tony and Ziva action. But she has the next two episodes with her father’s return in January. But I don’t think so far there has been too much focus on Ziva. It’s been pretty balanced so far…

• as524 says:

sorry agree with ncisfan….each episode this season has had some major ziva scene where ziva is either the sex kitten or suddenly everyone’s bff & the most compassionate on the team. I’m beyond sick of ziva & her dramas & tragedies (that she’s mostly made herself).

we need more eps like this past week’s one that show how many layers there are to Tony – without ziva butting in to flirt with & kiss up to his father.

• Dani says:

I have to disagree as well, like Stacey. There is NO way any regular viewer could ever say that “Ziva” has been a focus this season! We haven’t even SEEN anything of her as a focus yet, so that would be incorrect already. If anything, Gibbs’s family issues & certainly Tony – yet AGAIN -has been the redundant & disturbing Center of Attn – for all the WRONG reasons. Tuesday’s episode was a nightmare for Tony. He’s a mental headcase. Viewers are SMOTHERED with “Tony issues” constantly. Enough Already!!! More Abby & McGee, please!! Or Palmer, for Pete’s sake!! He & Breena seem to have a normal life, at least!!! :(

• marisol says:

I agree Dani. Ziva has not been a focus this season. If anything it has been Gibbs or Tony. The Ziva haters are looking for and creating anything they can to talk against her. Thank God, there are only a few of them around. I would love to see more McAbby scenes and I think we are going to be seeing some in Feb.

• Dani says:

I know!! It certainly seems like spiteful & bitter “Ziva hatred” to me – and worse, it’s not even correct!!!! At least get your facts straight & study up on actual season canon!!! We’re only 10 eps in so far – I have NOT seen “Ziva” at the center of those 10 at ALL. I’m looking forward to what will happen to her next month. I just hope it’s not something negative that will hinder progression of her character. She’s come a long way & fans appreciate that. I just want to see her happy & enjoying her life. She loves being at NCIS, with the team and it shows. :)

• ZivaNeedsToDie says:

Obviously you guys have missed what as524 and others have pointed out to you…it’s totally possible for the ep to be about Gibbs & Fornell & yes have a major ziva scene which is what Glassberg has done this season in every ep. It is tired, dumb and boring to see ZIVA be everyone’s best friend and confidante especially since the character is anything but warm and cuddly and her behavior with Tony’s father is creepy.

• I get you. Though each characters has had, and will have their little scenes, and episodes, it does feel at times that the show focuses TOO MUCH on some characters. Including little pieces of the whole storyline about those characters in every single episode of the season(s).
      But since neither of us are the writers or producers of the show, there’s nothing we can do to change that. They obviously like writing about the character, and I guess there are enough viewers who enjoy it.
      But I do hope that next seasons focus on other characters, then. It’s only fair for other characters to have “their season”, if Ziva for example does. And at least we know there are two episodes coming this season that don’t focus on Ziva so heavily. So…let’s be merry…about that. :)

• Sadbuttrue says:

I completely agree. I’m so tired of Ziva dramas. I’m not excited at all to know that we’re in for a half a season of Ziva tragedy. Other characters are so much more intriguing and mysterious. She’s been the center of long term dramas so many times. Stick a fork in her. She’s done.

• Shazz says:

Not gonna happen. Gibbs, Tony & Ziva are the three top billings on the series. That’s why they’ll continue to get the most attention. But out of the three, Ziva has actually gotten the LEAST attention, and that’s an undisputable fact. So I’m not sure what show you’re watching, but on the one I see, all I hear about is Gibbs and Tony, and they’ve become very boring & depressing, like somebody else mentioned.

• NotaZivaFan says:

You really need to prove your ‘indisputable facts’ about ziva’s screen time and what you claim ‘Harmon and Weatherly’ think.

27. Hannah Jane says:

SO SO SO happy about Neal and Sara. They really do belong together. They bring out the best in each other, no question about it. Fingers crossed that they’ll be together again in season 5 and that Hilarie Burton will be in way more episodes. This season has been suffering from a severe Sara lack and it sucks.

• JBC says:

SO DISAGREE!! It has been refreshing to have “Sara” in only a couple of episodes this year.

• Patamar2 says:

Yes, less to no Sara is better than having to put up with the forced “love” that is non existent. N & S DO NOT love each other. They have sex! Huge difference! As for love, yuck! Neal is a free spirit and does not need Sara to bring him down.

• Kaye says:

Totally disagree. I think Sara and Neal share a true love. Neal would have never considered asking Sara to run away with him and been ready to tell her about the treasure if it was just sex. And Neal needs a woman like Sara, even if it’s not Sara. He needs someone like her because she’s not a White Knight like Peter or a Black Knight like Alex. She’s gray, right in the middle. She’s good enough to keep Neal good, but not too good to scare Neal away from thinking he could ever match her.

But I think they’ve already come up with the perfect companion, so writing in a totally new character would be pointless. Cannot wait Sara to return.

• totally with this cant people tell the difference??

28. Angel says:

Well, I can’t believe that Maddie is Teddy’s child, this is just impossible and NOT only because of what Lamar hinted, but because Maddie and her sister are so physically different, and Maddie can play guitar like Deacon. I refuse to believe that Deacon is not Maddie’s father….

29. Savannah says:

Hey, thanks for the update on OUAT. And I hope they do go there eventually with Castle’s dad-it’s an intriguing prospective storyline. :)

Now for the scoop that had the biggest impact on me:

I’m really nervous about what the reveal is going to be about Ziva. It sounds potentially angsty, and definitely full of drama. I just hope it’s well-executed and has a good ending, because, besides Lisbon from ‘The Mentalist’, Ziva is my favorite female character on television. I really get nervous when either of them sound like they may be endangered or suffer in some way.

I’m also really looking forward to her two-part episode coming up soon.

And, since it’s something related to Eli, I’m wondering, could it possibly be related to the long-forgotten, but never really dealt with, events that happened to her in Somalia? It’s a stretch but it could be so excellent, rife with potential drama, interesting and fulfilling as a viewer to see this dealt with, if it’s done right. (I know the two-parter was written by two excellent NCIS writers so I have high hopes, anyway, whatever happens in the episodes.)

Thanks for the scoopage. :)

• sophie says:

Oh gosh I would LOVE for them to at least mention – or just acknowledge that Somalia happened!
      It’s long overdue.. probably too long, though, so it would be difficult to bring it up :/

But I’m so very excited for this arc! :)

30. pasle says:

Thanks for your words MATT:
    ……
    Of course Charming will not let Hook get close…near his daughter Emma!

Hook is the worst possible choice for Emma and also to Henry. The brutality that Hook, used hitting Belle, demonstrated just how wrong is Emma / Hook.

• Lane says:

I don’t see Hook and Emma either, but please. Emma is a grown woman. If she wants to be with someone, Charming’s not gonna keep her from it. That’s just silly.

• mariathegirlwhofangirled says:

I’m kinda tired of seeing the “hook is a villain and brutal” argument. If the show followed those guidelines of keeping the villains away the Rumple would not be with Belle and Regina would not be allowed near Henry. Emma can very well take of herself if things with Hook took turn for the worst she could kick his ass js.

• Jennifer says:

What I find interesting is we’re projecting our own knowledge and approval/disapproval of ouat characters onto these folks when they haven’t seen or heard everything. Emma doesn’t know Hook’s past anymore than she knows of his. Only we, the mystical viewers, know all. If something happens, or doesn’t we will have to roll with it, and let the character’s lives and experiences continue to unfold before us. I do like the possibility of Captain Swan though. Redemption, overcoming grief ridden pasts…that might make for a good storyline.

• markito says:

Hook destroyed any rendering acceptable. Heroes don’t punch women

• Emma says:

Tell that to Batman when he punched Talia in the comic book series or when Superman fought Wonderwoman. Heroes punch several people and are we really going to let a FLASHBACK define a character. How about we go over the good things he’s done since that flashback, since he met Emma. Like it or not he does have redeeming qualities and it’s clear that he’s going to be a good guy.

31. Maria says:

I can’t wait to see more Emma/Hook interaction. Jen and Colin have so much chemistry. With all the parallels the writers have been throwing our way I’m dying to see what’s in store for them. Those two make a very intriguing pair it will be interesting to see their interactions when they meet again in Storybrooke. The only other guy I ever liked her with was Graham and the writers went ahead and killed him :{ But I have a feeling if the writers play their cards right Emma and Hook could have an epic relationship. Can’t wait to see more of them ;)

32. as524 says:

‘BUT THE ZIVA STUFF CONTINUES ALL THROUGH THE SEASON’

Barf – more destruction of NCIS with a useless character that contributes nothing but being the show’s sex kitten & everyone’s sudden BFF this season.
    Here’s hoping the season ends with Ziva being written off so NCIS can go back to being the interesting show it used to be before they started pushing that character forward.

More episodes like You Better Watch Out would be welcomed – loved the Tony we saw & his apartment completely fit with the multi-faceted character

• Tory says:

Oh jeez, more Ziva? I wish they could find someone who could actually act! While Ziva hasn’t been the “focus” of every episode, there have been these big scenes with her and every guest star or regular practically every episode. she has been ruined beyond redemption thanks to Shame Brennan. I’m tired of her character and can’t stand the thought of her damas being brought up over and over for the rest of the season. I don’t think every episode has to. Be focused on my favorite character either. This show has lost focus and has begun pandering to the teenage girls who think that the relationship between two characters on a tv show means that the actors themselves must also be romantically involved despite every public outing of them with their spouses/significant other.

• Pleasenomore! says:

Sick of Ziva dramas too. She has replaced Tony as Gibbs SFA. She is the character who has every skill needed. She is the only one guest stars lust after. She has the most tragic life with more friggin’ boring to muck up the entire last half of this season. She has become every team member, and guest stars BFF this season. I’m sick to death of this Mary Sue. I may just have to skip ZCIS in 2013.

33. pasle says:

Hook / Emma fans always forget a boy named Henry.
    A man who hits women like Hook hitting Belle, must stay away from mothers with children.
    (Victims of abuse will not find it very funny)
    Hook destroyed, Baelfire’s home. Led to his mother. Only because it is hot and has chemistry with Emma, must pair with her ? Poor Henry!
    I hope Emma inherited the sanity and good sense of her parents.

• lily says:

i agree, people ship Emma with Hook because “OH MY GOD, he’s so hot, and funny and so evil, I love them” *rolleyes”

34. Thank you for answering my NCIS question, Matt! I’m looking forward to seeing what unfolds for Ziva and Eli in Jan. and for Ziva throughout the rest of the season. I only hope she’ll continue to talk to Tony and allow him to be her rock and support. I know the talented Cote de Pablo can handle anything thrown her way. :-)

• as524 says:

ziva’s about as overdone now as she was with that mossad arc in s6. In fact she’s more done than Jenny was when they finally got rid of that character in S5 – &, I think, her storyline is even loonier than the one they saddled LH with for Jenny.

MW’s Tony with his performance in YBWO plus many other eps (Obsession, NOTB) has more than aptly shown that the character is deeper than many fans bother to think. He deserves to be more than ziva’s purse. Hopefully GG finds Tony a smart, gorgeous, talented female character to play off of & throws ziva out with the season end garbage

• Gaara says:

LOL you haters are so funny.. Go on, keep living in your little alternate universe where Ziva is the big bad Satan, all the other character are victimized by her, everybody hates her, everybody hates Cote, TPTB will write Ziva off because YOU say so… Reality check time, anyone?

• sophie says:

Hahaha! This, SO MUCH! :D

• as524 says:

Obviously Gaara you’ve got issues with reading what I wrote…I said I HOPE they write her off – big difference from what you claim. Ziva is a useless character who reacts with either snark, sex kitten poses or a wobbly lip. She has violent tendencies & history – which can NOT be blamed on Eli no matter what her fans try to say & she adds NOTHING to the show except to those fans who need to see a hot chick prancing around the set.

• astrid says:

I’ve got to agree with you Marla, Ziva is brilliant. Kudos to the writers for keeping it balanced as well. Yes there have been character driven episodes and story arcs but they always manage to bring the others back into the forefront unlike a lot of others shows. Reading some of the other posts I find myself asking if we are actually watching the same show? Ziva is a complex, multi-faceted character and Cote delivers her beautifully. It has been a long time coming but I am reallly enjoyoing the build up this season. The writer are handling it the right way too IMHO of course… it’s taken 7 seasons to get here I wouldn’t want them to screw it up by rushing it all in 2 or 3 episodes. Strong consistent writting and amazing performances by a great ensemble cast is what keeps me coming back week after week… GG I wouldn’t change a thing so don’t let them bully you into it either… but then I’m sure Ziva would back you up :)

• suzi says:

Well said, I agree completely.

• Thank you, Astrid, for your kind words. I really can’t wait to see what happens in Jan. and I know it’ll be good cause even Michael praises Cote’s talent and they’ve done such a marvelous job showing the deepening connection between Tony and Ziva. Is it Jan. 8 yet? :-)

• NotaZivaFan says:

what deepening connection? ziva only sees the tony that he shows. she has never bothered to look beneath the surface

• Stacey says:

No one has. Tony is a master at keeping it all behind a facade. Only Gibbs sees it. I think Ziva knows there is more to Tony. But just like it’s hard for her walls to crumble. It’s equally hard for Tony given his childhood issues with his father. And his womanizing ways, which has fallen as the years go by. We’re not seeing him going through woman as much anymore. Is it because of Ziva. Or because he wants to wait for the one… He knows his father has screwed him up. And yet he has a hard time talking about it. So it’s hard for the others to know, unless they are Gibbs.

35. Emma says:

I love Emma and Hook’s dynamic and am quite glad that the majority on here are rooting for these two like I am. Hook is NOT a villain, even the writers have stated that he’s essentially a dark hero. Kind of like Emma. There are choices she makes that don’t benefit anyone other than herself. The line between good and evil on this show is quite clear and with the way Hook has been presented he’s far from evil. Him and Emma have incredibly similar backstories, the writers are planting parallels in their interactions to Snow/Charmings and believe me these are getting really obvious and this is clearly a relationship the writers do plan on pursuing hence all these similarities and parallels to Snow Charming. Please do not insult me by just saying the only reason I want these two is because they’re hot together. Yes they have insane chemistry but I’m not a child. I see two broken people whom with the help of one another can become whole again together. There relationship is beautiful, they have a connection notified by everyone on the writing team as well s Colin and Jennifer and believe me I don’t forget Henry. I’m sure that given the chance Hook will love the boy, also don’t forget it’s Captain Hook. What little boy doesn’t ever dream of being a pirate. I would actually love an episode where Henry would sneak off and end up on The Jolly Rancher with Hook. So yeah I like them WAY more than just because “they’re hot”, sure it’s a bonus but it’s definitely not even in my top ten reasons why I like this couple.

• Nat says:

Okay, I get you guys love Hook and that’s fine, but all this ‚hero’ talk is making my skin itch. The guy is a murderer. He was willing to kill Belle too just because she couldn’t and didn’t want to help him. He was also willing to shed even more blood in the mere hope that the Evil Queen could help him kill Rumplestiltskin. That’s not being a dark hero. That’s being a villain. That doesn’t mean he is beyond redemption, but unless you want to call Rumplestiltskin and Regina dark heroes too let’s not pretend Hook is somehow different from those two. Because when comes down to how he acts, he surely is not. And deeds speak louder than words.

• Emma says:

Considering the writers were the ones that stated this I take their word with what they say about Hook. Plus did you ever think that maybe when he stormed into the castle was almost immediately AFTER Rumpel killed Milah? So he’s not thinking of anything but revenge on his mind. The Captain Hook that we saw in Tallahasee and The winter finale are not the same ones we saw in the flashback. Not only was he not going to leave Emma up in the beanstalk, which even Emma KNEW he wouldn’t, he also saved Aurora’s heart, he also did not kill Emma in the swordfight, which believe me if he wanted to he could have in a heartbeat. There were about 30 shots where he could have just killed her but he didn’t.

• Nat says:

No, the Evil Queen and Hook scenes in Queen of Hearts took place many, many years after Milah died. Centuries, possibly. The Queen of Hearts scenes took place shortly before Regina cast the curse (we even saw the curse hit fairytale land in this episode), Milah fell in love with Hook before Rumplestiltskin became the Dark One and when he killed her only a few years could have passed. According to the writers, Rumplestiltskin is centuries old and lived such a long life without aging because of his curse. We also saw where Hook went immediately after Milah died – Neverland. Where he didn’t age.

And this adds to my point. If Hook can spent centuries in Neverland plotting his revenge on Rumple and still be called a hero, shouldn’t the same be true for Rumple or Regina? They all have their redeeming moments and qualities and I don’t think I need to list them for Rumple and Regina. So, again, if you insist on calling Hook a hero, the same should be true for the other two. It’s the thought that Hook is somehow more of a hero, a better person than the Rumplestiltskin and Regina that I can’t accept. Not because I like the other two so much. But because everyone should be held to the same standarts.

• JJ says:

Hah, I’d take dark hero Queen Regina and White Knight Emma over any other villain/hero pairing on OUAT in a heartbeat! ;)

• Britta says:

Captain Swan is essentially the hetero form of Swan Queen,lol. Except they actually have a big chance unlike Swan Queen which sucks. I support both pairings though.

• Nat says:

LOL! I like the snark filled banter between Emma and Regina. It’s a great dynamic.

• markito says:

Heroes do not punch women. Hook is abusive…not a hero.

36. Green says:

Emma/Hook there’s no connection. He is only after revenge

• Jenn says:

Maybe to you there isn’t but the writers and the actors portraying the characters have stated that there is a connection and even characters on the show see it. Like Cora and Snow, hence why every single time Hook and Emma have interacted in the presence of Snow, there is always a cut back to Snow looking between the two of them. Cora’s line was not necessary if it wasn’t for nothing either.

37. Templar says:

Isn’t there any gossip out there about when we’re going to see August or Neal again?

38. Jean says:

I’m so looking forward to Castle’s daddy story. Hope they do it right. Also can’t wait to see more Emma with Hook. Those 2 are sexy together.

39. Kathi says:

I am very excited about the Ziva arc – she is the most interesting character on the show and I can’t wait to see how the rest of the season goes for her. Happy to see her and Tony progressing.

40. Megan says:

Love Ziva! I am not thrilled with Eli coming back, because bad things do tend happen when he is around – but, going to trust Gary Glasberg on this – he hasn’t let me down yet. Now the only other thing this season needs is for Tiva to happen.

41. Billie says:

If anybody gets too much screen time on this show – it’s Tony. I don’t get the so called fascination with this character. I haven’t liked him from the beginning and I have seen every episode. Sure, the Tiva dynamic is somewhat interesting, but it’s not enough to save the character for me. Boring.

42. Avis says:

Ziva is most beautiful character on TV. I like her best.

• a spot of tea says:

Ziva was better as far as character and looks when she first came on the show. Now it’s nothing but sex kitten looks & poses.

43. onestepshortofcrazy says:

I’m sick of the double standard where Hook is concerned. Regina and Rumple have done just as bad – even worse than – anything we’ve seen Hook do, yet he is labeled an unredeemable monster and Rumple and Regina are fan favorites who people applaud and cheer for and are allowed to make that movement to the “good side” without the blink of an eye. I think Hook is headed for the same redemptive path and Emma is going to play a big part in that arc.

Don’t get me started with Neal and August, either. Couldn’t have either of them come up with a way for Neal to leave Emma that DIDN’T end with her being arrested? Seriously? And, for people that are backing Neal and Emma – is he really all that much better than Hook? Would he really make that much better a role model for Henry? Really?

Oh and, as to the whole “Hook ruined Baelfire’s home” argument – Milah left of her own accord. She wasn’t kidnapped, she made her own decision and left on her own. The decision tormented her, but it was hers to make and she admits it. And Rumple killed her for it.

Long story short – I’m all for Hook and Emma getting together. Captain Swan all the way!

• Nat says:

Neal was a thief, but as far as we know he’s not a murderer hellbent on revenge and even more bloodshed. I don’t even like the guy and certainly don’t want him with Emma, but there is clearly a difference between him and Hook.

• Jenn says:

I couldn’t agree with you more on everything you said. :D

44. Sherri says:

Yay! Ziva rocks. I personally like the Ziva angst. Bring it on. Cote can pull it off. And for those few fans who want her gone – ain’t gonna happen – she’s too popular, the fans love her, and more importantly TPTB love her (that’s why she gets so much screen time). She is the #3 on the show after Harmon and Weatherly.

• Mossberg says:

the only one who want her gone are the Tibbs shippers because she messes with their subtext of Gibbs and Tony having a romance.

• as524 says:

Now that’s a crock of crap….more no romance fans want ziva gone than anyone else. Most of the fans who used to FANON ship G/D don’t even watch the show anymore. The constant focus on the tragedies of ziva drove them away.

• Tory says:

Sorry but that’s bull! I don’t like Ziva because her character has been destroyed beyond belief. I can’t stand the Tiva nonsense because,a) the characters have so little in common, b) the actors have very little chemistry, c) Cote de Pablo is a mediocre actress that makes every scene fall flat, and d) the romance will sound the death knell of the show.

• estefania says:

what’s happening with you, cote is wonderful , beautiful , smart actress and she has great voice, maybe you aren’t watching the same show, but I don’t like the words that used for saying, andall haters of ziva used so bad vocabulary or don’t know more, because…please

• Sadbuttrue says:

While we’ve all seen Ziva’s sex kitten and super ninja poses, her famous wobbly lip in response to this weeks tragedy, and her bored or angry demeanor which she uses for everything else, this seems to be her bag of tricks. I guess that’s why everything that features her is either a ninja, tragic, or being smug or nasty to Tony moment. This season they’ve added Ziva as everyone’s BFF and wise counsel, but it’s overly used, overly contrived and unconvincing. If they want to feature her so badly, why not just give her, her own show. That way the rest of us could get back to the NCIS that featured a fun cast of skilled quirky characters who worked as a team to solve crimes.

• Gaara says:

Wow, what a nice bunch of sockpuppets we have here… Or do you all share the same mind? You should try to expand your vocabulary so you can come up with new words to describe your sad envy towards Ziva/Cote :)

• as524 says:

ahhh estefania you are so predictable. Every post about ziva/cote says the same thing. Guess what? Not everyone sees her the way you do so don’t know why you have to go down the road of criticizing/questioning someone who has a different opinion than you. It’s what is so funny yet predictable about tiva/ziva/mote fans. They try on twitter to be the ‘real true fans’ to the show & publicist accounts then they turn on the nasty everywhere else.
            Ziva is a LAME character who has been reinvented several times because she doesn’t work on the show unless she’s the ninja, sex kitten & now everyone’s BFF. It’s nauseating to see the reinventions because invariably they smack against previously established canon, which is kind of funny too since people who promote the show on the web like to claim that they are oh so careful with keeping to canon.
            If Ziva’s portrayer is going to have any window to cash in on the show’s success (thanks to MH & MW) then she needs to leave the show now while she has a chance to get other projects. Unless she aspires to do television novellas since she really doesn’t have the range or ability to pull off anything like what MH has done in his career.

• Tory says:

Sweetie….I don’t understand a word of what you are saying. Are you expressing a belief that my comments are improperly stated? Are you suggesting that I have used English incorrectly?

Let me reiterate: Cote de Pablo is not a very good actress. If she were, she would have other offers that meant some real publicity. She sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the excellent and often under recognized talents of Harmon, Weatherly, McCallum, and so on.

Her character has been turned into a Mary Sue. Where once Ziva’s character was intriguing and kick ass, she has now become whiny, bossy, needy, and boring.

Oh, and the wonderful voice that you mentioned? I’m pretty sure that NCIS isn’t a musical. Perhaps you have it confused with Glee.

• Shazz says:

Indeed, she is!! The leading female actress deserves ALL the love she clearly gets!! Harmon & Weatherly wouldn’t have it any other way – Trust me!!! :D

• as524 says:

honestly the teen actress from Gone pulled off angst better than the ziva character

45. Gus says:

Put Tony and Ziva together already. For the love of god, think about all the glorious Tiva sex we’re missing. Damn you, TPTB. DAMN YOU!

46. rita says:

Neal is better than Hook. At least Neal not punch women. And then Neal is the real , true Henry’s father.
    Neal is not aggressive nor vindictive. He may have been a thief, but not abusive.
    When you have someone in the family who has suffered abuse, maybe you can understand how horrible a man who hits women.

• as524 says:

GG has far too many fans, to lose if he pursues, a T & Z romance….Ziva fans have convinced themselves, incorrectly, that those against the romance, are few.

47. Trish says:

I wish Ziva would drive away a few fans. Ziva’s not going anywhere, but hopefully they will.

48. Artemis says:

Can we move on from Neal and Sara already? They have no chemistry together, and outside from her really boring interactions with Neal, Sara has no purpose on the show. Bring back Alex or introduce a love interest worth watching. Please.

49. Amelia says:

Make Sara a regular again in White Collar S5, PLEASE. She has the most chemistry with Neal by far (Alex is so irrelevant and Kate is clearly gone for good, Sophia was so dull and Maya isn’t coming back, so….) and her character is SUCH a bad ass. She and Neal make a perfect couple and I’m still waiting for them to “be good together” in the future. Fingers crossed for fireworks!

50. Sandra says:

Loving white collar this season. I can’t wait until it returns. I still don’t really care much about Sara, but I am glad she has not been around much this season. The Neal and his father storyline is interesting.