Exclusive: American Dreams Reunion at ATX Festival – Which of Your Faves Will Be There?

Get More: Exclusive, News

American Dreams SpoilersThis summer’s 2nd Annual ATX Festival is setting the stage for many a TV reunion, including the late, great American Dreams — but will your favorite Pryors be there?

TVLine has learned exclusively which actors, writers and producers behind the acclaimed ’60s-set drama are headed to Austin in June — and rest assured, you will not be disappointed.

But before we reveal the Dream-y panelists (Spoiler Alert: Brittany Snow!), here’s a quick recap on what ATX is all about: Launched last summer by two entertainment biz vets — and TV-loving gals – Caitlin McFarland and Emily Gipson, the weekend-long event celebrates great television: past, present and future. In addition to typical festival fodder like screenings and Q&As, ATX provides a forum in which attendees can interact with the industry folks — of both the on-screen and behind-the-scenes varieties — they admire most, like the American Dreams team.

RELATED | Brittany Snow Talks Romantic Ben and Kate Arc

Most of the Pryor clan will take part in the much-anticipated panel, including Dreams’ aforementioned leading lady Snow (Meg), Parenthood‘s Sarah Ramos (Patty), Tom Verica (Jack), Ethan Dampf (Will) and Rachel Boston (Beth). Friends of the fictional family will be in tow as well, with Glee‘s Vanessa Lengies (Roxanne), Arlen Escarpeta (Sam) and Jamie Elman (Luke) all confirmed to appear.

Creator Jonathan Prince also will be on hand to reminisce about the series, along with Dreams writer/producers Liz Tigelaar (Life Unexpected), David Semel (House), Becky Hartman Edwards (Switched at Birth), Jason Wilborn (Brothers & Sisters) and Rama Stagner (Army Wives).

RELATED | Parenthood‘s Winter Finale: Who Got a Christmas Miracle? Who Suffered Major Heartbreak?

Additional cast members will be added to the roster as the festival nears, so participation from Will Estes (JJ) and Gail O’Grady (Helen), to name a few, is still a possibility.

Tickets for the bound-to-be epic weekend (June 6-9) can be purchased now at the official ATX site. There’s also still time to enter the festival’s inaugural Pitch Competition, in which you can share your brilliant ideas for a new series with the likes of Bill Lawrence (Scrubs, Cougar Town), Tigelaar and Kyle Killen (Awake).

Will you attend the 2013 ATX Festival? Hit the comments!

Comments (14)

• I would love it more if Milo Ventimiglia (Chris Pierce) showed up!

Comment by Sarah – December 13, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this mean there’s hope for season 2 and 3 on DVD?

Comment by Jilly – December 13, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *crosses fingers*

Comment by Thea – December 13, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I forgot how much I loved this show! Thanks for the reminder tvline!

Comment by Jessica – December 13, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No JJ?? Where’s Will Estes?

Comment by Sarah – December 13, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JJ was my favorite character from that show.

Comment by LALA – December 13, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this makes me wanna go youtube old show clips! I loved Beth and JJ!

Comment by Nicole – December 13, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show was cancelled way too soon…SOP for NBC.

Comment by Linderella – December 13, 2012 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man, I really miss this show! I still want to see the alternate ending they filmed but never showed. Anyone attending the ATX Festival willing to ask Jonathan Prince about this?

Comment by Di – December 13, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please just release the seasons on DVD already. I have worn out my season one. I would like the opportunity to see seasons 2&3 whenever I want

Comment by Jessica – December 13, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes yes yes on both comments….
      Please somebody, please release session 2 & 3 on DVD.
      This show ended WAY too sooooon! Was a Great cast!!!!

Comment by Teresa – July 13, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • American Dreams will always be one of my favorite shows ever. So good and ended before its time. I would love to go to the festival just for this panel.

Comment by Nicole, MA, NLIT (@keylimepie78) – December 13, 2012 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope this is good news for seasons 2 and 3 on DVD!!

I miss this show so much.

Comment by Jen – December 13, 2012 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish I could go! I didn’t watch until the 3rd season, but I loved it. (I actually found seasons 2 and 3 on DVD somewhere online a few years ago. Shhh! I’d still buy them if they came out officially though.) It was a truly well-written, underrated show that actually had some meaning. There were many moments that were really powerful. I always wished it could have lasted until they got into 1968 and ended with RFK’s death, or even MLK’s, since it started with JFK’s. I’m kind of obsessed with the ’60s, and I think American Dreams had a big part in that. Hopefully the panel will be recorded and posted online or a bonus on the DVDs I’m still hoping will be released someday.

Comment by Lindsey – December 14, 2012 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post