Will Fringe Make a Bald Move? Did a Gossip Girl Get Amnesia? Best New Comedy? And More Qs!

Fringe Josh Jackson Anna TorvWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Gossip Girl, The Voice, Bones and Hart of Dixie!

1 | How, how, how is General Hospital‘s Anna not choking on cigarillo breath from Faison every time she kisses “Duke”?

2 | So… bald Joshua Jackson by the Fringe series finale, yathink?

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on NCIS, Grey’s, Army Wives, Glee, Revenge, Shameless and More!

3 | While we applaud Saturday Night Live‘s integration of the three female newbies, did it have to come at the cost of a somewhat-marginalized Vanessa Bayer?

4 | Speaking of SNL, is anyone able to watch Homeland scenes featuring hand-wringing Dana or Carrie’s unflinching defender Saul without recalling the sketch series’ recent send-up of same? And how much did you cringe during that scene in Sunday’s episode? You know (Oh! Oh! Ohhhh!) the one.

5 | Was Dexter channeling its inner Revenge with that episode-ending, voiceover-led, slo-mo scan on each and every character? The whole thing screamed Emily Thorne.

RELATED | Madeleine Stowe on Revenge‘s Rising Death Toll and the Initiative’s Big Plan

6 | Did you figure out who was on the other line of The Walking Dead‘s phone line waaaaay before Rick did? And how jarring (in a good way) was it to see a Sarah Silverman morph from raunchy comedienne to passionate fan girl on The Talking Dead?

7 | Why can’t The Good Wife‘s Cary catch a break? When he finally gets a meaty story, it’s so his dad can break his heart! And for that, he gets rewarded with a beating from one of Nick’s goons?! And yes, it’s the big showy scenes that win Emmys, but has Julianna Margulies had a more breathtaking highlight this season than the sublimely tense moment where she held steady in calling for Judd Hirsch’s loose cannon judge to recuse himself from a murder case?

Gossip Girl Blake Lively Penn Badgley8 | Did Gossip Girl‘s Serena get amnesia? What happened to her love for Steven? He didn’t even warrant a second thought before she jumped into bed with Dan? And is anyone on this show still going to college?

9 | Bones hooked up Cam and squintern Arastoo?! Were you as shocked as we were?

10 | A Revolution rumination: Would a tunnel full of oxygen really be depleted that quickly by a small group of people and a couple torches? Also: Raise your hand if the Led Zeppelin soundtrack had you flashing back to your “hazy” college days….

RELATED | NBC Boss Previews the Plan to Relaunch Revolution After Four-Month Break

11 | Did Anthony Denison’s Castle drop-by elicit memories of his Wiseguy origins?

12 | Is the best thing about the new Smash trailer A) no Ellis, B) no Leo or C) no Frank?

13 | While we completely supported The Voice‘s Trevin Hunte shaking up his all-ballads set list, wouldn’t it have been nice if Cee Lo had gone beyond his role of naysayer and actually helped his protege select something more unusual and more vocally fitting than Usher’s “Scream”?

14 | Will Hart of Dixie‘s Wade and Zoe ditch this whole casual bed buddies thing and make it official already? Clearly, that black-and-white cookie gesture sealed the deal.

Go On Matthew Perry Lauren Graham15 | Now that we’re a couple months into the season, can we agree that Go On is actually the fall’s most promising new comedy? And was Matthew Perry’s terrific chemistry with Lauren Graham this week (almost) enough to make you wish she could ditch Parenthood?

PHOTOS | Subtle Sexuality Reunites! Mindy Project Lands The Office‘s Ellie Kemper for Christmas Episode

16 | After that hilariously dark Don’t Trust the B… Thanksgiving episode, can Michael Landes pop up a few more times this season as Chloe’s dad/June’s illicit lover?

17 | Can we establish a new rule in Sons of Anarchy‘s Charming? “No retaliation killings unless you have solid intel on exactly who attacked your guy.” (We’re looking at you this time, Nero.)

18 | So, Parenthood…. Couldn’t Julia have taken Sydney skating while Joel went with Victor? And can’t Max play his ridiculously noisy, violent videogames in a room the crying baby isn’t in? Drum up drama, yes, but don’t skirt easy solutions.

X Factor Simon Khloe19 | When The X Factor‘s Khloe Kardashian joked that Ryan Seacrest told her it makes Simon Cowell uncomfortable when you sit on his lap, was she aware of the homosexual subtext? Or was this yet another one of her clueless miscues?

20 | Matt Lauer mispronouncing the Gershwin classic “‘S Wonderful” as “Ess Wonderful” during the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade – the final nail in his Today coffin?

PHOTOS | Glee: Quinn Once Again Rules the School, Sizes Up Hissy Kitty

21 | Was anything as randomly LOL as Glee‘s “Blam!” and “Slaine!” superhero “sound effects”? A slash fic writers dream come true, really.

22 | During Food Network’s Thanksgiving Live, what was more we-think-they’re-joking-but-maybe-not delicious: Giada Delaurentiis’ jab at host Alton Brown’s baldness or his retort about her alleged weave?

23 | Was that girl during the Redskins-Cowboys game halftime show supposed to jump onstage with Kenny Chesney? If not, kudos to the country crooner for playing it off so well. Speaking of holiday football, did Jets QB Mark Sanchez give new meaning to the term “butt of a joke”?

24 | If we admit to tearing up while watching Lifetime Christmas movies like Matchmaker Santa and A Boyfriend for Christmas, will you promise not to tell anyone?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

1. Kyle says:

No. 4 LOLs mte! wasnt sure if that was real homeland or snl homeland in that scene…

2. Does anyone still care about the latest events on and episodes of Gossip Girl? I’ve been loyal to the show from the beginning, even though I always considered it a guilty pleasure.

But by early S5 the air had totally left the balloon. The show shares the same fate as Heroes. Great start but then dropped dramatically and became more ridiculous by every season.

I haven’t watched the recent episodes yet but does a Derena hoock-up really come suprising? I mean wasn’t it obvious by mid-season 1 that the show would end with Derena and Chair?

3. Aprilcot26 says:

YES on #3 Vanessa Bayer! I really like her when she is actually given something to do (Fox & Friends, Miles Cyrus show). I love that we’re now seeing more from the ladies than just Kristen Wiig every week, but give the woman some material!

4. rush says:

in regards to question 15 YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!

5. Tedi says:

No. 12 – NO ELLIS!!!!!!!!! :D

6. Ari says:

#8 this is Serena’s MO. How long has she ever waited to get over “the love of her life Dan, er, wait no Nate, no Tripp, no wait wait the teacher.” before jumping in bed with the next guy? Some things never change.

#15 YES! Ever since they LARPed behind the google maps truck (which may have been the first episode) I’ve been in love with Go On. The best new comedy of the season BY FAR.

#18 Is Parenthood the best drama on network tv right now? Yes. I was glad to see Julia and Joel get some major screen time this week. So I don’t even care how unrealistic that storyline was.

7. cat says:

Regarding question #2, I can unequivocally tell you the answer is NO.

8. niks says:

He/She “didn’t even warrant a second thought before he/she jumped into bed with” insert name. That’s pretty much all that happens on Gossip Girl. Don’t expect them to ditch their recurring them on the death bed.

9. zxc123 says:

#15: Absolutely. Go on is not only a pleasure to watch. It’s LOL funny, entertaining and touching at the same time. And during the last episode I was calculating how many seasons of Parenthood I want compared to how bad I want to see a full-fledged romance between Lauren Graham and Matthew Perry on the show.

10. Anne says:

Regarding #6, I disagree. I was terribly embarrassed for the host of The Talking Dead having to navigate around her inane answers this episode . I don’t think Sarah Silverman is even a fan of the show the way she was talking. Maybe it was her style of comedy but it was really off-putting to me when I just want an intelligent conversation on what had happened on the show. I hope AMC never has her on the show again because it was the worst episode I had seen.

11. ashley says:

9. I saw that coming the minute I read her new boyfriend was someone we’d before.
    15. Go On is amazing. I thought I’d fall off the couch I was laughing so hard during the Brady bunch bit!

• Anne says:

Didn’t see that one coming at all, I was so sure it was going to be that actor from the Hollywood episode Cam had been in a movie with.

12. Nick says:

Agree with Go On, the only other comedy that could come close is The New Normal(even though I like The Neighbors, it’s far from being the best comedy)

13. Lucy says:

7. Yeah. And why every time Cary starts to get meaty material do those writers suck him into Kalinda’s storylines (with no real purpose for Cary’s development or Cary/Kalinda development)?

• Dee says:

I know one thing…..Matt Czuchry handles every scene with excellence. Even the beating scene was so believable…it really looked like Cary was getting beaten to death. Cary is a terrfic character played by one helluva actor. I do agree that he should have his own storylines though. Cary should always be friends with Kalinda and the others but he deserves his own personal life on the show.

• Lucy says:

I agree about Matt Czuchry being absolutely excellent. Cary’s reactions to Nick’s gay test almost made up for that pointless character and storyline. But Matt Czuchry deserves more than just being involved in a storyline that everyone hate and that won’t give him any good exposure even if he’ll handle every scene with excellence, because viewers and critics are fed up with that storyline and I’m not sure those writers will be able to improve things.

14. 9 | Bones hooked up Cam and squintern Arastoo?! Were you as shocked as we were?

Yes! There was no way to guess Arastoo of all people.

• B says:

I agree. I was sure it would be Clark that she hooked up with, at least judging from the season premiere. This is fun, too, though. Arastoo is a cool character.

• Eliza says:

Clark is gay, so that ruled him out. I couldn’t imagine her with the young one (I forget his name) that dates her daughter. Nor could I imagine her with the blase, depressive one lol. She actually makes sense with Arastoo. :)

• Rosie says:

Clark isn’t gay. They have shown with a girlfriend at least twice in past seasons. She was a women’s studies professor at Georgetown and then the Valentine’s Day episode a couple of years ago.

15. Connie says:

#11 Anthony Denison will always be Ray Luca to me.

16. Ariadna Oller Mitjanas says:

#12 D) ALL OF THE ABOVE

17. Brandy says:

14 please no, Zoe dump Wade and get with George already!
    8.Have you watched the watched the show?Serena waits 2 seconds after a breakup to get with the next new guy or realize she still loves Dan.

18. amzmiq says:

18-Um, have you met Sydney?

19. Lauren says:

I completely agree with #3. I am missing Vanessa this season I wish she wasn’t so underused.

20. Kristina says:

8-I’m pretty sure it’s the writers that have amnesia :/

21. cjeffery7 says:

2 – NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! but probably yes.
    3 – i’ve been thinking the same for the last 5 episodes…
    9 – surprised? to say the least. frankly, i’m a little weirded out. cam was always like a mother to all those squinterns… w/e. i’ll get over it.

22. GeoDiva says:

24: these are my guilty pleasure!

23. Carrie says:

#10 *raises hand* ;)

24. em says:

12. Definitely A).
    15. Go On has gradually become one of my go-to comedies each week. CONSISTENTLY funny, sweet and charming.
    16. Speaking of go-to comedies, Apt 23 was great this week. I would love to see more of Chloe’s entire family.

25. Tricia says:

I hate to be THAT person but, “Matchmaker Santa” is a Hallmark Channel movie, Hallmark’s cheesy Christmas movies are, like, 100 times better than Lifetime’s. And if you can promise not to tell anyone that I have such a passionate opinion on the matter, I won’t tell your secret either.

• jackie says:

agreed….Hallmark cheesy Christmas movies are a million times better than Lifetime’s….case in point, Holiday High School Reunion. How they got Marilu Henner, Harry Hamlin, and the lovely Rachel Boston to agree to that schlock is beyond me! It’s so bad, I can’t even find it on IMDB, and it’s been over a week since I saw it. I still watched it through to the end though.

• jules says:

Oh it was awful. I fell asleep the first time and then tried again and wish I got the time back. Awful awful. Not awful….Naughty or Nice with Hilarie Burton. Cheesy? Yes but a good cheesy.

26. Mark says:

Gossip Girl is like the dumbest show ever. There’s nothing to reveal, we all know how it ends. No surprises and no logic at all. The characters end where they began, with they first loves, no growth, no change. That’s sad, because this show used to be decent.

27. Meg says:

8. She was always in love with Dan- but anyways Steven is coming back in 6.08 so we’ll have to see then!

28. Alyssa says:

11. Can Anthony Denison’s character please turn out to be Castle’s father? PLEASE???

29. Sara says:

#4…I felt ashamed for Saul to hear that with everyone else, considering how hard he championed for her

30. Leigh says:

8. I’m a Gossip Girl fan from the start & am uber excited about the final wrap-up, especially regarding Chuck & Blair! We EARNED our CHAIRYTALE ending 1,000X over! As for Dan/Serena, I’ve never been a fan of their pairing, but always knew it would come full circle in the end. Honestly, it did not surprise me that DS jumped into the sack 1 epi. after S’s aborted engagement 2 Steven. That is a pattern for both characters. Dan has become so supremely unlikeable & hypocritical over the course of the show. Even S acknowledged that fact earlier in the same epi. (6.06) in which DS end up in bed by the end. I am really intrigued 2 see if the show can manage 2 redeem D enough to make him suitable for ANYONE-even S! Personally, I doubt it! But, then again, D & S have never been fave characters of mine. For the sake of their fans, I hope they do. I must agree 1000% RE: the college query! It would be nice 2 know if ANY of them are actual college graduates, but I’m NOT holding my breathe!!

31. LH says:

#8- GG: In the end, it’s ALL about our CHAIR HAPPY ENDING!!! Chuck&Blair have always been the draw & OTP and the reason fans have stuck w/the show despite ridiculous & disastrously OOC story arcs (ie. Most of Season 5: Blair marrying Prince Louis, Dsaster, Blair’s pact w/God). Such story arcs & OOC writing have damaged the franchise & drove many viewers off beginning w/Safran’s agenda in late S3!! It’s such a shame that he decimated the show & its viewership 2 push an agenda that only a handful of fans favored & EPICALLY FAILED!!! However, in the end, true love is the VICTOR-as we ALWAYS knew it would be!! CHUCK AND BLAIR BASS: VICTOR VICTORIOUS!!! I could care less about D&S, but given that they are the only other main GG couple besides CHAIR, it makes sense. The college barb is hilarious & will likely go unanswered, but would be great FYI to know! #2- Fringe: I could definitely see that possibility given Peter’s increasingly observer-y behavior.

32. Susan says:

Go On is amazing and (almost because nothing can compare really) fills the Community-shaped hole left in my heart

33. LH says:

#2- Fringe: I cannot shake the sense of foreboding I have that either Walter and/or Olivia will have to kill Observer-y Peter to save the future/world as the series winds down!

34. kali says:

2. I think so too! Peter’s fallen lock of hair was foreboding on that front.

10. I thought the lack of oxygen in the tunnels had to do with a) the mine blast blocking off the source of fresh air with the cave-in and b) the fire from the explosion eating up much of the remaining oxygen.

35. Hojana says:

No. 8 – Better question to ask Team TVLine is why is that even worth asking? More to the point why are you surprised? This is the kind of idiocy these hacks called the show runners and writers release every week.

36. TK says:

My question is why Castle didn’t just use the emergency call button on the phone? It’s there when the phone is locked for just such an emery and it actually says emergency call.

• justanotherfan says:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing while watching this episode. You don’t need to unlock a phone for an emergency call, just like they would’nt have needed money for the payphone :P

Also, between Castle and Beckett you would think one of them knows how to hotwire a car, right?

37. Jon says:

Sorry, but you must be the only one who saw any chemistry between Graham and Perry on Go On. I witnessed “acting” but absolutely no “chemistry” or “heat” between the two actors.

38. mindbender says:

#2 I bet one of the Observers we have seen throughout the series is going to turn out to be Peter! I don’t remember the name of the one that was trying to help them (the one that was shot, and told Olivia that she must die), but I think that is going to be Peter.

• M3rc Nate says:

Lol they go bald, they dont morph their faces/bodies into other people. His name was September.

I am SUPER curious to see how Fringe plays out with Peter, if he will be the first Observer or will get saved (by removing the tech from his head) or if the young observer is the first Observer or what. So many options, so many theories. We still arent sure if they succeed in their plan, will that just remove the Observers, and they will still be in the “future” and the world still be trashed. Or will it get rid of them in the whole time-line so they would have never Observed our earth to begin with, so September wouldnt have existed to save Peter at the lake…and September wouldnt have interrupted Walternate when he was trying to find the cure so Walter would have never needed to cross over to save Peter.

SO many possibilities…i am soooooooooo excited and curious to see how they decide to end it. Iv said before though, i pray they end it with Peter and Olivia still together somehow. But i fear they wont. They were destined to be together to save the universe…but if the timeline is fully repaired, Observers removed…no need for the universe to be saved, so no need for a destined love.

39. Alyssa says:

#8-THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who realized college just disappeared from the show

40. Naazneen says:

Lifetime movies… Totally. LOL

41. dude says:

15: I wouldn’t say any of the new comedies are that strong but if I had to pick one, I’d give it to The Mindy Project.

42. nick1372 says:

10. It’s definitely not enought to use up the aur in a whole subway. Sigh. That’s Revolution for you. It’s hard to believe that an executive producer of this show (JJ Abrams) also executive-produced (or produces) masterpieces like Alcatraz, Person of Interest, Fringe, and Lost.
    15. Go On is very promising, but it’s not the best this fall. The 4 best are:
    (4) Malibu Country
    (3) Ben & Kate
    (2) Go On
    (1) The New Normal

43. Jennifer says:

So glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed Matt Lauer looking like a dumbass.

44. Ram510 says:

#15 – Go On is hands down the best new comedy this season. It’s a great fill in for Community and Cougar Town, especially since Happy Endings has been horrible this season. Go On has defiantly made it to must see TV status now

45. emma says:

You’re wasting your time if you try to explain Gossip Girl’s logic, it has none!

46. MK says:

#1 – or how she doesn’t realize she’s kissing a latex mask?! Fingers crossed she actually knows all of this already and she is just playing along to get in closer.

47. Ram510 says:

#15 – Has anybody else noticed that the blind guy on Go On has been missing the past couple episodes

48. Julio says:

25. Was there anything more forced and ridiculous than pop music DJ Carson Daly trying to dis “Gangham Style” on “The Voice,” complete with acting like he didn’t know how to pronounce the name of the song?

49. bobbie says:

go on, really?

50. jules says:

#2: hopefully not but probably yes. I’m hoping that defeating the observers starts them over before the invasion but when they already have Etta. Or at least when she’s pregnant with Etta.