Hot Shots: Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Cast Photos

Better late than never, ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy has released its official cast photos for Season 9 — the first batch in a while to not include the dearly departed Mark and Lexie aka Eric Dane and Chyler Leigh.

There’s also a shiny-new group portrait; click this thumbnail survey the full-size version:

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Boss Promises ‘Sexy, Fun and Romance-y’ Comeback For Callie and Arizona

Conversation starters: Has Sarah Drew ever looked better? Who else “scrubs” up especially well? And who owns the sneaker concession at Seattle Grace?

1. I am so happy to see them all in their dark blue scrubs.
    And is it just me or does James Pickens Jr look younger each year?

2. somnio says:

I dont understand why Keppner is back and even less why she is back as an attending?

3. Shouldn’t Arizona have been one of the sitting?

4. Kelly says:

They all look so nice. Great photos.

5. Amanda says:

Sarah Drew looks gorgeous.

6. Jark says:

That makes me miss “Mark” aka Eric Dane even more :'(

7. Tia says:

Ellen Pompeo looks gorgeous! That smile is precious.

8. Maggie says:

thank goodness it looks like Jesse WIlliams got a haircut! love him, not digging the longer hair on the show though…

9. Lucía says:

Miss lexie and Mark… not so interested in the show without them.

10. Every year their cast photos are exactly the same. They need a new creative director. Also, why does Arizona have two legs?

11. marge says:

Cute. I think Mer and April should’ve had their lab coats off as well – to break the picture up more.
    It’s weird not seeing Eric Dane there.
    My favorite cast pic is still the one where they’re all dressed up.

12. Jessica says:

Finally the cast fit into the group picture lol. Looking forward for this season.

13. Ben says:

What ? They didn’t really cut Jessica Capshaw leg ? ^^

14. Ana says:

This is a seriously good looking cast. And the diversity is pretty outstanding. James Pickens is looking very dapper. Patrick is dreamy as every. Sarah Drew is just so pretty. And Jesse’s eyes should be illegal. He’s just so hot. But he really needs to keep his hair short. I’m not liking the way he’s looking without his face hair and too much hair on his head.

• elr says:

I totally agree with all you said. Sarah Drew is very pretty and I want her hair, but I think Sara Ramirez needs to cut her hair again. I think she is much sexier with the shorter locks.

15. Lea says:

Glad the pics are finally here. Ellen is so gorgeous. Patrick and Justin are too hot!!

16. Lola says:

Sarah DOES look amazing. Gosh. I really like the actress herself, even when her character is being annoying. I sure do miss Mark and Lexie, though. Not sure I can bring myself to watch without them.

17. Ryaneco says:

At least the cast fits into the shot. With less characters to include this season should be strong!

18. Jamie says:

Good to see Jesse Williams with the shorter hair and the facial scruff. Ellen Pompeo is adorable. Everyone looks great, but Sarah Drew definitely stands out. She’s gorgeous, and it’s absolutely true that she’s never looked better.

19. hello says:

No Lexie makes this show pointless

20. rs says:

Great pics, just wish April would have left instead of Mark!

21. Martin says:

I Couldn’t of helped staring at Jessica Capshaws legs for notice of fake leg.

22. Isaac says:

Hm…. Why is April wearing navy scrubs? Other then that, LOVE IT!

23. linsie says:

Is it me or the way that Ellen is standing makes her look pregnant!?

• Olivia says:

I said it in another article, it’s very cliché but Mar and Der should totaly have a boy named Mark Alexander Grey Sheperd (aka Mark Sheperd)

24. Mari says:

why is kepner in navy scrubs???? why are yang, karev, and avery not in coats in the group shot??? why does arizona have her leg???? Love the pics… just my internal questions….

25. Olivia says:

And yet, nobody commented on Cristina wearing blue scrubs….that means she’ll be back at SGMW, right?

26. Amanda says:

Those pictures are full of photoshop… And the picture of group is so dark, I expected a better photoshot this time. Dont like them, sorry.

• Marcy says:

Im totally agree. Ellen’s face without wrinkles lmao I can’t with this joke. They look younger that the first season, besides every Grey’s cast photoshot is always the same, nothing new.

27. Tracy says:

Ellen Pompeo is either really photoshopped or has had lots of Botox.

28. Keenan says:

Why are they in the basement? or possibly The Bronze from Buffy.

29. James says:

Ellen Pompeo looks stunning. really amazing. gorgeous. real doctor style photo. true lead picture. :)

30. Tiff says:

Like the photo. Really miss Chyler and Eric. Chyler was always so CUTE in the group photo. Will miss them so much. Chandra Wilson looks so pretty love her Hair.

31. LAR says:

Even though I will dearly miss Lexie and Sloan, this cast needed to be reduced. I remember thinking in an episode last season that there were just way too many characters. I just wish they would have gotten rid of Kepner.

32. April says:

This was taken during last season, if you look closely JCap is still pregnant. She was just about due when they filmed the season finale earlier this year. Plus Jessie’s hair is still short.

33. Lauren says:

The group picture is too dark. Especially with the dark scrubs! Someone didn’t think that through. The individual pics look great though. I think Sandra Oh looks exceptionally good in her portrait.

34. Clover says:

Ellen P’s hair looks so much better like this, I literally stopped watching when it was always hanging in her face. Last season had me wandering back for curiosity’s sake. Jesse and Kevin are mega watt hot.

35. Liz says:

Well FINALLY new pictures for a new season of Grey’s! And look, they’re all in attending scrubs, aww!
    And yes, Ellen Pompeo looks beautiful.

36. yeppp says:

More years pass more they feel younger
    They are lucky lol

37. GA is not the same without Mark & Lexie :-(

38. my poop is the color grey when i read greys anatomy fansites says:

Why do you guys get so personal with this show ? Be fans not obsessed groupies! They are not real, im sorry maybe im too quiet . THEY ARE NOT REAL ONLY PRETEND TO BE DOCTORS! Look at me im so aggrivared by people makin shows into parts of there life im becoming an obsessed dousche about it. So i dont care what you say about me i know i just dont get it but in the end you kno im right and your obsessed groupies. P. S. I know my spelling is crappy im too lazy to fix it.