Glee: The 20 Best Moments of Season 3

Get More: Glee, Lists, Photo Gallery

The McKinley High seniors have their diplomas, but we’ll have to wait for fall to find out exactly where the future will take them (and how integral a part of the Glee universe they’ll continue to be).

With the show’s future direction still a little hazy, we thought it would be a good time to look back at the recently concluded third season and count down its 20 best moments. You know we’ll have New Directions’ Nationals performance and Karofsky’s pivotal scene from “On My Way,” but where will they rank, and what other Glee milestones will make the cut?

RELATED | Glee Season 4 Spoiler — Look Whose Brother is Headed to McKinley!

Click through the photo gallery below to find out, then hit the comments and tell us what we missed, where we got it right, and how you felt about Season 3 overall.

RELATED | Glee Cliffhanger — Is [Spoiler] Leaving the Show?

And for all my Glee recaps and commentary, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Tags: ,

Comments (437)

• Pretty much agree with 18 out of 20….but I would have changed the order quite a bit.

Comment by PFitzDC – June 5, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I would definitely drop #18 for multiple reasons alone.

Comment by GBz – June 5, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would have added Mercedes/Santana/Tina’s performance of Shake it Out somewhere on this list. It’s one of my favorite performances (and scenes) of the entire series.

Comment by Bryce – June 5, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Couldn’t agree more!

Comment by Radina – June 5, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i really liked shake it out, but i loved We are Young more because it was a group number and everyone have a participation on that one.

Comment by group number – June 5, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Totally Agree! We Are Young was such a great moment and great interpretation by the entire Glee Cast…. but where is Rachel’s “Without You” ?

Comment by Steve – June 16, 2012 08:32 AM PDT
        • except it was used in a stupid plot.

Comment by dew – June 5, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I loved their cover of Shake it out

Comment by sm – June 5, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yessssssss that should have been on there I agree completely

Comment by Juju – June 5, 2012 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Absolutely!!! Favorite song of the series.

Comment by Stef – June 6, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Mine too! I listen to it at least once a day :)

Comment by downtownbaby – June 6, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • yes! Agree!

Comment by Jessa – June 6, 2012 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • totally agree!!!!

Comment by nikki – June 6, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree

Comment by Kenneth – June 6, 2012 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mm yes. In my version, #18 does not go to Finn ripping off Greg Laswell while being a hugely insensitive, smug d-bag to Santana, but rather to the scene from the episode before where Santana slaps Finn in his insensitive, smug d-bag face.

Comment by grace2552 – June 6, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh please could the haters just give it a rest. The Finn Santana scenes were SUPPOSED to set up conflict, that is what make the show a drama. The resolution of it all was the Glee club giving Santana a show of support, you may not perceive it that way but I believe that was the intent. We get you didn’t like it but enough with all the hate directed at the actor, the insults on twitter to the actor and writers and on these sites. They are what give this fandom a bad name and stop people engaging in polite comment about the show. And ultimately, all this ensured that Santana’s storyline was curtailed which I don’t think is what you wanted. AS for the ripping off Greg Laswell, you can hardly blame that on a FICITONAL character.

Comment by Sarah – June 6, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Both Cory Monteith and Lea Michele need to be considered for Emmy nominations for their work in the last few episodes of the season and particularly the finale. They rescued the season for me and are the main reason I will go back in the fall to find out what happens to them. And I am guessing by the response I have seen that is true for most of the viewing public, rather than the small percentage of the audience who come on sites like this to bash ‘Finchel’.

Comment by Sarah – June 6, 2012 11:37 AM PDT
          • Ew. Finn is a d-bag. Fact.

Comment by Pitaz – June 7, 2012 02:52 AM PDT
          • I did get tired of time spent on Finnchel. It could have moved on. Saying farewell at the train station was a good way to end it. It couldn’t have been any other way. Cory has matured…his acting and singing. Thought maybe he’d had some lessons as of the final episode.
            My favorites are Kurt…love his sense of fashion. I know he doesn’t have a marketable voice but Kurt has matured…he’s come out of himself. Blaine has a lot to do with that.
            I would like to see future shows on Mercedes. I think she’s a jewel in the rough. I’m sure the black communities would like to see a storyline with her…I look forward to an album. I also wanted to see how Santana handles the loss of support from her grandmother. That moved on too quickly. I think Tina should have more face time next season. And her bf dancing!!!
            I also was never sure about Puck. His rogueish personna didn’t get the best of his acting. I loved the scene in the locker room with Beist…I was cheering both of them…I wanted to see Dot come back. This Russian or German he/she should have more exposure to her acting abilities.
            There’s been so much undertones of Shu leaving for the Big White Way. Is he or isn’t he? And I’m glad Emma has come out of herself with her OCD. I think she should have more face time…and even with Schu, who has had less character time as episodes moved on.
            I’d like to see more diversity. How about a Latino(a)? Not so much white.
            I have some rhetorical questions: What happened to the fat girl that was Puck’s gf? Why did she leave…not enough lines? And how about the Irish exchange student? He could have stayed til graduation.

Comment by Carol – June 7, 2012 02:08 PM PDT
    • Agreed with most of this list and it has a nice spread of episodes and characters. i would give an honourable mention to the scene where Finn finds out about his dad dying from a drugs overdose. It was so well played by all the actors and Cory Monteith was just terrific reflecting the shock and hurt in that situation. He has been so underappreciated, though I am glad he is being recognised, finally, for that cracking scene at the station which was rightly the number one for the season. Both he and Lea Michele killed it and there was pathos, shock and rawness to it.

Comment by SG – June 5, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Cory Monteith has provided some of the most emotionally engaging scenes this season, but is utterly unappreciated by Ryan Murphy. From the train station send-off (Lea Michele was also stellar) to the finding out about his father, the breakdown with Will in Glee-ver, the Kurt scene in Spanish Teacher to the ‘Finchel’. Had they stuck to the aim of really exploring post graduation fears this season instead of getting side-tracked by Glee Project, irrelevant guest stars they might have had a show rooted in something meaningful instead of having people give up on the show.

Comment by infom – June 7, 2012 01:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved Cooper and Blaine’s performance of “Somebody That I Used to Know”. It was very emotional and heartfelt.

Comment by Nancy – June 6, 2012 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They did “Edge of Glory” not “Born This Way” at Nationals.

Comment by orhan94 – June 5, 2012 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thanks, orhan! It’s on the darn Born This Way album, thus the brain freeze.

Comment by Michael Slezak – June 5, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i think it was Skylar Laine more than anything, no? :)

Comment by noa – June 5, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly? I could have done without all of the Rachel, Finn, and Will stuff. What about Sam’s return?

Comment by Parsy – June 5, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rachel is the only reason to still watch.

Comment by lom – June 5, 2012 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • pretty much…

Comment by W. Lawton – June 5, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Rachel is actually the reason I want to stop watching

Comment by Dean – June 5, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • than stop… She is very interesting and engaging love her or hate her.

Comment by poeplehavenotaste – June 5, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • agreed. She is a character and I can;t wait to see what she will do next. I don’t always like how they write her because they change directions on her so much but she is very compelling and I give Lea much credit for making her so interesting.

Comment by Keith S. – June 5, 2012 12:26 PM PDT
          • A lot of people are truely annoyed by her and the fact that she got in NYADA and Kurt didn’t only added to that. She’s interesting and engaging? All she talks about is Finn and NYADA and demands solos she doesn’t even deserve and has been insanely selfish on multiple accounts. Not to mention that she sang a lot of pointless songs. A lot of characters storyline’s have been pushed away for her and her ongoing bullcrap wedding with Finn.
            One question for you: have you read the script of the Klaine box scene in the Christmas episode? It was a gorgeous scene but got cut because RACHEL. DEMANDED. BLING! Yes, very nice character to watch
            The only real reason I’ll watch season 4 is Kurt. You know, the guy who nailed his addition but didn’t get NYADA, while Rachel messed up and stalked Carmen but got in anyway.

Comment by Dean – June 5, 2012 01:08 PM PDT
          • Dean’s post cracks me up. Sounds like serious butthurt. St Kurt is the best character. You’re absolutely right. Sarcasm

Comment by Reny – June 5, 2012 01:20 PM PDT
          • But it isn’t Rachel’s fault Kurt didn’t get in. So again resentment toward Rachel that is unfounded. Please let me when she has demanded solo all the time…oh yes 2 times and she didn’t get them when she did demand them more than a season 1/2 ago. No, other people’s stories where not push away, the writers choose to write for them. That is what the wirter wanted ot do. You are acting like Rachel writes and directs the show. You cna;t take non-canon scene and use that as anything. I know Rachel scenes have been cut too, even Rachel songs have been cut. I did read the box scene and it was lame and that isn’t Rachel’s fault the director choose to cut that scene. And useless songs Samcedes had like 7 song devoted to them in like 5 episode talk about over kill.
            I didn’t even like the wedding crap but to say it took over other people stories is speculation. And I wanted Kurt ot get in and still think he will get that big success but they wanted a cliff hanger so stop blaming Rachel for all the woes of glee.

Comment by Smithy – June 5, 2012 01:31 PM PDT
          • If nothing else is going on int he show I stop and watch Rachel. She is always on even if the storyline isn’t about her. Some of the actors have done nothing to make their characters interesting even in the background.

Comment by poppy – June 5, 2012 01:37 PM PDT
          • I completely agree. I always want to know what Rachel is doing

Comment by Yetti – June 5, 2012 01:41 PM PDT
          • @Dean

Sounds like someone is really upset that his favourite fictional character didn’t make it into a fictional arts college. Ouch!

Comment by Evelyn – June 5, 2012 01:50 PM PDT
          • Yes, people are upset over Kurt not getting into NYADA over Rachel. IT’S CALLED TUMBLR.

Comment by Sam – June 5, 2012 02:08 PM PDT
          • Not my fault you people like to defend one of the worst characters on television. Y’all are like those Naya-stans on youtube, attacking as soon as somebody says she’s not the best.
            “Oh my god Tina I need this solo because I screwed up my audtition and I’m graduating and who cares if the some of the other seniors never got a time to shine and they’re graduating too.”

Comment by Dean – June 5, 2012 02:17 PM PDT
          • Oh dean. It’s going to be ok

Comment by Gillian – June 5, 2012 02:21 PM PDT
          • Never enough Rachel.

Comment by Kay Q – June 5, 2012 02:59 PM PDT
          • Ok here’s the thing about Kurt (don’t hat me I love Kurt, I’m just being realistic). He has a very unique voice that is not really demanded in the real world (I mean there are not really roles he would fit in on Broadway or whatever… but it’s Glee so he’s gonna get his happy ending).
            Meanwhile Rachel could play a lot of roles (just like Lea Michele who has has a Broadway career since she was 8).
            While Kurt’s audition was great, I’m sure Jesse’s was too and he didn’t get in (I mean if you remember Bohemian Rhapsody and everything… as much as I don’t like the character Jesse he sure is a great singer!). There were probably tons of people who auditioned and didn’t get in, I mean it’s the (fictional) college for performing arts in New York- where Broadway is and New York is just awesome in general, everybody wants to go there.
            Rachel’s performance at Nationals was flawless and they won so that – and her ambition to never give up – must have left quite an impression and like I said she’s more fit for this kind of stuff.
            So in the end it does make sense, it’s realistic. Not everybody get everything they want in life right away, you have to work towards it, you have to wait, to hope, sometimes it doesn’t happen at all.
            There’s nothing to be upset about. It’s television, we are gonna see Kurt succeed – just not right away but in the end it’s gonna happen, I’m sure about that. Just wait and see.

Comment by Hey – June 5, 2012 04:12 PM PDT
          • I love this new thing is everyone saying Rachel get everything she wants. But it always come at a price for Rachel. If she goes for things she is selfish and ALWAYS call out for it, if she defers for others she is stupid. We have no idea why she had a solo at Nationals and hardly think Sue would have given her one just becasue of NYADA it was the plan and they have always won when she had a solo.
            In the end Rachel got NYC but not Finn or her friend who she tried to do whatever to get him to NYC too. SO again how did she get everything she wanted?
            Rachel is so the worse she reached out to Quinn several times and kept her from making a huge mistake. She reached out to Kurt when eh was lonely and got the kids to stick up for him She reached out to Mercedes with Prom. She risked her own future for Kurt to get a better resume.

Comment by ds – June 5, 2012 04:28 PM PDT
          • Um I love this show but come on people it’s a TV show. Not at all like true blood. Now that’s real stuff.

Comment by Cha – June 5, 2012 08:04 PM PDT
        • No one attacked you Dean they were supporting Rachel . You are the one who started going off on her to stan for other characters.

Comment by Don – June 5, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Take a sedative Dean. Kurt will get his due along side Rachel. I can;t wait for Hummelberry all season long. And please Rachel Berry is no better or worse than half the characters on glee. She isn’t even clsoe to the worse. I don’t get putting so much effort into hating a fictional character.

Comment by Alex – June 5, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • All these Kurtsie are going crazy cause they say he never wins, except for he won over the bullies and he has a great family and friends. Rachel’s wins are always bittersweet and always has to pay some price for winning.

I like them both and love them together when Kurt gets the big win it will just be all the better

Comment by al – June 6, 2012 05:15 PM PDT
      • ditto…

Comment by MaryM – June 5, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I pretty much am only watching for Rachel still. I like some other stuff but I was glad to see that Lea Michele is returning.

Comment by George King – June 5, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me too. If Lea wasn’t returning I’d stop watching after graduation.

Comment by Jos – June 5, 2012 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • She has been the focal point since the pilot and the one I have been must invested in since she power walked down that hallway.

Comment by Dean2 – June 5, 2012 01:33 PM PDT
      • me too.

Comment by jenny – June 5, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same. She rocks.

Comment by sm – June 5, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lies. Rachel is a big reason to stop watching. God, she’s annoying!

Comment by Jenny – June 5, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Just because you don’t agree doesn’t mean it is a lie. Stop watching if you don’t like the main character…good bye.

Comment by hip – June 5, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • agree Rachel is a great character why watch if you you don;t like the characters.

Comment by ko, – June 5, 2012 11:04 PM PDT
      • I kind of wanted Lea Michele to move on so I could stop watching but as long as she is on the show I’ll watch.

Comment by scob – June 5, 2012 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am tired of Finchel but never tired of Rachel. Plus Will didn’t do much this season and Sam’s return went nowhere.

Comment by kelly – June 5, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Which is probably why they decided that after returning as a last hurrah for his senior year, Sam didn’t have enough credits to graduate after all. Oh, Glee…

Comment by Emily – June 5, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um nope Lea did some really great work in the end of the season finally it was about Rachel and not about Finchel.

Comment by omg – June 5, 2012 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the more Rachel the better.

Comment by wifi – June 5, 2012 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • this can never be said enough.

Comment by sam – June 6, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lea Michele and Rachel Berry FTW. Love them both and glee wouldn’t be the same without them. Other could leave and e replaced easily not so much Lea, IMO.

Comment by Jeff – June 6, 2012 12:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Will he hardly had anything. And I’m with the others here Rachel is a main reasons I still watch

Comment by Paul – June 6, 2012 12:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rachel is the best even if I don’t like how they writer her sometimes. I feel sorry for people who don’t get her.

Comment by Chimmy – June 6, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honestly I could have done with more Rachel just let it be about her she is by far the most interesting character.

Comment by wainright – June 6, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lea is a great talent and Rachel Berry is a one of a kind character. So keep her front and center as long as she wants to keep doing the show.

Comment by fre – June 6, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • More Rachel Barbra Berry.

Comment by lopez – June 6, 2012 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • totally agree with you =)

Comment by Maike Krämer – June 7, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha please Rachel Berry is the main character and should get more. Lea does a perfect job with her and deserves it. Some of the cast aren’t very strong actors so remaining in support or back ground is just fine with me.

Comment by geo – June 7, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thoroughly enjoyed the body switching scene. I was so much fun to see everyone take on each others roles even if it was all too short!

Comment by English – June 5, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would have put Kurt’s dad singing “Single Ladies” at number one, and 2-20 would be blank.

Comment by Luke – June 5, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why? That was embarrassing, cringe-worthy, and utterly throwaway.

Comment by Danyelle – June 5, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • um no.

Comment by quinnsabitch – June 5, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Burts single ladies was freaking awesome!!

Btw I’m tired of finchel but I’m kind laughed when I saw 11. It was klaines first time not finchels..
      W

Comment by Nanna – June 5, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree that it should be at #1, or at least on the list. That was awesome and adorable.

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – June 5, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seriously! Kurt & Burt’s relationship is one of the highlights of the show & that number brought us back to one of the best episodes of the show. Mike O’Malley is just awesome.

Comment by Deena – June 5, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There were so many good moments this season. I really can’t pick my favourites although nationals was up there as was the very emotional ending to season 3 plus Mr Shues wedding proposal and so many more. Performance wise it was a great season. However i think my favourite moment of all was the Troubletones mashup with Adele.

Comment by greysfan – June 5, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh and i forgot one that isn’t on your list, The Sue and Quinn moment in the finale. That was truly touching if you ask me. Like i said though for me there was so many moments for me this season.

Comment by greysfan – June 5, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, that moment with Sue and Quinn was surprisingly touching. A really good way to close the chapter on their interactions.

Comment by Dan – June 5, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There weren’t even 20 good moments in Glee this season. The show was at it’s worse

Comment by James – June 5, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with some of them. #18 was the best over everything, anyway.

Comment by Anna – June 5, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • on slide 19, the nationals performance the first song was not “Born This Way”, but “Edge of Glory”

Best Moment: Finally having Tina sing lead in some songs like “ABC” during the sectionals performance

Comment by Megan – June 5, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing I agree with is that the best moment of the season was the END of Finn and Rachel!! Hope they don’t get back together.. This couple ruined the show for me.

Comment by Adam – June 5, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sure drama queen. riuned give me a break.

Comment by him – June 6, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did love all but would have rearranged the order…How will I know should definitely be higher.

Comment by Sasha – June 5, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely, love those 4 diva’s singing together (even though it is more Mercedes and Rachel singing)…

Comment by Lily – June 5, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn singing “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” as a show of support? Please read the title of that song again and tell me how exactly it’s taking a serious approach to Santana’s sexuality?

Comment by Brian – June 5, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This ^

Comment by Natalia – June 5, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. It was also quite creepy.

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – June 5, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was beautifully sung and performed by an actor portraying a scenes written for him in an attempt to show the Glee club acceptance of a lesbian character. He has had nothing but mudslinging and personal attacks as a result and I am sure this is why the show has dropped Santana’s original family stroyline. Stop with the agenda politics and let the show tell its stories.

Comment by SG – June 5, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you for your comment. It is stepping over the line of decency when people send tweets full of hate to the actors. Because people tend to confuse fictional characters to the real ones. This has really happened to some of the Glee actors. Glee fans keep holding grudges for actions the writers have these characters do and say. People forget that all the actors on Glee are appreciative for their jobs and are thankful to all of us fans who have made them household names. But it is really beyond me how people can and do take grudges against fictional characters to the extreme-full on hate. If what you say is true about Santana’s storyline being negated because of fandom mania then that is real good reason for the show’s fans to curb their manical and lunatic actions against the show/characters/ or actors. I feel sorry for people who put their hopes and dreams into fictional characters.

Comment by rad – June 6, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • thanks for you comment and nice to know there are people who udnerstand that insane personal attacks, be they by twitter facebook or any other means should have no place in a discussion about a TV show. I really admire Cory Monteith for the way he tackles any of the storylines he is given, and he has the last laugh because he killed the finale scenes – particularly in the acceptance letters scenes and the car/train ones as well as his performance in ‘Dashboard’.

Comment by sr – June 6, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Look I no way have any hate against the actors and I wouldnt be excessively mean to the writers but I do feel that it’s ok for people to express there disaproval of the storylines. . All I’m saying is that In “I Kissed a Girl” Brittana didnt even talk once, and they made it all about Santana and FINN. Hey I’m all about second chances and making up, but they didnt address the fact that he outed her at all. In fact he was made the HERO and sent out a moral that outing people isnt a big deal. It is.

and of course they just blew over Santana coming out to her PARENTS with a quick line. Yes the Abuella scene was VERY emotional and well done, but with Santana being so suppressed with her sexuality at the start and being a bitch and stuff – that has to be because of the influence of her parents to some degree.
          All I’m saying is they could have dealt with Santana’s coming out quite a bit better.

Comment by befancy620 – June 6, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • @befancy I appreciate your comment and respect it. But I was delibrately speaking to those people who tweet to the actors personally, or on various social media who write condescending personal attacks, even violent ones to the actors not the characters, and are viral trying to incite delirium among disgruntled fans hiding behind a computer being anonymous. They are the lunatics and maniacal crazies with their agendas to cause uneasiness for the actors to want to be close and personal with their fans as much as possible. Glee actors and creative staff have always been responsive to the fans of Glee. But since a certain number of fans step beyond the bounds of appropriateness it then causes our favorite actors to group all of us into a heap as trouble makers and the unsavory. I did not make any remarks aimed at your discussion of fictional characters. Mine are to real people about cause and effect of actions to real people.
            You have your right to your opinion.

Comment by rad – June 6, 2012 02:55 PM PDT
    • Thank you.

Comment by befancy620 – June 6, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agreed with a little over a quarter of your choices. For me way too much Santana brought this season down.

Comment by Jos – June 5, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you about too much Santana this season.

Comment by Julie – June 5, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • preach

Comment by too much santana drama – June 5, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Way too f****in much Santana this season. If I never see her again it will be too soon.

Comment by James – June 5, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really she doubled in songs for no reason. She took what should have been Mercedes time away.

Comment by mafia – June 5, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen!

Comment by Dean – June 5, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • must have gotten in good with a writer or something.

Comment by yeahiwentthere – June 5, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So I guess Naya’s powerful vocals, like the Adele mash-up, acting chops, comedic timing and increasing fan base had nothing to do with that. Not to mention that she has undertaken one of.the most challenging story arcs by Santana coming out as a lesbian.

Comment by Ana – June 5, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Lets call it what it is……. she’s screwing Matt Hodgson and that’s why her blown up lips and face were all over our screens with her one note singing. She had all those same qualities for two seasons but all of a sudden they just noticed? Please……. oh and “growing fanbase”, stop just stop. That challenging story line was poorly written AND delivered. They should have kept her in the back ground where she belonged.

Comment by Russel – June 5, 2012 12:45 PM PDT
          • Er, no. She broke out in the final episodes of Season 2, and was named by the producers as a major character in interviews shortly after, and was identified as one of the people approached for the spinoff over last summer, though it ultimately didn’t happen (though she’s going to New York anyway). The only major storyline she had all year was her supposed coming out, which was a preexisting story. She sang a lot more, but Ryan Murphy picks all the songs and who sings them.

Why people who hate Naya are convinced a junior writer on the staff has that much influence is beyond me.

Comment by Sean C. – June 5, 2012 12:50 PM PDT
          • that’s a really awful thing to say russel, i think all the members of this cast work really hard and have all earned what fame and screen time they’ve had.

Comment by bbb – June 5, 2012 12:53 PM PDT
          • she also has an in with Ali Alder who is allover her.

Comment by truth – June 5, 2012 12:59 PM PDT
          • If the character wasn’t a lesbian she wouldn’t have much of a fan base. And no way should she have taken over the second spot in singing, Mercedes should still have that spot. She got way more why Tina still got little and Rachel got less.

Comment by blah, blah – June 5, 2012 01:02 PM PDT
          • I find her voice nothing but average and she hasn’t been able to elevate any of her stories the way the really good actors on the cast can take bad material and make it good, and make good material great. She was featured in all my least favorite episode. They tried to make he more than a bully but it didn’t work.

Comment by Jos – June 5, 2012 01:28 PM PDT
          • THANK YOU RUSSEL FOR SAYING WHAT EVERYONE ELSE DOESNT HAVE THE BALLS TO COME OUT AND SAY

Comment by James – June 5, 2012 01:34 PM PDT
          • Russel and James, you are both disgusting human beings. Naya isn’t even my favourite cast member, yet your accusations about Naya smack of immaturity and bitterness. Do you even actually watch the show? She’s a good singer and her songs have sold well this season. She has remained a supporting character and I don’t see this supposed too much screentime people are complaining about. I enjoyed this season and think they have given everyone a chance. I even liked the new characters from The Glee Project(I think they did a very good job of introducing Harmony, Rory, Joe and Unique) and am pleased that they brought Shelby and Sam back. Also happy to see the Warblers again, especially with the introduction of Sebastian!

Comment by Harry – June 5, 2012 02:01 PM PDT
          • Preach!! ^

Comment by befancy620 – June 6, 2012 02:25 PM PDT
      • Except for the fact that all Mercedes seems able to do is background vocals doing high notes, lots of runs, and “yeahs”… couple that with her poor dancing skills and her bad attitude (as written) and coming across as obnoxiously self-righteous and conceited and diva-ish… and I’m so glad that her screentime was reduced. Hopefully, while she’s “off in LA” she’ll get even less. I like the actress, who is a really nice gal and quasi-talented, but I haven’t liked hMercedes since season one.

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – June 5, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Amber is great and Mercedes isn’t even that bad but sorry Amber isn’t a very strong actress so I was never that interested in Mercedes. She also blamed other for her lack of solos when she should have been working harder, trying to expand her repertoire and speaking up without attitude.

Comment by Henry – June 5, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Errm, actually Mercedes’ time increased this season more than last season, thanks to the Troubletones storyline and her romance with Sam. Perhaps you have not been paying enough attention? Are you even a Mercedes fan or just pretending to be one?? Santana’s and Mercedes’ voices go really well together – I loved all of their numbers! The Troubletones were amazing, especially that Adele mash-up and the Kelly Clarkson cover

Comment by Tasha – June 5, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Santana and her voice, and was pleased with her upped screentime. It’s all personal preference, I guess! :)

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – June 5, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Preach. One can tolerate Santana so much. She got focused because of her singing which was too much IMO. I’d rather hear Tina, Quinn or Mercedes.

Comment by sm – June 5, 2012 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not that I hate Santana, but there is nowhere near enough Tina in this show.

Comment by Haley – June 6, 2012 12:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Never her team spirit and selfless actions will be noticed or on screen. Or her lovely voice.

Comment by rad – June 6, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay Finn singing “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” to Santana for supporting her “choice” was one of the most offensive things I’ve seen done on glee.

Comment by snix – June 5, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! This song was completely inappropriate for the moment and in my opinion, the worst possible adaptation EVER!!!

Comment by Ana – June 5, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Santana didn’t come out. She was forced out against her will because of Finn with no apology. Unbelievable this irresponsible moment is included here.

Comment by Wow – June 5, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was forced against her will to come out after she said to Finn that he was not good in bed and that he will never be able to be more than an accessorie to a stronger woman.. If you think that Santana’s insults are innocent, why don’t you try to insult a man like that about his performance in bed and in his career and see what happens…

Then again, I agree with you that the Finn’s song should not have been included in this list.

Comment by Lily – June 5, 2012 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, Finn was hurt by what Santana said, but in my opinon that only makes it worse. He was hurt, and because of that he went straight (see what I did there?) to outing her, because he knew that she was sensitive about her sexuality. And then he turns around and acts like it was him doing her a favour because he’s such a great friend? Please.
        (Although, as I side note, I defs enjoyed the song.)

Comment by Haley – June 6, 2012 12:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You know very well that a “hurt” person can be very dangerous because they are more probably the ones who will lash out.. and hurt you .. it is called “revenge” or sometimes even self defence… And of course , when emotions are high, people don’t really use their brains and teenager Finn did the wrong thing. and so he had to clean up the mess… So he did it in his own clumsy way… I guess a male jock does not like to apologize. I guess almost any male does not like to apologize because they think will make them look bad.

Comment by Lily – June 6, 2012 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Except the show didn’t portray him as doing the wrong thing. They went out of their way in IKAG to state that nobody thought he did anything wrong, and even Santana seemed to have forgotten what happened in the previous episode. Instead we got Hero!Finn saving poor Santana, who obviously can’t be allowed to make decisions for herself, because a straight boy has a better idea of what a lesbian should do than the lesbian herself.

Comment by Sean C. – June 6, 2012 10:02 AM PDT
          • I respect others opinions that Finn was written to be the hero. But to me he is not a hero and not meant to be. He used his assertiveness or “leadership qualities” in the wrong way to make a right, knowing he’d wrong. Things that are the Finn things to do and say. Like in Night of Neglect Rachel comes to his rescue to explain his wrong choice of words. The shows got to go all over the place instead of the show must go on. He is a lovable lug with immaturity but a good heart just his words come out wring most of the time. Finnisms.

Comment by rad – June 6, 2012 10:49 AM PDT
  • Girls Just Wanna Have Fun was puke-worthy, as the whole episode. And Santana was outed by Finn and blackmailed to sit through the coming out party.The rest of the choices is passable but overall this season was a mess.

Comment by Sam – June 5, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the first time for Finchel and Klaine! I agree that the train depot scene was the best scene of the season.

Comment by ann – June 5, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any moments with the Troubletones were the best moments.

Comment by aaa – June 5, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah having them mutiny and then getting there way after being selfish divas was great.

Comment by stfu – June 5, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Praise! It really pissed me off that they got to take solo’s away during Regionals and Nationals from ND members who never turned their backs on the club.

Comment by Dean – June 5, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • some people just love to hate

Comment by aaa – June 5, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • yeah like Mercedes and Santana.

Comment by byeon – June 5, 2012 12:19 PM PDT
          • how is that hating, they were unhappy with their situation, so they changed it. i think the think glee fans need to understand is that it’s impossible for this show to be something that makes all of the fans happy. some people want more santana and other want less of her, some people want more finchel and other want them to break up. i just like to find the things in the show that make me happy and i focus on that, the Troubletones were what i loved about the 3rd season and you can’t convince me otherwise.

Comment by aaa – June 5, 2012 12:24 PM PDT
          • They could have gone about it is a much better way and sorry but Mercedes went after Rachel when Will is the one to blame for song distribution and Santana was ignorant the whole time to Finn and Rachel and the whole dodge ball attacking Rory.

Comment by byeon – June 5, 2012 01:13 PM PDT
      • Mutiny? How about just wanting to have a chance to perform. Rachel always took the spotlight and not necessarily deservedly so. Everyone knows that the Troubletones won that competition.

Comment by Ana – June 5, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She didn’t take the spotlight, she worked for the spotlight. When did she not deserve it we don’t see how Shue gives out solos. Stop resenting Rachel for putting in the work, doing the extras owrk and going for things. Look to the problem which is Shue who has never devised a plan.

And know the Trouble Tones did not win, you can’t rewrite thing to fit your agenda.

Comment by stop blaming the worng person – June 5, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Santana who was the second most features girl in competition just got to be more features, the point of Trouble Tones was suppose to give Mercedes some spotlight. And then those random TT that just showed up was beyond dumb.

Comment by blah – June 5, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved the Troubletones this season, much like I loved the Warblers. They both were awesome. Of course, I refer to Blaine-led Warblers, as Sebastian-led Warblers were decent but nowhere near as entertaining.

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – June 5, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • needs moar plaine, needs moar hero!finn. any “best of” list that includes something from one of the most offensive episodes in recent tv history is a list that cannot be taken seriously.

Comment by Shannon – June 5, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • definitely agree with numbers 1-3 <3

Comment by Noelle – June 5, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I CRIED LIKE A BABY IN THE CAR SCENEE

Comment by Sam – June 5, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Which car scene : Finn and Rachel (Goodbye), Kurt and Blaine (First Time) or Kurt and Rachel (Purple Piano) ?

Comment by Lily – June 5, 2012 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Finn and Rachel.

Comment by scob – June 5, 2012 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Totally thought you meant the (Quinn getting hit by a) car scene.

Comment by Haley – June 6, 2012 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yeah, forgot about that one… many car scenes in Glee…

Comment by Lily – June 6, 2012 05:17 AM PDT
        • aaah that scene… the scene that screams “Emmy”…. who knows !???

Comment by Lily – June 6, 2012 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yep hands down. Lea deserves a nomination at least for that. Mind you how Glee is in the comedy section is crazy. Its drama like it or not. Smash is classified in the drama category this year so why not Glee? See now this throws the excuses they keep coming up with out the window.

Comment by greysfan – June 6, 2012 06:58 AM PDT
  • FINCHEL needs to get back together !

Comment by :( – June 5, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I most definetly cried during the car scene. I miss them

Comment by Rachel – June 5, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about when Santana came out to her grandmother? That was the best scene of the season, if you ask me.

Comment by Sara – June 5, 2012 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Santana came out to her grandmother? When did that happen? Clearly not one of the best (or worst,either) if I don’t even remember it happening.

Comment by Julie – June 5, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually I found that a let down, we had no real build up to this relationship so it meant nothing.

Comment by kim – June 5, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This list lost all credibility when you listed Finn singing to Santana. That entire episode was offensive and sent a horrible message. Glee has lost it’s way as it is. It’s awful.

Comment by AYFKM – June 5, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True, I understand that they try to show how the “straight” guy is trying to fix his own mess (=outing Santana)… and that the cheerleader would only listen to a jock and not to 2 gay theater guys… but that song… terrible…

Comment by Lily – June 5, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Do you know what would fix the mess? “Santana, I’m sorry I outed you in the middle of a crowed hallway when I knew you were insecure about your sexuality.” Solved.

Comment by Haley – June 6, 2012 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And Santana should say, I apologize for calling you in the public hallway at the top of my lungs terrible in bed and that you are nothing but exra baggage to a stronger person. A woman with more talent than you. Plus any physical or intellectual or intelligence demeaning comment she made as well. She is confident in herself to read people including their inner most insecurities and feel no remorse to spew all of them for anyone to hear so they can make fum of them as well. Since she is above and better than anyone else in that school. It goes both ways in that they wronged each other. Apologies should have been made by both. A song did not make a right. I’ll say it again-it was the writing that failed in this episode. They meant well but it fell like a bird with no wings. Splat. IMO, Finn’s character was greatly damaged by it. Santana was a leacherous b word who unleashed tirades for no reason but to inflict pain. Santana was damaged also. Many hate Finn for that debacle as many hate Santana for her hatefulness.

Comment by rad – June 6, 2012 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Santana was outed way before Finn. And that crazy cheerleader is the one who chose to tell her uncle, not Finn. I liked Finn’s version. If you’re taking the songs on here way too literally, you should stop watching glee.

Comment by arealfan – June 5, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^This. If that cheerleader hadn’t run to her uncle, the video wouldn’t have been there and Santana still would’ve been in the closet. A lot of people are, to this day, still accusing the hell out of Finn but you’re seriously the first person I’ve seen putting the blame on that cheerleader

Comment by Dean – June 5, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And where did that cheerleader hear that little bit of info from exactly? Look I’m not even blaming “Finn”. I won’t play the blame game with the characters. The problems with that whole thing are way deeper than the outing itself. The main problem being that at the end, Santana basically THANKED Finn for outing her. All my blame goes to the writers. And the way they portrayed the whole thing.

Comment by John – June 5, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Said cheerleader having found out about it from Finn, after he told everybody in the hallway.

Comment by Sean C. – June 5, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For the record, season 1 Santana maliciously outed Kurt, smiled with evil on her face. So I don’t and won’t feel any sadness for Finn outing Santana. She degrated Kurt, Finn and Rory in public constantly. Finn kept quiet til Finn had all he was going to tolerate then he said she was a coward-not viciously or with malicious. Bad place but Santana always spoke viciously and maliciously about those beneath her s1 just to malign them. She never intended to change. Even season 3. Just because she was the victim doesn’t make a diference to me. She has hatefulness and meaness to instigate her verbal assault. Finn had enough of her verbal barrage so he spoke calmly but plainly to reach her but not hurt her. He spoke in public, not different than her. Santana is as mean and evil a person one could be especially season 1, to Kurt and Rachel specifically. And I am not nor will I ever be homophobic. That does not even compute with the various reasons behind Santana and her verbal assaults. Sue, Quinn and Santana were the female bullies of McKinley-Glee just showing that bullying can be done by either gender to the full extent of condemnation. Sue was physical like Karofsky and those guys who assaulted him, causing his mental break to the point of suicide. In other words, words of any kind, used to inflict pain purposefully to malign and degrade another human being to the point of breaking. Including words against one’s physical nature, mental abilities, one’s talents, one’s choices being sexuality or singing or dancing or scholastically, etc.

Comment by sm – June 5, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not to mention that she blackmailed Dave with his sexuality. She would’ve out him in a heartbeat if he didn’t help her with her prom queen campaign

Comment by Sam – June 5, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, Forgot that one. She has her own agenda and is always for what or how something suits her and her needs. Season 2 she was significantly more vulnerable. Season 3 meaner.

Comment by sm – June 5, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You forgot the part where she told him immediately that she was gay to, and that fact that she never outed him wopse… You are just making things up regarding what she would have done if he said no. Also conveniently forgetting that Dave could have outed her in return… Some selective memory going on right there.

And the previous poster forgot that Kurt came out in the episode before Santana’s comment. More selective memory in order to make Finn look good I guess. Some of his stans can’t handle he makes mistakes and always do their best to make the other characters even worse than they are.

reminds me of how Finn was “just going to rest his hands” on Quinm’s wheelchair in the Prom episode… nothing else of course because it wasn’t like he was yelling at Quinn to get up and then making a physical move for her when she didn’t..

Comment by smh – June 6, 2012 01:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The comments were not to make Finn look good but to show that Santana is not that innocent.

Comment by Lily – June 6, 2012 05:07 AM PDT
          • I don’t like Finn, but i couldn’t get too mad at him, because he was just reaching for anything he could say to defend himself against Santana’s bullying. Santana’s been a nasty bully since he first episode and has never really changed. She’s so mean I can’t feel any sympathy for her the way she never felt bad about all the people she bullied. Finn immediately regretted that his words caused a problem, but Santana’s never regretted all the people she hurt.

Comment by Laure – June 6, 2012 11:07 AM PDT
  • i think the goodbye scene between rachel and finn was really well done, great acting from lea and cory.
    loved the adele mashup from troubletone and the Glee version of Without You (it was really good and so much better that usher song), loved We Are Young song and the scene too.
    tina fantasy about everybody playing another character was funny.

Comment by good – June 5, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Tongue-Tied” was delightful! That would have been in the top five, for me. Winning the trophy was great and all–but it was the best when they were won over by their classmates, as well. And Finn’s speech to Santana when he says “I don’t want you to die” was one of my all-time favorite moments. Incredibly moving. Number one, well, I might get misty-eyed if I type too much about it, so I won’t. =( EEP.

Comment by Quinn – June 5, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or rather, when they won over their classmates. Oops!

Comment by Quinn – June 5, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, it was wonderful when Finn decided that the example of an out gay kid committing suicide meant that he should out another gay kid because he had decided what was best for her life, over her objections.

Comment by Sean C. – June 5, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “Quinn”, you are kidding right? I guess you completely missed the horrible undertones of his misguided actions. His speech was a mixed rip off from Brittany’s convo’s to Santana from BTW and PQ, mixed in with some new bad stuff and a suicide that they misused (the kid killed himself not because he was in the closet but because he came out and got severely bullied. Really horrible of the writer Matthew Hodgson to use such real life event and disrespectful to even get it wrong then)

They should had both apologized to each other for their actions, and the episode should then had focused on Santana deciding how to deal with the outing, not Finn being the puppeteer out of some misguided attempt of being “supportive”.

I have a question to you, if someone experiences something traumatic like rape, assault, domestic violence, abuse, state wide outing or other things that violates a person’s agency, what is the number one thing a person needs after such events where other(s) render them powerless?

I believe support is important, but honestly I think it is pure logic what one needs – is control and agency. In particularly control in how to deal with their bad experience because a person is often left feeling powerless and violated after such experiences.

When Santana was outed she lost control and agency over one of the most important steps she would ever take in her life – coming out. The writers choose that instead of people going up and offering her their support and letting her decide what actions to take, they made Finn take away her control, and disallowed her to make her own choices through blackmail. This aspect was only further highlighted by her objecting objected multiple times, saying it was not what she wanted and how he took away her choice. To make matters worse, the actions of Finn, is actually the very actions that in real life could make a person have a higher chance of killing themselves. Because someone was (again) taking away their power&right to decide over something deeply personal and life changing (in this case how to deal with state wide outing). It made it all very ironic but also offensive&disturbing for me & many others as well (the episode and the writers got blasted for this entire ordeal).

The episode was also just a pos. The other sls were bad as well with Rachel being humbled yet again, Crazy!Quinn wanting Puck’s sperm (lame), Kurt losing again, Puck/Shelby (also lame), the condescending song such as GJWHF. That song should not have been on that list.

Anyway this list and now this site hold no credibility to me. To actually list that song and that moment as good when it was so warped by its bad decision of agency robbing, offensiveness and overall disturbing, just shows lack of proper critical thinking, or well just thinking in general.

I am a 19 year old guy (and yeah I watch Glee out of own free will, I like the show ok? Lea is amazing) and I am pretty sure I will be forever disturbed at people that missed these GLARING agency issue. Perhaps some people have lead some charmed lives that they never had to deal with being a victim or known others who have? There is a reason why this episode was torn to shreds by the very people who should had felt represented, uplifted and empowered by it. I will always remember watching that episode in utter disbelief and then peeking inside the Brittana areas and seeing that wide spread panic, misery and anger. You even had people who felt like there was something wrong with them for being closeted or gay etc. People were God to honest making It Gets Better videos and such as counter responses to the bad msgs that episode sent. COUNTER RESPONSES. As in they were putting up videos, making posts, advice columns etc that were speaking AGAINST the portrayal that was shown on that episode. There is something really wrong with that episode when that is the fall out.

Comment by attempt no4 – June 6, 2012 02:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank you.
          I wanted to react too but you’ve said it all. I am a 29 year old gay woman and I watch glee too. Because I fell in love with it while ago and because it promised me a fair representation. And then it stabbed me to my back. Repeatedly.

Comment by Mel – June 7, 2012 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • especially after Finn was ridiculed and insulted on his manhood and his potential career by a bitchy Santana.

Comment by Lily – June 6, 2012 04:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Which aren’t even remotely as serious.

Comment by Sean C. – June 6, 2012 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • they are to a seventeen year old kid with insecurity issues. What was said was down right malicious just to hurt him where it counted. She knew what buttons to push to hurt Finn to the core. That was her whole purpose. Inflicting pain Hate and meaness. So as Mr Shue tried to teach them that everyone has a button or a point where they can break(post Karofsky’s suicide attempt)His was that he was going to disappoint his dad cheating on a test. I don’t understand where the difference lies, Finn’s pain should be less than Santana’s. Someone’s sexuality is just one of many insecurities that young people have to face and deal with all the trials that come with it. Finn’s was a major internal derailment for him. Finn felt he wasn’t good enough at anything. Puck’s was he felt he was a failure. Tina’s is she felt insignificant. Quinn’s was she lost herself during and after her pregnancy. Glee’s main things to show us season 1 were tolerance, acceptance, persistance, never give up, dare to dream.

Comment by rad – June 6, 2012 10:35 AM PDT
          • No, it’s not remotely as serious. Insulting Finn for being useless does not put him at risk of being kicked out of his house, assaulted, or raped, all of which are things that can and do happen to outed or out gay people.

Comment by Sean C. – June 22, 2012 01:30 PM PDT
        • People have their own opinions including me. We will never come to a common ground about this issue. I’ve stated before Glee has presented in s1 that Santana was a bully, to bully to hurt others and feel good about it. Kurt only came out to Mercedes not to the Glee club as of the episode where Rachel quits Glee to do the play, Quinn sings her solo with Finn when she runs out to throw up because she is preggers. Santana then outs Kurt about his sexuality and makes the whole room uncomfortable with this public outage. I don’t get where it is ok for her in s1 to be disgustingly evil but is forgotten in s2 and 3 and even praised for her openly verbal attacks on others in a public forum like the hallways of McKinley. I agree with another poster that the writing of I Kissed a Girl was bad to both Finn and Santana. She was supposed to apologize to him and approached him with the intent but set out a full on assault of verbal trash in a hallway about his manhood and physical being, etc. The purpose of the episode should have been for both Finn and Santana apologize and let her come to terms with her dilemma but not make Finn the heavy in the debackle that ensued. People just need to point their finger of blame to the writing of the characters. I feel the song Girls want to have fun was not a g.ood choice at all, especially for Finn to sing to Santana. The lyrics made no sense to me with the storyline as it was. I feel Glee tried to make a statement full of shock value (another PSA which I hated about s3)where a lesbian comes to terms with her own understanding and acceptance of her sexuality but to include way tooooo much story for a 1 hour episode of outing said lesbian but needing to let her get hurt like she hurts others. A see how it feels, girl, and what words can do to hurt. But in the writing of this episode there had to be the escape goat, Finn, where Finn could fit the bill as the soft spoken-never takes anything seriously-good natured-ignores whatever anyone says to him-guy. But make Santana out as the poor me-I’m mad at the world-girl because I can’t understand or accept that Brittany might not love me-my fear is building in me so I am going to make others miserable as bad as I feel-so the hate for myself and for others will co-exsist together so I can make myself numb to I won’t hurt so much. Biggest bunch of bunk. The actors did the best they could with what was given them. But for Santana to be given an excuse for her actions toward others just because she is funny- this is crap as well. Finn’s speaking in the hallway was wrong but so was Santana and her onslought of verbal diarrhea. No. I could stand this episode either for many reasons. But to single out Finn and his bad timing to stop Santana’s public verbal assault is not one of the ways to criticize this episode. It was poorly packaged from the start.

Comment by rad – June 6, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I dont know why you found that emotional between Finn and Santana. They were never close at all, and then all of a sudden he starts caring about her? It doesnt make any sense at all. If you re-watch the Madonna episode after Finn & Santana have sex you will clearly see him saying that it wasnt good because it didnt mean anything. And then he all of a sudden goes and says “you were my first” and “you mean something to me” etc etc. Screwed up writing seriously dont get me started.

Comment by befancy620 – June 6, 2012 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn cant join the army he has to go to NYC with Rachel :(

Comment by Jordan – June 5, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi Michael, I agree with most of your list except for the one with Finn singing to Santana. That was an atrociously written episode and that particular scene should be in a “worst scenes of Season 3″ list, not this one.

Comment by Jeff – June 5, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The car scene was soooo sad !!! My Finchel heart boke

Comment by Hello – June 5, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn needs to go with Rachel. It was so upsetting

Comment by Clare – June 5, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed every single Wemma moment!

Comment by Lauren – June 5, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! They are just so perfect! Wemma sex should have definitely made the list.

Comment by Amy – June 9, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn can not join the army, he needs to be with Rachel FOREVER :(

Comment by Ashley M – June 5, 2012 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To count 18 to the best moments is wrong for so many reasons!

Comment by Josh – June 5, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking at this list made me realize how GOOD this season was. Haters gon’ hate.

Comment by brandy – June 5, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finchel was the best except the car scene mad me cry like a child :(

Comment by Ms. Brooke – June 5, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My mind is blown that anything from that disgusting episode I Kissed A Girl is on here, especially anything involving Finn and Santana. Finn outing Santana and never apologizing or facing a single consequence, but instead playing hero and singing her a song basically saying lesbianism is just girls wanting to have fun, was one of the WORST moments of the season.

Comment by Britney – June 5, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t like finchel but i cried at the car scene, lea was on top of her game.
    also the episode choke, when rachel messed up the audition and cried on stage it was really good on lea michele part.
    loved the klaine scenes and sue coaching new directions was amazing, when she wrote on the board LAZY IDIOTS it was gold.

Comment by so good – June 5, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finn has to go with Rachel to NYC !!!!!!

Comment by Finchel – June 5, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would have had the body switch on the list. That was great. I’d also include Rachel choking and Kurt’s great NYADA audition. That was shocking and the acting was great. (It’s why the end results were such a shocker and have set up season 4 so well).

Comment by Jos – June 5, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Another great point — the NYADA auditions (both of them) were phenomenal. Another good performance by Kurt (Chris), and phenomenal acting by Lea. There were amazing highs and lows in that episodes. Choke was one of the best of the season, IMO.

Comment by Julie – June 5, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i agree with you, lea michele was spot on and her version of crying it was amazing, on the nationals episode ‘it’s all coming back to me now’ was wonderful and powerful, but the car breakup made me cry like a baby.
        lea michele is a really talented actress

Comment by talented – June 5, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ia with entire post.

Comment by limmy – June 5, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lea broke my heart like 5 time at the end of the season. She doesn’t get enough credit IMO. She just gets resentment from the fans of other characters.

Comment by yeahastan – June 5, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Very true statement. She gets hated on, but the girl delivers in my opinion. I love me some Rachel berry.

Comment by Caz – June 5, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINCHEL !!!!

Comment by Nooooo – June 5, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too much Santana and Blaine ruined the show this season… Hope Finchel’ll come back together NeXT year, they’re just the best item..!

Comment by Kiara – June 5, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah this season was too much santana, i love her character but not so much i like when they don’t focus on only one character like first season, because second season was all about kurt and this third was all about santana.

Comment by just – June 5, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you kidding? This season was wasted on Finn. Even Santana’s coming out episode was made to be about Finn and Finn’s feelings about it. The show used to be about Rachel’s drive and dream to go to New York and they wasted endless amounts of minutes on how she should reconsider throwing them away to stay with her highschool loser boyfriend. Season 3 may as well be renamed “Finn’s Season where he is made to look like a hero even though he is a jerk”.

Comment by Dan – June 5, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Urgh I will erase Rachel’s idea of deferring anything for Finn. She is in NY and we will just have to go from there.

Comment by frankie – June 5, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Glee likes to talk about his bullies…so I guess that is why the whole episode was about Finn and not about the “victim” Santana.. who was a bully herself. But her background story was already told in last Season 2.

Comment by Lily – June 6, 2012 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There was way too much Finchel this season and that relationship has completely ruined the Rachel character. I hope they stay apart, she is so much better off without him.

Comment by Dan – June 5, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes Rachel needs to move on, her dreams are bigger than Finn. Get back some of that spark of season 1.

Comment by petey – June 5, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I hope they do that this coming season, but I doubt it. Finchel are Zzzzzzz. Rachel needs to be independent again.

Comment by Ann – June 5, 2012 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Too much Finchel but and not enough Rachel on her own until the end. I hate how people say it is the Rachel Berry show, she didn’t get any true stuff to herself until the end. Before that she was a prop to Kurt, Mercedes or Finn. Her virginity wasn’t even about her.

Comment by please – June 6, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cooper Anderson’s interaction with everyone at McKinley should have been much higher. Matt Bomer was amazing. It was BY FAR the funniest episode of the season and last time I checked Glee was supposed to be a comedy.

Comment by Deena – June 5, 2012 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No Glee is not a comedy… Glee is a dramedy … a mix of comedy and drama.

Comment by Lily – June 5, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not season one. It was a full on comedy that made you laugh throughout the entire hour. Now it is more like a soap opera or after school special with some laughs thrown in. I know characters need to grow and storylines need to progress but it lost that comedic magic of the 1st season. The episode with Matt Bomer was the only one that has reminded me of that glorious first year in a really long time,

Comment by Deena – June 5, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Maybe I just love drama but there was also some tears from Quinn (pregnancy) and Kurt (his sexuality) and Rachel (yearning for Finn) in Season 1. “Home” was lots of drama .I felt so sad watching Finn singing to the urn of his father and I am not even a Finn fan.

Comment by Lily – June 6, 2012 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree. But they handled those issues with a lot of comedic elements that took the heaviness out of the show which I feel has now clouded over it the last few seasons. One of my favorite scenes ever is Kurt & Burt’s heartfelt talk about Kurt’s sexuality but it was placed in an episode where the football team was dancing to Beyonce to win a game. The balance of things like that are what I miss about the show.

Comment by Deena – June 6, 2012 03:24 PM PDT
          • Home is one of the worse episodes.

Comment by hy – June 6, 2012 07:40 PM PDT
  • I loved “You Should Be Dancing” at the very beginning of the Disco episode… and Mercedes’s “Disco Inferno” was HOT STUFF!

Also missed was Kurt’s amazing channeling of Hugh Jackman in “Not The Boy Next Door” from Choked.

Comment by RUCookie – June 5, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also loved finally hearing Mike Chang… “Cool,” West Side Story

Comment by RUCookie – June 5, 2012 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, both Disco Inferno and Not the Boy Next Door were AMAZING!

Comment by Grace – June 5, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • good list although finn finding out his father was dishonorably discharged, burt doing the single ladies dance and the girls singing shake it out to beiste would all have made the list for me.

Comment by murley – June 5, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 19, 18, 15, 14, 10, 6, 4, 1

seriously? actually i only agree with 8 on this list…it should be number 1

Comment by lame – June 5, 2012 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is honestly the worst list I’ve ever seen of anything eer. I’m dying of laughter.

Comment by someonewithtaste – June 5, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Edge of Glory, Michael, not Born This Way (that was in season 2, no?).

Comment by noa – June 5, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh, i didn’t refresh the page before commenting! someone already pointed it out, sorry :)

Comment by noa – June 5, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post