Ratings: America's Got Talent and Bachelorette Return Down, Gossip Girl Rises in Finale

Howard Stern‘s debut as an America’s Got Talent judge was witnessed by 10.3 million total viewers on Monday night, as the show’s Season 6 opener scored a 3.6 demo rating. That marks drops of 31 and 14 percent from AGT’s previous premiere (yet is on par with Season 5’s finale).

Also on the downside was The Bachelorette, which with 8.25 mil/2.5 was down 10 percent from its own previous opener.

RELATED | Howard Stern Debuts as America’s Got Talent Judge: Rate His Performance!

Among the big percentage gains on Monday, the Gossip Girl finale (1.2 mil/0.5) was up 40 percent and a tenth, while Hawaii Five-0‘s season ender (11.3 mil/2.7) rose 20 and 17 percent.

RELATED | Gossip Girl Finale Post Mortem: Show’s Boss on Blair’s Choice, Dan’s Revengenda and More

RELATED | Hawaii Five-0 Post Mortem: Is [Spoiler] Really Shelburne?! Is [Spoiler] a Goner?

Elsewhere….

* Dancing With the Stars, at 15.6 mil and a 2.6, was down a smidgen week-to-week.

* The finales for How I Met Your Mother (8.5 mil/3.4) and Mike & Molly (11.6 mil/3.3) saw small upticks, while Two and a Half Men‘s season ender (11.33 mil/3.8) was flat.

RECAP | How I Met Your Mother Season Finale: And Barney’s Bride Is…

* The super-intense Bones finale (7.1 mil/1.9) was rock steady, while the penultimate House (6.5 mil/2.2) rose 5 percent.

* Hart of Dixie‘s first season finale (1.53 mil/0.6) rose 11 percent in audience.

RECAP | Hart of Dixie Finale: Find Out Who Hooked Up, Who Broke Up and Who Made Up!

* Smash lowered its Season 1 curtain before a seven-week high of 6.1 million total viewers.

RECAP | Smash Season Finale: Hello, Norma Jean…

What were you watching this Monday night?

1. greysfan says:

Surely NBC could try Talent in the spring. Its got to be worth a shot at least right? Would do a lot better than a lot of NBC’s current schedule.

2. bad kevin says:

Howard Stern’s AGT debut was pretty good in my opinion and the last night’s H5O finale has everything from car chases to explosions and shootouts, this is the best action series I’ve ever seen since 24.

• bad kevin says:

Oops. I should’ve got rid of the “the” there. Meant to type in: and last night’s H5O finale has everything. My bad.

• Sg.Grant says:

Wow. You are truly an idiot. You fix one “typo,” but leave the major problem alone? There is a ridiculously obvious lack of grammar with your post. You are almost back to your original gibberish, Boomhauer.

• bad kevin says:

Whoever you are, please don’t you EVER make fun of me ’cause you’re such a “cyber bully” and I always hate being bullied. Go away and don’t you EVER come back to this website ’cause if you do, there will be consequences. Sg.Grant = LOSER :-(

• Sg.Grant says:

Ok, Boomhauer. I am by no means a cyber bully. I just don’t understand how the illiterate are able to use the internet. I like reading the comments here. I especially like to read the coherent comments with information and opinions that are actually interesting. Your comments always saying something like “Hope CBS cancels blah blah before blah blah and love blah blah show as usual because it was great :)”. This is not a useful addition to this site. So, what are my consequences for wanting to read educated comments?

3. kim delmotte says:

i like canadas got talent better as it does not drag on for weekes

4. Emily says:

Ugh, Bachelorette. That’s the reason I couldn’t watch the penultimate House last night with that inane show mesmerizing my roommates.

5. I Heart Chuck Bass (and Damon Salvatore) says:

Surprised the GG ratings went up. I know there are a lot of Chair fans who tuned out through Dair, but I figured those returning for the rumored Chair reunion would be offset by those Dair fans jumping ship because of the same rumors.

• Ava says:

I’m sure the 8 Dair fans out there jumped ship but 400,008 Chair fans found their way back. Maybe they’d be getting a full sixth season if they hadn’t insisted on pursuing the crapfest that was Dair.

• Pat says:

Well see next season. Finales and Premiere’s always get higher ratings. Ships don’t come into the picture.

6. Michelle says:

TSC should have been renewed. Gossip Girl was a joke last night, and has been for a long time. I cannot even begin to believe how its coming back next season. So wrong.

We aren’t giving up hope. We’re coming for you CW. Almost 20,000 signatures and GROWING. We WILL save the circle!

Sign the petition over at savethecircle.tumblr.com

• Mikael says:

Secret Circle should have gotten at least a 13 episode season next year just to show that it can improve. The end of the season was really good, since they actually started doing stuff!

7. Shaun says:

I’d like another Love in the Wild….at least that couple is still together.And a few side couples too.

8. Amy says:

I’m still so freaking pissed at the CW for cancelling both Ringer and Secret Circle when both chows get more ratings than its Monday night line up.

• Sara says:

Ringer didn’t get better raitings than GG and HoD.. even TSC with TVD as a leadin was at 0.5, and these shows are at 0.6.. I think the CW made the right decisions!

• lorna says:

Um, yes Ringer did get better ratings for GG for the most part. What a joke. Blake Lively can’t even act.

9. Sara says:

Tvbythenumbers are reporting 0.6 for GG.. what is correct?

10. Sg.Grant says:

Coming up shortly: A comment from Jules about her favorite addiction. She will talk about House like she personally knows the actors, directors, and the craft services guy. This comment will also probably include information about all her (made-up) friends, and how her life will soon be over since House is ending. There will also be brackets.

11. Jules says:

@ Sg. Grant
    WTF!
    Rather passing rude comments on my behalf, pass it on the article posted instead…

Anyway..my favorite show end nxt Monday…and was the best addiction & best 8 years on my life…

• Sg.Grant says:

You just made my point.

• B says:

If you had the best 8 years of your life because of a TV show that lasted one hour a week, about 22 times a year, you need to get out more. Or at least try to make some connections outside of the tube!

12. Jillian says:

Bones was awesome again last night. I wish the ratings were better.

13. Pia says:

The last three House episode were outstanding. The best of the show we have seen for a very long time. Both RSL & HL are much underated powerhouses of acting, they deserve all the TV-Awards, unfortunately it won`t happen anymore,it is too late and sad to see the bad ratings.

14. Boiler says:

Very frustrating to see DWTS and AGT in the 1/2 spots. Another example of why we don’t see scripted shows get a chance. C’mon people!!

15. Larry says:

It does seem that when it comes to scripted television -it gets their best viewership numbers at the beginning and end of a season. I think it has to do with people wanting to see how the season ends and not having to hear about it on social media. And the reality shows that premiered last night just got started. People weren’t heading to those programs because they know they will be there next week.

16. Christal says:

Not a big Howard fan, but his comments are very refreshing. I think TV is seeing the birth of a new star!