What to Watch: The TVLine-Up for Monday

On TV this Monday: The Actors Studio is full of Mad Men and Bachelorette Emily meets her many men, while Bones, How I Met Your Mother and eight other shows wrap their seasons. As but a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

7 pm Inside the Actors Studio (Bravo) | Mad Men cast members Jon Hamm, January Jones, Christina Hendricks, John Slattery, Vincent Kartheiser, Jared Harris and Kiernan Shipka join series creator Matthew Weiner in getting grilled by Mr. Lipton.

PREVIEW | Exclusive Gossip Girl Finale Video: Serena Desperately Tries to Save Dair!

8 pm Bones (Fox) | Season finale: When a friend of Brennan’s is murdered, the Jeffersonian team works to prove that serial killer/hacker Christopher Pelant is guilty, once and for all. But when law enforcement examines the team’s findings, key pieces of evidence cast suspicion on Brennan! (View photos.)

8 pm America’s Got Talent (NBC) | King of All Media Howard Stern joins Sharon Osbourne and Howie Mandel behind the giant Xes, while Nick Cannon continues to take on-camera mugging to unheard-of new levels.

8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | One-hour finale: In Part 1, Ted and Robin try to distract Lily during her painful contractions as Marshall and Barney race back from Atlantic City. Then, Barney’s wife is finally revealed at his future wedding day, and the gang reminisces about the time they encouraged Ted to remember the show’s frickin’ title! go after “the one that got away.”

PREVIEW | Hart of Dixie Boss Previews ‘Explosive’ Finale That ‘Will Have Huge Ramifications’

9 pm Johnny Carson: King of Late Night (PBS) | In a two-hour docu marking the 50th anniversary of Carson taking over The Tonight Show from Jack Paar and the 20th anniversary of his retirement, Emmy-winning filmmaker Peter Jones explores the TV icon’s life, career, complexities and contradictions.

9 pm House (Fox) | In the series’ penultimate outing, the Patient of the Week suffers from nose bleeds, of course, but also claims to hear his deceased brother’s voice in his head. Meanwhile, Wilson gets advice from Thirteen (returning cast member Olivia Wilde; watch video) and Foreman tries a different approach with House.

9 pm Two and a Half Men (CBS) | Season 9 finale: “Jake is pressured to make a decision about his future.” Pins and needles, I tell ya!

9:30 pm Mike & Molly (CBS) | Season finale: Everything that can go wrong does, as Mike and Molly try to finally make their trip down the wedding aisle.

9:30 pm The Bachelorette (ABC) | Bachelor Brad Womack’s onetime pick, Emily Maynard, becomes the first single mom to brave the Bachelorette crucible, as production on the series for the first time moves out of L.A. and makes camp in her hometown of Charlotte, N.C. (Review her 25 would-be suitors here!)

PREVIEW | Smash Star Teases ‘Ticking Clock’ Finale, Says Season 2 ‘Feels Like a Major Regime Change’

10 pm Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) | Season 2 finale: Five-0 is in hot pursuit of a shooter who guns down two of their own, while another team member is forced to choose which of their kidnapped loved ones will live. The last part there? Thoroughly harrowing scenes.

1. Pinky_77 says:

HIMYM, Mike & Molly, DVRing BONES.

2. bad kevin says:

Howard Stern’s AGT debut and the season finale of H5O.

3. DVRing HIMYM! So excited to finally put the wedding mystery to rest.

4. Hojana says:

please please please show the mother…

• hw216 says:

I bet they’ll tease it, but we won’t actually see the Mother just yet :) I’m much more excited to see Barney’s bride!

• leahbh says:

they can’t show the mother til the very last episode, that’s a series finale reveal.

• Laney says:

I don’t see how it can be… aren’t they renewed for two more years? If that’s the case, according to the timeline in the “Star Wars” episode, Ted is going to pretty well have to have met her and knocked her up by the end of the show’s run.

• Brendan says:

They’ve only been renewed for one more year officially, whether they get a season 9 is still up in the air (I’m definitely rooting for it, I think they can stay strong for that long)

• Laney says:

Thanks — I couldn’t remember whether it was this year and next or next year and the year after they’d been renewed for. I did remember the producers saying they thought the show had at least a couple years left in it, and thought they could keep it going after the mother reveal. Plus, if they have a baby that age in three years, it’s not a bad assumption that they’d at least be close to marriage by the end of next season.

• Cloudy Knight says:

One more year, please. I love the show, but it’s starting to get maddening in its circling around the mother. Thankfully, we’ll at least get to know who Barney is marrying tonight. I can’t take 44 more episodes to find out who the mother is, and I’m not a guy that has been impatient up to now. I just think it’s time to get to the end of the story that Future Ted is telling those poor kids. Also, despite what the producers may believe, once they reveal the mother, the show’s done. The ratings would plummet once the whole reason for the show is revealed.

5. Eureka (DVR)

Bones Season Finale. Bones has lost me these past few seasons but want to see what happens. Too many interns coming and going and I can’t stand Daisy! Bring Back Zack – somehow – skype w/him on cases for consult? Not thrilled with Bones and Brennan being “together”. Much more interesting when they were soulmates but “star crossed” IMO.
    This next likely their last season?

H50 Season Finale

• Jessica says:

UGH Daisy. She is too something. I don’t know if I don’t like how she is so know-it-all. Or in an episode from a couple of weeks ago when she was acting like she owned the lab. I also hate when she calls Sweets Lancelot.

• Gretchen says:

Agreed. Please please please write off Daisy. The last episode she was on, she was insufferable. I’m also not a fan of Bones and Brennan together. Too contrived, they just don’t go together to me–she needs someone intellectually in her league, what really do they have in common but where they work? Religion? Nope. Worldviews? Nope. Education? Nope.

6. Brandy says:

GG, HoD, Bachlorette, miobi

7. pinkiepie230 says:

Hawaii 5-0! It’s supposed to be a nail biter!

8. Michael says:

How I met your mother
    H50
    WWE raw

9. sarah says:

HOD
    H50
    Smash (recording)

10. May says:

So excited for Bones finale. I love the cute episodes we have had, but it’s true that we need big drama back and a good cliffhanger… for much than that hurts.

11. Tony says:

HIMYM, Bones, House, and Raw for me.

12. me says:

HART OF DIXIE! GOSSIP GIRL! H50!!

13. Watching BONES….and the big KAHUNA….H5o

14. Justin says:

Bones, House, Hawaii 5-0, Eureka and Lost Girl are on my list tonight.

15. vyn says:

I’m excited to watch Bones season finale directed by David Boreanaz himself. Big stakes. The star of a show directing the season finale? A rare occurence, a huge deal. They should have promoted it more.

16. Kevin says:

In HIMYM are we expecting Barney’s wife to be Robin? Or probably not..since they want to do what we’re not expecting? Or his current girlfriend??? Ughhh

• Skip says:

Becky Newton (the actress who plays Quinn) is in another show that has been picked up for next season, so I think we can safely say that the bride is not Quinn (unless they decide to have Barney left at the altar…)

• Brendan says:

Barney’s wedding is still a flash-forward at this point, we aren’t chronologically there yet in ‘real time.’ So actually it would be nearly impossible for it to be Quinn unless they had some guarantee that they’d have her around for a number of episodes next year, because they still have to tell a lot of the story of how Barney makes it to the altar.

17. Morgan says:

How I Met Your Mother, DVR Bones

18. Kristen says:

So, in other words, there’s absolutely nothing on for me to watch tonight. LOL I would really like to go back and watch HIMYM from the very beginning. I’ve seen episodes here and there, and I’ve always enjoyed them. Maybe that can be my summer project. :) It’s gonna be a Hulu night for me!

• leahbh says:

do you have netflix instant viewing? HIMYM is available from the beginning there.

• Give NPH another show says:

Stay Away! I saw a couple of seasons also. I remember a little being funny but not worth watching 7to8 seasons of it. It cracks me up to think at the beginning of the show when the guy was telling the story to the kids of “How he met their mother”. The two children sitting on the couch listening closely. 7 years later and i’m supposed to believe those kids are still interested in the story of how his dad met his mom. Those kids don’t care and aren’t listening to a multiple years long story. Attention span, high school, cell phones, and life have diverted their attention elsewhere. I just feel insulted when someone starts a story and 7 (?) years later it hasn’t concluded. If life after meeting his mother sucks so much, that we can’t get to that part and film some episodes from that part onward, than maybe he should have not met and married her.

• leahbh says:

to me, who the mother is isn’t really what the show is about. i don’t care. it’s about this group of friends and their journey. the title is just a storytelling device, a way to start the story. It’s about the journey, not the destination.

• Michael says:

then why do you watch TV if all you care about is the end

19. leahbh says:

I watch Syfy channel on monday nights now that Castle is over. Eureka and Lost Girl for me!

20. Miles says:

I’ll definitely be watching Bones. This finale looks SUPERB!

21. bad kevin says:

Guess someone didn’t put the series finale of Make It or Break It on the list.

22. HannahC says:

OMG Hawaii Five-0!!! Seen the promo & it looks AMAZING!!! Cannot wait :D

23. Natalie says:

Thanks for the heads up about MM being on IAS. I will certainly catch that. Also, “Bones” should be good, but I’m like three episodes behind on my DVR right now, so I’ll record it but catch it after I’m caught up. I can read the big things that happen in it on Twitter anyway. ;) Nothing else really interesting on for me tonight. The comedies on CBS sound like they might be good..always nice to have a good laugh for the evening. Thanks for the work you did on this, Matt. :)

24. c-mo says:

Bones, HIMYM, DVRing Smash and re-watching last week’s Castle (again).

25. Lois Bush says:

Bones and Hawaii 5 O are a must see tonight as well as Dancing With the Stars … and whatever else I can fit in – most of the shows I really enjoy are on Monday and Tuesday nights – enjoy everyone

26. Jules says:

MONDAY = [H]OUSE

27. Steph says:

HIMYM and H50. I cannot wait for tonight.

28. MLO says:

Well, we know Barney’s bride is NOT Quinn, thanks to the announcement about her new show; and didn’t they say at one point that the ‘mother’ ends up being Barney’s sister? Can’t remember where I heard that.

• Alan says:

thats just a very popular fan theory, one i subscribe to and have ever since it was casually mentioned that he has a half sister and then it was never talked about again, its never been said by anyone connected to the production of the show as far as i know

• Jessica M says:

Not to mention that when she was mentioned she was said to be “away at college,” which we know Ted’s wife was a college student around that time as well. It could just be a red herring, though. But I’ve liked that theory ever since I heard it.

29. JP says:

Wow, I might actually peek at HIMYM if we get to see Barney’s bride & it’s not some cheap ploy.

Whoa. Didn’t realize H5O wasn’t done yet! Will catch that OnDemand.

Watching live, definitely Eureka, possibly the Actor’s Studio.

30. Diana says:

Going to be watching BONES!!!!

31. JBS says:

HIMYM @ 8:00
    House @ 9:00
    The Bachelorette JIP (I’m a sucker for a good trainwreck)@10:00
    With regards to the HIMYM finale, here’s my wish list of stuff to happen:
    i.Marshall & Lily’s son is named either Marvin, Ted, or Barney (with Hurricane as the middle name)
    ii.This “one who got away” hopefully is cool, like Victoria or (in a dream scenario) that “girl next door” from season 5 (I know a flash-forward said they didn’t end up together, but 1 can dream)
    iii.Barney’s bride is revealed with time to spare (i.e; at 8:45-8:50) Personally speaking, I WANT the bride to be Quinn, but I THINK the bride will be Robin. I really just want an actual wedding (whenever it happens)
    iv.Probably won’t happen, but here’s hoping that Ted at least meets Carly Whitaker (Barney’s half-sister) and they make that chance meeting the cliffhanger (Yes, I too think and hope that she’ll be the mother)

32. Tiff says:

Oh come on, Matt – no love for the SERIES FINALE of Make It or Break It?!

33. Nick says:

Bones Dancing With the Stars & Smash

34. Ron says:

It’s only been a week, and I am going through “Castle” withdrawal already. Time to watch last week’s finale “Always” again…

• Becca says:

I feel your pain! Already watched it twice, but I might have to watch it again tonight. It’s about to be a long summer…

35. Boiler says:

Please get rid of AGT and Bachelor/Bachelorette!!!! These are examples of why the scripted shows don’t get a chance

36. Charlotte says:

Bones finale for me! Hoping it’ll distract me from the lack of Castle…

37. sandy says:

Bones’ finaly already!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t want them to end this season yet!!!!!!!!! I want them to be on all summer ….what happened to the extra 4 episodes????? Why can’t they be shown this summer??? aren;y they already made???? come on fox you are ruining this show with all your moves!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. Shaun says:

I’ll try watching DWTS and Bones/House all at same time(I’ll get the gist of it).Then I’ll watch H50 at 10pm.

39. G says:

DWTS, Hart of Dixie, H5O, and might catch AGT to check out Howard Stern.

40. theresa says:

Watching HIMYM, Eureka & Hawaii 5-0. DVR Lost Girl.

41. madbengalsfan85 says:

Gonna watch me some Bones!

42. tlc19 says:

Probably Bones for me… might do a little surfing over to DWTS, just because I’ve caught a few episodes… then to check out Emily and the beginning of her “journey.” Will be missing my Castle Monday nights, tho!

43. Gretchen says:

TiVoing Bones, Hawaii and Hart of Dixie and watching baseball live (Go Giants!) Saving them and a bunch of others for the summer, when I’m bored….