What to Watch: The TVLine-Up for Monday

On TV this Monday: The Actors Studio is full of Mad Men and Bachelorette Emily meets her many men, while Bones, How I Met Your Mother and eight other shows wrap their seasons. As but a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

7 pm Inside the Actors Studio (Bravo) | Mad Men cast members Jon Hamm, January Jones, Christina Hendricks, John Slattery, Vincent Kartheiser, Jared Harris and Kiernan Shipka join series creator Matthew Weiner in getting grilled by Mr. Lipton.

PREVIEW | Exclusive Gossip Girl Finale Video: Serena Desperately Tries to Save Dair!

8 pm Bones (Fox) | Season finale: When a friend of Brennan’s is murdered, the Jeffersonian team works to prove that serial killer/hacker Christopher Pelant is guilty, once and for all. But when law enforcement examines the team’s findings, key pieces of evidence cast suspicion on Brennan! (View photos.)

8 pm America’s Got Talent (NBC) | King of All Media Howard Stern joins Sharon Osbourne and Howie Mandel behind the giant Xes, while Nick Cannon continues to take on-camera mugging to unheard-of new levels.

8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | One-hour finale: In Part 1, Ted and Robin try to distract Lily during her painful contractions as Marshall and Barney race back from Atlantic City. Then, Barney’s wife is finally revealed at his future wedding day, and the gang reminisces about the time they encouraged Ted to remember the show’s frickin’ title! go after “the one that got away.”

PREVIEW | Hart of Dixie Boss Previews ‘Explosive’ Finale That ‘Will Have Huge Ramifications’

9 pm Johnny Carson: King of Late Night (PBS) | In a two-hour docu marking the 50th anniversary of Carson taking over The Tonight Show from Jack Paar and the 20th anniversary of his retirement, Emmy-winning filmmaker Peter Jones explores the TV icon’s life, career, complexities and contradictions.

9 pm House (Fox) | In the series’ penultimate outing, the Patient of the Week suffers from nose bleeds, of course, but also claims to hear his deceased brother’s voice in his head. Meanwhile, Wilson gets advice from Thirteen (returning cast member Olivia Wilde; watch video) and Foreman tries a different approach with House.

9 pm Two and a Half Men (CBS) | Season 9 finale: “Jake is pressured to make a decision about his future.” Pins and needles, I tell ya!

9:30 pm Mike & Molly (CBS) | Season finale: Everything that can go wrong does, as Mike and Molly try to finally make their trip down the wedding aisle.

9:30 pm The Bachelorette (ABC) | Bachelor Brad Womack’s onetime pick, Emily Maynard, becomes the first single mom to brave the Bachelorette crucible, as production on the series for the first time moves out of L.A. and makes camp in her hometown of Charlotte, N.C. (Review her 25 would-be suitors here!)

PREVIEW | Smash Star Teases ‘Ticking Clock’ Finale, Says Season 2 ‘Feels Like a Major Regime Change’

10 pm Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) | Season 2 finale: Five-0 is in hot pursuit of a shooter who guns down two of their own, while another team member is forced to choose which of their kidnapped loved ones will live. The last part there? Thoroughly harrowing scenes.

Comments (65)

• HIMYM, Mike & Molly, DVRing BONES.

Comment by Pinky_77 – May 14, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Isn’t ‘the one that got away’ Robin?

Comment by Olivia – May 14, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Could be Victoria.

Comment by Brendan – May 14, 2012 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Your lips to the writers ears, I hope to all get out its victoria. And robin marrying Barney would help very much with that.

Comment by JB Smooove – May 14, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • same!

Comment by l – May 14, 2012 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Howard Stern’s AGT debut and the season finale of H5O.

Comment by bad kevin – May 14, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DVRing HIMYM! So excited to finally put the wedding mystery to rest.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – May 14, 2012 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please please please show the mother…

Comment by Hojana – May 14, 2012 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I bet they’ll tease it, but we won’t actually see the Mother just yet :) I’m much more excited to see Barney’s bride!

Comment by hw216 – May 14, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they can’t show the mother til the very last episode, that’s a series finale reveal.

Comment by leahbh – May 14, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t see how it can be… aren’t they renewed for two more years? If that’s the case, according to the timeline in the “Star Wars” episode, Ted is going to pretty well have to have met her and knocked her up by the end of the show’s run.

Comment by Laney – May 14, 2012 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They’ve only been renewed for one more year officially, whether they get a season 9 is still up in the air (I’m definitely rooting for it, I think they can stay strong for that long)

Comment by Brendan – May 14, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Thanks — I couldn’t remember whether it was this year and next or next year and the year after they’d been renewed for. I did remember the producers saying they thought the show had at least a couple years left in it, and thought they could keep it going after the mother reveal. Plus, if they have a baby that age in three years, it’s not a bad assumption that they’d at least be close to marriage by the end of next season.

Comment by Laney – May 14, 2012 11:09 AM PDT
          • One more year, please. I love the show, but it’s starting to get maddening in its circling around the mother. Thankfully, we’ll at least get to know who Barney is marrying tonight. I can’t take 44 more episodes to find out who the mother is, and I’m not a guy that has been impatient up to now. I just think it’s time to get to the end of the story that Future Ted is telling those poor kids. Also, despite what the producers may believe, once they reveal the mother, the show’s done. The ratings would plummet once the whole reason for the show is revealed.

Comment by Cloudy Knight – May 14, 2012 01:49 PM PDT
  • Eureka (DVR)

Bones Season Finale. Bones has lost me these past few seasons but want to see what happens. Too many interns coming and going and I can’t stand Daisy! Bring Back Zack – somehow – skype w/him on cases for consult? Not thrilled with Bones and Brennan being “together”. Much more interesting when they were soulmates but “star crossed” IMO.
    This next likely their last season?

H50 Season Finale

Comment by Tanya (@kirads09) – May 14, 2012 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • UGH Daisy. She is too something. I don’t know if I don’t like how she is so know-it-all. Or in an episode from a couple of weeks ago when she was acting like she owned the lab. I also hate when she calls Sweets Lancelot.

Comment by Jessica – May 14, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Please please please write off Daisy. The last episode she was on, she was insufferable. I’m also not a fan of Bones and Brennan together. Too contrived, they just don’t go together to me–she needs someone intellectually in her league, what really do they have in common but where they work? Religion? Nope. Worldviews? Nope. Education? Nope.

Comment by Gretchen – May 14, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bones and Brennan are the same person. I think you mean Booth and Brennan.

Comment by English – May 14, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GG, HoD, Bachlorette, miobi

Comment by Brandy – May 14, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hawaii 5-0! It’s supposed to be a nail biter!

Comment by pinkiepie230 – May 14, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How I met your mother
    H50
    WWE raw

Comment by Michael – May 14, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOD
    H50
    Smash (recording)

Comment by sarah – May 14, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for Bones finale. I love the cute episodes we have had, but it’s true that we need big drama back and a good cliffhanger… for much than that hurts.

Comment by May – May 14, 2012 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM, Bones, House, and Raw for me.

Comment by Tony – May 14, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HART OF DIXIE! GOSSIP GIRL! H50!!

Comment by me – May 14, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching BONES….and the big KAHUNA….H5o

Comment by Rusty Rednightbird – May 14, 2012 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones, House, Hawaii 5-0, Eureka and Lost Girl are on my list tonight.

Comment by Justin – May 14, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited to watch Bones season finale directed by David Boreanaz himself. Big stakes. The star of a show directing the season finale? A rare occurence, a huge deal. They should have promoted it more.

Comment by vyn – May 14, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In HIMYM are we expecting Barney’s wife to be Robin? Or probably not..since they want to do what we’re not expecting? Or his current girlfriend??? Ughhh

Comment by Kevin – May 14, 2012 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Becky Newton (the actress who plays Quinn) is in another show that has been picked up for next season, so I think we can safely say that the bride is not Quinn (unless they decide to have Barney left at the altar…)

Comment by Skip – May 14, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Barney’s wedding is still a flash-forward at this point, we aren’t chronologically there yet in ‘real time.’ So actually it would be nearly impossible for it to be Quinn unless they had some guarantee that they’d have her around for a number of episodes next year, because they still have to tell a lot of the story of how Barney makes it to the altar.

Comment by Brendan – May 14, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How I Met Your Mother, DVR Bones

Comment by Morgan – May 14, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, in other words, there’s absolutely nothing on for me to watch tonight. LOL I would really like to go back and watch HIMYM from the very beginning. I’ve seen episodes here and there, and I’ve always enjoyed them. Maybe that can be my summer project. :) It’s gonna be a Hulu night for me!

Comment by Kristen – May 14, 2012 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • do you have netflix instant viewing? HIMYM is available from the beginning there.

Comment by leahbh – May 14, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stay Away! I saw a couple of seasons also. I remember a little being funny but not worth watching 7to8 seasons of it. It cracks me up to think at the beginning of the show when the guy was telling the story to the kids of “How he met their mother”. The two children sitting on the couch listening closely. 7 years later and i’m supposed to believe those kids are still interested in the story of how his dad met his mom. Those kids don’t care and aren’t listening to a multiple years long story. Attention span, high school, cell phones, and life have diverted their attention elsewhere. I just feel insulted when someone starts a story and 7 (?) years later it hasn’t concluded. If life after meeting his mother sucks so much, that we can’t get to that part and film some episodes from that part onward, than maybe he should have not met and married her.

Comment by Give NPH another show – May 14, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • to me, who the mother is isn’t really what the show is about. i don’t care. it’s about this group of friends and their journey. the title is just a storytelling device, a way to start the story. It’s about the journey, not the destination.

Comment by leahbh – May 14, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • then why do you watch TV if all you care about is the end

Comment by Michael – May 14, 2012 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch Syfy channel on monday nights now that Castle is over. Eureka and Lost Girl for me!

Comment by leahbh – May 14, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll definitely be watching Bones. This finale looks SUPERB!

Comment by Miles – May 14, 2012 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess someone didn’t put the series finale of Make It or Break It on the list.

Comment by bad kevin – May 14, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG Hawaii Five-0!!! Seen the promo & it looks AMAZING!!! Cannot wait :D

Comment by HannahC – May 14, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the heads up about MM being on IAS. I will certainly catch that. Also, “Bones” should be good, but I’m like three episodes behind on my DVR right now, so I’ll record it but catch it after I’m caught up. I can read the big things that happen in it on Twitter anyway. ;) Nothing else really interesting on for me tonight. The comedies on CBS sound like they might be good..always nice to have a good laugh for the evening. Thanks for the work you did on this, Matt. :)

Comment by Natalie – May 14, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones, HIMYM, DVRing Smash and re-watching last week’s Castle (again).

Comment by c-mo – May 14, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones and Hawaii 5 O are a must see tonight as well as Dancing With the Stars … and whatever else I can fit in – most of the shows I really enjoy are on Monday and Tuesday nights – enjoy everyone

Comment by Lois Bush – May 14, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MONDAY = [H]OUSE

Comment by Jules – May 14, 2012 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM and H50. I cannot wait for tonight.

Comment by Steph – May 14, 2012 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, we know Barney’s bride is NOT Quinn, thanks to the announcement about her new show; and didn’t they say at one point that the ‘mother’ ends up being Barney’s sister? Can’t remember where I heard that.

Comment by MLO – May 14, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thats just a very popular fan theory, one i subscribe to and have ever since it was casually mentioned that he has a half sister and then it was never talked about again, its never been said by anyone connected to the production of the show as far as i know

Comment by Alan – May 14, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not to mention that when she was mentioned she was said to be “away at college,” which we know Ted’s wife was a college student around that time as well. It could just be a red herring, though. But I’ve liked that theory ever since I heard it.

Comment by Jessica M – May 14, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, I might actually peek at HIMYM if we get to see Barney’s bride & it’s not some cheap ploy.

Whoa. Didn’t realize H5O wasn’t done yet! Will catch that OnDemand.

Watching live, definitely Eureka, possibly the Actor’s Studio.

Comment by JP – May 14, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Going to be watching BONES!!!!

Comment by Diana – May 14, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM @ 8:00
    House @ 9:00
    The Bachelorette JIP (I’m a sucker for a good trainwreck)@10:00
    With regards to the HIMYM finale, here’s my wish list of stuff to happen:
    i.Marshall & Lily’s son is named either Marvin, Ted, or Barney (with Hurricane as the middle name)
    ii.This “one who got away” hopefully is cool, like Victoria or (in a dream scenario) that “girl next door” from season 5 (I know a flash-forward said they didn’t end up together, but 1 can dream)
    iii.Barney’s bride is revealed with time to spare (i.e; at 8:45-8:50) Personally speaking, I WANT the bride to be Quinn, but I THINK the bride will be Robin. I really just want an actual wedding (whenever it happens)
    iv.Probably won’t happen, but here’s hoping that Ted at least meets Carly Whitaker (Barney’s half-sister) and they make that chance meeting the cliffhanger (Yes, I too think and hope that she’ll be the mother)

Comment by JBS – May 14, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh come on, Matt – no love for the SERIES FINALE of Make It or Break It?!

Comment by Tiff – May 14, 2012 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones Dancing With the Stars & Smash

Comment by Nick – May 14, 2012 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s only been a week, and I am going through “Castle” withdrawal already. Time to watch last week’s finale “Always” again…

Comment by Ron – May 14, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel your pain! Already watched it twice, but I might have to watch it again tonight. It’s about to be a long summer…

Comment by Becca – May 14, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please get rid of AGT and Bachelor/Bachelorette!!!! These are examples of why the scripted shows don’t get a chance

Comment by Boiler – May 14, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones finale for me! Hoping it’ll distract me from the lack of Castle…

Comment by Charlotte – May 14, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones’ finaly already!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t want them to end this season yet!!!!!!!!! I want them to be on all summer ….what happened to the extra 4 episodes????? Why can’t they be shown this summer??? aren;y they already made???? come on fox you are ruining this show with all your moves!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by sandy – May 14, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll try watching DWTS and Bones/House all at same time(I’ll get the gist of it).Then I’ll watch H50 at 10pm.

Comment by Shaun – May 14, 2012 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DWTS, Hart of Dixie, H5O, and might catch AGT to check out Howard Stern.

Comment by G – May 14, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching HIMYM, Eureka & Hawaii 5-0. DVR Lost Girl.

Comment by theresa – May 14, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gonna watch me some Bones!

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – May 14, 2012 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Probably Bones for me… might do a little surfing over to DWTS, just because I’ve caught a few episodes… then to check out Emily and the beginning of her “journey.” Will be missing my Castle Monday nights, tho!

Comment by tlc19 – May 14, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TiVoing Bones, Hawaii and Hart of Dixie and watching baseball live (Go Giants!) Saving them and a bunch of others for the summer, when I’m bored….

Comment by Gretchen – May 14, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post