What to Watch: The TVLine-Up for Thursday

On TV this Thursday: Community has fun in the Dreamatorium, The Office welcomes a Hero, Parks and Rec returns with a doggone twist, Kathy Griffin launches her new Bravo show and more. In addition to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are eight programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Community (NBC) | When the biology final exam is postponed, Annie and Abed hit the Dreamatorium, and what starts as an innocent simulation of Inspector Spacetime becomes a serious examination of the Greendale 7.

Vampire Diaries Preview: Tyler’s Back! But Has Caroline Been Swept Away by Klaus?!

9 pm Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) | The doctors work on a Jane Doe (Switched at Birth‘s Vanessa Marano), who turns out to be the subject of a case that gained national interest; Cristina proves to be the highest in demand as the residents begin interviews for post-residency positions; Richard is faced with an unsettling realization when he visits Adele.

9 pm Touch (Fox) | Martin and Clea work together to uncover a shocking development involving her mentally-challenged mother; Teller steps into trouble when he visits Jake at the board-and-care facility.

9 pm The Great American Manhunt (National Geographic) | Call it “The Next CSI Star.” In each episode of this new series, a team of forensic experts employs the very latest techniques and technology — as well as a bit of intuition and old-fashioned clue-busting skills — to unravel a complex mystery put before them.

9 pm The Office (NBC) | Upon Andy’s return, he and Nellie duke it out over the manager’s chair while co-workers share unwelcome S-E-X advice; Kelly is torn between the perfect man (Sendhil Ramamurthy of Covert Affairs and Heroes) and not-so-perfect Ryan.

9:30 pm Parks and Recreation (NBC) | New time slot alert! When Leslie finds out that Parks Department budget is about to be cut, she convinces Councilman Pillner (The West Wing‘s Bradley Whitford) to make trims elsewhere, resulting in unexpected new hurdles for her city council campaign. (Read our preview!)

Henry Ian Cusick Shares What Sold Him on Juicy Scandal, Teases His Visit to Lost-Like Fringe

10 pm Awake (NBC) | While he and Bird work to reunite a couple and help them enroll in the Witness Protection Program, Britten realizes that he needs to take his own advice and prepare for his new life in Oregon; Britten tries to introduce Detective Vega to his longtime confidential informant — with unexpected results.

10 pm Kathy (Bravo) | Series premiere: Two-time Emmy winner Kathy Griffin hosts the newest Bravo pop culture show, talking about everything from celebrities to politicians “while enforcing a clothing optional work environment.” Eek.

Comments (60)

• Missing
    Touch
    Just added: Scandal

Kathy Griffin? Can’t stand her mean spiritedness so pass.

Comment by kirads09 – April 19, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought I was the only one who couldn’t stand Kathy Griffith. People seem to love her, I don’t get it.

Comment by tp – April 19, 2012 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m right there with you.

Comment by Renee – April 19, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • me too… i don’t care for either. she just seems so rude and not funny at all. i don’t really like her. i thought i was the same one as well.

Comment by L – April 19, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t care for her comedy — all of that ragging on celebrities (low-hanging fruit, TBH) isn’t to my taste — but her reality show is fascinating. I’ll give her this, she works hard at it… and smartly invested that “Suddenly Susan” money.

Comment by Simon Jester – April 19, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I won’t watch anything she is on. I thought I was the only one who found her offensive and unwatchable.

Comment by Deanne – April 19, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You get offended? By a COMEDIAN? Oh sweetie..

Comment by Adriana – April 19, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • One has to be funny to be a comedian. She’s not.

Comment by Linderella – April 19, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t stand her, either. So much so that even though I love Anderson Cooper, I skipped their New Year’s Eve countdown (again)!

Comment by Linderella – April 19, 2012 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wellllllll I love her, lol. I watch zero talk shows but will try this one out because my DVR got freed up with Private Practice going to Tues.

Comment by Danielle H – April 19, 2012 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 8:00 The Vampire Diaries
    9:00 The Secret Circle
    10:00 Awake

So glad to have VAMPIRE DIARIES and SECRET CIRCLE back! Tyler and Jeremy will be back on TVD, and the Blackwell child will be revealed on TSC. It’s going to be a fantastic night of TV with these two shows! Plus, JOHN DE LANCIE will be on The Secret Circle too. Also, no more hiatuses for TVD and TSC anymore. :D

Comment by Anon – April 19, 2012 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really no Vampire Diaries on this list? I watch 6 shows on Thursdays and TVD is # 1 for me!!

Comment by sarah – April 19, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TVD
      Secret Circle
      Greys (record and watch after)
      Awake
      The office but just because my husband and I watch very few shows together so I suck it up and watch!
      Wish Person of Interest was new too!

Comment by sarah – April 19, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is bolded in red.

Comment by kirads09 – April 19, 2012 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • See the red link within the article and the reference to the linked within shows in the first paragraph.

Comment by brandizzle918 – April 19, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s in RED !!

Comment by MadameDame – April 19, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WORK IT, KATHY <3

Comment by Cavaknights (@Cavaknights) – April 19, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DVR – the Great American Manhunt. Sounds intriguing!

Comment by kirads09 – April 19, 2012 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t wait for kathy’s new show! it’s going to be hilarious like always, love her!!!

Comment by aleks – April 19, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just saw the sneak peek for Community and I am so excited. All the small details make me love the writers even more.

Comment by Amy – April 19, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping Kathy’s show is at least watchable, because my Thursdays are boring as hell now that Bones moved to Monday.

Comment by Marcus – April 19, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • VD, SC. So glad they’re back, so excited to find out who the other Blackwell child is.

Comment by Brandy – April 19, 2012 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community
    30 Rock
    Parks & Rec

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – April 19, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • look like repeat Thursday is back

Comment by Michael – April 19, 2012 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Touch & Awake (still need more viewers). Planning to watch Person of Interest next Thursday as the series heading towards its season finale on May 17th.

Comment by bad kevin – April 19, 2012 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVE Scandal!!! It is my favorite new show. IT is fast paced and the charecters are all enjoyable.

Comment by gabbyabby – April 19, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really looking forward to Scandal. It’s my favorite new show.

Comment by tp – April 19, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just you wait — next week it catapults into high gear. Insane stuff.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – April 19, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh Matt….you tease!

Comment by tp – April 19, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I gave Scandal two episodes and gave up. The characters are so extremely unbelievable….. “Gladiators in Suits!” It’s like they took every stereotypically cliche character and threw them all into one series. If some of the over-the-top-ness was done with a wink and a nudge, I might have been able to deal with it. But without acknowledgement that the characters are completely unbelievable, it’s too much for me.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – April 19, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You guys (TV Line) just posted a feature story 20 minutes ago on Henry Ian Cusick yet you do not put Scandals in your list of must see Thursday TV shows!!!! What gives???

Comment by jim – April 19, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Read the bright red print.

Comment by Renee – April 19, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I get their goal of not “re-featuring” a show that already has been featured in a separate column/article, but come on. It’s clearly not working! The bold red doesn’t make much of a difference from the previous blue links.

It just seems to add more confusion than anything when they could just restate the show in the appropriate time slot and link to their other article for additional description of the episode. But hey, if they’re okay with getting these same questions every day, I guess that’s fine! lol

Comment by Mike – April 19, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! I love when they reference Doctor Who, I mean, Inspector Spacetime, on Community.

Comment by Julia – April 19, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Person Of Interest is a rerun? Crap. Well I guess I’ll just read then.

Comment by Renee – April 19, 2012 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • since it looks like Big Bang Theory isn’t on. Im going to watch Missing.
    then Greys Anatomy! :) love that show still

Comment by L – April 19, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Person of Interest again taking a break?

Comment by niks – April 19, 2012 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TVD
    TSC
    Grey’s
    Community
    30 Rock
    Awake

I will have to catch Parks & Rec online later since its on when Grey’s & TSC is on

Comment by tvaddict – April 19, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has anyone else noticed that Touch and Person of Interest are pretty muv
    ch the same program?

Comment by Dennis – April 19, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes, I did notice that the similarities!

Comment by rubytu – April 19, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AI results Show TVD TSC and Touch for me!

Comment by Josh – April 19, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community, Vampire Diaries, and Parks and Rec. DVRing Awake! I like watching that one on Sundays.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – April 19, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parks and Recreation (welcome back!), The Office, and Missing are on my must-watch list tonight.

Comment by Justin – April 19, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KATHY \o/

(Plus NBC comedies.)

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – April 19, 2012 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why good comedies should not be on first thing in the evening: local stations decide, hey, let’s put something else on instead, like this Olympics special. No Community here again tonight.

Comment by Morgan – April 19, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community, 30 Rock and Parks & Rec, all new on the same night!! Oh, good NBC Thursday, how I’ve missed you!!

NBC live all night, Missing and Scandal in the morning.

Comment by Steven – April 19, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • scandal and tvd!!!

Comment by Lani – April 19, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy Parks and Recreation is back. I missed that show.

Comment by Theresa – April 19, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TBBT, POI if a new episode otherwise Revenge on demand

Comment by Holly – April 19, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awake, wish big bang theory was on

Comment by Nick – April 19, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grey’s Anatomy and Awake – must see TV!

Comment by Linderella – April 19, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The office is still the best show on TV

Comment by michael – April 19, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community, Touch and Awake for this guy.

Comment by Teag – April 19, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Community, 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, Awake, later Touch.

Comment by rubytu – April 19, 2012 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Greys Anatomy live and Revenge from last night when I had a video conference.

Comment by Steph – April 19, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vampire Diaries, Secret Circle, Community, 30 Rock, The Office, Parks & Rec, Awake, Missing, Greys, Scandal & Kathy. Thank god for DVR, Hulu & on demand or I’d be screwed.

Comment by theresa – April 19, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post