Fall TV Preview
Supernatural Spoilers Season 13

Supernatural Promotes Lucifer's Son to Series Regular Ahead of Season 13

Supernatural is filling the void left by Mark Sheppard’s departure with a new series regular for its upcoming 13th season — and this one’s no angel, either. (Or is he?)

Alexander Calvert, who was introduced as Lucifer’s son Jack in the CW drama’s 12th season finale, will return full-time this fall, EW.com reports.

Per his character description, Jack “struggles to understand the world he’s brought into, and the family that has taken him in” (aka Sam and Dean Winchester). As the season continues, we’ll find ourselves asking: “Will he be good? Evil? Or something in between?”

Jack was a major point of discussion — and contention — during Supernatural‘s panel at San Diego Comic-Con last month. As Jensen Ackles explained, “Now [the brothers] have this person, this thing, this entity [that] in Dean’s mind simply has to go.” Ackles said he doesn’t understand “why anyone would want to see how [Lucifer’s spawn] works out. Dean’s a bit more practical: ‘I have an idea. Let’s shoot it in the face.'”

But Sam, being “ever the optimist, is trying to figure out what to do” with Jack, Jared Padalecki shared.

In addition to his work on Supernatural, Calvert has also snagged roles on The CW’s Arrow, MTV’s Scream and AMC’s short-lived drama The Returned.

Supernatural Season 13 premieres on Thursday, Oct. 12 at 8/7c on The CW, where it will now lead into Season 6 of Arrow.

Are you excited to see more of Jack in Season 13? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. H.H. says:

Cue the two-and-a-half humans jokes now.

2. S says:

How’s the perfect time to bring back that kid from like 9 seasons ago that was like half angel or something. All grown up.

3. The Wiz says:

Wait he was in Arrow, Scream, and The Returned? Why don’t I recognize him?

4. Seraph says:

Poor lead in statement. There will never be any character able to help fill the void left by Mark Sheppard.

5. Cody Drennen says:

For some reason when I read the headline, I thought of Crowley’s son and thought it can’t be him due to him going back in time then I remembered the devil’s son in the finale.

6. Amy says:

I just hope that Sam and Dean don’t get into major fights every single episode over him. They can disagree, but I don’t want Dean secretly off doing one thing and Sam secretly off doing another where Jack is concerned. Dean did that a lot in the first half of Season 8, besides starting arguments with Sam and I hated it.

7. Dot says:

They should keep this guy and kill Sam off for good.

• Geneva Dawn Taylor says:

Noway sam stays if not it will not be the same or Dean. If both of them is not in it anymore I will not watch it anymore thats what it’s all about Sam & Dean 2 brother. Family!!!
      From 2005 to now I have watched it over & over again I have all of the series!!! 💜💕💞

• Dee says:

You realize that if they kill Sam off they kill the show off too, right? Keep dreaming.

• Ann says:

Did you forget you’re logged in through Twitter, @dottweets? So much for that nonsense about how you love Sam, huh? Thanks for showing your true colors.

• tvgeek says:

You want diversity? How about they get rid of Misha and bring Castiel back in a PoC female.

• D says:

But Dot! What about all the TFW nonsense you preach about on twitter?? It’s just that, isn’t it? Nonsense. Glad you decided to show your true colors as the Sam hater you really are. Sorry to break it to you, but SPN will never be just Dean and Cass no matter how much Sam hate you spew. SPN is Sam and Dean and always will be.

• Dot says:

I didn’t leave the comment and your hateful true colors are showing. “TFW nonsense”? You mean…family don’t end with blood, one of the major basis for the whole show.

• Howlin' Jane says:

Lol, your true colors come shinin’ through, Dot. No Sam? No SPN. Jensen has said as much. Without Sam, Dean would abandon the Impala and ride off on a motorcycle, alone. Into the sunset. Without so much as a mention of Cass, btw. *sad trombone*

• Dot says:

This is Actual Dot not Imposter Dot. I didn’t keave that comment, I don’t hate sam, I don’t want Jared off the show.

Anyone can fill in any name for a comment and link back to any twitter account.

• fail says:

You are literally logged in with your twitter acc. For BOTH comments. You can’t just “link back” to a twitter, you need to be logged in for that. You can fill in any name, sure, but then it will just show as text, not as a link to a twitter account. So, uh, if it wasn’t you, you should probably change your password, because that could only mean somebody else was logged in with your account. But… I kinda doubt that.

• Dot says:

No I was not logged in. The person who left the fake hateful comment purporting to be from me was not logged in. I was not logged in when I left the comment to debunk. I am not logged in now. I can put any email address, name, and link without logging in whatsoever. And yes it will show as a link if you add a URL into the “link” field. Which I just did, to link back to my own twitter. While I am not logged in here.

Anyone who says I hate Sam or want Jared off the show is a liar. Full stop.

• Kelios says:

Why stop there? Kill off both S&D, make the show about angels and women, that way there won’t have to be a spinoff?
      Just get rid of the brothers all together!

8. Lena says:

Isn’t it kind of weird to promote the guy without first seeing how his character pans out?

9. Not really I’ve grown to like Crowley

10. Not surprised he’s a regular. He’s Sam and Dean’s foster child.l expected to see a lot of him since his two dads are the stars of the show.

11. Sandy says:

I just want to see supernatural. U love, love, love this show. I hope it never ends. I lobe the boys. Especially Dean.

12. Washingsand says:

I really love this show. I have been watching it from the beginning. I hope it never ends. I love both boys especially Dean. Please don’t let it end.

13. Em says:

No one can or will replace Mark Sheppard. He will really be missed. Only time will tell if this will work personally I don’t think so

14. BROOKE SLONAKER says:

In the picture posted above of the new member of the cast he looks more like Cass than Lucifer!!!

15. Missy says:

Interesting 😊

16. Sharon Evans says:

Looking forward to what road he takes how they develope the character can’t wait for season 13 to start

17. D says:

Although no one can fill Mark Sheppard’s shoes and it’s a shame we lost Crowley, I’m excited that we’re getting new secondary characters for Sam & Dean to interact with.

18. Wincestotp says:

I like the idea of Sam and Dean playing my two dads!

19. Dot says:

Is this working?

20. Dot says:

Just want to see if this works

21. Christine Nappe says:

it will be different,Jack who’s dad is LuCifer and locked in another dimension will we iffy.I think Alexander was made a regular way to soon,it took Misha who most loved a good while to make a regular.Arrow,well I won’t go there.

22. Natural gal says:

Mark Shepard cannot be replced. You take Bobby from us then Charlie, now the ultimate king of bad. WHY???

23. Mikayla says:

We really don’t need another regular. Especially a white male.

24. ccaton says:

Season 12 was terrific! Looking forward to Season 13 but will miss Mark Shephard.