Will & Grace Renewed Season 10

Will & Grace Revival Already Renewed for Season 10 — Get Details

NBC’s Will & Grace revival has been already been renewed for another season, well ahead of its Thursday, Sept. 28 premiere.

The big news was announced on Thursday by network chairman Robert Greenblatt at the Television Critics Association summer press tour, just as the cast and creators assembled on stage for the show’s panel Q&A.

What’s more, the coming season — the comedy’s ninth overall — has had four more episodes added to it, for a total of 16 (all to be directed by the legendary James Burrows), while Season 10 has been picked up for at least 13.

As reported earlier this week, the “Must-See TV” series’ original, forward-flashing ending — in which Will and Grace lost touch as they started new families of their own with Vince (played by Bobby Cannavale) and Leo (Harry Connick Jr.), respectively — will be completely ignored when the revival premieres, though Leo is scheduled to make an appearance.

Does even more of Will, Grace, Jack and Karen sound like a gay old time to you?

1. Chris says:

Awesome !!!!

2. Vee Bee says:

Nice! I’m on board, as long as it’s got the same spirit of the earlier seasons but isn’t a cookie-cutter replica. That doesn’t work so well.

3. aria808 says:

I would prefer a 22-episode season 9 short seasons for 9 & 10.

• aria808 says:

*edit* I would prefer a 22-episode season 9 rather than short seasons of 9 & 10.

• Will says:

I think the shorter seasons work better. It leaves less room for duds, which always happen in 22-episode seasons

• Chris says:

I would imagine it’s also about vast availability.

• Muffy says:

For the life of me I cannot understand why some are obsessed with 22/23 episode seasons. History tells us how bad that is. Boardcast is going to have to catch up in the future. 13 episodes or no ratings.

• Temperance says:

I much perfer 6 or 13 episode seasons. It cuts the filler and makes for tight writing. And without the pressure of 22-23, the ycan send that bit of extra time on each one to make it the best it can be.

4. Cactus Rose says:

I can’t wait! That was one of the all-time best comedies on TV EVER! If ever a cast “clicked” and had that special chemistry, it was those guys. Bring ’em!

• Wendalee says:

Seeing all of them on social media, it’s so clear how good of friends they are all off the set. Cannot wait for Sept. 28!!

5. Peter says:

AHHHHHHHHHHHH hell yeah

6. Phillip says:

I’M SCREAMING!!!!!

7. padraicjacob says:

I mean I knew they confident in the show, but this seems really Bull-ish. Not that I am complaining, but it seems odd.

8. Donna J Lyles says:

Hollywood can’t come up with anything new. This is ludicrous

• Chris says:

Why is it ludicrous to bring back a beloved highly rated show, that was critically acclaimed when it was on ?

• Gern Blanston says:

Because it wasn’t really that critically acclaimed. In fact, it was heavily criticized when it first started airing. It won some Emmy’s but, not a lot. Also, the ratings really fell off by the end. The falloff started in season 5 and by the end it was getting about 50% of the ratings that it was at the height of it’s popularity.

• Margie Clark says:

I also wonder about that. The preview they had out a while ago was a bit political. If they continue that, viewers might be turned off.

• Temperance says:

So, in short, other than the blather of a few drama queens (too gay/not gay enough) and the normal course of a show run, the groundbreaking series and it’s Emmys aren’t good enough for you. Pfft.

• Gern Blanston says:

Personally, I never found it that funny. I watched the first few seasons because my wife liked it at first. But, I thought that it was just a bunch of loud, obnoxious stereotypes. I never thought that it was that groundbreaking. The characters weren’t well written or compelling. They were just basic stereotypes. I was just merely pointing out that it wasn’t highly acclaimed nor was it highly rated by the end. And if the show, by your own admission, ran it’s course then why bring it back and continue to flog this dead horse?

• Dysturbed says:

Just because people are paid good money to attempt to be creative and come up with something “new” doesn’t automatically make it easy, considering that there have been so many decades of tv shows and movies. I prefer new things too, but it’s ludicrous to expect it too often at this point. Fortunately some original and entertaining things do sometimes get made, some of which end up being successful.

9. J.B. says:

I did *hate* what at the time was the series finale. That said, I’m going into the revival pretending that Will is still with Vince or ends up with him. Wish they would have found a way to bring him back in some capacity.
    I pictured Grace going to her grave single though so I’m not bothered about Leo that much.

10. Haz says:

Jumping the gun? They should see how it performs first before renewing it for a tenth season.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

But wait, I thought networks were being begged to renew stuff based on merit/quality, not cold hard Nielsen numbers…? (Check any cancellation story comments on TVLIne.)

11. mewp12 says:

What I do not understand, if this was such a great show, why did it get cancelled in the first place. Or is it that Hollywood has realized the stuff on now is really bad.Frankly I liked it, but will it be the same? Can we now make fun of being gay?

12. Dave says:

Hey there! Hope somebody who knows stuff from the inside will be able to answer me: do you know if they’re gonna address Debbie Raynolds’ death? The relationship btw Grace and her mother was one of the main topics of the series and, story-wise, I think it would be really interesting to see how Grace would handle her mother’s death

13. Guy says:

I like the vote of confidence. This was never my favorite show, but it was often pretty funny. Most importantly, regardless of how funny the episodes were, the cast always had excellent chemistry. It’ll be nice to see them together again.

14. JNorris says:

I’m glad to see Will & Grace return, even though it does seem symptomatic of the failure of imagination that’s SOP for broadcast network execs these days. But my welcome is tempered by concern that W&G’s renewal will affect Eric McCormack’s participation in Travelers, an engaging Canadian time-travel series picked up by Netflix and renewed (back in February) for a second season.

The premise of Travelers would make recasting his role reasonably simple, but he’s good in it (as he was in the equally offbeat Perception), and it would be a shame if his fine work in Travelers were short-circuited to feed our appetite for sitcom nostalgia.

• Megan says:

Totally agree. I love Travelers. When the Will & Grace revival was first announced, they promised it wouldn’t impact Eric McCormack’s ability to also work on Travelers, but since then they’ve added episodes to the season AND renewed it for another season?? It makes me nervous for Travelers, which is such a fantastic show.

15. MMD says:

Absolutely thrilled!!

16. MMD says:

Thrilled!!!!!

17. Rhonda Hardy says:

So incredibly excited!! I can’t wait, My brother (whom is gay) and I (faghag) have it on count down…. Let’s start with Karen’s sense of humor. What a hoot!! She is classy, and sassy! Her candor is inspiring, she definitely has no filter!! Will… Wills calm, yet witty way of keeping everyone on a kilter level, love the way he is so responsible, gorgeous, and sexy! Love the way he loves Grace! His sidekick Grace…….:Miss Grace…..I have wanted to be Grace since the day I seen the very first episode aired, simply amazing, she is hilarious and so beautiful.. She has a way of making you feel like she’s your everyday woman striving to make it through life with, a career, fantastic friends, looking for the one to fill her as a whole. Very relatable…. last but not least.. JUST JACK!! How amazing is Jack. Kind, gentle, barrels of laughs, exhilarated, drama queen, a wonderful Father and Friend!!! Needless to say We are SUPER excited, and look forward to the “Crew” being back on television! Believe me, It will be a gut wrenching living room on Sept 28th!!! Rhonda&Mark… sis&bro

18. Crc says:

Wonder if they might bring back more of the must see tv line up back…..would LOVE to see Frasier reserrected.

19. Flora lee Mcfee says:

I SIMPLY CANNOT WAIT!!
    I ALMOST PASSED OUT WHEN I HEARD WILL & GRACE WAS COMING BACK!!!
    THANK YOU!!!!

T

20. Rita Avalo says:

Love will and grace so happy returning a true fan of the show