Teen Wolf Trailer: Derek, Jackson, Stiles and More Return for Final Episodes

A trio of familiar faces is booking return trips to Beacon Hills for Teen Wolf‘s final battle.

MTV on Monday released the official trailer for the back half of Season 6, which features special appearances by Tyler Hoechlin (aka Derek Hale) and Colton Haynes (aka Jackson Whittemore); Derek’s iconic eyebrows haven’t been seen around these parts since the end of Season 4, and we’ve heard nothing of Jackson since he moved to London midway between Seasons 2 and 3.

“You didn’t think you were doing this without me, did you?” Stiles asks a very excited Scott towards the end of the trailer. (Oh, right, Stiles also shows up in the trailer, effectively putting an end to the rumors that Dylan O’Brien will be completely M.I.A. from 6B.) Anyway, Derek quickly steps in front of Stiles, adding, “Without us?” There’s also a really nice shot of Stiles helping an injured Derek — while rocking FBI gear!

Jackson, meanwhile, has a blink-and-you-missed-it cameo in which he’s seen strutting down the hallways of Beacon Hills High School alongside one of the were-twins. (Real talk: I’ve never been able to tell them apart, but my money is on Ethan… you know, since Aiden is dead.)

Of course, the trailer isn’t just about who’s returning to Beacon Hills. There’s plenty of drama afoot for its current residents, with Scott and his pack bracing for all-out war. As for the final episodes’ mysterious Big Bad, Lydia is heard explaining, “We opened a door to another world… and something came out with us.” (So do with that what you will.) And, um… Is that Scott and Malia in the shower together?!

We also get our first look at new hellhound Halwyn (played by Eye Candy‘s Casey Deidrick), as well as someone who appears to be Kate Argent. This should all be a lot of fun.

Teen Wolf‘s final run kicks off Sunday, July 30 at 8/7c. What are you most excited to see? Hit PLAY on the trailer above, then drop a comment with your hopes and fears below.

1. A says:

But where’s Kira?
    I miss her Saiyan modes, hehehe

2. Nathan says:

Omg I can’t wait. Sad but it’s about time

3. GrumpyMittens says:

*sits back and watches tumblr explode*

4. Dominique says:

this looks awesome, and i’m glad we’ve got so many returning.
    leave it up to jeff davis to screw with the sterek fans right up until the very end though.

• JC1 says:

Haha what I was thinking.

• Jason says:

I wouldn’t consider it screwing with the Sterek fans, as much as a tip of the hat to them. There was never even the most remote possibility that an actual relationship between them would have happened.

• Craig says:

Agreed Jason. It was established from the beginning that Derek was straight as they come. Stiles was slightly more ambiguous. Sterek was never going to be an actual relationship.

• Casey says:

I agree with this, in terms of what’s shown on the screen. The problem is that Sterek fans really made the show popular, and Jeff Davis, outside of the show and especially on social media, was saying things like “he could be convinced” to make Sterek canon. The show on the screen didn’t make Sterek as a couple (not just PICs) all that possible – but all of the baiting that Jeff and the production team did outside of the show was really ill-advised. They’re the ones who made people think it was possible and strung them along. Then they acted like they never did that on screen, and even worse, kept Stiles and Derek more and more separate as the show went on (until Tyler left).

• Ben says:

Yepe.. furthermore they are main characters. There is no way that they are gonna end up been gay… that only happen in unconventional shows (like The 100). It would be a bold move for a “regular” show like TW that nobody would see coming tho.

• Dominique says:

when you essentially do everything in your power to make sure sterek share as few scenes as possible starting with the 3rd season because you realize sterek fans are actually serious and you never meant for it to get that far, and then use new footage of them in the trailer while stydia, who is supposedly the main couple now, is nowhere to be seen, even though you have absolutely no intention of making sterek canon ever, then yes; you are screwing with your fans. jeff davis knows exactly how to play us, it’s not a tip of the hat, it’s teen wolf once again playing the fans just to get them to watch.

• Jason says:

It’s also possible that this was just the best moment for the trailer, as it was a dramatic reveal of both characters, simultaneously. The whole trailer is designed to throw the unexpected at the viewer. Not just the return of Stiles and Derek. There’s no Stiles and Lydia, because we already know about that. And I would say Stiles and Derek don’t show up until well into the season. Maybe past the half way point.

5. Lola says:

Stiles and Derek. That’s all.

6. lisa says:

Malia and Scott!!!! Oh snap!
    I hope this is as good as the first part of the season, which was the best since season 3A

7. BB says:

Sterek 😍

8. Jason says:

I can dig Scott and Malia together. I always liked her, just not with Stiles. It was always about he and Lydia for me. Speaking of which. As long as those two walk out together, I’ll be happy with the end.

9. Alinea Turner says:

It’s Liam who has the Michael J. Fox hair, not Theo

10. Poppy says:

Derek and Stiles back together!

11. Craig says:

I was a bit deflated about the final episodes to be honest. I haven’t really looked forward to a Season since 4 – although I’ve still been watching. Having seen the trailer I am actually excited now to see it, especially with everyone returning to Beacon Hills.

Given Stiles’ FBI vest – I’m hoping for a secret Supernatural Division. Mieczyslaw ‘Stiles’ Stilinski is made for the position.

• I had the same thought… it would be a cool storyline. :) I’ll be glad to see Stiles and Derek interacting again. I’m also looking forward to seeing a positive change in Jackson.

12. Ditzy-D says:

I was thinking about not watching the last 10 but now knowing that Dylan and Tyler are showing up, I think I will check it out.

13. Roe says:

it would be great to see a spinoff with stiles working for FBI in a supernatural division! 😉

14. Roe says:

This doesn’t seem like it’s the continuation of the first half…

15. Tiffany says:

Where’s Mason and Hayden??

16. Ventriixz says:

I just Hope scott and malia Will stick together and dont end up like Alison ir kira
    In a time jump they Will be Married and have 2-3 kids

17. Alex Jadiel says:

Even if Daniel Sharman doesn’t come back for this season of Teen Wolf I hope the producers can convince him for a cameo for the Finale. It would be truly meaningful to simply see Isaac Lahey for a few seconds getting out of a bus, car or even entering the McCall House.

18. Alex Jadiel says:

I really hope we Jeff Davis and the producers leave a door open or a hint at the Finale for a completely new adventure to begin in some other place. Kind of what they did with Pretty Little Liars, except there it didn’t work.

19. Alex Jadiel says:

Hopefully after Jeff Davis would one day return to Teen Wolf and direct a Spin-Off with entire new characters starting with just teen beta vs Hunters and the World. He could one day do a Sequel Teen Wolf series the way George Lucas wasn’t fully able to do with Star Wars.

20. I am liking the spin off ideas. I never really thought about that but it would make sense. I am excited for these last 10 episodes and about past characters coming back.

21. Paula says:

Where’s Isaac?

22. chantall meyer says:

here is the thing a spinn off starring Lydia with all her Banshee powers.

23. John says:

Too bad Jackson wasn’t still the Kanima. In season 2, he was lethal. Please get rid of Theo. The dude is a flake……You know who should come back and help Scott? Deucalion.