Which Dance Show Is Best? Did Saul Crash Shock? Psych vs. Malfoy? Did Tonys Waste Time? And More TV Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Orange Is the New Black, So You Think You Can DanceAnimal Kingdom and The Carmichael Show!

1 | Orange Is the New Black bingers, what from Episodes 7-10 made you queasier: Piscatella ripping the hair out of Red’s scalp with a knife, breaking Alex’s arm with his own bare hands, or seeing that Red had cut off a piece of Humphrey’s thumb?

RELATED Bachelor in Paradise‘s DeMario Jackson: ‘My Character Has Been Assassinated’

2 | Did two seasons’ worth of unspeakable UnREAL antics steel you somewhat for whatever unfortunate drama is unfolding behind-the-scenes on Bachelor in Paradise?

3 | Why didn’t the Tony Awards just offer Rachel Bloom the hosting gig, seeing as she was available and about to pass out from excitement backstage? How long did it take you to realize that American Idol runner-up Justin Guarini was leading the In Memoriam song? And how is that the telecast made time for multiple, extended Kevin Spacey impressions, but not the legendary James Earl Jones’ complete Lifetime Achievement speech? (As for Spacey’s final showcase: Given how Season 5 of House of Cards ended, wasn’t it a “continuity error” for him to appear as President Frank Underwood?)

4 | Admit it: Fear the Walking Dead‘s Geoff made you want your own walker head in a birdcage, didn’t it — at least for Halloween?

5 | This is nice and all, Facebook, but who will step up and save Sweet/Vicious?

6 | We half-expected the Battle of the Network Stars cast to be 90 percent reality-TV rejects, and yet it isn’t. Is the cast of 100 a bit starrier than even you expected?American Ninja Warrior

7 | Has an American Ninja Warrior obstacle ever beat up as many contestants as the Fly Wheels during the Season 9 premiere?

8 | Does Fox’s Superhuman really need a judges’ panel featuring Mike Tyson and Christina Milian, given the 60 seconds they actually spend judging?

9 | Now that you’ve laid eyes on the “back to basics” So You Think You Can Dance and seen three weeks of World of Dance, which of the two is your current favorite?

10 | Wasn’t Kim’s car accident on Better Call Saul just as shocking and devastating as any Breaking Bad death? And is what Jimmy did to poor old Irene just about the worst thing we’ve seen him do, including as Saul Goodman?iZombie Jason Dohring

11 | iZombie fans, does this make up for the long wait for Jason Dohring’s guest arc?

12 | How the hell did Animal Kingdom manage to turn Pope into a character who’s easier to root for than even J? And how heartsick does it make you to find yourself ‘shipping Pope and Amy despite the fact that you know it’s going to end horrifically?

13 | After hearing how it was described by Jerrod Carmichael, do you think NBC was wrong to preempt The Carmichael Show‘s mass shooting episode? What’s more, would you agree that the episode that replaced it — about beauty and superficiality — turned out to be the series’ worst episode?

14 | Is Psych baddie Zachary Levi playing a grown-up Draco Malfoy or the son of Bond villain Max Zorin?

15 | Friday Night Lights‘ Luke Cafferty and Matt Saracen are never going to share scenes on Kingdom, are they? Also: How loudly were you shouting at Ryan and Jay, “Don’t fight so close to the very expensive house’s plate glass windows!”?

16 | Are Fargo‘s Nikki and Mr. Wrench going to take their kick-ass partnership to the next level and get romantic? Why didn’t Wrench kill Varga’s henchman Meemo when he had the chance? FargoAnd that embrace between Officers Burgle and Lopez — a Top 10 franchise moment? Top 5?

17 | Are you actually surprised The Talk‘s Aisha Tyler went this long without giving up one of her bigger TV gigs? (Even The Great Ryan Seacrest isn’t potentially on TV four times per week!) And who should fill her vacant seat on the gabfest?

18 | Could Nashville‘s Maddie have acted anymore like an entitled b…rat when she and Clay got pulled over by the cops? Also: Where is Avery? And when is he going to get a storyline?The Ranch

19 | What’s more jarring about Netflix’s The Ranch: The use of F-bombs in a multi-camera sitcom, or the fact that it features TV characters openly smoking?

20 | Doesn’t Glenn Close’s new zombie comedy pilot Sea Oak just read like a Grace and Frankie‘d version of Santa Clarita Diet?

Hit the comments with your answers – and any other Qs you care to share!

1. Bwhit says:

15) Ryan and *Jay :)

2. George H. says:

10 – Kim’s accident didn’t surprise me to be honest. Kind of figured it was coming with Jimmy saying she looked tired and the way she was rushing. That said, Jimmy really ticked me off for what he did to Irene. I knew he scammed people, but didn’t think he’d go so low.

3. Natalie says:

10…Yes & yes!

4. KayCeeCee says:

7) ANW: they need to get rid of that obstacle! I wasn’t sure that Daniel “Sapper Ninja” Moreno would finish the race given that so much blood was running into his eyes.

5. Shar says:

RE # 3 – a word I never thought I would say in conjunction with Kevin Spacey but here it is – lame. Everyone one of his bits were tired, trite and over produced. It’s a shame.

• PFitzDC says:

I agree completely. I love Spacey in general and recognize that he has a long connection with the theater, but it was one of the worst hosting performances in a long time. It would have been better to have him just introduce things a la Angela Lansbury than to waste time with the played out “bits.”

6. skrable2a says:

3. Whoever made the decision not to show the Lifetime Achievement Award presentation to James Earl Jones at the Tonys should have their head examined. A truly bad mistake to make, particularly when so much of the show was devoted to useless material. (The Johnny Carson impression skit in particular.)

• KayCeeCee says:

I wonder what was the logic in not including it. James Earl Jones is movie icon, and I suspect a theater icon as well (I do not know much about theater).

• angeldove says:

Yes, he is a theater icon as well. He has 2 Best Actor Tony Awards, and other noms. It was extremely disrespectful to not show his Lifetime Achievement Award presentation, presented to him by them!

7. Haz says:

No one is questioning how Veep wasted the talents of Jean Smart and Stephen Root as Gary’s parents? What could have been TV gold was…well anything but? Also did Kevin Dunn and Smart end up even having a scene together? If they could get Christina Applegate to guest it will be the closest thing we will ever get to a Samantha Who reunion. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that Smart and Root will be brought back next season for a bigger arc.

8. Winter says:

19) I’d say the most jarring thing about the ranch is that it stars a habitual rapist.

• KT says:

Agreed. I think it was “interesting” of TV Guide to have Ashton on the cover and interview him about having a quality show for people to watch. I’m not feeling there is anything of quality on his show at all. I like Sam Elliott, but I’m not putting any time into a show like that.

• JustJules says:

I think I missed something, who is the habitual rapist?

• Winter says:

Danny Masterson is being investigated for at least 3 rapes. There are police reports you can read if you google it. And it’s going to be covered on the next season of Scientology and the Aftermath.

9. Roof says:

13. I don’t think the Carmichael Show had a weak episode in replacement, especially when it gave Amber Stevens West a chance to shine. She slayed that rambling rant at the end.

10. Walkie says:

“Wasn’t Kim’s car accident on Better Call Saul just as shocking and devastating as any Breaking Bad death?”

No. Not even close.

The bold move would have been to have her killed in that crash.

Saul is too safe. Needs to up the urgency and danger.

• SteveS. says:

Agreed – show is too cautious. With Kim never being mentioned on BrBa half expected her to fall asleep and get wiped out by a semi

11. Liz says:

3) I don’t know whether Rachel Bloom would make a good host. She is great in small doses. Unsure where it would just be too much.

9) SYTYCD – a 100% JLo free zone – how can WOD possibly beat that?

12. KLS says:

Thought I’d never see those four words together, ever: “The Great Ryan Seacrest”.

13. Jason Paul says:

9. I’m enjoying World of Dance, but SYTYCD still best.

• I love SYTYCD, so glad Mary is back. Sadly I couldn’t get through even the 1st episode of World, too much… I dont know the word, BS is the only thing I can come up with.

• Temperance says:

There is a lot of ’empty’, ‘filler’, and ‘fake’ going on… and it’s much too slow.

• Tatna says:

I agree, it’s too much JLo proving she dominate one more thing. I want to see her in Shades of Blue and that’s it, she needs to sit down. The Olympics of Dance? Please!!

• meleliot says:

I also couldn’t get through the first episode without wanting to scream “too much J-Lo”. It was painfully obvious it was her show, and I knew it was a no go for me when the tappers got the boot. SYTYCD is head over heels the more superior dance show.

14. mpsutts says:

I’m all about World of Dance. It’s ratings system and competition structure is thoughtful and fair and im excited to see all my favorites interact and preform.

15. Chris says:

9) WoD is good, but SYTYCD is still the gold standard (despite the occasionally insufferable Nigel).

• Corky says:

I don’t get the point of dance competitions. Hollywood rarely puts out a musical, there really aren’t any current dance “stars” [like Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire etc.]. Watching people dance seems like watching someone swim. Why?

• I’m not excited to see Mary’s screaming return to the judge’s desk, but I am a diehard fan of SYTYCD because it is a real showcase of exquisite talent and has brought us closer to some of the most amazing choreographers in the country. Please don’t scream, Mary. Hot tamales–ok–when they are earned. World of Dance feels like a homecoming for a lot of the dancers we have seen for years on Dance Crew, SYTYCD, and other outlets.

• Jimmy says:

Sytycd is better but I like some of the acts on WOD. Do they plan on having the new contestants dance with the all stars immediately this year? Or are they going to wait for top 10?

16. Chuck says:

In answer to question Number 3, most viewers don’t know who Rachel Bloom is. You don’t draw ratings with a host who has the lowest rated scripted show on TV, on The CW at that.

As for dance shows, I’m still on the So You Think You Can Dance hot tamale train. World of Dance has some great dancing, but the show is so freaking over-produced in the same awful template as all the other NBC reality competitions with that swelling music to create fake emotion, it just makes me angry. And the judges’ showboating too. And why is Jenna Dewan Tatum lurking around backstage? Isn’t she supposed to be the host? Have they let her on stage since the first episode? Give me Cat Deeley and Mary Murphy any day.

17. PFitzDC says:

SYTYCD is still my fave. Whenever I’ve turned on WOD, it’s always a large group of hip-hop/breakers doing variations on the same moves. Are they showing other dance styles and I’m just missing them?

18. ella jasper says:

Love Daphne and Maddie on Nashville, but they get too much airtime. We want music! Not interested in the homeless story line. And please give JJ more screen time. Oh yeah, get rid of Zach too. We need Bucky!

• Mary says:

Totally agree about the homeless story. I rarely fast-forward through any plot line on a show I regularly watch, but I just could not care less. And same for Zach – most boring billionaire ever! I’ve always enjoyed the cast of characters on this show, but Connie/Rayna must have really been the linchpin of it all, as a lot of spark seems to have flickered out. I hope the 2 new characters they are adding soon can bring some of it back.

19. Ray says:

9. SYTYCD trumps World of Dance–no contest. They’re not even in the same league. One is full of gimmicks and has a judging panel full of blowhards, while the other is genuinely focused on finding talented and versatile dancers and offers sage advice to the contestants.

20. Amy L Mallery says:

SYTYCD is still better than World of Dance. The dancers on World of Dance are amazing, but it is like comparing apples to oranges. How can you compare a single 14 year old dancer with a group of 20 dancers? If someone in each category won, that would be different, but pitting them all against each other is not fair. Further, the judges talk to the dancers on World of Dance, and then the dancers are judged on the dance and the conversation, not just on the dance. Finally, World of Dance has not announced if they will allow the public to vote on the winners. The public should be allowed to vote. It is fun to watch World of Dance, but SYTYCD is the better dance show. I love watching the dancers learn and grow from being on the show.

• Shannon Wright says:

I actually don’t mind that public opinion is not involved, on the very same basis that they are swayed by what production shows them, acts using their social media for support instead of their show performance, possible overenthusiastic one-sided voting, etc. As someone who is just a fan of the dancing, that’s all I really care about, and can’t help but remember all of those times that “America got it wrong”.

21. 11 | That scene with Jason Dohring getting a tan was amazing. I felt like it went on forever, in the best possible way. The man’s so intense, it’s like time slows down when he’s on screen.
    18 | Are you serious? I don’t watch Nashville anymore but I just had to comment on this. Maddie’s still a brat? What is it going to take for that girl to gain some maturity? Something tragic happening to her? Oh wait…

22. evababy says:

SYTYCD >>>>>>>>>> World of Dance.

And when Mary isnt screaming she gives great critical feedback, especially for ballroom. WOD is too flashy and over-produced. SYTYCD makes real tv magic when it pairs the right couple with the right song and the right choreographer. Now excuse me as I go re-watch Lacey and Danny’s Hip Hip Chin Chin Samba, Jamie and Hok’s Hummingbird, Sabra and Neil’s fun Sweet Dreams Jazz dance with a table, and Ellenore and Jakob’s funky Sonyah Teyah dance.

23. Temperance says:

9 – SYTYCD is best by at least a hundred times.

24. Mary says:

6) Actually, just the opposite. I LOVED Battle as a kid, and was so excited for the reboot. But out of the 100 “stars” that will be competing, there are barely 5 I have any interest in at all. Very disappointed that I feel no need to watch it now.

25. Jane says:

19-I’ve only made it through part of season one, but the F bombs throw me off every single time. It feels really out of place and bizarre. It pulls me out of the show every time because I do a double take and then remember this is Netflix not a normal sitcom. It’s weird.

26. JULIE BLAKE says:

SYTYCD is best!! A no brainer. Comparing the two, WOD isn’t that entertaining. It’s anti climatic for us watching. Nothing really for audience to get invested in!

27. JULIE BLAKE says:

9. SYTYCD is thee best!! A no brainer. Comparing the two, WOD isn’t that entertaining. It’s anti climatic for us watching. Nothing really for audience to get invested in! SYTYCD ALL THE WAY!

28. Clara says:

Sytycd ftw!

29. bridyyc says:

World of Dance is almost unwatchable. It’s a dance show for Autistic people. It’s all flashing lights, neon, big busy sound, and sparkle. An hour and I see what, 3 maybe 4 dances? A scoring system out of 100 that never seems to leave the range of 88-92. Just awful.

SYTYCD is the benchmark. It’s aged and needs a refresh, but based on their recent attempts to refresh, I’ll take it as-is. They need new people to make the decisions. The existing ones clearly don’t have a clue. Hint – g’bye Nigel!

30. Kelly says:

I LOVE LOVE So You Think You Can Dance!! I’ve watched every season!!