Post Mortems
Famous In Love Season 2

Famous in Love Cast Debates Those Sexy, Deadly Season Finale Cliffhangers

The future of Famous in Love may still be up in the air, but that isn’t stopping its stars from speculating about what Season 2 might have in store.

The Freeform drama’s first season finale, which made its network debut on Tuesday, presented us with two big cliffhangers, beginning with the question everyone will be asking until the show (ideally) returns for round two: Who shot Barrett Hopper?

Given the characters’ scattered whereabouts towards the end of the episode, there are a number of potential suspects, and the actors aren’t above accusing anyone — including their own characters. “I’m not going to lie, Jordan is on my list,” Keith Powers tells TVLine, a theory shared by several of his co-stars, including Perrey Reeves (aka Nina).

Speaking of Reeves, a number of actors — including Carter Jenkins (Rainer) and Niki Koss (Alexis) — are pointing the finger at Nina, or as Koss theorizes, “someone who works for Nina.”

Either way, series star Bella Thorne isn’t too worried. “Whoever it is, it’ll be someone who you can still see eye-to-eye with afterwards, I think,” she tells TVLine. “You’re not going to hate them for doing this.”

And then there’s cliffhanger No. 2: Following Jake’s 11th-hour arrival at the Locked press conference, will Paige choose to be with him? Or is she firmly committed to Rainer? Once again, the cast has some thoughts…

Naturally, Jenkins is pulling for Paige to pick Rainer, while Charlie DePew is pretty confident that Jake still has a shot with his old roommate. But Thorne’s answer just might surprise you:

“I like Paige and Rainer together,” she tells us. “Personally, when I’ve dated somebody not in the business, they just don’t understand. It’s easier to be with someone who understands that when I’m posting on social media all the time, it’s not just for fun. It literally pays my bills.”

Of course, Thorne also points out that Paige “gets with all the characters in the books at some point, so no one will be disappointed for too long.” (Good point!)

But the biggest cliffhanger of all remains: Will Famous in Love get a second season? Grade the finale and drop a comment with your thoughts on the show’s future below.

1. Lyndy says:

I hope the show is renewed but I’m fine either way. It is an ok-ish show…stuck with it because of Bella Thorne.
    In earlier episodes I was rooting for Paige & Jake…but yikes, Jake just became a first class douche overnight.
    Rainer is clueless but he has a good heart and genuinely cares for Paige and people around him. I was expecting him to be the douche-y one. So I prefer Paige & Rainer for now….I want to see a Paige and Jordan pairing though.
    I’m pretty sure Rainer’s dad killed Barrett

2. AmyB says:

Love this show! The chemistry between Paige and Rainer is great. I don’t think it would work with Jake and Rainer just relaly needs her now. I think Nina shot Barrett, or Jordan. Or maybe even Jordans mom. Love this show, hope it gets picked up for another season.

3. BB says:

I had a lot of fun binging this on Hulu a couple of weeks ago. Its not a great show but it’s a perfect way to kill some time, especially during the part of the tv season when all regular programming is on hiatus. Hopefully it comes back next summer.

4. Amanda says:

I love that show know that show ” famous in love “beacame my everything I love it the scale of 1 to 10 I give you more than 10😍😍😍😍 paige and rainer will look together bc they have each others back when they get the interviews and they make history together.

5. Alexis says:

Alright listen up freeform producers out there we/I will not stand for you leaving a cliffhanger for Famous In Love just like you did for Recovery Road and Twisted. I am really looking forward to seeing a season 2 of Famous In Love so I better see a season 2!

• Galls Schulz says:

I agree really bad. If there is not a second season I will kill myself. I really need to see what happens next… PLSS!!!

6. Lexa says:

Omg they need to do another season this show is so good and it’s very interesting

7. Rachel says:

I love this show so much. But this would be better for “Famous in love” to have a second season. And I don’t think that Paige should choose Jake she should choose Rainer cuz they have more chemistry together and there are better off together.

8. Rayshawn says:

This series is awesome, can’t wait to see what season two brings. I’m hoping Paige chooses to date Jake…I can’t wait to find out.

9. Makayla says:

Yes..I want a season 2 and I also want PAIGE AND RAINER because they are obviously cute together they also have there little sign together and would love to see that in action on season 2 and the show is called “famous in love” so she needs to fall in love with the one who is Famous..I will take this to my own grave with me it’s RAINER..it will always be him he is the one that stood bye her the ENTIRE time even when she was at her hardest every second and moment he cared about her never turned his back on his word he would do anything for her and what did Jake do ohh..right he’s the one that was probably pissed of at her for like..everything she did with this movie and he was also going to just leave her…so he thought he would just appear and everything would be OK no..first he was SOOO mad at her and he was even sleeping with that chick..and RAINER never did anything to her RAINER has always had her back from the first moment they meet I saw it the way they kiss each other there is no way that was acting but at the same time it was..if you do a vote RAINER would win even on a video I watched about the show Bella said she wanted it to be Carter and viscera.. So let it be if they both want it to be each other it would make a better show cause there more in vested in it..oh and I was saying I VOTE FOR RAINER AND PAIGE …RAGE

10. Sigorney Rijaard says:

She better not choose rainer , the whole season she goes on and on about jake . she should be with jake

11. BRI says:

I love famous in love its a great show and I hope it comes back for season 2.
    I really think Paige (Bella thorne ) (August) should be with Rainer,
    Jake had his chance and I’m really hoping she piccks Rainer he changed for her.

12. M.A.D. says:

Jake: Male Prostitute
    Alexis: Praying Mattus

13. Skylar says:

I really love the show. Definitely would like Jake and Paige together. Yes Jake has become a terrible friend but they care and try to help each other. I also think Jordans mom killed Barrett. Please be a second season because why leave it on a cliffhanger.