Scream Queens Cancelled

Scream Queens Cancelled at Fox

The writing’s been on the wall for some time, but just for the heck of it, let’s make it official: Scream Queens will not return for a third season on Fox.

“We won’t be seeing Scream Queens this season,” Fox Television Group CEO Gary Newman told reporters Monday. “Scream Queens was an anthological series. Ryan [Murphy] told the story of the group of characters he created over the course of the two seasons. It feels as if it was a complete story. We have no plans at this point to go back there and tell more stories.”

Scream Queens‘ second season — a hospital-based disaster that featured new characters played by John Stamos, Taylor Lautner and Kirstie Alley — wrapped in December.

In case you missed the season series finale — judging by the ratings, there’s a good chance you did — here’s how things ended for the show’s collection of madcap misfits: Chanel No. 5 and Zayday are now running the hospital, Hester and Dr. Brock are living (and killing) large on Blood Island, Dean Munsch has become a world-famous “sexpert” based out of Aspen, and Chanel No. 1 is hosting her own TV talk show (with No. 3 as her producer).

The final scene also saw the return of the Red Devil, the disguise used by the killer(s) of Scream Queens‘ first season. Unfortunately, this new masked man (or woman!) was never identified, leaving us to wonder… forever.

Adding to the predictability of the show’s cancellation, several prominent cast members have already joined new projects; Billie Lourde snagged a major role in the upcoming seventh season of American Horror Story, while Lea Michele starred in an ABC comedy pilot which has since been ordered to series.

Are you disappointed to hear that Scream Queens won’t be back in the fall? And are you (at all) surprised? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. joe says:

There is a god

• Jo Garret says:

Some of you are wacked! This was the funniest show in forever! I laughed so much! Sorry to see it go.

• Caligula says:

you have no sense of humor if you think that was good! Raise the bar, dumdum!

• Kevin L Kirkpatrick says:

Anytime u want to be reminded how disgustingly rude and self evolved society is just read the comments section of some random article. Whatever. I loved the show and was a fan of alot of the cast so it made me want to stay loyal and like it even if I didn’t. I wish things could have been tweeked and changed and it ended as a trilogy but I’m not gonna act like the show was trash. It had alot of greatness.

• Kevin L Kirkpatrick says:

Agreed

• I Know what you mean.. at the beginning the Show was kind of Satanic, and I didn´t like it either. I watched it because I was curious where does the show goes! I was about to turn against the show….but they stoped beeing Satanic…luckily… in the season1 ep10-11 as far as I can remember and I started to like it then…

• Scream Queen has potential, I mean they could do so much with a little imagination, it could be one of the best shows ever! If I´m gonna become a producer one day, I´m gonna do this show!

2. Jason says:

I’m mainly wondering why they waited so long to announce this.

• Ray says:

Oh bugger. I was hopeful despite the numbers because of the supremely delayed announcement In the past it seems to have indicated some studio negotiations. :\

• Caligula says:

Inside info is that they wanted to cancel after Season 1 but Murphy had two season minimum in contract

3. lifeofanoddball says:

Hulu or Netflix! You know what to do!

4. Joey Bishop says:

It was more than obvious that it was going to be canceled, this series was dead, FOX was slow to say what was obvious,

• Scream queens season 2 was rushed Episodes 1,3,10 should have been a part 2 episode , Denise should have been as part of the main cast and to kill her off and then bring her back in the last episode was a big mistake . Also killing off chad was a big mistake . hopefully Scream queens can come back as a movie or a 2 more seasons as a prequel .

5. Michael says:

So very sad. A legendary show.

• Caligula says:

Youre high-it was so bad-not clever at all. A handful of millennials liked it because they have no taste in humor

6. Adam says:

Awe :( I loved this show!

7. Haz says:

The statement regarding SQ makes it seem as if Ryan decided not to continue with the show, not Fox. Even if this season ended on a cliffhanger there would have been maybe a 1% chance of it being renewed.

8. Anne says:

Good. That show had too much on-screen talent that was being tortured with terrible writing and plots.

9. lifeofanoddball says:

Ridiculous to make fans wait this long and then cancel

• Caligula says:

aw, the three fans can just deal

10. bostongreekgirl (@BostonGreekgirl) says:

About time this had to be one of the worst shows out there. Can’t believe it had a 2nd season.

11. Ken says:

I personally loved it and thought it had some truly laugh out loud moments. Some of the dialogue from the character of Chanel Oberlin was truly hysterical. And I will really miss seeing Jamie Lee Curtis on my tv. I was hoping for a third season just to see where they would have taken the characters and to find out who was in the red devil mask at the very end. Hopefully they will release the second season on DVD/Bluray.

12. Fox Did something right by Cancaling Scream Queens

13. kmw says:

Thank goodness. Scream Queens didn’t deserve to come back last season let alone this one. An overhyped show that never got off the ground like FOX wanted

14. Anonymous says:

Good riddance! Overhyped garbage that didn’t live up to expectations.

15. chadcronin says:

When I first heard about this show I was hoping it would be a different story every week and they would focus more on horror and bring in an old scream queen for each episode for her story. Kind of like a Masters of Horror or Fear Itself. As far as what we got, I ended up liking a lot of the characters and actors but the plot they used second season was a bit eh to a point. I feel the same way as I did with Popular, they had a pretty good first season then they started taking me away from what I liked, but i still feel like they could course corrected. Oh well, I can always watch old episodes. Now if they would finally get Popular out on digital please.

16. No really a suprise here. I tried to watch in S1, and in the terrible S2, but i couldn’t care. The show was all over the place and they didn’t even had a interesting plot.

17. Maluma says:

I actually really enjoyed season 1. Season 2 was simply unwatchable.

18. T.W.S.S. says:

It really should have ended after season one. I’ve never seen a show decline in quality so quickly. And I’m sad that season two undid the friendship between Chanels No. 1 and 5.

19. beergas says:

Agree that Season 1 did have some really fresh topical cutting gags that spiked bloated social targets. Toward end of season it was pushing to keep it together. Then the switch to hospital setting and the new players, well one attempted viewing was more that enough. RIP

20. JeffO says:

NOOOOOOO I loved this show. Season 1 was the best. 2 was a bit off but it could have definitely redeemed itself.

21. Nedsdag says:

I never understood the premise of this show.

22. Jim J. says:

I may have avoided “Scream Queens” because the ratings and reviews weren’t good enough (though a few reviews of it were positive). “SQ” did sometimes make good use of 1980s pop music, like T’Pau’s “Heart and Soul” and Belinda Carlisle’s “Mad About You”.

23. Mercedez says:

I loved scream queens and the cast . Jamie Lee Curtis is the bomb. Sad to see the show canceled😢

24. Kelly says:

Wahhhhhh. I just love the humor on this show. I knew it was coming, but I’m still upset.

25. Piper says:

This sucks I LOVED scream queens. It was funny and different. It was suppose to be over the top for all those ripping it. Fox was the wrong channel to have it on. It should be on FX.

26. In the beginning I didn´t want to watch the show(season 1,ep 1,2) It was pretty Satanic( dancing with the devil, If you know what I mean..)…I would love to see Chad back… He could play his dead…He played his dead beacause he is affraid to get married… and Chanel could retain her Fortune, as soon as one of her Parents Read in Newspaper an article about their Daughter( she was brave, they are proud of her), they find out she is not Guilty and has nothing to do with murder or something similar :)

27. Martha says:

Noooo!!!! You guys have to come back.

28. Joy Kocher says:

My family and I were on edge of every episode. Wish it got renewed. We were really looking for it to be on longer than that 😑😐😖😞😔

29. Rand says:

I am disappointed as there are no good horror-black comedy shows on tv, or movies anymore as far as that goes. Anything Jamie Lee Curtis is in I’m a fan. Hoping she will be asked to do American Horror Story. Miss seeing her in her scream queen roles, she has done enough other movies to prove herself, but horror is what she is known for.

30. SQ is the best says:

OMG! I WISH THE WILL GO BACK. PLEASEEE. I REALLY LOVE CHANEL NUMBER 1. SHE ARE SO CRUEL BUT VERY COOL AND I LOVE ALL THAT THINGS. PLEASE GIVE ME SEASON 3. I COULD DIE CAUSE IT. <3

31. Rachel says:

This is the biggest shock of my life. I can’t believe this happened. First scream got cancelled and now scream queens. I’m literally in shock

32. Dumb move by Fox. Scream Queens was well written, phenomenal cast. It was the best bit of camp in a long time. What a shame.

33. Pina says:

Sad sad 😔
    Loved the series.

And probably u had to come with something new. With the chanels.
    Because how everything goes is too much. Would be pretty cool if Hester and Dr Brock get a baby.

34. Nathon says:

Killing off Chad Radwell was the finisher for me. He was hilarious!