Bill O'Reilly Fired

'Sad' Bill O'Reilly on Fox News Firing: 'The Truth Will Come Out'

Bill O’Reilly has more to say about his recent ousting from Fox News.

The embattled TV host — who, last Wednesday, was fired from the cable news network after a series of sexual harassment allegations against him — spoke about his dismissal in a podcast posted to his official website.

“I am sad that I’m not on television anymore,” O’Reilly told listeners. “I was very surprised how it all turned out. I can’t say a lot, because there’s much stuff going on right now.”

He continued: “But I can tell you that I’m very confident the truth will come out, and when it does, I don’t know if you’re going to be surprised — but I think you’re going to be shaken, as I am…. I can’t say anymore because I just don’t want to influence the flow of the information. I don’t want the media to take what I say and misconstrue it. However you, as a loyal O’Reilly listener, have a right to know, down the lane, what exactly happened. And we are working in that direction.”

O’Reilly’s firing came after weeks of scandal, beginning with the revelation that Fox had paid out more than $13 million to settle five separate sexual-harassment lawsuits against him. The host was officially let go after more accusers came forward, and dozens of companies dropped their ads from The O’Reilly Factor.

According to reports, O’Reilly stands to collect as much as $25 million in a severance payout.

In his initial statement, O’Reilly said his dismissal was “tremendously disheartening” and “due to completely unfounded claims.”

1. MrMank says:

I honestly hope what he’s saying is true. I have no problem believing there’s a lot more to the story than we’ve heard, and I truly believe O’Reilly’s ousting is more a result of losing advertisers than anything else. I’m just, like…why all that money to settle, though, Bill? If you’ve done nothing wrong, than why the settlements? So, Bill….if it really is as you say, let’s hope we know soon. And with “no spin”.

• Darsan54 says:

Apparently the culture at FOX is one of sexual exploitation, so why is it surprising Bill and his ego were caught. Interesting that the network didn’t care about the women, but were only moved to act when the advertisers weighed in. Shows people aren’t FOX’s priority.

• Coop says:

Putting aside whether the allegations are true or not, a lot of times people settle the lawsuits because it’s cheaper in the long run and/or just to get it over with. That would be especially true if it’s a he said/she said situation or there’s a lack of provable evidence (either way).

• Charles says:

@Coop, would you ever settle if you did nothing wrong? I think that’s a cop out way of reasoning. Not only would I not settle, I would make sure to counter sue just to bring my point of innocence across. This is not (just like with Cosby) an isolated case/accusation, it has now ballooned into multiple accusers.

• Joe says:

People settle all the time. Innocence or guilt, unfortunately, has nothing to do with it. In the legal world all that matters is liability and cost-benefit analysis. Rarely does something go to trial for the truth of the matter.

• Pedro says:

People only settle for that high sums when they are guilty. If she had settled for US$ 100,000.00 to avoid the hassle, I’d get it. But 13 million, 9 of them in a single lawsuit? I can’t imagine, if you are innocent, how that saved you money.

• Pedro says:

I don’t see anyway on Earth it would be cheaper to settle a single lawsuit for 9 million than fight it, if you are innocent and, therefore, there’s no evidence.

2. Janice says:

So sad Giving rest of people a hearing. Turned off sound during Caitlin segment. Hope that is clear enough for you

3. JScout says:

The truth will come out . . . please. We’ve known the truth for years. It’s too bad Fox has been willing to allow sexual harassment by so many people for so many years. Good riddance to all of them.

• Simmonds says:

Like a moth to a flame. It’s just a shame you take glee in the fact that women were allegedly sexually harassed all so you can marvel in the downfall of Fox News.

4. MMD says:

Yeah right Bill, the truth will come out. How about all of the women who worked and still work at Fox who had no place to turn for help courtesy of Ailes, you and the entire mindset of FoxNews men. Tucker Carlson thinks it’s left wing invented propaganda. WTH is in the water in that building???????? Do these particular men truly think that there are NO consequences to their actions??????

5. Pedro says:

Given how often he was sexist, racist, homophone and made very lewd comments about female guests on air, does anyone really think the truth that will come out is that off-screen he is respectful and gentleman-like?

6. Temperance says:

The monster is out. Good riddance ot horrific rubbish. If only they would have taken the entire world-damaging, propaganda channel out with it,

7. Amber says:

Was Megan Kelly one of the accuser’s.?

8. Mark says:

It is all about the bottom line , Bill. No advertisers ( for whatever reason), no show.