Supergirl Spoilers

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Supergirl, NCIS: LA, Supernatural, Scorpion, Once, Flash, Chicago P.D., Riverdale and More

Who will save Supergirl‘s sister? How will NCIS: Los Angeles be forever changed? What does a Criminal Minds return mean? “Hilarious” times ahead for The Flash? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

What can you share about Supergirl, more specifically Season 2, Episode 19? Anything you can give away about Alex/Maggie/Kara ? —Lisa
As revealed in the synopsis for the episode “Alex” (airing May 1), the titular DEO badass is kidnapped, leading Kara and Maggie to find her — if, that is, they can agree on how to go about doing that. “They both have such strong feelings for Alex, and they’re both strong opinionated women who really are passionate about their work,” Floriana Lima shared with me between takes of filming the episode. “So they’re going to butt heads a little bit.” Adds Melissa Benoist: “They don’t necessarily agree on how to deal with the fact that the person that’s the most important to both of them is missing and in danger.”

I am freaking out about the fact that Joe Mantegna’s daughter (Gia Mantegna) is reprising her Season 3 Criminal Minds role (in the episode “3rd Life”) in Episode 20 (airing Wednesday, April 26). Any info about her? Also, can we say that, after Reid’s remembrance of the Mexico murder, Mr. Scratch has nothing to do with that? — Patrícia
So this is interesting — when I asked showrunner Erica Messer about Mantegna’s daughter, she was caught a bit off guard, saying, “That’s a bit of a spoiler.” And then she got totally tight-lipped. As for your second question, Messer said, “No, I would not rule Scratch out.” In fact, he promises to remain a factor until “the last frames of the finale.”

Fans of Scorpion’s Waige have suffered for three seasons now! Will they finally get together before the season ends?! — Joanna
Although Scorpion EP Nick Santora promises that the Walter/Paige dynamic will “hit an apex” in the season’s final three episodes, this week’s installment will drive a wedge between them first. Teases EP Nick Wootton, “It’s revealed to Walter what happened in Episode 3, which is that he said he loved her, and she said it back” — and Walter’s initial reaction will have very negative ramifications for Paige. “This has been a secret that has been kept throughout the entire season,” Wootton tells us. “It is emotionally very complicated for Walter. Paige has known what he hasn’t known all along.”

Some people are worried about The Flash’s WestAllen with regards to who Savitar could be. Do you know what effect the reveal will have on their relationship? —Arlena
This much showrunner Andrew Kreisberg can offer you: Newly engaged Barry and Iris “are rock solid again” as “the quest to figure out who Savitar is and stop him from killing Iris becomes pretty much the main focus of the rest of the season.” And as those final five episodes unfold, there are twists both “scary and dramatic” as well as, hmm, “hilarious,” the EP says. “We’re really excited about the end of the year.”

I missed Season 1 of Animal Kingdom. Are there going to be repeats of it on TNT? —Angela
Leading up to the drama’s Tuesday, May 30 return date, TNT will marathon its freshman run in two batches, on Friday, May 26 (from 11 pm to 4 am) and Saturday, May 27 (noon to 5 pm).

Is there any word on whether the NCIS: LA finale this year will have a cliffhanger? —Dee
Sure sounds like it! “Oh my gosh, people will be floored. I’m not kidding,” Daniela Ruah, who plays Kensi, shared with me. “We’ve had edge-of-your-seat moments before, but this is a real big one — and it’s not something that’s going to just be resolved. It’s something that’s going to stick with us for the remainder of the show, until we go off the air. It’s not just a Season 8 thing, it’s something that’s going to be present forever.”

Any scoop on NCIS: New Orleans’ Percy and LaSalle? —Semaj
Their relationship, both personal and professional, will be tested in an upcoming episode when Percy makes a judgment call on a case that defies Pride and comes with serious consequences.

I was surprised that Supernatural’s Dean caved so easily to working with the British Men of Letters. Is he now all in like the other Winchesters or will Dean continue to push back against the Brits’ way of hunting? —Lisa
We’ve helpfully updated your question: Considering what the Brits are up to now, with the spying and killing, is Dean going to be feeling pretty vindicated about his initial hesitations? “‘Vindicated’ might be the wrong word,” executive producer Andrew Dabb says, explaining that “there’s some of that, but I don’t think there’s so much that it will be off-putting. Dean went into [the partnership with the British Men of Letters] with his eyes open, and Sam and Mary probably bought the hype a little bit more. Dean’s more of a skeptic. Sam has always been a little bit more a believer, and Mary’s the same way. They both want to make a better world, a monster-free world. The Brits are making progress doing that. So what it comes down to, finally, is the price you’re willing to pay — and once the rubber hits the road, that price is probably too high for our guys.”

Do you have any info about Andy returning to Modern Family? Please say you do and please say the answer is yes!! —Susan
Yes, I do have info! And the answer is no. Not this season, at least.

Do you have any Once Upon a Time scoop on The Black Fairy? —Maggie
The dark doyenne’s eponymous episode, airing Sunday, April 30, will fill in some blanks on her nefarious past — including why she gave up her son, and why she never named him.

How will the Black Fairy’s presence Storybrooke shape how Rumple and Belle plan to save Gideon? —Ashley
“It certainly complicates things, because of what their son has become and what he’s doing,” series co-creator Eddy Kitsis said when I hand-delivered your Q. “But Rumple and Belle are also loving parents who want the best for Gideon. So they’re trapped in a difficult situation that they’re going to be spending some time trying to extricate themselves from.”

Do you have anything on Prison Break? Specifically about the end of last week’s episode? Does Michael have a plan, or is he really in cahoots with the leader of ISIL? —Jen
I gotta be honest, this week’s episode will keep you (as well as increasingly anxious cellmate Whip) guessing as to Michael’s intentions with regard to Abu Ramal. Worse, his ultimate decision about whether or not to bust out the notorious terrorist could make or break his escape plan.

Any scoop on Burzek from Chicago P.D.? —Victoria
With Burgess — and her very preggers portrayer Marina Squerciati — taking a leave of absence from the unit, there probably won’t be much action on that front this season. “I don’t think the Ruzek relationship is really ready to blossom quite yet,” Squerciati says. “They’re still figuring each other out and figuring out how to work together.” Plus, with Burgess’ new responsibilities at home, taking care of her sister and niece, “I don’t think she’s really thinking about relationships at all right now, unfortunately,” Squerciati adds. As for that deleted “Burzek” scene from the last episode, the actress tells us it featured the exes taking Zoe to school in the morning (and you can now watch it here).

Any word on when the new season of Stitchers will start up? —Tim G.
As reported here (along with other Freeform dates), Stitchers Season 3 premieres Monday, June 5 at 9/8c.

Just watched theAgents of SHIELD new Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode. Is there any hope for a Fitz redemption? Or he is already gone? —Lee Lee
It sure doesn’t look good, especially since neither Radcliffe’s appeal to spare Agnes nor Jemma’s heart-wrenching “Noooooo!” seemed to shake Fitz out of his Framework stupor. As Brett Dalton observed to me, among all the familiar faces in strange Framework places, Fitz represents “probably the biggest shift. Somebody who through and through was a good, solid, dependable trustworthy guy all of a sudden has become this force to be reckoned with.”

Anything on my new favorite, Riverdale? —Jeff
Mama Andrews’ past with another Riverdale parent will soon be revealed. “You get to see Alice Cooper and Mary Andrews meet up,” star Mädchen Amick previews. “There’s a little [about] what they went through in high school, as well. They definitely knew each other. They had some issues back in the day.” Speaking of old times, Amick says exec producer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa “definitely has some really fun flashbacks planned for next season,” featuring younger versions of the parental units.

Do you know the date for Scandal finale? Seems silly, but I am scheduling a dinner with my boss and need to know when Season 6 ends…. —Maria
ABC hasn’t yet announced anything, but one may get a hint by looking at the eight and 18th words of this sentence.

Real questions, real answers! If you need the Inside Line on a favorite show, email InsideLine@tvline.com(With reporting by Vlada Gelman and Rebecca Iannucci)

1. Don’t you mean that the Black Fairy centric episode of Once Upon a Time is airing on April 30th, not May 30th?

2. Tess says:

So stoked for Supergirl #219. It’s going to be lit.

3. Emily says:

Hilarious, huh? I’m glad Westallen will be solid, and I hope the show manages to have lighthearted moments despite Iris’ (clearly-not-gonna-happen) death looming over us.

4. Alexis says:

Happy westallen remains rock-solid. I love that the flash has a stable healthy romantic relationship because we don’t see it that often on TV let alone the CW. I’m looking forward to the last five episodes but mostly how Iris will play a role in this whole savitar debacle.

• Mary says:

Yeah, they’re the complete opposite of Kara and Mon-El, which isn’t a healthy relationship at all.

• Toni says:

You’re so pressed and obsessed. You probably go to bed every night thinking about Mon-El. Sleep tight.

• Mike says:

You are an idiot. Mon-El admires her, he cooks for her, he loves her, he is proud of her, he praises her. You are so god damn blinded by SELFISH hate just because your ridiculous ship is nonexistent

• Annetheoutlaw says:

I swear to God you Karamel shippers never shut up about Kara/Lena. They never even mentioned it, read the comment.

• AnnieM says:

I’ve not been into this whole ‘Savitar’ storyline at all. I’m not sure if we’re supposed to figure that Flashpoint created Savitar somehow or what. My only hope is that when the ‘big reveal’ happens, we won’t think it’s stupid. :-D Aside from that, I’ve enjoyed the rest of this season; loved the musical, enjoyed the Grodd story, and I like the Gypsy character. And I continue to see Joe & Barry as my favorite parent & child relationship on TV – I hope that never gets permanently screwed up. And add me to the list of people who can’t see why it has to be Caitlin + ice powers = EVIL. It’s just how they presented it, like ‘evil’ is it’s only option. By that notion, shouldn’t *every* meta be automatically evil? It just doesn’t make sense to me.

5. I guess Erica doesn’t read press releases, because it was known that the character of Lindsay Vaughn was appearing in both episodes 20 and 21 (who knows about episode 22, since that press release hasn’t been published yet). As to what purpose remains to be seen. Of all the prior characters eligible for return, I can’t say she was anywhere in the top 50. But who knows? It might turn out well.

• Patricia Angelica says:

Right? Hahahaha!
      I wouldn’t ever think about Gia returning… EVER! But it’s good that they are able to surprise us yet… even in a boring arc like this one… =D

6. Butch says:

Will Malcolm (Stephen Lord), the adult Peter Pan, and Rumple’s father be in the flashbacks of the Black Fairy story on April 30?

7. CC says:

So excited about 2×19 ‘Alex’, I love any and all teases you guys are giving out about it. More, more!

8. Butch says:

On the Flash I like one internet theory that the Iris seen getting killed is actually another character using HR’s face changing device to pretend to be Iris to fulfill the vision of the future that Barry, Wally, and Cisco saw. Sadly they think that person is Joe West saving his daughter.

9. Phun says:

Looking forward to seeing how Kara and Maggie go about saving Alex! Cannot Wait!

10. Angela says:

Yeah, I never thought that Reid’s recollection of that murder meant Mr. Scratch wasn’t involved. He also remembered something being sprayed into the room, which was a huge part of Scratch’s M.O. Plus, he’s not the one who kills people. He manipulates others to kill. So naturally he wouldn’t be the one committing the murder in Mexico as a result.
    Of course, the question now is how the hell Mantegna’s daughter’s character ties into all of this, and what connection, if any, she has to Scratch. That’s an awfully random character callback. But I’m very curious to see how they’ll work this strange twist in. So long as the season ends on a positive note of some sort for Reid and the rest of the team, I’ll be happy.

11. fiberlicious says:

It feels like I’ve been waiting for Stitchers for EVER!

12. T.W.S.S. says:

I’d bet good money that Kara and Maggie butt heads over a rescue strategy, while Alex spends the episode defeating the bad guys and saving herself.

13. Stefanie says:

Cannot wait for the NCIS LA finale!!!

• It’s not just a Season 8 thing, it’s something that’s going to be present forever.”…….is it possible well learn that Kensi is pregnant? present forever, she said……

• Stefanie says:

Not sure, Kensi could be pregnant. I am hoping we at least get the engagement before the end of season 8.

• The engagement is not a cliffhanger, everybody knows the proposal will be in the last ep. Deeks did say it last week and more he he added that there would be a very big cliffhanger in the last ep. and now D. Ruah said the same thing here. Oh I know that I can be wrong.

• Stefanie says:

My only concern is that she said proposal , not engagement. I am not trying to be picky, I really want you to be right and we get Kensi saying yes to the proposal!!! I do not think I could take another proposal without a yes from Kensi!

• I`m sorry….my English is very poor, si I thought “proposal” and “engagement” was the same thing. like I said, I can be totally wrong, was only speculating.

• BW says:

I hope nothing permanently happens to Michelle!

14. Naina says:

I love how healthy Westallen is. Like it’s great to see a couple with great chemistry, who are absolutely in love, and who support each other and stand by each other no matter what.

Also, my girl, Iris, is the focus for the remainder of the season? I like the sound of that.

15. laurelnev says:

Whatever happened to Lucy Lane on Supergirl? Wasn’t she going to help them expose Cadmus? Did her character not survive the move to the CW?

• Supertee35 says:

Agreed! I liked her, but like the failed James/Kara romance, I guess they didn’t need her character anymore for the triangle/tension. Sad. Plus she could breathe a story line for James Olson.

16. peegee says:

so glad no Andy –

17. Cas says:

This isn’t the daughter he just learned about right, a few seasons ago? I guess I don’t remember season 3 too much. Haha.

• Angela says:

No, they’re referring to Mantegna’s real life daughter Gia making an appearance, not the daughter Rossi found out about a few seasons ago on the show (whose name is Joy). Back in season 3,.Gia played a young girl named Lindsay who, along with a friend, was abducted. Her father was in Witness Protection, and the team had to deal with the complications of that while working the case to find her.
      At the end of the episode, Lindsay ordered her father to kill the guy who’d held her captive. And now apparently Lindsay’s going to appear at some point at the end of this season. How she’ll be worked into the storyline with Reid and Mr. Scratch and whatnot, I don’t know. But yeah. That’s who they’re talking about.

18. “‘Vindicated’ might be the wrong word,” executive producer Andrew Dabb says, explaining that “there’s some of that, but I don’t think there’s so much that it will be off-putting. Dean went into [the partnership with the British Men of Letters] with his eyes open, and Sam and Mary probably bought the hype a little bit more.

*Probably* bought the hype a little more? This is so indicative of Dabb, both as writer and as showrunner. Of course Sam & Mary can’t bear the responsibility all on their own. If it was Dean who dragged them into it, there would be at least a half a season of prostrating himself for Sam’s forgiveness. Chuck forbid he even gets an ‘I told you so’ out of this, after being made to apologize for his feelings at least twice already. Nope, he just gets to drive the car and, uh, polish Sam’s weapon. A little vindication wouldn’t be off-putting – this whole season with the cheesy British *human* villains is filling that bill. I’ve never actively wished someone out of a job, but I really hope Dabb finds himself another show before he ruins Supernatural completely.

• “I really hope Dabb finds himself another show before he ruins Supernatural completely.”

You are not alone in this.

• Sidi says:

So agree with wishing Dabb gone as he has created a plot line where I am simply disliking every aspect of the brothers behaviour.

• Paula Stiles says:

Me, too. There’s no possible way Dean could be and act too vindicated about the LoL. Also, if Dabb honestly wanted to show the LoL as being the least bit effective in hunting monsters (let alone demons and archangels, where they are so far out of their league, they don’t even know what’s going on), he did a miserably poor job of it. They come off as utter morons and offensive, jingoistic stereotypes, and half their backstory doesn’t make a lick of sense. Nothing against the actors, who are game, but the writing is horrible, and what is up with making all the female LoLs awful, one-dimensional MRA caricatures?

And don’t get me started on all the Samworship Dabb and Singer (and, to a lesser extent, new writers like Perez) have been peddling all season. If I wanted to watch Dean carry Sam’s cape, I’d go rewatch the execrable “Swan Song” and first half of season six.

Dabb needs to go. He can take Singer, Perez, Buckner, and Ross-Leming with him.

19. kjmorse says:

Why in gods name to almost all CBS shows have to have a romantic paring between main characters.
    Stopped watching ncis la because of kensi & deeks, stopped watching ncis no because of lasalle & percy. now if paige & walter actually get together will have to stop watching scorpion.

• datdudemurphy says:

I was with you on all of that until Paige and Walter…. I just need the will they/won’t they to end.
      If it ends with them together-fine
      If it ends with them apart-fine
      But, please….end it.

• skrable2a says:

If you think LaSalle and P{ercy are having a relationship on NCIS:NO, then you’ve never watched the show. Yes, there have been hints that something might be down the line; but it has not be explored at all.

And this isn’t a CBS thing; it’s all shows on all networks

• Sarah D says:

I am also not a fan of the main character pairing or hints of romance down the line e.g Kensi & Deeks, Nell & Eric, Callen & Arkady’s daughter (can never understand a word she says). I really liked Callen & Joelle together (the schoolteacher). Was a bit disappointed when they made her out to be a bad guy this season.

20. Arthur says:

The British Men of Letters have GOT to go.

21. Muffy says:

I’m going with future Barry is Savitar. Last episode worked against that theory but I now believe that’s where they’re going. Barry or H.R.

22. KaitlynK says:

Aw man, I thought the *mystery woman* at the end of Criminal Minds was going to be Aubrey Plaza! But Joe’s tweets kinda gave it away… was there a press release for Gia’s return? She hasn’t been on since an early season and recurring like that wasn’t seen since Rossi’s little book was stolen

23. Micaela says:

I ‘m just here for the flash news, and if it is true that the last few episodes won’t be all doom and gloom then I am all for it. I think they’ve kinda almost confirmed Iris isn’t actually dying (what a relief) so I’m looking forward to see exactly how this storyline concludes, tbh I really hope they are able to end the season on a lighter note, so we can start season 4 in that same vain…. I’m still scratching my head and the ‘hilarious’ moments, but seeing that they managed to squeeze in a musical episode in the midst of all the Savitar happenings I guess I shouldn’t put this past them. Happy for Barry and Iris, excited for the rest of the season.

24. Lena says:

Seems so weird chicago pd keep deleting scenes featuring the popular pairings, it’s like they refuse to acknowledge the good things they have going in favor of misery for everyone

• Morgan says:

Not misery for everyone . . lol . . . sick of both Linstead and Burzek . . .. couples in the same unit . . just stupid!!

25. Jane says:

I’m glad they aren’t having Dean be petty. I think he and Sam are on the same page this year.

• Paula Stiles says:

Dean doesn’t trust a bunch of incompetent psychopaths who are invading his country and killing its citizens after watching one of them in action? If that’s being petty, I’m with Dean. Let’s get petty and show those creeps the door. Mary’s at least got some issues to work out after being dead for over thirty years. What’s Sam’s excuse for being so gullible?

There will never be a season when Dean and Sam are on the same page. This season is certainly not it.

• Exactly. And Dean getting a little vindication, or Chuck forbid an acutal *apology* from Sam and Mary would be ‘petty’? If they wrote this the opposite way, Dean would spend at least half of next season prostrating himself for Sam’s forgiveness. I might have some Dean!girl bias, but I’m not the showrunner here, and Dabb’s anti-Dean bias is ruining the character.

26. Angus says:

Was that Molly Ringwald playing Archie’s mom.

27. Natalie says:

I want Andy back.

28. I want the flash not to end, the speed force just can’t keep him, are we all going to lose our super hero’s ? If you end flash there is going to be one person who will miss him on Tues. night.