Prison Break Ratings

Ratings: Prison Break Returns Up From 2009 Finale, Tuesday's No. 2 Scripted

Fox’s nine-episode Prison Break revival premiered on Tuesday to 3.83 million total viewers and a 1.5 rating (per finals), improving on the drama’s “series finale” numbers from May 2009 (3.3 mil/1.2) and ranking behind CBS’ NCIS as the night’s No. 2 scripted program.

Prison Break also nearly doubled time slot predecessor Bones‘ final season demo average. Readers gave the opener an average grade of “B+.”

Opening Fox’s night, New Girl (2 mil/0.9) was flat with its season(/series?) finale, while The Mick (2.1 mil/0.8) dipped a tenth.

Elsewhere…

CBS | Both NCIS (13.8 mil/1.6) and Bull (11 mil/1.3) were steady, while New Orleans (8.9 mil/1.0) ticked down in the demo to match its series low.

ABC | Agents of SHIELD (2.15 mil/0.7) returned from hiatus up 10 percent and a tenth. The Middle (5.3 mil/1.4) and American Housewife (4.4 mil/1.2) slipped two tenths and Fresh Off the Boat (3.8 mil/1.1) was steady. Imaginary Mary christened its regular time slot with 3.5 mil and a 0.9, up a tenth from time slot predecessor The Real O’Neals‘ finale.

THE CW | Legends of Tomorrow wrapped Season 2 with 1.53 mil and a 0.6, up a tenth in the demo. iZombie returned to 950K/0.4, down from both its previous premiere (1.5 mil/0.7) and its year-ago finale (1.2 mil/0.5).

NBC | The Voice (9.5 mil/1.9) slipped two tenths week-to-week, while Trial & Error (averaging 3.4 mil/0.8) and Chicago Fire (6.3 mil/1.3) each ticked down a tenth.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Chris says:

Damn I really thought prison break would premiere bigger than that after how popular it has been for Netflix. Oh well still decent numbers hopefully it holds there for the next eight weeks

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

A 1.5? On Fox?? It was plenty big in the scheme of things.

• Butch says:

Comparing to 2009? You keep records for along time. Too bad the new “Lost In Space” is on Netflix. It would be interesting for you to compare how the revival does compared to the season 3 finale from 1968 on CBS.

• C says:

Fox ratings are usually low they don’t have a good line up haven’t in years so these numbers for THEM are pretty good.

The show didn’t disappoint either!

• Ray says:

Prison Break would have been better as a 2 hour premiere. A lot happened but really slow paced. Feel bad for iZombie, the network debuted the new season to late in the season. Feels forever between seasons. Was hard remembering plot points from the season finale that happened a year ago. I am glad Ally Michalka is a series regular now.

2. Chris says:

I thought prison break would premiere in the 2s with how popular it has been on Netflix since it ended. Oh well hopefully it can hold for the next 8 weeks

3. Eric7740 says:

Wow!!! Nothing last night above a 2.0!!! If that doesn’t prove how peoples viewing habits have changed, I don’t know what will…

• Haz says:

Same thing I thought. They need to either get rid of the ratings system or modify it. The statement of PB tying NCIS at number 2 in the demo proved that. Viewing habits have changed Immensely I don’t even bother watching TV live anymore I’ll wait till the next day and watch it on Hulu or the weekend if I have no plans.

4. Joey Padron says:

Glad Prison Break got good ratings for the season premiere episode. Good Agents of Shield went up a bit in the ratings. Glad Legends of Tomorrow got pretty good ratings for their season finale episode.

5. Brian says:

The Mick deserves to be doing better. The show is so funny.

6. I’m glad for Agents of Shield, but for some reason I was hoping for a 0.8. Still hoping beyond hope for that renewal.

7. Gerald says:

Man is Agents of Shield a great show. So intersting how they are creating new bad guys and reworking the existing storylines. Can’t believe it doesn’t do better int he ratings. Hopefully DVR’s and downloads keep it alive for another season. Also enjoyed iZombie. So glad it is back. Again. What is wrong with the ratings. Also really enjoy the Trial and Error. Hope it continues somehow.

8. johnt says:

Trial & Error is amazing, I really hope it gets renewed.

9. kmw says:

Yes Prison Break not only did much better in the demo than Bones but also Scream Queens as well, and I know HH numbers don’t count but I seriously doubt FOX is happy with those numbers. But props to them for gaining so well from anemic lead ins so that is something. Let’s see how it goes from here. Wow not a great night for most shows and especially CBS is slipping here where it used to rule

• Boiler says:

You have said what is wrong with these idiotic ratings. You say CBS is slipping when the 3 shows averaged in excess of 10 million viewers. If that is bad network TV in the crapper

10. Boiler says:

The statement that Prison Break is the number 2 show of the night shows everything that is wrong with ratings. Give me a break!!!

11. N says:

I loved The Middle

12. Gift says:

Good , it’s a nice show for now.

13. Billy Bob Johnson says:

iZombie is back??? Exactly.

14. DavidSask says:

Real O’Neals‘ has to come back, even if for shorter season, 12 eps. The Mary show is horrid, whomever commissioned it needs to be fired!

15. TYHESSIA TOURE says:

Ratings are not correct anymore people don’t watch TV like they use too, I stream all my favorite shows after they have been on commercial free, still watching everything as if I had cable. I have a device that allows me to watch everything

16. Nina says:

I give prison break 5 star 🖒🖒☆☆☆☆☆

17. Leesa says:

Prison Break was awesome. It was great to see all the main characters and it was action packed. I hope Michael and Sarah are able to reunite. Michael and Lincoln are the best … T- Bag is the character most fans love to hate but hes also funny at times . Looking forward to all the other episodes.