This Is Us Poker Game Finale

Did This Is Us' Jack Ask for Beating? Should Kimmel Host Bachelor Rehash? Loose Lips on NCIS? And More Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including The Vampire Diaries, The Bachelor, This Is Us and NCIS!

1 | Was The Vampire’s Diaries‘ heavy focus on the afterlife in its series finale oddly Lost-like? And what’s with the blotty ink on Klaus’ check? (Is it because he writes with an old-timey quill?) And could the tiny “EN” in “OFTEN” look any more like a last-minute addition to “OFT”?

The Vampire Diaries Klaus' Check2 | Event though last week’s Grimm was about an elderly couple we hadn’t known before, wasn’t that sad ending oddly affecting? Also, we know Eve is now a hybrid of the Eve/Juliette personalities, but doesn’t it seem like the old Juliette is back?

3 | How much more mileage is Sleepy Hollow going to get out of that Hamilton Man sight gag?

| Once Upon a Time‘s Regina can poof away an entire Sheriff of Nottingham, but she can’t heal Wish Robin’s cut right there on the spot? Also, did Pinocchio get some (wood)work done?

| American Crime fans, how long did it take you to recognize Connor Jessup in his first scene as a scraggly, struggling drug addict?

6 | On Last Man on Earth, were you hoping Lewis somehow managed to eject himself from the airplane before it crashed? And since we never did see a body, are you still hoping that to be the case (despite Will Forte’s seemingly ironclad confirmation that Kenneth Choi is no longer on the show)?

7 | Who did Family Guy‘s go-to housekeeper Consuela piss off so much that she didn’t get to play the maid in the show’s Terminator cutaway about Arnold’s predilection for banging the help?The Good Fight

8 | Would The Good Fight be even better without the Maia/Rindell family storyline?

9 | Has Homeland‘s Quinn officially reached immortal status, following his latest brush with death? (Was he bitten by a vampire between seasons, and they just never told us?)

10 | How large a freakout did you Girls watchers/Broadway fans have when you realized that the actress playing Hannah (and therefore having her bare buns spanked) in Adam’s movie was The Secret Garden‘s grown-up Daisy Eagan?

11 | Anyone notice that Fox’s promos for this week’s Tony Almeida-fueled 24: Legacy featured glimpses of pretty much every major character except Corey Hawkins (aka, you know, the show’s star)?

12 | What did The Bachelor‘s Nick and Vanessa do to producers that led to them getting bum-rushed off the “After the Final Rose” stage to allow for yet more time with new Bachelorette Rachel? In light of Jimmy Kimmel’s penetrating, incisive, entertaining interview with Nick and Vanessa, should ABC consider letting him host all future finale specials versus Chris “I Just Wanna Be Everyone’s BFF” Harrison? And has any runner-up ever looked less heartbroken and more ready to move on than Raven?

13 | On Scorpion, if Toby’s clicker indeed rolled over (hit “00”) and then made it to “32” again, wouldn’t that be 132 total clicks, not 131?

14 | As amusing as Dead Norma is on Bates Motel, have you found yourself really missing the living, breathing, complex, full-bodied Norma?

15 | On The Voice, has Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton’s “We’re dating!” banter officially crossed over from cute to obnoxious?

16 | Does The Flash‘s H.R. sleep with his beloved drumsticks?

17 | To This is Us‘ Jack: What dope thinks he can walk out on a card game, with strangers no less, after one (hugely) winning hand? Also, are we to believe that was first time — 15 or so years into their marriage alone — Jack told Rebecca he had another date on that fateful night? And what are the odds that Rebecca and Miguel get together (gasp!) before Jack dies?

18 | Even if NCIS’ Gibbs and Quinn had the killer dead to rights, wouldn’t they risk slander by detailing his (alleged) crimes in front of the ship’s crew?

19 | Did you see Imposters‘ Patrick-works-for-the-FBI twist coming?

RELATED Rachel Maddow Analyzes President Donald Trump’s 2005 Tax Returnzzz (Was the Report Over-Hyped?)

20 | How far into Tuesday’s Last Word With Rachel Maddow did you realize the Trump’s tax returns “smoking gun” wasn’t going to appear, and thus changed the channel? But doesn’t embattled Maddow deserve some credit for not shamelessly encasing POTUS’ tax returns inside a block of ice and then slowly melting it over the course of her hour-long show? (You know it crossed her mind.)

21 | On Arrow, did Helix’s real-time stream of photos from “every cell phone camera in the world” not feature nearly enough selfies?

22 | Was Designated Survivor‘s Secret Service detail allowing the VP such a wide berth that they didn’t see MacLeish’s wife arrive at the cemetery, waving around a gun?

23 | In the Lethal Weapon finale, shouldn’t that electric shock torture have messed with Murtaugh’s pacemaker a bit more than it did? And did Riggs’ line about what he’s been using the ocean for stick with you the next time you go to the beach?

24 | Does Syfy’s three-day binge for 12 Monkeys‘ upcoming third season sound like a brilliant idea or a burn-off?

Hit the comments with your answers – and any other Qs you care to share!

1. Ana says:

4. Not even the people who make OUAT go back to rewatch this befuddled mess of a show. There is no continuity whatsoever.
    8. No, The Good Fight, is perfect as is.
    14. Even in the scenes where she is just playing the corpse, Vera Farmiga is still out acting just about everyone on TV, so to answer your question, NO.

• T.W.S.S. says:

That’s exactly why I stopped watching OUAT in season five. I used to overlook the plot holes in the early years, but they just kept getting larger and larger — until entire characters, story lines, and all the rules of magic would fall in, never to be heard from again.

• PatriciaLee says:

4. I don’t think the husband has even noticed.

2. Tom says:

~
    It would be safe to guess that it went 99, 00, 01, so yes that likely would have been 132. Given we never see the actual numbers, it’s hard precisely to say how that one works, but basing off others, you’re right.
    ~
    ~
    Wasn’t that pretty much guaranteed to happen?
    ~
    ~
    She’d have her own detail, so likely she’d have hidden the gun till she got there.

3. fiberlicious says:

17: Nah. I expect “soothing the grieving/guilt-ridden widow.”

• SusieT79 says:

I agree. I know the kids didn’t seem to like Miguel, but there wasn’t a hatred, just the look of kids viewing someone that is trying to replace their father. I have seen that look before. If Miguel stole her, I don’t think he would even be allowed around the family. I also can’t see him being that sleazy.

4. Tom_B says:

22. And, I would add, why does the wife of the VP (and acting president) NOT have a detail of her own? She just grabs her keys and motors off unattended?

5. 17 – Depends on if Jack wanted to tell her why he was really at the bar that night!

24 – My heart is telling me brilliant, but my head is telling me burn off!!

3 – 3 more episodes worth, im guessing :(

6. Dr.Bombay says:

22. Also, why was Maggie Q so close and the rest of the FBI team so far away?

7. BM says:

Once definitely needs to issue their very own “Guide to Magic – this is what each character can and cannot do and why”.

8. Daisy says:

19 | Did you see Imposters‘ Patrick-works-for-the-FBI twist coming? I suspected that Patrick wasn’t quite who he claimed but it was a delight to see the entire “family” in on it. This show is a delightful surprise.
    22 | Was Designated Survivor‘s Secret Service detail allowing the VP such a wide berth that they didn’t see MacLeish’s wife arrive at the cemetery, waving around a gun? YES! I mean, where were they? Did no one have a sniper rifle? At the least after the first shot that took the VP out somebody should’ve been able to keep the wife from shooting herself. WTH?
    25 | Eric Roberts has to return to Grey’s Anatomy as Jackson’s dad, if for no other reason than to give us a few kickass scenes between him and Debbie Allen, right? I’m not a huge fan of Eric Roberts but I would enjoy that. A lot.

9. Television says:

1. vampire diaries, i can’t get over the “oft”en mistake. No way would Klaus send a letter with a mistake. and ninas wig, hahahhahaa.
    2. grimm, love the show but juliette actress cannot act, so she is all over the place with her personalities.
    3. sleepy hollow. i think this show is getting better this year.
    16. flash. h.r. and his drum sticks and his coffee love are hilarious and really fit the character.
    21. arrow. the scene between laurels dad and “hockey mask” guy was really believeable.
    24. 12 monkeys. it is a total burn off of the episodes. they decided they dont want the show anymore so they are cramming it out, which is awful because it will conflict with other shows in that timeslot.

• Wordsmith says:

1) I didn’t take “oft” as a mistake, but rather a flowery, old-timey phrasing that Klaus then decided sounded too over the top and changed. I though it was a subtle bit of cute awkwardness.

• Jane says:

Just for fun I googled this “oft” thing and turns out it is indeed an “archaic or literary form of often” Haha, I didn’t know. Well I’ll borrow your take on that OFTen thing then!

10. souphead says:

Last Word is Lawrence O’Donnell’s show. It’s just The Rachel Maddow Show.

Rachel used the not very exciting tax returns to open up much needed questions so there was value. But they should NOT have hyped it as they did!

11. Wordsmith says:

2) I did get the feels for the old Wesen couple, but I felt worse for the family and friends of the two murder victims, who will never get closure on those mysterious and violent deaths.

12. Amy says:

#2: I bawled. Could be because my mom has dementia. But it really got to me.

13. V.J. says:

20. Well, I didn´t even bother to tune in because if someone REALLY would have a bombshell on Trump´s taxes I can´t imagine that they would anounce that they will air it in 40 min.

14. skrable2 says:

15. How old was that clicker that it only registers double-digits?

15. N!loofar says:

Why isn’t Carrie shot yet? Every other episode Quinn is shot or beaten up and Carrie doesn’t even check on him.

16. Luli says:

I hace mixed feelings about how they are handling the third season… But if they are burning it off why renew it four a fourth and final season?????

Happy they renewed it, but so sad its ending!

17. ReneCat says:

RE: question 22: I think there was only 2 Secret Service agents and MacLeish’s PSYCHO wife came in another way. Besides they were giving him a wide berth so he wouldn’t realize they were on to him. The plan was to arrest him so they had to make it look alright. Couldn’t spook him unfortunately it allowed his wife to get up there.

18. funnibone31 says:

9. Yes but I’m totally fine with it!

19. Allison says:

17) Thought the same thing…a 28 y/o Vietnam vet would have more street smarts than that.

20. superwoman says:

19 | Did you see Imposters‘ Patrick-works-for-the-FBI twist coming?
    Did not see that coming at all, that was a good twist. I actually thought Patrick may be somehow linked with the doctor. His whole ‘family’ are FBI agents. I really liked the confrontations with Maddie… they just want her back, they are all still in love with her. Imposters is incredible, can’t wait for next epi

21. claudiagail says:

Re #18: It is only slander if the statement is false, so, no, not slander.

22. maltru says:

Question #26: Why is TVLine acting like it’s such a big deal that Eric Roberts was cast as Jackson’s dad? I don’t get it. It’s not like it’s the first time he’s done TV, or even the first time in a while. Is there some connection between him and Debbie Allen that Google couldn’t find for me? I don’t get why they acted like it was a spoiler to say he was cast as Papa Avery, nor do I understand why they think he should appear on future episodes…

23. Karen says:

8. Absolutely – every scene with Maia feels like it’s in slow motion

24. ScottJ says:

5. American Crime. it took me all of 2 seconds to recognize Connor Jessup, and I have issues with facial blindness.

25. Alichat says:

2) I had a feeling Juliette was back after Nick used that stick on her. I believe she will die before or in the series finale, so we need the Juliette personality back so that Nick can resolve the feelings he still has for her. Frankly, I thought we would hear him refer to her as Juliette more often than that one time when she was taken to the hospital a couple of eps ago.
    On another note, why is Nick suddenly having to tell Wesen that he’s a Grimm? Wasn’t it at Monroe and Rosalee’s wedding that he had to wear sunglasses because Wesen can tell the person is a Grimm by their eyes? In past seasons, he just had to look at the person. Now suddenly, it has to be announced that he’s a Grimm??
    9) He still has his soul, so perhaps vampire bite with a gypsy curse???
    15) That happened about a month after they announced they were dating. Been sick of them for awhile and I don’t watch The Voice. I can’t imagine how irritating that must be.
    16) The real question should be why are the writers making every character on The Flash the dumbest version of themselves? Are they all drinking stupid juice before making an important decision?
    25) Yes! I am hoping that is why he was cast. I’m not saying we need an overload of Robert Avery, but one more ep with him, Jackson, Catherine, and April would be interesting to see. I just kept waiting for Jackson to say to Robert that he didn’t run away from all the galas and the Avery name. He ran away from his son.

• Nameless says:

The Wesen have to woge to notice that Nick is a Grimm. I haven’t paid enough attention if they’ve been consistent with this.

• Alichat says:

Ohhh yeah. I guess I was just so used to seeing people go ‘OMG you’re a Grimm!’ I didn’t think about it being when they were woged. Lately it seems now it’s always ‘Hey….good to see you. Meet our friend Nick. He’s a Grimm.’ ‘OMG! Ahhhh!’ Or ‘Hi I’m Detective Burkhardt. I’m a Grimm.’ ‘OMG! Ahhhh!’

26. texmike says:

#18 No, If the statements they made are true, they can not be slanderous.

27. PatriciaLee says:

18. More like risk the court case, methinks. Doesn’t something have to be proven, first? At the least, why give a lawyer something to challenge? 23. They can be remarkable. Know someone who’s refused to take the next step, and it’s still doing it, mind boggling everyone in real life.

28. Emilio says:

17) Big disappointment! I expected much more. Not a good season ending episode.
    20) There was no smoking gun and she knew it. Who watches MSNBC anyway?

29. Caelinae says:

I thought they said that Toby’s clicker hit 99 and rolled over to 1 again. It never hit 100. That’s why the 131.

30. bridyyc says:

8) No. They’ve actually painted quite an intriguing mystery with the Rindell story line. And Bernadette Peters is a fascinating character. I hate to say it, but if the show were to dump something it should be the law firm. It weighs the show down – the private investigator, “barbara”…and those stupid 2 with the laptop that decide what cases they take….no, lose the law firm. It would be much more interesting to see Diane try and make it on her own – start up a new company. I think it would be a RIOT if she had to move into the old Florric/Agos space.

31. Chloe says:

11 | Anyone notice that Fox’s promos for this week’s Tony Almeida-fueled 24: Legacy featured glimpses of pretty much every major character except Corey Hawkins (aka, you know, the show’s star)?

Of all the characters on the show, Eric Carter [Hawkins] is pretty much the one I care least about. I just haven’t cottoned to him, even though he’s a good guy. I certainly hope he succeeds in getting the terrorists, but on a personal level, I’m not into him. Oddly, I care more about his brother, the drug dealer. LOL

As for Tony, he’s been a favorite since Day One of the original series. I wish they hadn’t made him a bad guy but good or bad, I love watching Tony!

32. queensgirl says:

2) Even though last week’s Grimm was about an elderly couple we hadn’t known before, wasn’t that sad ending oddly affecting?

Yes! I wasn’t expecting such an emotional episode

17) I thought Rebecca’s blind date would be Miguel. :)

33. queensgirl says:

Yes! I wasn’t expecting such an emotional episode.

17) I thought that Rebecca’s blind date would be Miguel. :)

34. Mandy says:

13. Scorpion: Mathematically/Systematically, the clicker hitting “00” after 99 is a reset that is not an inclusive datum. Therefore, “00” after hitting 99 is not click #100. Click #100 is when the clicker reads “01” after 99, so “32” on the clicker is click #131. This is because the clicker has a 2-digit system. Your original postulation would be correct if the clicker was a 3-digit system or if you counted the amount of times the clicker was physically clicked.

22. Designated Survivor: What’s even more shocking about the wife is that she even has car keys in the first place. Just like the president, the VP and his wife are not allowed to drive. So I think she managed to find a way to have a car (maybe 1 agent is in on it) that gave her the opportunity to get to the cemetery. Or we could ignore the fact that she’s not allowed to drive and have SS detail follow her but give space like the others. But bottom line, the entire scene would have been more believable if everything happened faster with less dialogue. Then, I could forgive the fact that Maggie was alone and that the VP’s wife was able to stand behind her for a moment without intervention from the FBI or SS before the kill shots.

35. Jersey Jeff says:

24: Both

36. ragnar51 says:

#2 It certainly was, I didn’t think that they would show the end of the husband. It brought us to tears.

37. Kevin Tran says:

9. Peter Quinn is like a mix of Jason Bourne and Jack Bauer in him.

38. #12… I missed the Bachelor After Show this season, I enjoy it hosted by Michelle Collins & Chris Harrison as it was a couple of seasons ago. (Her season with Sean Lowe, well, Lowe was a little stiff.). Jimmy Kimmel would be a fun host choice for that but I think he wouldn’t want to spend that much time dedicated to it to be the sole host. Maybe get Collins to co-host with him, she’s very witty and knows The Bachelor franchise forwards and backwards, Kimmel can provide a little extra snark.
    I think Chris Harrison is the hosting face of the franchise and the right choice particularly for ATFR. As we saw, that live show can be a little prickly, what with discussions of “why we broke up” and unhappy “happy” couples. Harrison handles that just fine.

39. Billy Bob Johnson says:

“20 | How far into Tuesday’s Last Word With Rachel Maddow…”
    Try “The Rachel Maddow Show”. The “Last Word” is a completely different show.